Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My sister would really upset you. She turns $600+ carts into $100 almost weekly.. She takes couponing to the max. No scam involved, if that's how Walmart does it, that's on Walmart.

ETA

My sister does have all the coupons, and ads, however.

Your sister steals shopping carts and sells them?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gFJo1ZyTduk/To9OYece2TI/AAAAAAAABUE/bIRKMls9ttE/s400/trailer_park_boys.jpg

No.
We steal babies and sell them.

Link Posted: 3/16/2013 1:30:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a tactical clip on binder for coupons. Can get 300 400 cans of soup for the cost of 30 40 cans at times.
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 1:30:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's just great.  As if the lines at Walmart don't move slow enough already.  Now I get to stand behind some fat FSA fuck and listen to them regale the cashier with tales of practically free stuff on sale at Bob's Wonder Barn of Magically Cheap Goods.

Exactly what I endured this afternoon.

Been there. It completely sucks.  I wanted to pull out a twenty and pay the woman to get the fuck out of the way. It took FOREVER.  I'm sure they save money though.  

Food sucks at Walmart unless it comes in a box.  HEB is worth the cost difference.
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 1:34:40 PM EDT
[#4]
When I worked there they customer had to have some proof (say from an ad, or a receipt) that an item was being sold for that much. Sounds like the cashier needs a talking to.
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 1:35:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My sister would really upset you. She turns $600+ carts into $100 almost weekly.. She takes couponing to the max. No scam involved, if that's how Walmart does it, that's on Walmart.

ETA

My sister does have all the coupons, and ads, however.

Your sister steals shopping carts and sells them?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gFJo1ZyTduk/To9OYece2TI/AAAAAAAABUE/bIRKMls9ttE/s400/trailer_park_boys.jpg

No.

We steal babies and sell them.

How much are you guys selling healthy white babies for?

My friend is looking to adopt, but she said her arrangement with a guy named Smalls fell through.

Link Posted: 3/16/2013 1:36:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like an uninformed cashier.

You'd think, but read my post above.  There are some wild policies with respect to loss prevention at certain stores.  To hear it at Walmart shocks me but I can't say that I haven't heard of similar nonsense.

Those are some crazy policies and with policies like those, no wonder why some things cost so much.

Link Posted: 3/16/2013 1:36:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I tried to get Walmart to price match Dick's advertised price of $5.99/box of Remington Gun Club target ammo.  I had a flyer.  He asked me how many I wanted.  I said all of them.  Dude counted how many of each shot size they had...not a lot, maybe 3 flats all together.  Then he actually called Dick's to verify that it was in stock for the price listed in the ad.  

He sat on hold for a long time.  I know they had them.  I just came from there to verify that they were in stock.  I don't buy things from them and haven't for a long time.

Finally I gave up.  He said unless he talked to someone to verify it was in stock, I could not have the $1.00 per box price match difference.  It pissed me off a little.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sounds like an uninformed cashier.

I have a feeling the manager will have a talk with that cashier after they see how much they lost their ass on that order.

I can see them letting a few items go for less, but they were flat out scammed on this one.
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 1:39:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Being able to buy shit at other stores for less than Wal-Mart sounds like a perfect reason to never go in Wal-Mart.

Ding ding ding we have a winner!!!!

You two are fucking geniuses.

Link Posted: 3/16/2013 1:45:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have a tactical clip on binder for coupons. Can get 300 400 cans of soup for the cost of 30 40 cans at times.

So you hoard cans of soup eh? Are you related to Honey Boo Boo?
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#11]
playing by the rules is for suckers

example #4089
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I bet the manager would like to know about your experience. You should have started listing off everything you were buying with prices. Oh Ya that shotgun is at cabelas for $10.....
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
From what I understand customers are supposed to have legit ads, receipts, etc. I work retail (not Walmart) and this is how we do it. I'll have retards try to quote me low prices without any proof too.

That's what I thought too (for all companies that offer price match) & they could limit it to in stock merchandise (at the other store).

I took a newspaper ad from the now defunct 6th Avenue Electronics to PC Richard & asked them to match the price.

I was told;
- The listed price was well below their cost from the manufacturer
- It is a bait & switch scam as they do not have any of those long discontinued models in stock (regardless of the ad guaranteeing at least 6 of each item at each location)
- The ads were so ridiculous that PC Richard would have people call every location at opening time on the day the ad hit to see what was in stock - since they never had the items the ad was fraudulent & would not be matched.

I did once try to shop at 6th Avenue for a TV - I called & the salesman said the model I wanted was long gone (even though it was run weekly for several months) but he would be happy to sell me a newer model.
I asked him if he was going to give me the newer model for the same price as the ad - he said he couldn't do that.
I asked him how much for the newer model - he said "I can't tell you that over the phone, but I'll take care of you if you come in tonight."
I drove all the way down there, talked to the same salesman, & he tried to sell me the newer model at a higher price than what all their competitors were advertising - then he got bitchy & walked away when I told him I wasn't doing that.
(Stay away from anything owned or operated by Leon Temiz or his family - they are scum.)
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I think you must have overheard the price and cost numbers wrong.  I'm not doubting the experience as I've sat behind the couponers and cost shoppers before.

I'm a retail consultant that has designed and helped install POS systems for Wal-Mart among other retailers.

Wal-Mart is by none the industry leader at stopping loss.  Without going into much detail, the cashier can override by a certain amount or percentage certain items based on stocking category and SKU.  The CSM can further override and then a certain amount triggers the store manager.

Otherwise, it sounds like she was doing a double slide or a skip slide and the stock count at end of night and register total will expose her and she'll be watched via overhead cam and have their loss prevention team watching her at all time she's on a register.
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 1:54:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sweet info.   I can't wait to pick up some .223 at 2003 prices ... When it's back in stock.

Darn. I already bought 1500 rounds there this week.
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 1:55:22 PM EDT
[#16]
employee not doing his job. They have to have the advertisement, that's how it works around here anyways.
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 1:58:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Uhmmm. In a capitalist country more power to them if Walmart is that stupid.

+1
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 2:03:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 2:31:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Most of my trials with price matching have been more trouble than they were worth.

Even having the ad right there, I'd have to wait for a manager or they want to check stock at the competing store.

I don't even bother with it anymore.
Link Posted: 3/16/2013 2:41:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I think you must have overheard the price and cost numbers wrong.  I'm not doubting the experience as I've sat behind the couponers and cost shoppers before.

I'm a retail consultant that has designed and helped install POS systems for Wal-Mart among other retailers.

Wal-Mart is by none the industry leader at stopping loss.  Without going into much detail, the cashier can override by a certain amount or percentage certain items based on stocking category and SKU.  The CSM can further override and then a certain amount triggers the store manager.

Otherwise, it sounds like she was doing a double slide or a skip slide and the stock count at end of night and register total will expose her and she'll be watched via overhead cam and have their loss prevention team watching her at all time she's on a register.

Thanks for that insight.   You clearly possess knowledge in this area, whereas I do not.

Link Posted: 3/16/2013 2:55:43 PM EDT
[#21]
at Best Buy right before Christmas, I bought a Samsung Note 2 for considerably less than they had it for.  but  without the ad no way. and then they checked to see if it was in stock at the other place.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top