Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/31/2013 6:13:32 AM EDT
According to the puppetmaster spaceman on Fox News Sunday.  That fucking tard wrangler is staying on his talking points.  

And fuck Chris Wallace too.  That POS is a gun grabber.  Not one difficult question.  Softballed him the whole way.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 6:15:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Sadly, I think it's inevitable.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 6:18:03 AM EDT
[#2]
And this is the source of their magic numbers. Paid for, of course, by maig.

http://www.politico.com/arena/bio/douglas_e_schoen.html
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 6:19:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Most people don't think.

While most people DO want some form of UBC the argument here isn't the check itself as it is the list that will turn into a de facto registration that goes along with it that scares the hell out of the rest of us.

Frankly if there was a website that was open to the public most of us would use it. FWIW I will ONLY do FTF transfers with another CCW holder as it does serve as a check of some sort.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 6:22:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I want a pony!
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 6:23:08 AM EDT
[#5]
i'm one of them
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 6:25:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Misleading survey is misleading.  I would bet a fair percentage of those people actually believe that there is no background check whatsoever required to purchase a gun.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 6:25:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm betting most of those don't understand the implications of universal background checks. They think "Well..why WOULDN'T you do a background check when selling a gun?"

ETA: And the above...most people are idiots that think we just walk into a store, pick it out, pay for it and leave.

Link Posted: 3/31/2013 6:28:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't care if 100% of the country wanted to infringe on my rights... fuck em.

We don't live in a democracy....  As Franklin said, "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 6:34:03 AM EDT
[#9]

So if we could get all non-blacks ? 89% to ask to repeal the 13th Amendment and bring back slavery then the politicians would do so?  This isn't a popularity contest.  The Second Amendment isn't negotiable just like slavery isn't negotiable.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 6:34:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

We don't live in a democracy....  As Franklin said, "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."

+1
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 6:35:59 AM EDT
[#11]
He's just using one of Obongo's favorite techniques.....  "The majority of Americans want < insert current political agenda & bullshit here >, the people have spoken, so this is what I'm urging Congress to pass.... blah, blah, blah........"
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 6:36:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

And fuck Chris Wallace too.  That POS is a gun grabber.  Not one difficult question.  Softballed him the whole way.

Imagine an employee of a licensed media company promoting a policy which would result in greater government control over the citizens subjects.
I'm shocked!
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 6:36:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Demorat party anti Second Amendment and anti property rights push polls. Jimmy Carter was buying them in the 70s.

Polls claiming to show that a large majority of the population favored “more gun control” were debunked as being the product of biased questions, and of the fact that most people have no idea how strict gun laws already are.

http://educationviews.org/jimmy-carter-tried-gun-control-and-lost/

Link Posted: 3/31/2013 6:37:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So if we could get all non-blacks ? 89% to ask to repeal the 13th Amendment and bring back slavery then the politicians would do so?  This isn't a popularity contest.  The Second Amendment isn't negotiable just like slavery isn't negotiable.

This has been something that seems to have started (or at least was ramped up) with the Clinton administration, basing their policies on polling.
I'm not sure if intentional or not, but acting like we should do things politically just for popularity sake is dangerous to say the least.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 6:39:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
He's just using one of Obongo's favorite techniques.....  "The majority of Americans want < insert current political agenda & bullshit here >, the people have spoken, so this is what I'm urging Congress to pass.... blah, blah, blah........"

This.  Lies.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 6:40:17 AM EDT
[#16]
I'd support them if:

1. No mention of guns was made during the background check.

2. They aren't mandatory.

3. They are free to cheap... Our tax dollars are paying for them... why should I pay twice?

4. Using them provides legal protection for the seller from any prosecution criminal or civil if the buyer then goes and does something stupid.  

The various bills proposed never have any of my above requirements.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 6:41:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Universal background checks WILL pass

Guarantee it. So essentially every new gun you buy will be registered in a way. One step closer to confiscation. History repeats itself.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 6:42:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This has been something that seems to have started (or at least was ramped up) with the Clinton administration, basing their policies on polling.
I'm not sure if intentional or not, but acting like we should do things politically just for popularity sake is dangerous to say the least.

Yeah, I just don't get it.  Just because something is popular doesn't mean it's constitutional.  If that were the case, we'd still have segregation in all its forms.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 6:44:52 AM EDT
[#19]
What universal background checks really go after is the following

1.  defacto registration.  bet your ass the serial number will be indexed to the persons involved.
2.  Taxes - universal background checks will require a fee .

we are wittnessing the final destruction of the United States of America

Link Posted: 3/31/2013 6:45:07 AM EDT
[#20]
People are so stupid and easily manipulated.

When asked a question like, "Do you oppose common-sense background checks that would reduce crime and save lives?", 90% of people won't say no. After all, are they going to flat-out say they are against something that is common sense, and which reduces crime and saves lives?

That's how these fucks get their poll results. Then they tout the results over every news report, opinion show, website and newspaper they can find, so it becomes Universal Truth. Then others hear it and figure if 90% feel that way it must be right.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 6:45:23 AM EDT
[#21]

Seriously though, where do they get these numbers?
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 6:46:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Wow, that number just keeps growing
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 6:47:08 AM EDT
[#23]
"...shall not be infringed".  Means exactly what it says - period.  With all the current 'infringements' and proposed 'infringements' why not just scratch off the
Second Amendment?  When you use a law like toilet paper to wipe your ass (that would be the collective USA ass), the law becomes meaningless.  Seems (to me) that the majority are willing at any point for any reason to roll over and accept (maybe grudgingly) whatever their politicians shove down their throat's.  Sad what we have become in our once great country.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 6:47:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yeah, and if he really cared about what the people "spoke", we wouldn't have Obamacare, or same-sex marriage, or a ton of other things.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 6:52:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
And this is the source of their magic numbers. Paid for, of course, by maig.

Yup

fixed link:

Schoen was named Pollster of the Year in 1996 by the American Association of Political Consultants for his contributions to the President Bill Clinton reelection campaign. His political clients include New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 6:55:32 AM EDT
[#26]
I want background checks, drug tests, and mental evaluations for politicians, government officials, and people in the media including but not limited to reporters, editors, and commentators.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 7:04:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Everyone saying it is not negotiable and similar responses, it most certainly is.  Right now all of our rights are being negotiated away under the guise of compromise.  We can sit back and type "will not comply" and "shall not be infringed" all we want and we know we are right.  But the people in charge DON"T CARE.  They make up numbers to further their agenda and will get new legislation passed.  Then if anyone revolts they will turn them into terrorists, by pointing out that they are one of the 7 or 8% that didn't want meaningful change for the safety of our children.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 7:06:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Most people don't think.

While most people DO want some form of UBC the argument here isn't the check itself as it is the list that will turn into a de facto registration that goes along with it that scares the hell out of the rest of us.

Frankly if there was a website that was open to the public most of us would use it. FWIW I will ONLY do FTF transfers with another CCW holder as it does serve as a check of some sort.

I am 100% for UBC's as long as the person being checked gets compared to a list of felons and does NOT have their name turned in to be compared.

AND people are then allowed to purchase any (non-NFA for now) firearm in any state.

ETA - They shouldn't be mandatory and proof of a check should absolve the seller of any responsibility if the purchaser turns out to be prohibited and/or does something criminal with the firearm sold.

Link Posted: 3/31/2013 7:07:38 AM EDT
[#29]
I heard it was 118%.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 7:08:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 7:09:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Careful what you wish for.

Chain of custody requirements?
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 7:10:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I heard it was 118%.

They polled all 57 states
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 7:10:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Total bullshit and a total LIE.

Truely, if 90% of Americans actually wanted it he would have been having a press confrence signing it not lamenting that it hasn't passed yet because of the NRA.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 7:11:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Bullshit 92 % of Americans cannot agree on anything.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 7:12:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Sadly, I think it's inevitable.  

you know, why the fuck don't we make this work for us????????  our reps should be working this like fucking Persian rug merchants!!!  the dems WANT this background check, they NEED this to pass since everything else theyve done has failed.  we should tell them, we'll give on THIS if you give us THAT!!!  get rid of barrel lengths, allow importation, ease restrictions on class 3 (maybe if you go through the process once you don't have to do it again), SOMETHING!!!

IF THIS IS DESTINED TO PASS, MAKE THEM FUCKING PAY!!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 7:20:11 AM EDT
[#36]
I am the 8%

If the question involves the .gov, the answer is always NO.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 7:20:24 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

this

Link Posted: 3/31/2013 7:22:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Misleading survey is misleading.  I would bet a fair percentage of those people actually believe that there is no background check whatsoever required to purchase a gun.

This.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 7:23:44 AM EDT
[#39]
87% of all statistics and polls are manufactured to produce a predetermined result.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 7:24:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 7:24:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Years of government training...

Would be interesting to see how many think a person can drive down to a LGS and pick up a m60 or 2.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 7:26:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

+2
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 7:26:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
i'm one of them

Nothing stops you from going to a FFL01 to complete your private property sale/buy now. Who's paying? Seller or buyer?  Of course I doubt you really believe a private business can be forced to complete your transaction or accept what you believe is reasonable.  

Link Posted: 3/31/2013 7:26:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 7:27:58 AM EDT
[#45]
"The will of the majority shall not infringe on the rights of the minority"

its funny how the same people calling for UBC are whole-hardheartedly against having to use ID to vote
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 7:29:07 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm all for background checks.

On book purchases.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 7:29:27 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

i'm one of them

What are you doing on here?

Link Posted: 3/31/2013 7:31:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'd like to see the source of that poll.

The ones I hear even here in liberal la-la land are just slightly over 50%.

sources???  we don't need no stinkin' sources!
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 7:34:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Good luck enforcing a UBC between private partys.

Not that I would want to be the test case but two folks otherwise clean in the eyes of the law busted buying/selling a gun just might lead to jury nullification.

I would look for a lot of states to tell Uncle Sugar to fuck off too......Unless they can charge a big ass fee.

BTW....I'm more concerned where they get that 81% of NRA members support a UBC. I suspect that their numbers are fudged but I would not be a bit surprised if it was 45%+. Just reading between the lines of this thread gives me pause.

Either you want freedom or not and to me there is no more basic freedom than in working out a gun deal between two honest people without involving the .gov to prove it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2013 7:35:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:

this  

double this.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top