Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2013 6:27:15 PM EDT
I'm sitting here minding my own business when a friend of mine had posted this:

A progressive (that I have been tying to avoid) had said this:
The true slaves are those who are blindly believing all this paranoia-driven rhetoric. They're just as bad as the ones who blindly follow the government. The only difference between them is who feeds them their opinions.

I had respond with:
your post makes no sense. "The True Slaves" why are they Slaves? What happen to question authority? Also could you explain "The only difference between them is who feeds them their opinions."

God, I hate progressives.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 6:33:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 7:01:09 PM EDT
[#2]
He replied:
They're slaves because their opinions and beliefs are not their own. Both of these factions are spoon fed their opinions from others--be it the government or these paranoid types who believe that DHS is stockpiling ammo to be used on civilians without any evidence to support it.
The "ammo stockpile" was a requisition order for ammunition to be used by DHS agents to be used for practice, qualification, and for carry--like it has been for nearly a decade of making such orders. Ever serve in the military? The government never orders reasonable amounts of anything. Government waste should not be confused with some sick plan for killing citizens.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 7:02:27 PM EDT
[#3]
There's no point in arguing with these morons.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 7:02:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Let us not hijack words:

Progressive is a liberal.

Gay is a homosexual.

Link Posted: 5/11/2013 7:04:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Special Olympics.

Link Posted: 5/11/2013 7:15:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Special Olympics.  

Oh you so totally win the internets tonight!
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 7:18:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Arguing with a commie is like wrestling with a pig. Everybody gets muddy, but the pig loves it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 7:19:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Arguing with a commie is like wrestling with a pig. Everybody gets muddy, but the pig loves it.

Link Posted: 5/11/2013 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#9]
And he said this:

But rhetoric like this uses rational explanations like the one I just gave as "proof" that I'm brainwashed by the government; the conspiracy theorists fall for the logical fallacy that if they can't be proved wrong, they must be right.
Don't just question the government, question all authority. The people responsible for this graphic are posing as authorities on their imagined government plot to exterminate dissent. I challenge you to question them. Be your own authority and accept nothing at face value. However, you should also have the wisdom to know what constitutes reliable and valid information.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 7:33:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/11/2013 7:37:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
And he said this:

But rhetoric like this uses rational explanations like the one I just gave as "proof" that I'm brainwashed by the government; the conspiracy theorists fall for the logical fallacy that if they can't be proved wrong, they must be right.
Don't just question the government, question all authority. The people responsible for this graphic are posing as authorities on their imagined government plot to exterminate dissent. I challenge you to question them. Be your own authority and accept nothing at face value. However, you should also have the wisdom to know what constitutes reliable and valid information.

Take away the context and this is 100% true.  Eta the part about questioning authority and figuring things out for yourself

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 8:05:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Let us not hijack words:

Gay is a homosexual.

Progressives grabbed the term "Liberal" when it became clear that Progressives and Fascists were one in the same and the US found itself at war with Fascists...so the Progressives (in their tradition of taking over terms that mean the opposite of what the progressives intend to do or act) usurped the term liberal.

Calling them progressives now, does two things: 1) calls them what they are and 2) shows they are now unafraid if the public knows about their Fascist and Statist goals.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 8:13:13 PM EDT
[#13]
First, there doesn't need to be a plot in order for infringements to be objectionable, especially if those infringements make a future plot easier to carry out.  The only reason progressives like him are suddenly so trusting of the government is because it's their guy in charge.  We listened for EIGHT YEARS as liberals bitched about every little infringement and hatched crazy-ass theories, and then their guy came in and continued the exact same policies with hardly a question asked by anyone until his second term.  In the event we can get a conservative in the White House, just let him keep doing what Obama's doing and watch what happens.  

Second, ideas about politics don't need to be evaluated for their originality, they should be evaluated for whether they're right.  Go to DU and read all about how liberals think that gun owners are amassing an army to start a race war or overthrow the government so we can set up a white theocracy.  Some of those crackpot theories are quite original.  There are lots of conspiracy theories, possibly more so than usual because  an administration that pledged to be the most transparent in history has produced results that could be described as "mixed" at very best.  That doesn't mean that any suggestion that government should be watched closely should be ridiculed as a conspiracy theory.

Unfortunately he's basically right about the ammo thing, which is why many of us here have been telling people to knock that shit off.  DHS writes contracts for bulk purchases for all of its agencies.  The figure of x billion rounds was an upper limit, not an order.  

Link Posted: 5/11/2013 8:15:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
He replied:
They're slaves because their opinions and beliefs are not their own. Both of these factions are spoon fed their opinions from others--be it the government or these paranoid types who believe that DHS is stockpiling ammo to be used on civilians without any evidence to support it.
The "ammo stockpile" was a requisition order for ammunition to be used by DHS agents to be used for practice, qualification, and for carry--like it has been for nearly a decade of making such orders. Ever serve in the military? The government never orders reasonable amounts of anything. Government waste should not be confused with some sick plan for killing citizens.

Who told him that?
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 8:24:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Smash your head into a wall. More productive.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 8:28:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Smash your head into a wall. More productive.

I'm ready for a drink.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 8:29:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
He replied:

Who told him that?

this is just the shit coming out of his mouth, no idea where he gets his info
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Oh look another copy pasta my Facebook conversation with a liberal thread
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 8:37:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
And he said this:

Take away the context and this is 100% true.  Eta the part about questioning authority and figuring things out for yourself

This is what I had said: "Question Authority", but he's just repeating what I had said ...in a way.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 8:38:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Let us not hijack words:

Gay is a homosexual.

Link Posted: 5/11/2013 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Michael Savage spoke about these types of people yesterday.  Decades ago, leftist worried about fascism.  Now, they are the fascists.  They don't care about any of the Big Brother stuff they used to rail against, and, really, they now support it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And he said this:

This is what I had said: "Question Authority", but he's just repeating what I had said ...in a way.

The people who created that graphic have no authority!  They cannot send you to an internment camp.

What is it with progressives?
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 8:43:06 PM EDT
[#23]

The more of this shit I see, the more concerned I become.  It is bad enough that Zero is playing his games, but the level to which he maintains supports speaks to a very large clash that WILL come. No es bueno.

Link Posted: 5/11/2013 8:59:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 5/11/2013 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Oh look another copy pasta my Facebook conversation with a liberal thread

lol...your welcome.
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 6:31:14 AM EDT
[#26]
This is what he replied:

If you think my posts were somehow related to your thesis on how originality is not the same as credibility (which, for the record, I believe is a true statement but irrelevant to what I was saying), then you should hit me up again in a few years when you're on my level. If you're not even going to try to understand what someone else is saying and instead use the social network commenting format as a forum to showcase your disdain for all things "liberal", then go ahead; I won't, however, be a party in giving you the opportunity to continue with your hypocritical ravings that amount to you emphasizing the importance of questioning the government, while blindly following this (I assume) Tea Party nonsense about the DHS stockpiling ammunition to be used to suppress dissent. It's shit like this that produces people like those kids who are responsible for the Boston Marathon bombings. Sure, not everyone is going to take this that seriously, but people are becoming self-radicalized by reading this garbage that is designed to make them angry. It's irresponsible.

You claim to be all about questioning the government, yet you only seemed concerned when its the liberals who pass legislation that may someday result in infringements on rights. You said it yourself, that for 8 years, liberals bitched at every LITTLE infringement, yet you attack "their guy" for continuing the policies that (I assume) your guy implemented and somehow that makes HIM the asshole... Questioning authority means questioning ALL authority, including the ones who purport to be saving you from the hidden agendas of others.

I've changed my mind and I will read your next post if you choose to respond; try to keep it relevant this time. Explain to me why your conspiracy theory is better than the rest. I'll give you bonus points if you can explain to me in a coherent manner why you think it's okay for the GOP to infringe on our rights for 8 years (al la Patriot Act) while you get your panties all up in a bunch over Obama's continuation of the same policies. Is it because he's black? Or is it because you've been taught to hate all things that liberals do--even when they do conservative things?
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 6:36:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Special Olympics.  

With the short bus to add!
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 6:37:00 AM EDT
[#28]

Right click, save as... going to get some FB time for sure...
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 6:58:55 AM EDT
[#29]
If you continue to argue with a moron, it becomes increasingly difficult to tell who the moron is.
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 7:29:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If you continue to argue with a moron, it becomes increasingly difficult to tell who the moron is.

Yeah, I know....

but here is what I told him:

Your facts are uncoordinated, your making assumptions like: “yet you only seemed concerned when its the liberals” and “ the policies that your guy implemented.” yet you are completely unaware of my political affiliation.
Yes captain, Questioning authority means questioning ALL authority, for example, Republicans and Democrats are two heads of the same snake, its just hypocritical for one to complain about another party when the theirs dose the same thing.
Now in regards to the  “conspiracy theory is better than the rest.” I would direct your attention to the progressive movement.
The Founding Fathers, thinking about government began with the recognition that what man is given by nature -- his capacity for reason and the moral law discovered by reason -- is, in the most important respect, more valuable than anything government can give him.The Founders, then, the individual's existence and freedom in this crucial respect are not a gift of government. They are a gift of God and nature. Government is therefore always and fundamentally in the service of the individual, not the other way around. The purpose of government, then, is to enforce the natural law for the members of the political community by securing the people's natural rights. It does so by preserving their lives and liberties against the violence of others. In the founding, the liberty to be secured by government is not freedom from necessity or poverty. It is freedom from the despotic and predatory domination of some human beings over others.
Government's main duty for the Founders is to secure that freedom -- at home through the making and enforcement of criminal and civil law, abroad through a strong national defense. The protection of life and liberty is achieved through vigorous prosecutions of crime against person and property or through civil suits for recovery of damages, these cases being decided by a jury of one's peers.
The Progressives regarded the Founders' scheme as defective because it took too benign a view of nature. As Dewey remarked, they thought that the individual was ready-made by nature. The Founders' supposed failure to recognize the crucial role of society led the Progressives to disparage the Founders' insistence on limited government. The Progressive goal of politics is freedom, now understood as freedom from the limits imposed by nature and necessity. They rejected the Founders' conception of freedom as useful for self-preservation for the sake of the individual pursuit of happiness. For the Progressives, freedom is redefined as the fulfillment of human capacities, which becomes the primary task of the state.
To this end, Dewey writes, "the state has the responsibility for creating institutions under which individuals can effectively realize the potentialities that are theirs." So although "it is true that social arrangements, laws, institutions are made for man, rather than that man is made for them," these laws and institutions "are not means for obtaining something for individuals, not even happiness. They are means of creating individuals…. Individuality in a social and moral sense is something to be wrought out." "Creating individuals" versus "protecting individuals": this sums up the difference between the Founders' and the Progressives' conception of what government is for.

With the two big political party’s being Republican and Democrats it is now irrelevant, for they have both been infiltrated by members of the progressive movement.
Now, I hope you can digest this with out the need for insults, but  Michael Savage spoke about theses types of people yesterday. Decades ago, leftist worried about fascism,. Now they are the fascists. They don't care about any of the big brother stuff they used to rail against, and really, they now support it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#31]
He replied with this:

“Who said they are flying drones over your house? How did they get this information and what makes them credible? Who gave you the information on what sort of rounds the DHS uses in training? What makes this source so reliable? What makes you the authority on how many rounds they need for training, carrying, and qualifying? Do you know how many DHS agents are there? Who is trying to take guns away from citizens who legally own them? I'm not familiar with ANY legislation that would allow the government to do this, nor am I familiar with ANY politician who would openly support such legislation. The last piece of legislation that I heard on this topic was killed; it was a bill that would have made background checks a requirement for all gun purchases. If you think violent criminals, sex offenders, and wife beaters have an inalienable right to possess firearms, you might just be an NRA puppet. If you're with me and think that they don't have an inalienable right to possess firearms, then you already disagree with the rabble that believes that the 2nd Amendment cannot be infringed. In which case, you should have supported a bill that would have made it more difficult for bad people (or "bad" people who used to be "good" people) to legally purchase weapons”

I told him:

In regards to this, it doesn’t even merit a response...except maybe: "Kalifornia Über Alles!"
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 2:20:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Yes, your absolutely correct, they will just never understand.
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 2:22:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This.
I work with a guy who swears he's conservative, but in reality, is a democrat that won't admit it.
You absolutely waste your time trying to talk reason to them.
The phrase "liberalism is a mental disorder" is true.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top