Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2013 8:12:44 PM EDT
President Obama To Ban Importation of Ammo, Magazines and Gun Accessories Without Congressional Approval

Over the course of the last month, while Americans were distracted with the threat of nuclear war on the Korean peninsula and the devastation wrought by the Boston bombings, President Obama was quietly working behind the scenes to craft laws and regulationsthat will further erode the Second Amendment.

Congress, and thus We the People, may have unequivocally rejected federal legislation in March which aimed to outlaw most semi-automatic rifles, restrict magazine capacity, and force national registration, but that didn’t stop the President from ceding regulatory control over firearms importation to the United Nations just two weeks later. What the UN Arms Trade Treaty, passed without media fanfare by 154 counties, would do is to restrict the global trade of, among other things, small arms and light weapons. Opponents of the treaty argue that loopholes within the new international framework for global gun control may make it illegal for Americans to purchase and import firearms manufactured outside of the United States.

To further his gun-grabbing agenda, however, President Obama and his administration didn’t stop there.

Now they’re taking another significant step against Americans’ right to bear arms – and they’re doing it through Presidential Executive Action, a strategy that, once again, bypasses Congressional oversight and the legislative process.

…it appears that the BHO Administration is taking executive action on firearms importation. Take a few minutes to read this: After Senate setback, Obama quietly moving forward with gun regulation. Here is the key portion of the article:

“The Importation of Defense Articles and Defense Services — U.S. Munitions Import List references executive orders, amends ATF regulations and clarifies Attorney General authority “to designate defense articles and defense services as part of the statutory USML for purposes of permanent import controls,” among other clauses specified in heavy legalese requiring commensurate analysis to identify just what the administration’s intentions are. Among the speculations of what this could enable are concerns that importing and International Traffic in Arms Regulations [ITAR] may go forward to reflect key elements within the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.”[Emphasis added.]

Depending on how it is implemented, the implications of this change could be huge. With the stroke a of a pen and without the consent of Congress, ATF bureaucrats could make ANY gun part or accessory (including magazines) or ammunition that were originally manufactured or perhaps even those designed for military use no longer legal for importation for civilian use. That might mean no more milsurp parts sets. No more milsurp magazines. No more milsurp ammo. No more milsurp optics. Perhaps not even spare firing pins. This could be ugly.

http://marketdailynews.com/2013/04/23/president-obama-to-ban-importation-of-ammo-magazines-and-gun-accessories-without-congressional-approval/
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:14:15 PM EDT
[#1]
How is this different than the other 3 times this was posted today?
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:15:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Gun-grabbers need to do something to vindicate their jihad. BHO trying to boost morale. The jihad hasn't been going well for them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#3]
It wouldn't surprise me if this eventually happens but the source for that info is extremely questionable.  In fact, aside from citing Rawles, there is no "source".
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:16:34 PM EDT
[#4]
FBHO.

Let this become a massive opportunity for US based manufacturers.  I like buying stuff made here.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#5]
In other news, the government is slowly becoming tyrannical.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:18:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Fully within his power to do. For anyone who forgot, Bush Senior used executive orders to increase gun control as well. This can happen on both sides of the political fence.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:25:12 PM EDT
[#7]
You're really posting this again?
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:26:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

How about it. BHO cries foul in the rose garden, lashes out that "they lied about tyranny" ....

.... then he turns around and uses EO to circumvent the Legislative branch which is the only branch that is truly representative of their constituents.

Barack is an elitist spoiled brat lying hypocrite with little genuine love for democracy.    
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:32:38 PM EDT
[#9]
The anti-gunners are not through yet by a long shot, pun intended.

It took them 5 years to past the 1st federal AWB. Those folks are relentless, and they will even throw some of their own under the bus to achieve they goal.

As Chairman Mao says, "political power comes out of a barrel of a gun, we must control the guns."
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:33:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Man....I hate when you forum police tell us that shit........like as if all of us will spend all day and night here to know what was posted 37 pages back, some five or six hours ago.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 8:40:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man....I hate when you forum police tell us that shit........like as if all of us will spend all day and night here to know what was posted 37 pages back, some five or six hours ago.

QTF ...... its still news
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:10:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Fully within his power to do. For anyone who forgot, Bush Senior used executive orders to increase gun control as well. This can happen on both sides of the political fence.

So tired of "this can happen on both sides of the fence" type garbage so often rationalized by people who vote for Dems.

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So tired of "this can happen on both sides of the fence" type garbage so often rationalized by people who vote for Dems.

I just wanna say you have the best screen name  
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:16:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm so tired of facts!
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:26:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Is this legit?
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've always wanted to say that. Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:29:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
FBHO.

Let this become a massive opportunity for US based manufacturers.  I like buying stuff made here.

In 10 years I've never quoted myself.  I thought this would be an appropriate time.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:32:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
FBHO.

In 10 years I've never quoted myself.  I thought this would be an appropriate time.

Banning importation of ammo wouldn't be good for the US consumer. Protectionist policies suck.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:36:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FBHO.

Banning importation of ammo wouldn't be good for the US consumer. Protectionist policies suck.

This for sure.

I like buying cheap 7.62x54r and 7.62x39. Both of those will cease to exist in the US if ammo imports went away.

Also, I think companies like PMC and Aguila help keep pricing competitive.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
FBHO.

+1 Maybe that means that my AK that was sadly lost in a boating accident would be worth a few more dollars. Either way, I don't believe I've let this epitaph fly before but...FBHO!
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:38:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Here ya go.   Go read.

(leave cold)

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2013/04/22/2013-09392/importation-of-defense-articles-and-defense-services-us-munitions-import-list-2011r-20p

I'm interested in the views of the other legal eagles.

But as a general observation, when the governments says "we're clarifying that we have all this additional power to regulate stuff we haven't exercised before," and then creates a new list of regulated stuff with a bunch of yet to be specified categories labeled as "RESERVED" I do tend to think its worth paying attention to.

ETA:  Money quote: "Revisions to the content of the USMIL, if any, will be addressed by the Attorney General in a separate rulemaking. "
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:40:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

How about it. BHO cries foul in the rose garden, lashes out that "they lied about tyranny" ....

.... then he turns around and uses EO to circumvent the Legislative branch which is the only branch that is truly representative of their constituents.

Barack is an elitist spoiled brat lying hypocrite with little no genuine love for democracy.    

Sorry, I had to fix it!

Edit: emphasis added.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 9:49:53 PM EDT
[#23]
So ... a real ban, or just someone saying it will be because of the language of the article?
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 10:41:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm so tired of facts!

...says the guy from Chicago.
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 10:42:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If was fucking bullshit then, too!
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 10:43:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FBHO.

Google "Obama tire tax".  The price of tires went up over night.

Link Posted: 4/24/2013 10:58:53 PM EDT
[#27]
I miss cheap FAL parts kits...
Link Posted: 4/24/2013 11:01:22 PM EDT
[#28]
I like to see this happen.  Then we can tar and feather the SOB.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 3:35:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure Lew said he is a liberal demorat party obama voting gun owner. I doubt he is a gun owner.

Plenty of closet demorats parrot both parties are the same propaganda.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 3:48:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
FBHO.

But it's not.  

Remington, Ruger, Winchester and others thought the same thing in 1968.  Look what it got us...  

Ruger thought the same thing in 1994, look what it got us...

No, this isn't an opportunity, this will do much more harm than good.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:02:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Is this legit?

There is a new regulation.
It doesn't ban anything.
Search the US Munitions Import List. Learn what it does (and more importantly, doesn't do).
Find out how long the list has been in existence. Find out what is on the list. See if any of the items which are already on the list have been and are being imported.
Knowledge is the best antidote for fear driven panic which has been caused by sensationalism.
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:03:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
How is this different than the other 3 times this was posted today?

Because this thread is afloat and the other three submerged.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top