BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1007
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:24:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hooligan223:

Oh yeah had a great day, and weekend.  My daughter caught the biggest fish again.  I think I'm going to nickname her the trout whispered. She caught two and lost one and I managed to catch one little one in between helping her.   I wished we had longer to fish because there was a huge brown cruising around that I'd have liked to seen her get hooked up.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mauser1:
Hey kids, Been watching football and fixing computers. Finally a nice day here.

I hope you are all having a good one too.

Oh yeah had a great day, and weekend.  My daughter caught the biggest fish again.  I think I'm going to nickname her the trout whispered. She caught two and lost one and I managed to catch one little one in between helping her.   I wished we had longer to fish because there was a huge brown cruising around that I'd have liked to seen her get hooked up.

Congrats.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:49:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By MissBheaven:
So 2 be hindered by lack of laptop Sa/oU, thinking about u guys!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ohio!!!! Lots of luv & hugs from here.
View Quote

Thank you, ma'am. Good to see you around.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:54:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Eagle34:

Congrats.
View All Quotes

Congrats.

I love taking the little ones fishing.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:31:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:54:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Mernin Sa/oU

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:22:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

View All Quotes

Congrats.

Me too, I don't even care if I get to fish as long as she has a good time.  Of course she had to have one for dinner so after I cooked it she poked it and asked "can he feel that?".  I laughed and told her no he couldn't.  So she says "OK" and takes a bite.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:35:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Howdy folks.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:38:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Mornin'
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:36:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Good morning Sa/oU from work computer, YAY!!  Good to be back to work & have a vessel for posting again, iPad is good for surfing but sux for posting.
Had a decent weekend despite MacBook Pro crapping out.  1 of my little boys decided to lift his leg on it while I was out of the room for 2 seconds, ugh. What round for 6 pound Chi pup?  Need to drop it off to have the battery popped out to clear the code.  Hoping it doesn't cost a lot, would do it myself but don't have the necessary tiny tool to release the power supply from battery.
Saturday took Chew to the vet 1st thing, then headed out for lunch date with friend & beautiful drive to No. Conway, NH.  

Caught this beauty of a sunset on the ride home.  Right after this pic was driving back down the mountain & BIG black bear came across the road.  That guy was huge, almost ready to hibernate for the Winter, so they are real fat & happy.  It's bear & moose hunting season here right now, this one can move, watched him run into the woods, despite his size can haul some ass.

You all have a good 1st day of the week.

RIP Nicholas

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:39:46 PM EDT
[#10]
OK, I finally had a few minutes to go back and see what I missed over the weekend.  It's hard to keep up with everything on my phone so most of the time I don't even try.

Ohio:   Happy Belated Birthday you old codger.

Terry and lcoates:  Nice RC cars, I used to have a few nitro boats back in the day and I'm anxious to get the kids interested in something RC as soon as they develop the hand/eye coordination.  The electrics have made huge improvements over what they were in the late 80's/early 90's I've been fighting the urge to pick up something.

Miss B:  What a beautiful sunset.  I'm glad you had a nice weekend and no bears were harmed.

M1:  That chicken is making me hungry, how did it turn out?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:41:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By I-M-A-WMD:
Sorry to have abandoned y'all.  Went bow hunting walking with a bow most of the week. Spotty cell service reduced my webesence.

Three days with highs of 95 degrees.  

Got busted by a 6x bull @ 50 yards and spent some hours bugling expletives to other hunters.

Big hugs to MissB.  Hope you're mending well?

Rest in peace Brandon Hayslip.

One of my close circle of friends, a patriot and a warrior, passed away Thursday evening. While he was an old warrior, that doesn't make goodbye any easier. As one here much wiser than I said before: "Friends are the family we choose". Godspeed to you my brother Nicholas.

Hope you're all well my friends.

View Quote

My condolences on the loss of your friend.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:00:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank you crew for your kind thoughts.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:37:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I think my kidneys have razor blades ripping their way through me. The one stone obviously wasn't an isolated incident. In happier news, holy cow is the weather in Phx NICE!!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:48:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By dbrad197:
I think my kidneys have razor blades ripping their way through me. The one stone obviously wasn't an isolated incident. In happier news, holy cow is the weather in Phx NICE!!!!
View Quote

Got nice in a hurry this year.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:05:22 AM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

Ohio has been pretty nice for the last week. Upper 70s, partly cloudy; no precip.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:15:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Went for a walk in the valley (where keep our cows and stuff) with my oldest (21) and middle (13) daughter.
Sarah Ann, the 13 yo, was afraid to shoot the AR. I put the butt to my mouth and shot a couple rounds; she was unconvinced. She begged not to have to shoot it. Now, she knows I have a penchant for heavy recoiling large bores.  I told her she had to shoot at least one round.

She is a tiny thing, so I shortened the stock for her.  She begged to not have to do it.  I, patriarch that I am, told her to try it one time.
She shot it once.

Giggled.

She would have emptied the mag if I hadn't stopped her after 12 or so shots.  Now, I have been informed; I have to build one for her, and Anna, the 21 year old (she shot it too.).

Then I asked Sarah if she wanted to shoot the High Power.  She was wanting to before, but was hesitant for fear of the recoil.  I showed he I could shoot it with just the thumb and forefinger.  She hesitantly tried it, than ran 8 rounds of expensive hollow-points out on me. Now she wants an auto pistol.  I am afraid to let her try the Beretta.

So we get home, and I ask her if she wants to shoot the Makarov.  Now, anyone who owns a Mak knows where this is going.  She rips off a magazine, now I am supposed to find her one of these.

Kids are expensive as hell.

And I still have an eight year old daughter.  Anna wants to keep my AK, and Sam, (18 yo boy) thinks he should have my Turk Beretta 92.

I dread thinking about grandkids.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:57:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Eagle34] [#17]
Went for a walk in the valley (where keep our cows and stuff) with my oldest (21) and middle (13) daughter.
Sarah Ann, the 13 yo, was afraid to shoot the AR. I put the butt to my mouth and shot a couple rounds; she was unconvinced. She begged not to have to shoot it. Now, she knows I have a penchant for heavy recoiling large bores.  I told her she had to shoot at least one round.

She is a tiny thing, so I shortened the stock for her.  She begged to not have to do it.  I, patriarch that I am, told her to try it one time.
She shot it once.

Giggled.

She would have emptied the mag if I hadn't stopped her after 12 or so shots.  Now, I have been informed; I have to build one for her, and Anna, the 21 year old (she shot it too.).

Then I asked Sarah if she wanted to shoot the High Power.  She was wanting to before, but was hesitant for fear of the recoil.  I showed he I could shoot it with just the thumb and forefinger.  She hesitantly tried it, than ran 8 rounds of expensive hollow-points out on me. Now she wants an auto pistol.  I am afraid to let her try the Beretta.

So we get home, and I ask her if she wants to shoot the Makarov.  Now, anyone who owns a Mak knows where this is going.  She rips off a magazine, now I am supposed to find her one of these.

And I still have an eight year old daughter.  Anna wants to keep my AK, and Sam, (18 yo boy) thinks he should have my Turk Beretta 92.

View Quote

Congrats, luckily I only have one and she is 5.    She already has a Mossy .22 AR and her grandmothers old Winchester 67A, but has yet to shoot either.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:29:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MissBheaven] [#18]
Good morning Sa/oU, hope you all have a NICE day in the grind!

Brad, take care of yourself; crossing my fingers you piss out that stone soon before it rips you in half.

Cloudy, damp & chilly day but was given a couple pretty plants for my office, reminds me of sunshine.

Almost @ peak with the leaves changing, parking lot @ work.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:48:38 AM EDT
[#19]

She shot it once.

Giggled.

View Quote

Sounds like an awesome range trip!

I can't wait until my little turd is old enough to go with me to the range.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:15:58 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

That's one way to say it.  Another way: Regardless of the income level or number of children in the household, children cost us all the same.... Everything we have.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:52:39 AM EDT
[#21]

She shot it once.

Giggled.

View Quote

Yes they are but I can't think of a better way to spend money.  Watching my kids experience new things makes me happier than anything I could ever buy myself.  They can be a pain in the ass at times but overall I can't think of anything more rewarding.  Keep making those memories.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:55:24 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Man I feel bad for you.  When it hurts it's moving.  I walked a lot and it seemed to help keep it moving and pass faster.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#23]
About a year and a half ago I was going to the local gun show.  Chef made me take the little girl with me.  She did great as we walked around.  This is when I picked up the Mossy .22 AR.  When we got home she was mad at me and crying.  Chef asked her what's the matter, she said "Daddy wouldn't buy me a gun."    Little did she know.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:58:24 PM EDT
[#24]
About a year and a half ago I was going to the local gun show.  Chef made me take the little girl with me.  She did great as we walked around.  This is when I picked up the Mossy .22 AR.  When we got home she was mad at me and crying.  Chef asked her what's the matter, she said "Daddy wouldn't buy me a gun."    Little did she know.  
View Quote

With the way .22lr prices are I'm buying mine a single shot bolt action.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:52:10 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Yep got that covered too.  My Mothers first gun, Winchester Model 67A, Mom got it in '55 or so.  I was just shooting it the other day checking out some CCI quite's, they really are, didn't even need Ear Pro.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:13:15 PM EDT
[#26]

That's one way to say it.  Another way: Regardless of the income level or number of children in the household, children cost us all the same.... Everything we have.
View All Quotes

There you go.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:14:23 PM EDT
[#27]

Yep got that covered too.  My Mothers first gun, Winchester Model 67A, Mom got it in '55 or so.  I was just shooting it the other day checking out some CCI quite's, they really are, didn't even need Ear Pro.  
View All Quotes

I still have a couple of thousand Super Colibris put back. The kids love them.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:06:16 PM EDT
[#28]

There you go.
View All Quotes

There you go.

No kidding. I can't wait to get out and do some stuff this winter. I'm just gad all the kids in this thread.
Seem to have fathers or refined taste. In guns and fishing spots. A toast to the fathers of Sa/oU.

Oh hell, and one for the lady's who had a part in the process.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:44:57 PM EDT
[#29]

No kidding. I can't wait to get out and do some stuff this winter. I'm just gad all the kids in this thread.
Seem to have fathers or refined taste. In guns and fishing spots. A toast to the fathers of Sa/oU.

View All Quotes

There you go.

back at ya.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:53:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Emergency firearms knowledge request. A S&W 681 L frame with a k frame grip. Fixed sites but on the 686 frame.

4" barrel 100 rounds ammo and a holster. Very robust 357 that would kind of fill the packing gun nitch for me.

Heads up trade for this? Sig trailside..... any opinions?

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:36:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Emergency firearms knowledge request. A S&W 681 L frame with a k frame grip. Fixed sites but on the 686 frame.

4" barrel 100 rounds ammo and a holster. Very robust 357 that would kind of fill the packing gun nitch for me.

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/DSC_0520_zps30e1f841.jpg

View Quote

No.  In fact, hell no!  I had the Trailside with the laminate grips and it's on the short list of maybe 4 or 5 handguns I wish I'd never parted with.
Nope, nope, NOPE!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:01:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser1] [#32]

No.  In fact, hell no!  I had the Trailside with the laminate grips and it's on the short list of maybe 4 or 5 handguns I wish I'd never parted with.
Nope, nope, NOPE!
View All Quotes

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/DSC_0520_zps30e1f841.jpg

Nope, nope, NOPE!

I thank you for the opinion. I like it too. Just was sitting on the fence. I am a sucker for a nice Smith though.
Had the trailside for several years. Never had a issue with it.

One of the best 22 trainers I have owned. MissB hit a clay bird at near 100 yards with a rest.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:27:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Happy Tuesday everyone! Hope you all had a good first part of the week!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:01:57 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

I have, are you getting much work in with the "stones" are they rolling or are they gathering moss.
As in playing nice? Hope everything health wise works itself out.

Here I will make you a prairie fire. That will clear you right up.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:13:32 PM EDT
[#35]

I have, are you getting much work in with the "stones" are they rolling or are they gathering moss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XELPv2hzdE
View All Quotes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XELPv2hzdE

Hahaha that looks painful. "Why did I rub my eye? That's the worst part!" I'm still working a ton, got deadlines I'm trying to get ahead of, and like everyone has said, trying to encourage them to move. Yesterday was pretty rough, they were rolling and it was killing me. Today was quite a but better, pain is still there but wasnt making me drop the f bomb every time I twisted or bent. I'll be praying for another day like today!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:40:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: I-M-A-WMD] [#36]

Well I'll be... Our cat we figured was dead just returned home after about a 10 day or 2 week absence.

Maybe it's a zombie!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 7:13:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TerryC] [#37]

Well I'll be... Our cat we figured was dead just returned home after about a 10 day or 2 week absence.

Maybe it's a zombie!
View Quote

Had a cat stay gone for five years once. Was sure he was long since dead.

Just showed up one day like nothing had happened.

Turns out he had "moved in" with an elderly lady that lived nearby. Apparently she took very good care of him.
But then she died unexpectedly, he wound up alone, and Bubba (the cat) had to fall back to plan B.

He never left again. But by this time he was a very old cat, and he passed about a year later.

"I'm Back! What are we having for supper?" . . .

ETA: 13,000!!!

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:00:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Mernin Sa/oU.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#39]

Maybe it's a zombie!
View Quote

Good news, thought for sure the yotes had that kitty cat for a tasty snack!

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:13:55 AM EDT
[#40]

Mernin Sa/oU.

View Quote

Good morning Eagle!

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:05:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Feel better soon Ohio.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 6:06:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Home early today. Did I miss anything. Still wondering about that 681 S&W.
Not going to trade the Sig for it but it's still up for sale. HMmmm
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 6:20:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Feel better soon Ohio.
View Quote

Working on it, sweetheart.  It's getting somewhat better.

One advantage to my work week; I have only lost two days PTO rather than 3.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:43:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Off 2 bed, sweet dreams Sa/oU!
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Off 2 bed, sweet dreams Sa/oU!
View Quote

Sleep well, and get that laptop fixed.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:17:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Had an impromptu funeral for my friend's dad today.  (My friend is a mutual buddy to Nick whose funeral is Friday)

Friend's dad was a Pacific theater vet. (Purple heart) Aged 90 years.  His son, one of my best friends, is an incredible American.  Truly humbled to have shared the day with the family.

So I'm drinking Tennessee whiskey. What'll you have?

Godspeed Walter.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:26:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Well being the last man standing. Plus closing the bar. I have the TV remote.
Please secure all items in a overhead compartment.

I love cats but they will kill you if given a chance.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:43:03 PM EDT
[#48]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN77b9DqEbc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDCXma0v-fY

View Quote

First, those guys in the plane look like they knew what they wanted to do, but probably don't understand what they're doing.

Second and lastly, there's a reason cats are referred to as "pussys".  That cat was a pussy IMO.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:01:25 AM EDT
[#49]

First, those guys in the plane look like they knew what they wanted to do, but probably don't understand what they're doing.

Second and lastly, there's a reason cats are referred to as "pussys".  That cat was a pussy IMO.
View All Quotes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN77b9DqEbc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDCXma0v-fY

If he weighed 200+ pounds I would dare you to call him that. The intent was there.
Your going to have to sign for the baby Cougar I just sent you off Ebay.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:48:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Had an impromptu funeral for my friend's dad today.  (My friend is a mutual buddy to Nick whose funeral is Friday)

Friend's dad was a Pacific theater vet. (Purple heart) Aged 90 years.  His son, one of my best friends, is an incredible American.  Truly humbled to have shared the day with the family.

So I'm drinking Tennessee whiskey. What'll you have?

Godspeed Walter.

View Quote

Condolences WMD.

Page / 1007
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top