Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/16/2013 9:05:29 AM EDT
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/elderly-couple-pulled-over-buckeye-car-decal-mistaken-191317336--ncaaf.html

Bonnie Jonas-Boggioni, 65, and her husband were driving home to Plano, Texas from Columbus after attending her mother-in-law’s funeral when a pair of black police SUV’s stopped the couple a few miles outside of Memphis.

“Knowing I wasn’t speeding, I couldn’t imagine why,” Jonas-Boggioni told the Columbus Dispatch. “They were very serious. They had the body armor and the guns.”

On the back of Jonas-Boggioni’s car was a Buckeye leaf decal, similar to the one players’ have on their helmets, and cops mistakenly thought it was marijuana leaf.

Yes, really.

“What are you doing with a marijuana sticker on your bumper?” one of the cops asked Jonas-Boggioni.

(AP)After trying to explain that the sticker was not a marijuana leaf and that she and her husband were not trafficking drugs cross-country, the police advised Jonas-Boggioni to remove the sticker as to not cause any more confusion.

You know, just in case there were any other moronic drug cops out there that didn’t actually know what a marijuana leaf looked like.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:07:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Fire those Cops...seriously...it is too late to just retrain them...
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:08:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Sad huh? I don't put any stickers on my car other than inspection, registration, and a State Police benevolent association sticker. Don't need my tires slashed, my car keyed, or political beliefs questioned.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:09:39 AM EDT
[#3]
A couple of years ago some Cop in Louisiana wrote a citation for not wearing a seat-belt to some dude on riding a motorcycle.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:13:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I saw this earlier. The thing that puzzles me the most is that the people who claim to be victims can not identify which agencies pulled them over because of the stickers.

In other words, it sounds like bullshit to me.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:15:22 AM EDT
[#5]
TEXAS AGAIN?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:15:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Drug task force in Memphis makes hundreds of drug bust a year, some major. Hell, I've been pulled over before in my work truck. I live just across the state line and am in Memphis 3 days a week for work.

I40 runs through Memphis.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:17:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:18:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I used to see a young Hispanic gentleman driving around town in a lowered black car with vanity plates that said MOTA.  I'm sure the cops loved him.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:19:56 AM EDT
[#10]
The only stickers on my vehicle are the legally required ones on my license plate.  

I am a gray man.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:20:04 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

A couple of years ago some Cop in Louisiana wrote a citation for not wearing a seat-belt to some dude on riding a motorcycle.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:22:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I used to see a young Hispanic gentleman driving around town in a lowered black car with vanity plates that said MOTA.  I'm sure the cops loved him.

MOTA?

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:22:41 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Dude damn well better have fought that one.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:29:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

MOTA?  

Mexican word for weed  

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:30:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

MOTA?  

MUCHA MOTA
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:35:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Land of the Free...and all that shit
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:38:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Complete idiots. Like a drug trafficker would put a pot leaf on their vehicle used to transport. Old man should have told them to go fuck themselves.
That being said, if you painted a picture of a bale, or of a 6 ft pot plant on the hood, it still is not illegal. Your tax dollars at work again.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:39:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I saw this earlier. The thing that puzzles me the most is that the people who claim to be victims can not identify which agencies pulled them over because of the stickers.

In other words, it sounds like bullshit to me.

Its an elderly couple from TX, they might not be familiar with the different TN agencies in the Memphis area.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:41:00 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

MOTA?  

Mexican word for weed  

However, it's also a Spanish surname.  

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:41:52 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Complete idiots. Like a drug trafficker would put a pot leaf on their vehicle used to transport. Old man should have told them to go fuck themselves.

That being said, if you painted a picture of a bale of a 6 ft pot plant on the hood, it still is not illegal. Your tax dollars at work again.

+1

Sounds like these cops have too many resources and not enough real crime to pursue.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:42:51 AM EDT
[#21]
lol, good thing they missed those boys in Dickson County
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:43:11 AM EDT
[#22]
but but this was in Texas where you are free to roam about and do as you will
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:43:16 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I used to see a young Hispanic gentleman driving around town in a lowered black car with vanity plates that said MOTA. I'm sure the cops loved him.
Hispanics  are the new and approved voting class (illegal or not). I'm sure he had no problems.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:43:34 AM EDT
[#24]
On I40 a major drug lane. Going in to and out of Memphis has troopers or police parked in the median and yes they will pull you over
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:44:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Wow.  What a bunch of dumbfucks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Fail.

They were from Texas.  They were stopped right outside Memphis.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:46:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Drug task force in Memphis makes hundreds of drug bust a year, some major. Hell, I've been pulled over before in my work truck. I live just across the state line and am in Memphis 3 days a week for work.

Guess I should have read before posting I'm 80 miles from memphis and when ever I go over you always see a ton of LE. You start seeing more from Haywood county but as you get closer to Memphis you really see them. Some one got busted the other day for 308 pounds around Haywood county.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:47:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Read the story.  It happened outside of Memphis.  That's in TN.  Did you know that?  I am sure iit didn't happen in Memphis, TX, because if you go to Columus, OH, from Plano via Memphis, TX, you will have to travel 25k miles at a minimum.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Land of the FreeFEE...and all that shit

I fixed your typo for you.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:49:14 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Fire those Cops...seriously...it is too late to just retrain them...

First post.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:49:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

They were also shown to patrol the SB lanes almost exclusively. The NB lanes are where drugs travel into the US. The SB lanes are where money flows south to Mexico. Seems they are more interested in seizing cash than anything.......
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:52:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

And I55, which runs all the way to Chicago, I do believe.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:52:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were also shown to patrol the SB lanes almost exclusively. The NB lanes are where drugs travel into the US. The SB lanes are where money flows south to Mexico. Seems they are more interested in seizing cash than anything.......

Funny how that works isn't it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Any source for this?

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:54:54 AM EDT
[#35]
This happened to a friend of mine around the same area.  The police officer pulled the car over and stated that they were following too closely to another car...only there were no other cars around.  When asked which car they were following too closely, the police officer never gave a direct answer.  

The officer walked around the car with the K9 and stated that the dog had indicated the presence of marijuana.  The police officer then tore through the vehicle and did not find anything.  My friend never consented to the search, and when my friend asked to call an attorney, the police officer asked, "Why, you got something to hide?"

In the end, after an hour on the side of the road, the police did not find anything.  The police officer told my friend, "Next time, don't waste our time."  This appears to be a trend around Memphis area.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:56:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Sad huh? I don't put any stickers on my car other than inspection, registration, and a State Police benevolent association sticker. Don't need my tires slashed, my car keyed, or political beliefs questioned.

Same here
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#37]
It does look like a pot leaf, but that's no reason to stop someone.

I had a friend beat some minor charge because a cop actually admitted in front of the magistrate, that he only pulled my friend over because he saw Grateful Dead stickers on his car

Speed
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:56:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny how that works isn't it.

Not really. The department gets a cut of the money when they do a seizure. The drugs have to be destroyed. It's pretty obvious why things are done that way. It does illustrate the TWOD was never about the drugs though.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:57:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This happened to a friend of mine around the same area.  The police officer pulled the car over and stated that they were following too closely to another car...only there were no other cars around.  When asked which car they were following too closely, the police officer never gave a direct answer.  

The officer walked around the car with the K9 and stated that the dog had indicated the presence of marijuana.  The police officer then tore through the vehicle and did not find anything.  My friend never consented to the search, and when my friend asked to call an attorney, the police officer asked, "Why, you got something to hide?"

In the end, after an hour on the side of the road, the police did not find anything.  The police officer told my friend, "Next time, don't waste our time."  This appears to be a trend around Memphis area.

$$$$
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:57:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Doesn't surprize me last year I got pulled by a dumb ass NC State Trooper who claim I wasn't wearing my seat belt. He ask for my DL and I had to take off my seat belt to get to my wallet
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 9:59:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Fuck dopers.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:00:06 AM EDT
[#42]

thats what scares me, my dad is retired LEO and I have a few other family members.
Some cops are too stupid to do anything else.
I know there are some good ones out there but there are also some Barney Fifes.
I know thats the same in all occupations but these are positions of power.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:02:23 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Actually, it was in Tennessee.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:02:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

In the end, after an hour on the side of the road, the police did not find anything. The police officer told my friend, "Next time, don't waste our time."  This appears to be a trend around Memphis area.

After they said that to me I would have told them to go fuck themsleves
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:02:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I had a friend beat some minor charge because a cop actually admitted in front of the magistrate, that he only pulled my friend over because he saw Grateful Dead stickers on his car

Speed

Was the sticker on a Cadilac?
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:03:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
On I40 a major drug lane. Going in to and out of Memphis has troopers or police parked in the median and yes they will pull you over

Seems they are parked in the median every other mile.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:07:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Why would a respectable elderly couple know who pulled them over?

They get pulled over. In the rear view, is just the front of a car and flashing lights.
They are probably confused and nervous, they arent thinking, what agency is this? They just see a badge and a gun.

For crying out loud. Eveyone isnt some tactical operator.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:09:38 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any source for this?

I have a photo of the citation. It's on my work computer, Tuesday I'll upload it into photo bucket. I may have it somewhere on a slave drive at the house, if so I will get it uploaded in a couple of hours. The guy who got the ticket has the same bike as me, a red 08 Honda CBR-1000rr. He posted it on a sport bike forum. I saved the photo because it sounded too fucked-up to be true.

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:11:03 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

thats what scares me, my dad is retired LEO and I have a few other family members.

Some cops are too stupid to do anything else.

I know there are some good ones out there but there are also some Barney Fifes.

I know thats the same in all occupations but these are positions of power.

As I've got older I realized that, very simply, cops are just people

Sometimes, they'll make mistakes, and sometimes they'll do really good stuff.

A cop might be acting out of his own self interest, or acting as he's encouraged to by lesser cops, and at another time that same cop might do something incredibly heroic and selfless.
I got picked up for underage drinking at a party with about 10 other teenagers once. I told the cops I was underage and had been drinking thinking they'd write me a ticket and that would be that, but instead they drove us all down to the station where they showed us wrecked pieces of a car crash and, with tears in their eyes, told us about how they had to call the parents of the drunk teen drivers who had died a few days ago.

Then, the lead cop (sergeant maybe?) asked me if I was OK to drive some of the kids home. I had just told this same guy I had been drinking, not 30 mins ago after showing him my state ID (NOT a driver's license) I didn't even own a car

But, he wanted me to drive, so I drove this kid's car and got pulled over 2 miles from the police station, still buzzed

I told the cops that I had just left the police station and to call...they did and let us go home
So, I had a group of cops give me a genuinely heartfelt story encouraging us kids not to drink and drive; who then made me drive home a bunch of kids, drunk, w/ no license
Speed

Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:11:44 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Speed

Was the sticker on a Cadilac?

It was actually a minivan, but I like the reference

Speed

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top