Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:13:36 PM EDT
[#1]
The images of Nikki Catsouras' wreck that were released by the California Hiway Patrol, especially the one showing half of  her head ground away and her brain matter laying on the pavement.

Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:15:09 PM EDT
[#2]
This:

http://www.stripes.com/news/three-sailors-die-in-italy-car-crash-1.20929

Seeing / smelling people burned to death is a whole different ballgame.... Especially when one of those people you sat next to and chatted up all the time the entire week prior / day of in POIC.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:16:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Worked at a funeral home as a kid. Would go with the mortician, who was also the county coroner, to pick up bodies. Got a call one day in July to go get a an apparent suicide in the forestry. It had been no ordinary summer, it was the hottest summer since '36. The location was an old fire road, almost grown over. Some foresters marking trees had found him. This guy had run a hose from the tail pipe to the inside of the car and taped the crack shut. They estimated he'd been baking in there for a couple weeks, dude was like fucking jello. Needed a goddamn spatula and garden spade to get all the chunks. Nastiest shit I've ever seen and the smell, holy fuck, sometimes I'll pass a dead deer ripening by the roadside and it'll remind me of that day.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:18:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Woman waited until her two kids got home from school. They were maybe four and seven, maybe five and seven. She tied an ugly, old hemp rope around the upstairs bannister and jumped. She called her husband right before she did it. He worked nearby and called the police. They got there at the same we got there and he got there. She was hanging in the middle of the living room. The kids were too young to understand it. They were looking at her body as if they were trying to figure out what mommy was doing. One of the cops got them out of there while we cut her down and worked her up. She did not live.

I fucking hate suicides.  Guy hung himself in his garage during his fucking birthday party.  Wife went looking for him, found him, followed shortly by his brother and his 10 year old boy.  The dude stepped off a folding chair without enough of a drop to do the deed, had second thoughts and tried (and failed) to get the 1/2 nylon line around his throat off.

Then we had a riot because word went around the neighborhood that we'd shot him after the coroner wheeled out the body.

Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:19:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm pretty desensitized, BUT...

Anything rotting with thousands of lil creepy maggots, gives me the shivers and makes me puke
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:23:18 PM EDT
[#6]
When I was 6 or 7 I saw a guys face (or what was left of it) sticking through his windshield after my family came across a car wreck in the middle of nowhere.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:24:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't hold a candle to some of the things you guys have seen.  I've been on a volunteer fire dept for a long time now and I've seen some gruesome stuff
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:25:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Midgets and antique furniture, You know that, I can't so much as drink a damn glass of water around a midget or a piece of antique furniture.

Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:26:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Plane crash victims.

Not pretty.

Take my word for it.

This.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:26:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Back before seat belts were required, came a cross an accident where a guy had been ejected and a box truck trying to avoid him rolled over on him.  All you could see was him from the waist down whole and the truck body flat on the pavement and him from the waist up.  We had back seat seatbelts installed the next day.  No gore visible, but the concept of him flat was pretty nasty for a 6 year old.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:28:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Recovering a small plane crash with parts still holding onto the yoke.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Palate cleanser:

Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:29:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I've seen every single Cher movie.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:29:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The thing that sticks in my mind is the video of the Chechens cutting the head off of the Russian soldier.  That still bothers me after several years when I think about it.

The one with the American journalist who had his chopped off had messed with me a little.  But it is the Dep. Dinkheller murder tape that has really stuck with me.  

I watched an old lady die after getting hit by a car in front of me last year.  I got out, checked airway and pulse when two off duty EMT's with a trauma bag came up so I let them take over.  She died there on that street.  But that did nothing to me.  Wasn't even bothered by it in the slightest.  Watching Dep Dinkheller get murdered by that hillbilly, though.......that messed with me.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The thing that sticks in my mind is the video of the Chechens cutting the head off of the Russian soldier.  That still bothers me after several years when I think about it.

That one and Daniel Pearl were both pretty bad. They chalk up there for me.

rustthroat, or something of the lines

saw it in high school

Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:31:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Watching my mom die.  I never knew what death rattle was, but its like rod knock, you know it when you hear it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#17]

i was in the back seat passangers side... the jas of life were only used to remove the steering wheel... we went driver door to driver door (almost head on) with the chevy version of our truck except it was a stake bed...

my boss who had been driving (missing his left arm) was half in my lap with his eyes rolled back in his head making that brain injury "ehhhhhhhh ehhhhhhh ehhhhhhh" noise while choking on his own blood and coughing the blood all over me... his left femur was sticking out of his leg and spirting a bit of blood....  that combined with my bestfriend and co worker who was in the front passangers seat slumped over against the dash with his scalp pealed back unable to move but able to yell/moan "dennis, dennis, dennis uuuuhhhhhhhh dennis, dennis, chester help dennis, help dennis, i cant move, i cant feel my arms, dennis i cant move chester help dennis i cant feel my legs o shit i cant feel anything heeeeeeeeeelp, chester help me, dennis isint moving"

yeah.... thats the image that sticks with me....

the cooler that was always loaded from the drivers side and pushed to the passangers side without issue but for whatever reason decided to have the drain cap pop off that morning and get the drivers side back seat all wet was crushed and torn in half...

i rebroke my left hand either punching out my own window (door was locked but couldnt figure that out... i did punch it out... i remember time stoped and i thought to myself "woah shit i punched out a window... damn") or trying to punch out dans window (door was also locked... did not punch that out).... i also now have a nerve in my back that pinches from time to time...

the driver of the other truck fell asleep (10:07AM) and crossed the line... both trucks were doing around 70... driver and passanger failed to show up for work the next morning and were said to of fled back to mexico... who knows... neither had any ID...

when lawsuits started getting real it was obvious that no one was ever going to get any real money so i backed out and dropped my case and had dennis and dan split whatever the judge awarded me...

dan (front seat passanger) recovered... had a new hairline for about 2 years but it grew back except for where his scalp tore...

dennis (the driver) lived... sorta... hes in a wheelchair for life, his left arm is now 6" or so shorter... hes got some serious brain trama and lots of memory loss... his business went under in its 32nd year.... 10 months later when dennis finally got to go home i went to visit him.... after some coaching from his wife i was identified as "chester.... chester the hero"...
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Seen a lot in EMS and as a deputy coroner including a school shooting, people burning alive, suicides all kinds.  Nothing sticks with me.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:35:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Ditto that.

That video surfaced right around the time the www was getting busy. It was the first video I saw on my webTV.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:35:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Traffic accident in I-40 just west of Asheville, NC.  Summertime tourist traffic with everyone in a hurry to get somewhere, couple on a large motorcycle go hit by a car and went down in traffic and NOBODY stopped.  Finally a trucker came onto the accident scene and pulled across both lanes to block traffic.  Cops estimated the couple had been run over more than a dozen times.  The bodies were torn to pieces and scattered all over the westbound lanes of the highway.

People who would probably have swerved off the road to miss a dog or other animal were perfectly happy to destroy two human beings who were alive and largely uninjured when they hit the pavement.  I never heard if anyone who ran over those two were ever found and charged.

That incident caused me to seriously reconsider any ideas I had about riding a motorcycle cross country.  May never get to Sturgis.  Local and back roads only for me now and after the death toll involving bikers on the roads around here has gone up in recent years, I don't know about that anymore.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#21]
About a year ago I pulled up on an accident.  I was the third car there and a volunteer fire truck had just shown up.  It was a pickup that had gone off the road, hit a tree and was consumed in fire.  As I was sitting there a car came flying up and two women jumped out and started screaming.  It was the family of the two guys in the truck.[V

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:35:55 PM EDT
[#22]
A fat chick flash me and a bunch of guys while wearing yoga pants.

And by fat, I mean this dude would find her overweight to a fault.

Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:36:28 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Between that one and the 2 guys and a hammer vid....ugh I wish I'd never watched either of them.

Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:40:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/chetifall/376547.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/chetifall/4765.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/chetifall/7654764.jpg

i was in the back seat passangers side... the jas of life were only used to remove the steering wheel... we went driver door to driver door (almost head on) with the chevy version of our truck except it was a stake bed...

my boss who had been driving (missing his left arm) was half in my lap with his eyes rolled back in his head making that brain injury "ehhhhhhhh ehhhhhhh ehhhhhhh" noise while choking on his own blood and coughing the blood all over me... his left femur was sticking out of his leg and spirting a bit of blood....  that combined with my bestfriend and co worker who was in the front passangers seat slumped over against the dash with his scalp pealed back unable to move but able to yell/moan "dennis, dennis, dennis uuuuhhhhhhhh dennis, dennis, chester help dennis, help dennis, i cant move, i cant feel my arms, dennis i cant move chester help dennis i cant feel my legs o shit i cant feel anything heeeeeeeeeelp, chester help me, dennis isint moving"

the cooler that was always loaded from the drivers side and pushed to the passangers side without issue but for whatever reason decided to have the drain cap pop off that morning and get the drivers side back seat all wet was crushed and torn in half...

i rebroke my left hand either punching out my own window (door was locked but couldnt figure that out... i did punch it out... i remember time stoped and i thought to myself "woah shit i punched out a window... damn") or trying to punch out dans window (door was also locked... did not punch that out).... i also now have a nerve in my back that pinches from time to time...

the driver of the other truck fell asleep (10:07AM) and crossed the line... both trucks were doing around 70... driver and passanger failed to show up for work the next morning and were said to of fled back to mexico... who knows... neither had any ID...

when lawsuits started getting real it was obvious that no one was ever going to get any real money so i backed out and dropped my case and had dennis and dan split whatever the judge awarded me...

dan (front seat passanger) recovered... had a new hairline for about 2 years but it grew back except for where his scalp tore...

dennis (the driver) lived... sorta... hes in a wheelchair for life, his left arm is now 6" or so shorter... hes got some serious brain trama and lots of memory loss... his business went under in its 32nd year.... 10 months later when dennis finally got to go home i went to visit him.... after some coaching from his wife i was identified as "chester.... chester the hero"...

Jesus man.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:40:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Watching the medics pull something out of my lower abdomen and stitch me up. Whatever they injected me with to put me out didn't work.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:41:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Aftermath of car bombs Iraq 2004-2005

Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:44:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Between that one and the 2 guys and a hammer vid....ugh I wish I'd never watched either of them.  

damn my curiosity, but what is this 2 guys and a hammer video......? cliff notes......
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

damn my curiosity, but what is this 2 guys and a hammer video......? cliff notes......

cliff notes be damned... PM me a link
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:46:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Maybe not the worse thing. 3-4 in the afternoon, i was walking down this street with my old boss in an older section of Kiev, Ukraine when this dog comes hobbling down the street whimpering holding its front leg. My boss and I just look at each other, the dog was a cute Benji type dog. WTF?

We walk another 100 feet and there is this raven trying to take off with something in its beak, we look and it is the dogs leg.

Game over, off to the pub, all this after going to the WWII museum...
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just like it sounds. 2 guys beating someones skull in with a sledgehammer.

Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:48:42 PM EDT
[#32]

Mass grave being excavated in Bosnia.

Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/chetifall/376547.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/chetifall/4765.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/chetifall/7654764.jpg

That's pretty intense.  It really makes my blood boil reading your story, though.  Those fuckers come here, get cars and under the table jobs, end up ruining someone's life and then flee back to their shit hole nation.  It just makes me want to hurt someone.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:50:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

cliff notes be damned... PM me a link

nevermind... found it... half way though when the camera man is stabbing the guy... this noise he starts making is the same noise my boss was making....
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:50:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Seen plenty of disturbing stuff, even some death/body parts

I told myself thats life for ya

My only real disturbing thing to me was that picture where the guy had his hand all cut up from the paper shredder or something, with all the slits on his hands, makes me hurt just seeing it
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:52:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm wondering the same...  because I'm damn sure not watching it.

To answer the question, I found a guy that had just shot himself in the head with a .22.   If it wasn't for the gun and the blood coming out of the temple, you would have thought he was just asleep, as he was snoring quite normally.   EMS got there and took him in but he ended up dying after an hour or so.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:53:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

What is the most disturbing thing you have ever seen?

For me probably a guys head 10 feet from his body. Motorcycle accident. Visuals of any kind do not really disturb me too much but it was something I have never seen. I should say *have not disturbed me too bad yet, I have not seen much compared to some.

A woman who jumped off a high rise.  One of her ankles was over her head, and the contents of her torso were spilling out of her split-open enlarged crotch.

Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:55:05 PM EDT
[#38]
The most disturbing thing I saw was the video of those savages beheading that journalist they kidnapped.  Daniel something or other.  

Yeah, I watched it.  It was sick as shit.  And I mean sick as in disgusting.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:55:36 PM EDT
[#39]
The most horrible for me was far from the bloodiest or goriest that I have seen.

I triaged a scene where 10 people (four adults and six children) were all ejected from a car that rolled multiple times.  First victim I came across was  a ~3 month old infant, wearing nothing but a diaper, laying in the ditch about 6' from where I parked the ambulance. Appeared to be asleep, the only thing out of place was a single drop of blood coming from one nostril. No pulse, no breath sounds...baby gets the 0 on the forehead, with a Sharpie.  I stepped over the child at least a dozen times over the next 20 minutes, while working on those that still had a chance.  Despite that "0" every Paramedic, and FF that came to the scene had to stop and check...at some point, a DPS trooper finally put coat over the body.

Adult female and three kids survived that.  Driver (father of two of the kids) was drunk, on the wrong side of the road, racing another car as speeds over 100.  No seat belts or car seats. At least the driver had the decency to die along with this family, brother, and nieces / nephews.  The driver of car they were racing was also related.

There are several reoccurring topics in my nightmares, but the baby is the most frequent.  I still see my hand in my dreams, drawing that horrible "0" on that tiny forehead.  At some point over the last 30 years, the black ink has been replaced with pink frothy blood, that almost spews from the pen.  Sometimes the baby cries under the troopers jacket.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:56:06 PM EDT
[#40]

AWW
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:56:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Seen a few dead bodies IRL,  but nothing overly gruesome.  

The beheading videos, the mexican chainsaw guys, 2 guys 1 hammer, and some middle easterner who's shot repeatedly with an AK in the face and his jaw is blown half off were bad enough.  Don't know why I watch that shit.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:57:35 PM EDT
[#42]
VW head on with a semi one off the VW passengers was face down about 3 ft from my door as I drove past,the back of his/her skull was missing and looked like a empty bowl.freaky weird sight thats still with me 30yrs later.

also seen a mini truck that had rolled and the driver was half way out of the drivers door window facing upwards and he was basically folded in half at his midsection another odd sight that has stuck with me probably 35yrs ago

seen alot of of other accidents but these 2 stand out in my mind
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#43]
head sawed off with a hacksaw.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 9:00:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just like it sounds. 2 guys beating someones skull in with a sledgehammer.  

Is it the one where they stick him in the stomach with a screw driver as well? If so I can confirm it's one of the worst if not "the worst". Think again about subjecting yourself to that shit.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 9:03:48 PM EDT
[#45]
The aftermath of a guy who jumped off an overpass in front of a big truck on I-80 in Gary,In.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You're a good man, don't ever think that you're not.  Stuff like that only hits the good ones hard.

Same to many of you.  I have no horror stories, but if I got my head squished in an accident and one of you guys was the last person I saw, I'd be glad to know someone was there who cared.  Don't ever think that doesn't mean anything.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 9:09:41 PM EDT
[#47]
While working at a prison watching a guy come to his cell door, and then cutting his throat ear to ear. When there were enough of us to open the door he was lying in his bunk. The wound looked exactly like Hollywood special effects. Could see down his windpipe.

Link Posted: 3/15/2013 9:14:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Goriest was a guy we removed in multiple pieces from a bob-tailed dump truck.  A truck pulling a trailer with one of those huge rolls off PVC, used for temporary water lines to oil/gas drilling rigs, ran a stop sign in the fog.  Driver of the bob-tailed dump truck, pulling a dump trailer, hit the trailer with the spool, which climbed the cab.  For good measures, a passenger car went under the hitch from the jack knifed dump trailer. By the will of god or some freak of physics, the driver of that car ended up trapped in the back seat, unharmed...but it took a while to get her out.  

Driver of dump truck was separated into two.  His left arm and upper body, less part of his head, was no longer in the cab.  Right arm and lower torso was still in the seat, but buried under a pile of metal and plastic.  Most of his head was kinda spattered around.  His right hand was never identified.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 9:16:24 PM EDT
[#49]
There are so many... I cannot pick out just one.
Link Posted: 3/15/2013 9:16:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Recovering several infants over the years who were homicide victims.  One was buried under a pile of stuffed animals, and one was hanging from a coat hanger in a closet.  Several were stabbed.

The accidents never bothered me, bad things happen sometimes.  The suicides were their own choice, they never bothered me either.  The deliberate killing of those unable to defend themselves simply to cause pain to those who survive - well, I am not sure exactly how to describe my disgust and anger.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top