BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1008
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:46:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hooligan223] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

I like it.  I have a thing for 10/22's myself.  I want to build one for an Appleseed shoot but I just haven't had the time to devote to it lately.

ETA:  Here's a crappy potato pic of my favorite.

ETA:  Since I have a minute, I thought I add the particulars.

Green Mountain barrel
Fajen stock
Kidd charging handle (Butter! )
Volquartsen drop in hammer
Tasco World Class 4-16x40 w/ AO  (I was really surprised by this scope, I like it better than the Nikon I have on another .22 rifle)
Burris Signature rings (I think)
Trigger group has been polished, bolt radiused, bolt buffer (don't remember which one), and auto bolt release mod
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:53:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hooligan223] [#2]
While I'm at it, here's my CZ 452.

And the little girl that will inherit it:

She's older now but I miss her at that age.  She was so much fun then.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:55:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hooligan223] [#3]
Originally Posted By MissBheaven:
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp184/stacy2823/Dog%20pics/ARFcom/securedownload-2_zps0365adad.jpeg

Added this S&W to the family last year & she is so much fun to shoot!!!  
View Quote

How does it function?  I've considered picking up one of those.  ETA:  But black, not pink.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:20:32 AM EDT
[#4]

So glad you rec'd it OK, enjoy girl!!!

Oh & big ty to Mouse for his assistance regarding this matter!

Hugs from here to both!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Berettastarlight:
I had a very nice surprise waiting for me when I got home tonight

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q597/Berettastarlight/20140820_200522_zpslh8jcf7e.jpg

Thank you so much MissB!!!!

So glad you rec'd it OK, enjoy girl!!!

Oh & big ty to Mouse for his assistance regarding this matter!

Hugs from here to both!

Very cool of you Miss B.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:22:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By hooligan223:

I like it.  I have a thing for 10/22's myself.  I want to build one for an Appleseed shoot but I just haven't had the time to devote to it lately.

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww214/hooligan919/DSCN1497.jpg
View All Quotes

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww214/hooligan919/DSCN1497.jpg

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:29:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I guess i'll play along with the 10/22 pics.

I've had this one for 26 years..

And my prized build. (Only 1 part is Ruger.. the Magazine. )

This reminds me.. I need a set of low rings for that build. *Runs off to spend money*
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:31:25 AM EDT
[#7]
http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp184/stacy2823/Dog%20pics/ARFcom/securedownload-2_zps0365adad.jpeg

View Quote

I almost bought one of those last year. They look like fun!

Bought a Sig 522 and a MP5-22 instead.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 12:16:42 PM EDT
[#8]

How does it function?  I've considered picking up one of those.  ETA:  But black, not pink.
View All Quotes

NO issues. Why not pink?  Your daughter would love it & as always daddy is her hero! (something to consider anyway)

On second thought your little girl is plumb full of piss n vinegar, black might be the best choice as your adorable little man will not be far behind.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 12:23:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By lcoates33:

I guess i'll play along with the 10/22 pics.

I've had this one for 26 years..

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q154/lcoates33/Snapbucket/A0DC2196-orig.jpg

And my prized build. (Only 1 part is Ruger.. the Magazine. )

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q154/lcoates33/Snapbucket/6A99BF68-orig.jpg

This reminds me.. I need a set of low rings for that build. *Runs off to spend money*
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 12:39:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By rwellbaum:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 12:39:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Club soda on ice, please . . .

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 12:59:50 PM EDT
[#13]

NO issues. Why not pink?  Your daughter would love it & as always daddy is her hero! (something to consider anyway)

On second thought your little girl is plumb full of piss n vinegar, black might be the best choice as your adorable little man will not be far behind.

View Quote

Damn, hadn't thought of that.  I guess I'll just have to save up and buy two.  And yes, she most certainly is full of piss and vinegar.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:16:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Hope your all having a nice afternoon Sa/oU crew!!!

Was awake & on the road @ the crack of ass.  Posted stack of sheriff bills, pulled files & had them all piled up on my attys desk when he arrived.  Otherwise, been an uneventful & pretty quiet day.

Clicked on MickeyD's & CFS lunch threads and now my stomach is growling.

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:58:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Anyone in tonight? Nice rifles folks. I have two kids guns. But I like shooting them almost more than she does.
CZ 452 ZKM scout. Have the single shot mag and three 5 rounders. Very accurate but needs better sights.

The other A Remington 541 I think barrel shortened but stock is standard length. Great for a fast growing teen.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:39:10 AM EDT
[#16]
TGIF!

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:58:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:05:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By dpmmn:
Good Morning!
View Quote

And a good morning to you!

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:50:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Mauser1:
Anyone in tonight? Nice rifles folks. I have two kids guns. But I like shooting them almost more than she does.
CZ 452 ZKM scout. Have the single shot mag and three 5 rounders. Very accurate but needs better sights.

The other A Remington 541 I think barrel shortened but stock is standard length. Great for a fast growing teen.
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j480/Mauserone/P1010098_zpsa81f88a2.jpg
View Quote

I've thought about getting a scout for my boy but I want a 452 FS for myself. So many guns, so little money.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:43:59 AM EDT
[#20]
TGIF Sa/oU!!!!

Tranquil drive to work, not much traffic on the highway or state pd presence which is very unusual; a lot of people must have the day off.

What y'all got for exciting weekend plans?  

Nothing here.  Gun show this weekend, it's about 1 hour from my residence.  Went last year, can't think of anything really want or need.  Asked a couple friends if they would like to take a ride & maybe lunch but no interest, oh-well.  Told the x would pup-sit his 2 dogs, so house full of paws is all that is on the agenda. Going to dust, clean & scrub the abode, watch night NASCAR races & sleep till I'm not tired.

In any of you are so inclined please say a prayer for homeboy of mine M4-CQBR.  He could really use some positive energy, divine intervention, been pretty sick & in constant pain.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:43:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:48:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:23:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Friday and got off early. ..Daughter is sick and will not be coming over this weekend.  

Looking on the bright side though. I get to pick the pizza. Hand tossed thin crust with extra sauce meaty.

I think that's pepperoni. sausage, ground beef,  ham and bacon.  But then again it's been a while since I've had their sausage meatball mushroom one though.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:33:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:42:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Damn that would be a tasty pizza right there.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:47:41 PM EDT
[#26]
http://youtu.be/BbLJn941dBY
View Quote

Chin up MissB. Things will come around. Lord knows you propped up quite a few around here.
Many would be more than willing to lend a hand or give moral support.  Big hug for you.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:23:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Sausage & shrooms sounds awesome, enjoy M1!

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:14:54 PM EDT
[#28]
The work week is done. It was hot today.  Summer should be winding down but we had one of our hottest days yet.  After I have a couple glasses of water I'm starting on Margarita's if I have the stuff.  If not, Maker's Mark it is.

Sausage & shrooms sounds awesome, enjoy M1! <a href="http://www.sherv.net/" target="_blank">http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/eating/pizza-box-smiley-emoticon.gif</a>  
View Quote

This is my standard go to.  Every now and then I get spinach, artichoke and chicken with white sauce.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:26:45 PM EDT
[#29]
I had pizza tonight.

Dominos Spinach & Feta Artisan pizza . . .

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:05:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:35:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Thin crust extra sausage and cheese. Just showed up. How can all three be wrong. Doing it DP spell check says he is Dopamine style.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:47:21 PM EDT
[#32]
All those pink rifles and cases. Missing my daughter a bit.

The ex  this ones for you.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:25:36 AM EDT
[#33]

I'm back. Is this still the safe haven I thought it was before? Or is it just a secret arfcom cool guy hideout? Anyways I'm pretty certain I'm on everyone's ignore list so I'm back with my tail between my legs.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:39:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By milkman110:

I'm back. Is this still the safe haven I thought it was before? Or is it just a secret arfcom cool guy hideout? Anyways I'm pretty certain I'm on everyone's ignore list so I'm back with my tail between my legs.
View Quote

It is what you make of it.  

The welcoming committee must be sleeping off a post pizza coma.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 11:15:19 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

I've never had a problem with any of your posts. Seem fine to me. If you pissed a bunch off I missed it. You can lay low here till it blows over.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 11:19:04 AM EDT
[#36]

I've never had a problem with any of your posts. Seem fine to me. If you pissed a bunch off I missed it. You can lay low here till it blows over.
View All Quotes

I'm kind of a dick/freak I guess
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 11:27:07 AM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

That could be taken a couple of ways. I will skip the obvious one. I'll just assume you tend to piss people off with unpopular view points.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 11:35:48 AM EDT
[#38]

That could be taken a couple of ways. I will skip the obvious one. I'll just assume you tend to piss people off with unpopular view points.

View All Quotes

IDK I think it's mainly cuz I like women's beautiful sexy feet. Fuck em

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By I-M-A-WMD:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By I-M-A-WMD:

It wasn't the pizza . . .

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 1:31:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Love the 10/22s! And almost got into a CZ a while back. I may look into a Manlicher stocked one after the toy fund rebuilds.

MissB, what do you think of that Allen Tactical bag? I've been looking for something to carry my pistol in (other than the cardboard PSA box) and don't want to make a major investment in one. I don't want a gun case that looks like a gun case. Thinking about going to the local music store and see what they have on the junk pile. 28-32 inches would be right.

M1, I would have liked to have gotten my daughter shooting earlier but puberty might have gotten much worse than it was. Ah well, they are all different.

Gonna be quieter around here. We delivered our daughter to college for the fall semester. Actually managed to fit most of her stuff into the car. Not a lot of room in an xD but at least we didn't need the trailer. We'll just take the rest down next month on parents day. Summer break may take a little planning though.

Made it to the Berea show last weekend and picked up a few things. Was looking for a PPK to carry but found an early Beretta 84 in nice condition at a decent price. Had one in the 80's and it was one of the guns I regretted selling. (The other is a Browning BL92)
Everything looked ok with it at the time but like a dumb ass didn't field strip it (or try to) until I got home. Seems the 84 has an issue where the slide wont come off after it's been used a while or run heavy loads. Bla bla, google, bla bla Beretta forums bla bla, got it loose, bla bla, little filing and good as used.
It's a bit bigger and fatter than the PPK but it's a joy to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:39:04 PM EDT
[#41]
We traded out our 10-22s and sold a CZ Scout to changeover wholesale to the M&P15-22... (Though my old 10-22 w/a holographic tiger striped stock managed to avoid the purge)
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:23:50 PM EDT
[#42]

IDK I think it's mainly cuz I like women's beautiful sexy feet. Fuck em

View Quote

I'll admit I don't quite understand the foot fetish but whatever floats your boat.  It makes way more sense to me than grown men liking My Little Pony.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:43:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Women are like tall buildings. The higher you go, the better the view gets.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 8:13:14 PM EDT
[#44]
The only .22LR long guns I have right now are the Henry levergun and the .22LR/20ga Rossi Youth Combo (which technically is still 'mine', at least for now).

I need to add another, but I really haven't been in any rush since I've barely been shooting the .22s I have . . .

I'm a big fan of 10/22s but it's been a few years since I've owned one.

Oh, and that purple 10/22 of Starlight's is a real beauty!

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 9:48:25 PM EDT
[#45]
I agree! So who will be up tonight. I need to know how many bowls of pretzels and peanuts to set out on the bar.

We'll have no gayness going on so its Grapefruit Margaritas on special tonight. That'll put some pucker in your bum.

As always, For the lady's its a just call it kind of night. What'll you all have. Don't try to steal a bud light.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:05:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Not up much longer.

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 11:48:02 PM EDT
[#47]
And I'm out too

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 11:54:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Hellbent_4:
And I'm out too

View Quote

Wakey wakey!
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 12:02:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By 4v50:

Wakey wakey!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 4v50:
Originally Posted By Hellbent_4:
And I'm out too

Wakey wakey!

You would think with a Saturday to sleep in they might stay up longer.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 1:00:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 1008
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top