Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 31
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:44:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi all - we're still here plugging away!!  I need to get an email and facebook update out too.  It's a really busy time, so sorry for the delay.  My business (which is where I make money and thus how I fund the project) has roughly doubled in the past 6 to 8 months.  Lots of long hours right now.  I'm also carving out some personal sanity time on the water each week.  We've been pushing a very unsustainable pace to get where we are.  The little blue floaty thing some of you saw has turned out to be a good escape, but being disconnected has slowed some of my updates.  Sorry!

Anyway, I'm excited to announce we are now "Investor Ready," and that's kind of a big deal.  We have completed scripts.  We've done a full script breakdown, and have 3 completed budgets (bare minimum, minimum we'd like to shoot with, and our desired budget).  We've gotten some great feedback from preliminary casting, and some big names expressed willingness to be attached to the project.  We have lined up with a production company to shoot the movies.  We have the option to shoot in either of two states, and all financial incentives (both Federal and State) are locked in.  It's a great project with an incredible number of good things going on.  It's still more than I can financially back, so we're putting out the call for investors now.  Certainly feel free to let your friends of means and like mind know about the Lights Out Saga!  We're ready to start filming .

- Travis
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:44:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackFox] [#2]
Was so excited, I double-tapped
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:51:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Great News Travis!!!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:51:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Sweet.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:59:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By louisianarebel:
Sweet. http://media.giphy.com/media/26BkLXHfIVF1eoW5y/giphy.gif
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:03:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:54:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:54:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Great to hear, and Godspeed Travis!
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Excellent. Keep plugging Travis. This is a great project and needs to be completed
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:18:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Hang in there!  This needs to make it to the screen.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:00:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I hope you shoot close.  I would love to be an extra
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 3:01:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the update!
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:17:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By NorCal_LEO:
If you need a devistatingly handsome guy with acting chops and willing to travel for an extra...

and they all turn it down, call me.
View Quote

Nicely done
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:19:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Little bump for those that may know people who may get excited about this project and be looking for an opportunity to invest.  We have a great project lining up, but can't fund it ourselves.  I'm in for 20% of the budget, and my pay-out and risk is the same as any other investor.  Not a dime of investor funds will be touched until we have our minimum budget and "green light" the project.  Hit me up with any other questions you may have....
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:33:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Glad this is progressing. I eagerly await the 1st movie
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By cwm1150:
Glad this is progressing. I eagerly await the 1st movie
View Quote

Thanks again for your support.  I know it's slow-going.  That's the nature of the business.  We'll get it done!
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:44:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Any update Travis?
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:57:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By tboesche:
Any update Travis?
View Quote

Everything is in place but funding for the first movie.  This part could take a while.  Keep in mind we changed the project from being self-funded to something much bigger - which now relies upon financial partners to get it done.  If the right people don't sign up for a financial stake - we have several options in place (including shrinking the budget until we can self-fund).  I'd like to give this some time, though, to pan out.  

Thanks for keeping Lights Out on the radar!  We're still here working away.....

- Travis
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:34:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:37:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Glad to see this is still going .
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:01:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Keeping this thread current
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:42:01 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Thank you!  

Not the news everyone was hoping for, but I basically took the summer off and am just now getting back in the saddle.  Between running and growing my own (fairly stressful) business and driving multiple projects - I had gotten to the point I couldn't effectively keep pushing.  I bought a boat, took some time off, and have lived in the Bahamas for the last two months.  I reconnected with my family, watched a lot of sunsets and recharged.  I also met with a few film crews and did a lot of thinking about how to best push forward with Lights Out.  There were no magic discoveries or connections.  It's not going to be easy.  If we're self-funding, it's either going to take a lot of time to come up with the cash or we have to adjust budget downwards.  Neither are really good answers.  While I've had plenty of casual conversations with potential financial partners, nothing's really clicked.  I'm back in the US and plan to catch up with the rest of the leadership team this week and discuss strategy.  Sorry for the lack of progress over the last two months.  My family, health and sanity needed to be a priority for a bit.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 8:11:00 AM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By BlackFox:
Thank you!  

Not the news everyone was hoping for, but I basically took the summer off and am just now getting back in the saddle.  Between running and growing my own (fairly stressful) business and driving multiple projects - I had gotten to the point I couldn't effectively keep pushing.  I bought a boat, took some time off, and have lived in the Bahamas for the last two months.  I reconnected with my family, watched a lot of sunsets and recharged.  I also met with a few film crews and did a lot of thinking about how to best push forward with Lights Out.  There were no magic discoveries or connections.  It's not going to be easy.  If we're self-funding, it's either going to take a lot of time to come up with the cash or we have to adjust budget downwards.  Neither are really good answers.  While I've had plenty of casual conversations with potential financial partners, nothing's really clicked.  I'm back in the US and plan to catch up with the rest of the leadership team this week and discuss strategy.  Sorry for the lack of progress over the last two months.  My family, health and sanity needed to be a priority for a bit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thank you!  

Sounds fair to me.  Thanks for working on this!  I really hope to see the movie someday but not at the expense of someone's family.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 6:37:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Keeping this up on top.

This film needs to be made.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 10:23:54 PM EDT
[#27]
thanks for the update
& hey, family first.
everything will come to be w/ this project...  
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:48:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Tag.
Again.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 2:15:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By itsARanchrifle:
Tag.
Again.
View Quote

Me too.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 7:18:42 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:05:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Benefactor] [#31]
$300USD  
For Freedom

Your sacrifice is serving a great project and community. Thank you for being a hero. You'll get over $200 in 5.11 gear!! - 5.11 Rush 12 Backpack!!! - 5.11 Lights Out Watchcap and Hat - 5.11 Lights Out ATAC PLx Flashlight - Custom Lights Out Patch - Bonus Sponsorship Swag - Personal Email From Travis Fox - Limited Edition DVD* - High Quality Vinyl Lights Out Sticker - Custom Lights Out Hand Towel - Behind-the-Scenes Email List *DVDs will mail on November 14th, 2013

32 out of 400 claimed
Estimated delivery:  June 2013
View Quote

Got everything else, just patiently waiting on that DVD
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:58:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Thanks all.  I've been traveling a bit without internet, so sorry I missed a bump or two.  

We continued to push ahead on the project over the summer.  I met with a few potential investors, but don't have any news to share there yet.  Everything is ready.  We're just looking for the right financial partnerships.  Until we procure funding, I've been focusing a good bit on work and putting in extra hours so I can pitch in my fair share when the time comes.  What little time off I have I'm filling by working as a charter captain, so again - apologize if I'm not always online and quick to respond.  Thanks again!  

- Travis
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 11:28:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Glad for the update, hope to pans out before I retire
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:34:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:49:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:
2016 bump!
View Quote

I'm doing what I can Nolo!  Thanks for doing what you do

I'm still pursuing investors, but the film industry has really taken a beating over the last 12 months.  It's reminiscent of the music industry about a decade ago.  As you might imagine, most potential investors are waiting to see how digital distribution works out once the middle men (sales agents, distributors, etc.) die out.  I'm not sure what that's going to look like myself.  Right now any proceeds from sales are drying up, and movie-making has really become a net loss game.  David and I have talked a few times about our options (such as scaling back and making a more budget-friendly production), but neither of us want to see the quality suffer - and you actually limit your market even more by cutting corners.  We have one chance to do this right, and it's more than I can carry on my own shoulders.  So, for now, we continue to network, continue to talk to the studios and other outlets (including channels and digital distributors) to explore options.  When the time is right - it will happen.  Right now it's not clicking. I'm still here pushing!  

Happy 2016
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:00:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pangea] [#36]
How about Glenn Becks Mercury One?  He had been talking about making movies back when I used to watch his show.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:08:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:11:40 AM EDT
[#38]
You didn't find anyone who was interested on one of those huge yachts parked next to you?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:03:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 4:55:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:
I was thinking about this the other day.

I plan to ask my boss if he might want to do this.
View Quote

Arfcom?

Oh yes...  
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 5:37:31 AM EDT
[#41]
If I had won that bigassed powerball a few weeks ago I would have fully funded it and then some......
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 8:31:07 AM EDT
[#42]
You didn't find anyone who was interested on one of those huge yachts parked next to you?
View Quote

That's actually how I met 3 potential investors .  I know it looked funny when I took the summer off, but part of my logic was "how do I bump in to people with a high net worth?"  Hmm.......
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:45:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:46:11 PM EDT
[#44]

That's actually how I met 3 potential investors .  I know it looked funny when I took the summer off, but part of my logic was "how do I bump in to people with a high net worth?"  Hmm.......
View All Quotes

Nice!
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Patiently waiting.

Why isn't there an audible version of the book yet?
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 7:00:43 PM EDT
[#46]
You aren't related to the guy that started Sierra Nevada Arms by any chance are you?
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 7:22:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By stutzcattle:
Patiently waiting.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stutzcattle:
Patiently waiting.

We got asked that a lot when on our 'road tour' a year ago.  David had someone who was doing the voice for the audible, but it wasn't the quality he wanted.  I know there were a lot of people interested in it, but don't know whether to expect any movement on that front.

Originally Posted By oarlock:
You aren't related to the guy that started Sierra Nevada Arms by any chance are you?

Nope!  
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:20:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Bumpity bump bump bump
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Please give me an update on this!  I want to see this on the big screen!!!!!
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top