Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/26/2013 10:34:19 AM EDT
What an absolutely outstanding film about the warrior mindset. All that they did to make things right and save the helpless, while endangering themselves - it was motivating.

The movie reminded me of all the horrible things I have seen in life... Mistreatment of children, murder of good people..

The ending messed with me a bit..
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 10:36:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah probably my favorite movie I watched this year.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 10:40:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree.  It is an excellent movie.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 10:41:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Great movie with a tough ending.

One of the few that I've deemed worthy of being bought.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I just watched this last night, and I don't understand why they added the extra scene at the end. It kind of ruined the impact of the ending for me.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 10:41:58 AM EDT
[#5]
In before the haters and yeah I agree it was a good movie. I think of it as a modern version of Adam-12.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 10:45:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just watched this last night, and I don't understand why they added the extra scene at the end. It kind of ruined the impact of the ending for me.

It was a way of lightening the load a bit.. I appreciated it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 10:50:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Very good movie, but one line pissed me off in the beginning, something to the effect of "even if I disagree with any of the laws, I was still arrest your ass". Fucking FAIL.

Link Posted: 5/26/2013 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Very good movie, but one line pissed me off in the beginning, something to the effect of "even if I disagree with any of the laws, I was still arrest your ass". Fucking FAIL.

Well, it didn't take long for this stupidity to start.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 10:52:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

More than 7 rounds in your mag?! Bummer, hands behind your back.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lighten up, Lucy. It's a film.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 10:55:23 AM EDT
[#11]
The dialogue between Peña and Gyllenhaal was hilarious ad the best part.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 10:56:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Childish.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 10:59:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I can watch just about anything, but seeing those kids taped up in the closet fucked with me. It's the one reason I don't think I could be a local cop. I wouldn't be able to contain my anger after seeing something like that.

Link Posted: 5/26/2013 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Just watched it on a transatlantic flight. I liked it. Ending was unusual for a Hollywood film.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 11:02:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Childish.

The mindset is throughout LE. I've seen guys arrested for shit that isn't even illegal and have had the AO's tell me, "let the courts figure it out".

Meanwhile, in NYS, dude gets pinched for an extra 2 rnds in a magazine.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 11:04:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Good film. The camera views were a bit annoying at times but definitely gave it a home movie feel.

I will leave my political feelings regarding the movie out of it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 11:04:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

How so? A cop has to do his job even if that means he has to enforce laws he may not agree with. I thought it was a good line.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#18]
The "banter" with your zone partner is the best part of the job.

Super troopers was exaggerated....but close to reality
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 11:07:17 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How so? A cop has to do his job even if that means he has to enforce laws he may not agree with. I thought it was a good line.

That's why I could never be a cop.

Link Posted: 5/26/2013 11:07:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Childish.

The mindset is throughout LE. I've seen guys arrested for shit that isn't even illegal and have had the AO's tell me, "let the courts figure it out".

That has nothing to do with this threat. The object of thread is the movie End of Watch.

Oh, and to your gay little anti cop bullshit, as a soldier I saw my team mate get shot in the face and die. As a contractor here I have learned of at least one LE friend dieing.

But I'm sure your oppression is much worst.

Link Posted: 5/26/2013 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Childish.

You do realize this cuts both ways, right?
What would be your perspective if a cop told you to just file your stolen auto report with your insurance company?
Not sure what your contacts with LE have been, but this "throughout LE" is a pretty broad and illegitimate brush with which to paint.

Disclosure: I have been guilty in the past of exactly what this member has posted, though.
I cannot count the times I sent someone on their way when they had a loaded gun without a CCW, in their car or on their person. Rest assured they were not otherwise engaged in criminal enterprise at the time.

Link Posted: 5/26/2013 11:12:39 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope...you got right on it.

Link Posted: 5/26/2013 11:14:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Childish.

That has nothing to do with this threat. The object of thread is the movie End of Watch.

Oh, and to your gay little anti cop bullshit, as a soldier I saw my team mate get shot in the face and die. As a contractor here I have learned of at least one LE friend dieing.

Where did I post anything that's anti-cop?! I'd have a hard time day to day in my job if I was anti-cop. I'm anti pinch dudes on bullshit. NYS SAFE Act is an example. And dude, this is GD, you've been here long enough to know how shit can go off topic.

Link Posted: 5/26/2013 11:17:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Childish.

You do realize this cuts both ways, right?
What would be your perspective if a cop told you to just file your stolen auto report with your insurance company?
Not sure what your contacts with LE have been, but this "throughout LE" is a pretty broad and illegitimate brush with which to paint.

Disclosure: I have been guilty in the past of exactly what this member has posted, though.
I cannot count the times I sent someone on their way when they had a loaded gun without a CCW, in their car or on their person. Rest assured they were not otherwise engaged in criminal enterprise at the time.

If you are LE then you should know exactly what I'm talking about. Not sure how things are out west, work with guys in an anti-gun state and see how things are a little different.

Last part of your post, good to hear. I know a lot of guys that would have picked them up, far more than less.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 11:17:40 AM EDT
[#25]
It's okay. A thread about this movie is due to start again in a day or so. They'll just do it all over again. Figures the fucking retards in G.D. would start fighting with each other over a god damned movie. But it has police in it, albeit pretend ones, so THAT'S worth slap fightin' over, right guys?!

Fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#26]
"The mindset is throughout LE. I've seen guys arrested for shit that isn't even illegal and have had the AO's tell me, "let the courts figure it out"."

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Childish.

Where did I post anything that's anti-cop?! I'd have a hard time day to day in my job if I was anti-cop. I'm anti pinch dudes on bullshit. NYS SAFE Act is an example. And dude, this is GD, you've been here long enough to know how shit can go off topic.

Link Posted: 5/26/2013 11:18:10 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I can watch just about anything, but seeing those kids taped up in the closet fucked with me. It's the one reason I don't think I could be a local cop. I wouldn't be able to contain my anger after seeing something like that.

Same here. I have a lot of respect for the police I have no idea how they contain things like that. Not even going to lie, those crackheads would have been done.

Link Posted: 5/26/2013 11:21:53 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not all laws that cops may not agree with rise to the level of being unconstitutional, however, some do.

That 'just doing my job/just following orders' shit didn't work at Nuremburg...and it ain't gonna work today.

Unconstitutional laws are just that, and anyone who enforces them hiding behind 'just doing my job/just following orders' should get the same treatment.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 11:23:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

That 'just doing my job/just following orders' shit didn't work at Nuremburg...and it ain't gonna work today.

Unconstitutional laws are just that, and anyone who enforces them hiding behind 'just doing my job/just following orders' should get the same treatment.

Aaaaand Full Retard has been achieved.

Godwin's Law. Like I said. Fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 11:24:40 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I got your full retard swingin'.

Link Posted: 5/26/2013 11:25:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

If you can't watch a film without dwelling on stuff like this, then there's a fair chance that you're miserable.

It's a great film. Deal with it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 11:29:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I got your full retard swingin'.

Good one. Very intelligent. Sure there isn't a Nazi comment that can be thrown out here again?
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 11:29:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

If you can't watch a film without dwelling on stuff like this, then there's a fair chance that you're miserable.

No doubt it was a great film, the dialogue was awesome, very realistic. I can't complain about something that irritates me outside of the film as well?! Is this not GD?!
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Department issued glock 19 *shows glock 22*

Fail.

Otherwise a good movie
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 11:32:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Not all laws that cops may not agree with rise to the level of being unconstitutional, however, some do.

Agreed, these guys won't get it until they have SAFE Act passed in their state and they get pinched for an extra 2 rnds in their mag.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 11:33:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

For me it made the ending have more of an impact as it shows how things can turn to shit so quickly. One minute your smoking and joking with your buddy and the next your watching him die.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 11:48:53 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree that it's a great movie.

I don't agree with your calling the guy's post 'stupid'. He has a point. He identified a mindset that has questionable cognitive veracity, and without substantiating your opinion...you just dismissed it as 'stupid'. Seems that may be a crux problem with the aforementioned mindset.

In my subsequent post, I was merely commenting on the real life examples of cops being willing to enforce laws that are unconstitutional under the guise of "I'm just doing my job".

The tyrants who arrested the guy in NY for having too many rounds in his magazine come to mind. 'Just following orders'. People being beaten to death with nightsticks while in custody...'just doing my job'. "If you film me, I'll arrest you"...

Yeah...it was just a movie...and I took the line in the movie as merely movie dialog. I took it as the character just being a badass. It didn't warrant me worrying about it.

What gets me worried is people who think someone questioning that dubious mindset being denigrated by those who just can't grasp the tyranny of "I was just following orders" when the law being enforced doesn't pass constitutional muster. Seems to happen a lot these days.

Link Posted: 5/26/2013 11:52:03 AM EDT
[#38]
We must have watched two different movies because that movie was pure horseshit.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 11:57:41 AM EDT
[#39]
cop circlejerk
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
We must have watched two different movies because that movie was pure horseshit.

I thought it was a "meh" movie with a depressing ending.

Seeing it once was enough for me.
Link Posted: 5/26/2013 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It helped paint the picture of going about your life every day and things just get turned upside down at the flip of a switch.
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 9:01:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What an absolutely outstanding film about the warrior mindset. All that they did to make things right and save the helpless, while endangering themselves - it was motivating.

The movie reminded me of all the horrible things I have seen in life... Mistreatment of children, murder of good people..

The ending messed with me a bit..

This!

Link Posted: 5/28/2013 9:10:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

So if your mother gets raped, the police should let that one slide?

Good to know...
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 9:13:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Good movie.  Good character acting between partners.
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was a way of lightening the load a bit.. I appreciated it.

Same here, I appreciated it. It adds a heavy contrast- noon, you could be bullshitting with your BFF. Evening, he's gone.

Link Posted: 5/28/2013 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

It shows the bond that partners have when you work closely with one another. Even after I left LE, I still have a bond with my last partner. We worked together for 5+ years. Even today, if she asked me for help, I'd drop everything to be there. You may not like your partner, but you'll be there for them and protect them with your life if need be. They really are like your brother or sister.

Those guys experienced a lot of action. That much action is rare in a career, let alone a week. Maybe it's different in South Central LA.

Good movie and one of my favorites.
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 9:19:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Outstanding movie!!! Watched it the other night.

Link Posted: 5/28/2013 9:19:33 PM EDT
[#48]
I have forgotten about this movie, gonna get it at red box tomorrow if its out there

Thanks for the reminder knuckleheads!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 9:21:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I have forgotten about this movie, gonna get it at red box tkmorrownifnits out there

Thanks for the reminder knuckleheads!!!!!

I watched it on Netflix.
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 9:24:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

For one it lightened the mood after the pretty sad ending. Two is showed a bit more of the banter that can go one between two people that work with each other day in and day out -- it highlighted the friendship.

Quoted:
It's okay. A thread about this movie is due to start again in a day or so. They'll just do it all over again. Figures the fucking retards in G.D. would start fighting with each other over a god damned movie. But it has police in it, albeit pretend ones, so THAT'S worth slap fightin' over, right guys?!

Fucking stupid.

I always wonder how miserable some people can be to nitpick every little thing, even a movie. It's a line, from a script, in  movie, that's not real. But you're right, GD will find a reason to argue over anything and everything.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top