BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 156
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 3:51:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sketched out plans for Super Swampers on the WSUB Miata.

Nice, u might make it most of the way down the driveway.  I doubt it though.

Does it help if I have a limited slip diff?

Link Posted: 5/16/2013 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to CW3.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 3:54:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Does that magically expel all swampmud from your presence? That's about the only way.

You should have seen how much mud I got out from under my car. There's STILL mud up in there, I washed as good as I can but I need a fucking car lift to get up under it. I'll always have a piece of RustedAce with me now.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 3:55:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I built a new Ar using my new trigger . It is an Aero precision lower. ,mission first stock, magpul grip and an I kick hippies slap plate. The upper is a Daniel defense with a white oak armament barrel and a Young machine bcg and free float tube . Ate an ice cream sandwich .more exorcise for my arms is planned.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I am planning on building a precision rifle, I need all the help I can get.

C'mon by, shop's always open.

Link Posted: 5/16/2013 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, pistol made it in his integra, that took some Andretti driving skills, though.  

He did get stuck by the FEMA camp.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I built a new Ar using my new trigger . It is an Aero precision lower. ,mission first stock, magpul grip and an I kick hippies slap plate. The upper is a Daniel defense with a white oak armament barrel and a Young machine bcg and free float tube . Ate an ice cream sandwich .more exorcise for my arms is planned.

I am planning on building a precision rifle, I need all the help I can get.

C'mon by, shop's always open.

Funny, that's exactly the type I want.  I just haven't decided on the glass yet.  I have a super nice Swarovski, but the parallax is a pain in the butt for fast shooting.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 4:01:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 4:07:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What have you done today to prepare for Cola Warrior 4?

To continue to be a sponsor and not a contender.

Done and done.

Link Posted: 5/16/2013 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Done and done.

Thanks.
I just tore the FAiL down. The ring that holds pressure on the pressure reg was in a bind. I got it loosened up and now it goes all the way to 11. It was stopping at 4.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 4:13:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/16/2013 4:15:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Cola Warrior is definitely on my list of things to do.  I really wish I would've sacked up and went to the first one.  

At one point in my life I was in decent shape (but still overweight by at least 25 lbs), and then I graduated college and got a desk job for three years.  Before I knew it I was up 85 pounds.  I got married last May and since August of 2013 I've dropped 45 lbs in a very healthy manner (my wife is awesome and I don't know what I'd do without her, btw).  

I'm 265 @ 6' right now, and my current goal is 250 by June 18th (my 31st birthday).  My long term goal is to approve of what I see in the mirror (whatever weight that might be) and to be able to physically do whatever I want to do.

My diet is very clean (paleo/primal based) and I drink nothing but water.  For exercise I've been doing Kettlebell workouts and hiking/biking/swimming.  When I reach 245 lbs I'm going to start P90x.

I have purposefully been trying to lose weight slowly, because I hope it will help prevent any sagging/loose skin issue.  So far it seems to be working even though I have no clue if my assumptions are correct or not.

As far as Cola Warrior goes, I need to focus on both aspects of the Conex box and the chugging.

Stay safe gents and train hard!

Do insanity to lose weight  and get your cardo conditoning. I was mixing p90x with insanity for the last month of cola warrior  training.  After awhile p90x becomes boring it is too damn slow.  I am going to do the starting strength as soon as I can buy some weights cheap.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I just mowed the lawn
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 4:17:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i39.tinypic.com/21jc2ux.jpg

I was seriously going to argue, but this pic is EXTREMELY convincing. Come to think of it, this pic may very well be capable of shutting me down in future threads. I'm kind of shell shocked, by it. Resistance is futile.

Link Posted: 5/16/2013 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Those white oak barrels are the tits.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think I'm going to start running as soon as my gf's foot gets better.

What the hell does your girlfriend's foot have to do with you running?  

You fuckin' scrip.  

Cause she runs and I don't.  She will push me to be the winner of all halal soda mujahijid.

I ain't no scrip. Shrimp... maybe. But I ain't no fuckin scrip.

Trojan is a shrimp, too

I make up for it by having a very large mouth.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 4:23:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I can't believe this thread is in GD. Anyway, I walked/ran 4 miles with a 42 lb pack. Did 100 pushups, 30  pull ups, and did the conex simulator under my house.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 4:23:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Done and done.

Link Posted: 5/16/2013 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I can't believe this thread is in GD. Anyway, I walked/ran 4 miles with a 42 lb pack. Did 100 pushups, 30  pull ups, and did the conex simulator under my house.

I lifted for an hour after running/waddling a mile.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 4:28:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those white oak barrels are the tits.

Yes I have had all these parts sitting around so here it is . With a Grsc scope and a larue mount. Now to shoot and exorcise more.

Link Posted: 5/16/2013 4:34:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm going to work on being less of an asshole so I can socialize with more of you.

Oh, and trying to run.  Fuck running
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 4:36:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I lifted for an hour after running/waddling a mile.

Just start doing small sprints as you walk. Work your way up.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 4:44:41 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm still in healing mode from CW3. Left foot and left hand are both slightly jacked up. That's what happens when you're an old guy.

DK Prof and I talked after his run and our experiences were remarkably similar. Conex box and pistol targets threw me a beat down.

I'm going to try and get the foot looked at tomorrow. Feels like a big ass stone bruise and the ball right behind the toes is swollen.

I think the fingers are just banged up and will get better with time and Advil. I can't guess how many times I've tried to record the Ballad of the Cola Warrior, but my middle and third finger just won't act right.

I did look up some kettlebell cross training videos from an old friend of mine.

Video for some motivation. I worked out with Jeff when he was at DARC and he is one of the strongest guys I've ever met. You can bet I won't be inviting him to CW4. I'm not going to Kaik myself.

Link Posted: 5/16/2013 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#23]
I've not yet begun training, as I'm waiting for an all clear...but in the meantime, I've been watching Miami Vice on Netflix non-stop every day after work until I go to bed for three days. Best training videos out there. Magpul? Pshhhh.

I might have to wear white linen pants and a jacket over my FEMA shirt next year.

(I'm actually considering that.)
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 4:57:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm still in healing mode from CW3. Left foot and left hand are both slightly jacked up. That's what happens when you're an old guy.

DK Prof and I talked after his run and our experiences were remarkably similar. Conex box and pistol targets threw me a beat down.

I'm going to try and get the foot looked at tomorrow. Feels like a big ass stone bruise and the ball right behind the toes is swollen.

I think the fingers are just banged up and will get better with time and Advil. I can't guess how many times I've tried to record the Ballad of the Cola Warrior, but my middle and third finger just won't act right.

I did look up some kettlebell cross training videos from an old friend of mine.

Video for some motivation. I worked out with Jeff when he was at DARC and he is one of the strongest guys I've ever met. You can bet I won't be inviting him to CW4. I'm not going to Kaik myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj8i2pug3Ko

Link Posted: 5/16/2013 5:09:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm working with xxprince to make a HUGE batch of shine to get everyone drunk so I can be the only one that runs it sober. I guess just do the opposite of this year. I figure it's either get RustedAce drunk or work on breakin his leg beforehand. Though I suspect RA can run on stubs and still beat us all by 4 minutes.

Bitch. RustedAce got blown up and still ran a sub 9.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 5:18:26 PM EDT
[#26]
I've also decided to run my rifle first...and I've decided to build my AR from my Geissele trigger up. MaxTheRabbit, Blitz, and a few other recommended an Aero lower, and since I have like 6 22lr's and very limited new money until winter to put into guns, I'm selling a stainless 10/22 with scope to buy it.

In other words, I plan on using a first rate AR with optic next year instead of a WASR with a ladder sight. Maybe I'll actually be able to hit the targets in one mag, and maybe even the 300, and THEN go to my pistol when my heart palpitations have lessoned.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I've also decided to run my rifle first...and I've decided to build my AR from my Geissele trigger up. MaxTheRabbit, Blitz, and a few other recommended an Aero lower, and since I have like 6 22lr's and very limited new money until winter to put into guns, I'm selling a stainless 10/22 with scope to buy it.

In other words, I plan on using a first rate AR with optic next year instead of a WASR with a ladder sight. Maybe I'll actually be able to hit the targets in one mag, and maybe even the 300, and THEN go to my pistol when my heart palpitations have lessoned.

Get a good optic the rest will fall into place.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 5:27:13 PM EDT
[#28]
You guys are fuck'n jerks with all your CW inside stories, jokes and shit.

Link Posted: 5/16/2013 5:27:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The ak was a bad idea.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#30]
today? jack shit

tomorrow, 15mi of hiking
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#31]
I'll remember to set the parallax on my scope before I start shooting next year, and maybe adjust it as needed throughout.  Also, I believe a g20 is in my future
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You guys are fuck'n jerks with all your CW inside stories, jokes and shit.  

You have to come to get the experience.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'll remember to set the parallax on my scope before I start shooting next year, and maybe adjust it as needed throughout.  Also, I believe a g20 is in my future

I didn't adjust mine either.  Of course, I was having a heart attack at the same time.  Good choice on the 20, that's my next handgun purchase.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 6:00:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I can't decide on.  The rest of it is simple, Geissele and White Oak.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 6:03:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ak was a bad idea.

It was a GREAT idea if it was the only excuse I needed.

Seriously though...who else used a POS AK? Nevermind. Don't answer that. "They all belong in a trash can."

One thing no one can take from me...I gave it my all on every single piece of that course with shit equipment. Especially my body.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 6:04:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I can't decide on.  The rest of it is simple, Geissele and White Oak.  

I really did my trijicon 3-9 with the mil dot. You can shoot out to 700 yards using the dots.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm still pissed about hitting that damn rack!!
I need to work the first side of the conex box and chugging
5 min penalty for conex box
5 min penalty for that stupid ass rack
15 min penalty for cokes
I run a 14.03 without penalties

I will work on upper body strength and cardio later, right now I'm drinking
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

WTF is parallax?
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't adjust mine either.  Of course, I was having a heart attack at the same time.  Good choice on the 20, that's my next handgun purchase.

g20 is dildos compared to the smith 10x6 series

my 1076 is easily my favorite full size carry

besides we learned what rocks do to glocks
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 6:15:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

g20 is dildos compared to the smith 10x6 series

my 1076 is easily my favorite full size carry

besides we learned what rocks do to glocks

I only snapped one pic of AK "cleaning" aka "wishing" over his glock. So sad.

<====G17 shooter
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 6:25:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really did my trijicon 3-9 with the mil dot. You can shoot out to 700 yards using the dots.

Never tried one of those, is it illuminated?

Eta, yep, I will check it out.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#42]
And now people are talking shit on facebook. Fuck them. They will never understand the torment that is CW.

More wood on the fire.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 6:28:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a young man's game.

That's quitter talk!  

... also, that's why there's an over 40 category.  The prize is our dignity.

Lets talk about RA having an over 60 category. Is there a portable defibrillator on site?

Link Posted: 5/16/2013 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I can't decide on.  The rest of it is simple, Geissele and White Oak LW50.  

Link Posted: 5/16/2013 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
And now people are talking shit on facebook. Fuck them. They will never understand the torment that is CW.

More wood on the fire.

They may understand a little better when this is done:

CW3 Verse 1

ETA: Audio Repair

Link Posted: 5/16/2013 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

More wood on the fire.

Link? We can get the Troll Society to light em up.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

More wood on the fire.

I found you, request sent, air support enroute
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 6:42:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm still pissed about hitting that damn rack!!
I need to work the first side of the conex box and chugging
5 min penalty for conex box
5 min penalty for that stupid ass rack
15 min penalty for cokes
I run a 14.03 without penalties

I will work on upper body strength and cardio later, right now I'm drinking

You definitely don't need to work on your host skills!
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 6:43:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

More wood on the fire.

Link? We can get the Troll Society to light em up.

. Real life trolling!
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

More wood on the fire.

I found you, request sent, air support enroute

Confirmed.
Page / 156
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top