Previous Page
Page:  / 2
Author
F.X.0.7.
NRA
Posted: 4/11/2013 12:56:48 PM
[Last Edit: 4/11/2013 1:18:17 PM by 14TheKid]

THE IMAGE ABOVE IS A PAID ADVERTISEMENT
Illinois is awaiting a vote on SB-3341 by the IL house of representatives, it was already passed by the IL senate. The bill would require all gold and silver to be registered with the state of IL. This sounds like the foundation for eventual confiscation of PM's. Coincidentally, IL is quickly going bankrupt.

"These are the times that try men's souls" - Thomas Paine, The Crisis
"I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country" - Last words of Nathan Hale, Sept. 22, 1776
BuickDan
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:02:33 PM
It won't be long now, maybe a couple decades at most.
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
Alexis de Tocqueville
NAM
DD214 Holder
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:03:01 PM
roflfibs
Isaiah 16:11 "Wherefore my bowels shall sound like an harp"
tbk1: "We don't allow generalized bashing, except against the French."
CoC #11: Some animals are more equal than others.
Ragin_Cajun
Cuddly as a Crowbar
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:04:24 PM
What's the excuse given for this? Can't remember the last time some kid was bludgeoned to death with a bar of bullion or a sack of silver coins
Ohne Schwefel und Salpeter gibt's keine Freiheit!

"Consider a spherical cow in a vacuum."
Surveyor75
Surveyor75
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:04:47 PM
WHY
"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."

John F. Kennedy
Wahawk55
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:05:59 PM
GANDYDANCER
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:06:25 PM
Another good reason to exit in any direction possible. Just don't come down here. We don't have much and had to fight hard for that.

GD
ez_dust
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:06:25 PM
Whats the point? Why?

Its right in the OP, Confiscation.
AJ-IN-JAX
Get the F*%# away from my coffee!!
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:06:38 PM
Can't we just give IL to Canada?
"There are other issues involved, besides questions of fact." ~ Atlas Shrugged

-------

"Because free men will never consent to give up the means of defending their liberties."
Him
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:13:45 PM
[Last Edit: 4/11/2013 1:22:45 PM by Him]
Shit like this is exactly why the Revolutionary war was fought, the fuckers never stop, and they never give up.
Ever tighter grows the noose around the neck of the law-abiding.
Fieldgeek
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:15:56 PM
I wonder how many bills like this pass and no one pays attention? If you don't follow these people constantly stupid things pass. Sometimes things do get cleaned up though. In just 2011 it became once again legal to juggle, perform acrobatics, and fortune telling in Cook County forest preserves.

I have read this bill, and while somewhat vague, only requires you to keep a short record if you are in the business of purchasing precious metals. This does not impact a private purchase. For now.
Kalahnikid
Ralph Bacon
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:18:07 PM
Originally Posted By AJ-IN-JAX:

Giving away a huge chunk of some of the best farm ground on earth and a huge manufacturing base seems silly to me.
A2's are not retro!
Team Lighthouse
Award: 24/365's insubordinate and churlish
nick89302
Probably posting from work.
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:18:10 PM
LOL
Bama-Shooter
You do your thing. I'll do mine.
NRAInstructor
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:21:46 PM
Will not comply.
American by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

Constitutional carry is a right not a privilege.

Any opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect upon any agency or organization with which I may be employed or affiliated.
governmentman
I am Government Man, come from the government.
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:22:03 PM
The author is Kirk Dillard, a REPUBLICAN

Need a 3rd party right now
zmm1990
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:24:13 PM

The 30's was one of the worse times ever for this country.
LowBeta
boson's mate
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:25:20 PM
I'm gonna take a wild guess –– not being a goldbug –– and my wild guess is that he's trying to get a handle on those "check-into-gold" places.

Just a thought, and it is the only one I can formulate that does not == preps for confiscation.
God sometimes subcontracts -- A funny guy
stevelish
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:29:32 PM
Originally Posted By Kalahnikid:

Giving away a huge chunk of some of the best farm ground on earth and a huge manufacturing base seems silly to me.

How about Chicago? Move the CME to Omaha first.
Kalahnikid
Ralph Bacon
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:30:00 PM
Originally Posted By stevelish:

How about Chicago? Move the CME to Omaha first.

There ya go, that seems like a much less stupid idea.
A2's are not retro!
Team Lighthouse
Weld4fun
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:33:50 PM

Yeah, but then people can't slam IL all th etime and be in the cool kids group.
The rest of IL is not like Chicago. When close to half the population lives in 4 counties there isn't much the rest of the state can do.
Prime
E'
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:34:00 PM
Originally Posted By LowBeta:
I'm gonna take a wild guess –– not being a goldbug –– and my wild guess is that he's trying to get a handle on those "check-into-gold" places.

Just a thought, and it is the only one I can formulate that does not == preps for confiscation.

Synopsis As Introduced
Creates the Precious Metal Purchasing Act. Provides that a person who is in the business of purchasing precious metal shall obtain a proof of ownership, create a record of the sale, and verify the identity of the seller. Provides that a person who is in the business of purchasing precious metal shall not pay for the precious metal in cash and shall record the method of payment. Requires the purchaser to keep a record of the sale for one year or, if the purchase amount is over $500, for 5 years. Provides that a person who violates the Act is guilty of a petty offense and subject to a fine not exceeding $500. Provides that the Attorney General may inspect records, investigate an alleged violation, and take action to collect civil penalties.

Senate Committee Amendment No. 1
Authorizes inspection of records by local police departments. Requires reports to law enforcement on a daily basis. Exempts persons licensed under the Pawnbroker Regulation Act.

...And the Wolves will learn what we've shown before
We love our Sheep, we Dogs of war
-Russ Vaughn
Kalahnikid
Ralph Bacon
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:35:13 PM
Originally Posted By Weld4fun:
When close to half the population lives in 4 counties there isn't much the rest of the state can do.

We could go back to only letting property owners vote
A2's are not retro!
Team Lighthouse
Pony151515
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:35:35 PM
Whats the over/under on the jail/prison term from the first domestic terrorist anarchist extreme right winge etc etc that gets caught with an unregistered block of silver.
bailey45
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:37:11 PM

Wi takes issue with this. Even MN would.

Now .... If we could just wall off Milwaukee to Joilet to Gary Indiana and fill it with water, I have no problem with that.
staraero: Stand with Rand and shoot everything down with Cruz missile's
BIGHURT
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:38:52 PM
[Last Edit: 4/11/2013 1:40:16 PM by BIGHURT]
Eta never mind :/
SilentType
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:40:17 PM
More poorly drafted legislation that is vague and probably very difficult to enforce.

Texas has the right idea in allowing their legislature to only hold session every so many years. It keeps them from passing stupid shit they dream up, because they have nothing else better to do or are being persuaded by special interests.
Grin
Snickerdoodle the Fearsome
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:42:11 PM
I wouldn't blink too hard if Chicago disappeared in a bright flash...
The fart poop sprinkler action is what gets me. - freeride21a
ultramagbrion
GUERRILLA MACHINIST
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:43:31 PM
[Last Edit: 4/11/2013 1:44:46 PM by ultramagbrion]
And WHY ?!?

Yup....that's why .

More of big-brother telling us what we can and cant own .

“There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice.”

RAND~16
M4-AK
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:44:37 PM
Venezuela. I say again Venezuela.
Makarov
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:49:54 PM
[Last Edit: 4/11/2013 1:51:08 PM by Makarov]
rangermonroe
(CH2-N-NO2)3.
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:51:46 PM

Originally Posted By Prime:

Synopsis As Introduced
Creates the Precious Metal Purchasing Act. Provides that a person who is in the business of purchasing precious metal shall obtain a proof of ownership, create a record of the sale, and verify the identity of the seller. Provides that a person who is in the business of purchasing precious metal shall not pay for the precious metal in cash and shall record the method of payment. Requires the purchaser to keep a record of the sale for one year or, if the purchase amount is over $500, for 5 years. Provides that a person who violates the Act is guilty of a petty offense and subject to a fine not exceeding $500. Provides that the Attorney General may inspect records, investigate an alleged violation, and take action to collect civil penalties.

Authorizes inspection of records by local police departments. Requires reports to law enforcement on a daily basis. Exempts persons licensed under the Pawnbroker Regulation Act.

It seems that I read or watched on TV that the "Scrap Gold into cash" places were basically a legal fence. Your petty crook could send an envelope of gold jewelry into one of those places and get a check for the melt value. There was no way for them to check with the police like a local pawnshop would, and maybe flag Mrs. Johnson's platinum Faberge brooch as being stolen.
thatguywiththeak
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:54:37 PM

That should have resulted in a revolution. That it didnt is a reminder of how fucked we will be in the coming years.
sasquatch98
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 2:03:45 PM
Originally Posted By Prime:

Synopsis As Introduced

This sounds like the regulations on scrap yards to cut down on copper thefts. I was already skeptical when I saw the world news daily link.
M14dad
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 2:08:05 PM
Originally Posted By Him:
Shit like this is exactly why the Revolutionary war was fought, the fuckers never stop, and they never give up.

This be true
alphajaguars
Colonel 24/365 INF Militia
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 2:10:03 PM

<---------------
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:
Will not comply.

Award: Hľa, je hovno postrek stroj. 24/365

"with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."
2K12SS
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 2:10:36 PM
Originally Posted By BuickDan:
It won't be long now, maybe a couple decades years at most.

Fixed
M14dad
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 2:10:48 PM

Yeah, but then people can't slam IL all th etime and be in the cool kids group.
The rest of IL is not like Chicago. When close to half the population lives in 4 counties there isn't much the rest of the state can do.

Ca. has that very same problem.

alphajaguars
Colonel 24/365 INF Militia
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 2:11:27 PM
When close to half the population lives in 4 counties there isn't much the rest of the state can do.

In today's world, I think it would be a better idea to only let people who earn a paycheck vote.

In other words, you must have skin in the game to vote.
Award: Hľa, je hovno postrek stroj. 24/365

"with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."
lichter50
24/365 Crew
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 2:14:01 PM
Anyone find a non-WND news link?
Award: 24/365's Most Often Unamused
lichter50
24/365 Crew
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 2:16:02 PM
Originally Posted By lichter50:
Anyone find a non-WND news link?

Here is the bill synopsis

Award: 24/365's Most Often Unamused
scottedward58
I will not comply
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 2:17:21 PM
Originally Posted By Pony151515:
Whats the over/under on the jail/prison term from the first domestic terrorist anarchist extreme right winge etc etc that gets caught with an unregistered block of silver.

So if you mill an unregistered block of silver into an unregistered DIAS which law have you broken?
Originally Posted By LarryThePirate:
Everyday, dieing for my rights seems a little more plausible, a little more necessary, and a little less frightening.
Angel_King
Never get shot with your own merchandise.
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 2:18:51 PM
[Last Edit: 4/11/2013 2:19:54 PM by Angel_King]

Or just give one state senate seat to each county regardless of population.
Should a member build a ziggurat of quoted posts, the thread shall be put to death - Hammurabian CoC- System Message.
disco_jon75
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 2:27:48 PM
Originally Posted By scottedward58:
Originally Posted By Pony151515:

So if you mill an unregistered block of silver into an unregistered DIAS which law have you broken?

Sir, I regret to inform you that you just divided by zero.
midcap
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 2:30:12 PM
Originally Posted By zmm1990:

The 30's was one of the worse times ever for this country.

and they probably described stealing the public's PM's as a patriotic was to help the country out. Oh wow, what is old is new again.
Take it easy and if it's easy take it twice
Procyon
Chaos Serpent
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 2:30:14 PM
I wouldn't register shit.

Well, in fact, I would submit my shit for registration.
<twckxbzd> so does anyone know about lever guns
<Antixx> those are the grandpa guns they use in clint eastwood movies right?
<twckxbzd> yeah
Palm
Owebama Lied, the Economy Died
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 2:30:53 PM
If I go to Chicago, do I have to register my gold crowns?
In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
BlueJames
Rand Paul 2016
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 2:32:58 PM
There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use them in that order.
MBUZICHOMA
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 2:35:37 PM
Originally Posted By Ragin_Cajun:
What's the excuse given for this? Can't remember the last time some kid was bludgeoned to death with a bar of bullion or a sack of silver coins

The government can't track profits peole make on Gold and Silver like they can on investments unless reported. So they can't get the tax revenue they want.

Lets say you have 50k in gold and it doubles and you now have 100k how does the government know?

It is all about money

Javak
Fun on a Bun
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 2:52:07 PM
IL Treasury agents will soon coming to pull unregistered gold teeth from grandpas.
Is It Schizoid Paranoia or Just Existential Blues?
Tdager
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 2:55:07 PM

How was this even legal? Under what authority did he have to issue such an EO?
millfire517
Pork eating crusader
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/11/2013 2:57:44 PM

Originally Posted By Grin:
I wouldn't blink too hard if Chicago disappeared in a bright flash...

I could add a few more cities to that.
"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
Thomas Jefferson
Thanks for the membership jixxerbeast
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2