Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/13/2013 4:56:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:56:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Netflix has it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:58:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I remember it. I can't remember the name. I think it was on when my daughter was little.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:58:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep. Loved it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:58:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I remember watching that as a kid. Back before cameras just following around whores and calling it "reality" tv.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:59:54 AM EDT
[#5]
"Not the momma!"
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:00:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah I remember it, didin't watch it though.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:00:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
"Not the momma!"

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:01:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Talking frogs?
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:01:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Jersey Shore?  Whats the big deal, didn't they only cancel it last year?

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:01:39 AM EDT
[#10]
"Time to get a new Timmy!"
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:02:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Ya been watching it on Netflix.  Called Dinosaurs.  Very dark ending to the series also
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:03:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Hell yea! One of my favorites on the T.G.I.F. line up.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:05:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ya been watching it on Netflix.  Called Dinosaurs.  Very dark ending to the series also

Yep, didn't see that shit coming. Was very puzzling at the time.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:07:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

refresh our memory..please
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:08:00 AM EDT
[#15]
"Honey, I'm home!"
Funny show!
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:09:00 AM EDT
[#16]
She was just a baby then, but that was Snooki's first job in the entertainment industry. Most people don't realize that.

She's all grown up now...

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:10:09 AM EDT
[#17]
One of my faves.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:10:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Yep I rember that show,cant rember what it was called though.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:11:06 AM EDT
[#19]
I remember it , but didnt watch it . . . . or Alf . . . or Erkl  . . . or Fresh Prince . . . . or much of anything popular in the 80's
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Asteroid ?

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:12:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Series finale
The series finale of Dinosaurs depicts the irresponsible actions of the dinosaurs toward their environment, and the ensuing Ice Age which leads to their demise. The episode "Changing Nature" begins with the failure of a swarm of Bunch Beetles to show up and devour a form of creeper vine. Charlene discovers that WESAYSO has constructed a wax fruit factory on the swampland that serves as the Bunch Beetles' breeding grounds, causing the extinction of the species (save for one male named Stan). Fearing a public relations fiasco more than any environmental threat, WESAYSO quickly puts Earl in charge of an attempt to destroy the vines, which have grown out of control without the beetles to keep them in check. Earl proposes spraying the planet with defoliant, which causes the destruction of the vines, but also kills off all plant life on the planet. Richfield assumes that the creation of clouds will bring rain, allowing the plants to grow back, and so decides to create clouds by dropping bombs in the planet's volcanoes to cause eruptions and cloud cover. The dark clouds instead cause global cooling, in the form of a gigantic cloudcover (simulating the effects of what the viewer would recognize as nuclear winter) that scientists estimate would take "tens of thousands of years" to dissipate. Richfield dismisses this as a cold snap and states that WESAYSO is currently producing blankets, heaters, and hot cocoa to help guarantee the dinosaurs' survival. Later, Earl apologizes to his family and Stan for his actions. The episode ends with Howard Handupme as he finishes his broadcast grimly saying "Good Night... Goodbye" to the audience.
The episode was a marked change from the series' normal humor. "Changing Nature" merited a special parental warning in TV Guide's listings during the week that it aired, cautioning that its subject matter might frighten or disturb younger viewers.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:16:41 AM EDT
[#21]

Reminded me of the Honey Boo Boo family photo
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:18:46 AM EDT
[#22]
I remember this show and it sucked back then and it still sucks now...
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:19:06 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Series finale
s n i p

I just checked , and that's an episode mid-way through season 4 .......not the finale , unless Netflix juggles the episodes around .

Gonna watch it just the same

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:19:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Series finale
The series finale of Dinosaurs depicts the irresponsible actions of the dinosaurs toward their environment, and the ensuing Ice Age which leads to their demise. The episode "Changing Nature" begins with the failure of a swarm of Bunch Beetles to show up and devour a form of creeper vine. Charlene discovers that WESAYSO has constructed a wax fruit factory on the swampland that serves as the Bunch Beetles' breeding grounds, causing the extinction of the species (save for one male named Stan). Fearing a public relations fiasco more than any environmental threat, WESAYSO quickly puts Earl in charge of an attempt to destroy the vines, which have grown out of control without the beetles to keep them in check. Earl proposes spraying the planet with defoliant, which causes the destruction of the vines, but also kills off all plant life on the planet. Richfield assumes that the creation of clouds will bring rain, allowing the plants to grow back, and so decides to create clouds by dropping bombs in the planet's volcanoes to cause eruptions and cloud cover. The dark clouds instead cause global cooling, in the form of a gigantic cloudcover (simulating the effects of what the viewer would recognize as nuclear winter) that scientists estimate would take "tens of thousands of years" to dissipate. Richfield dismisses this as a cold snap and states that WESAYSO is currently producing blankets, heaters, and hot cocoa to help guarantee the dinosaurs' survival. Later, Earl apologizes to his family and Stan for his actions. The episode ends with Howard Handupme as he finishes his broadcast grimly saying "Good Night... Goodbye" to the audience.
The episode was a marked change from the series' normal humor. "Changing Nature" merited a special parental warning in TV Guide's listings during the week that it aired, cautioning that its subject matter might frighten or disturb younger viewers.

So that's where Al Gore got his ideas from.

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:24:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Series finale

So that's where Al Gore got his ideas from.

Snicker
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:25:58 AM EDT
[#26]
My daughter, 3, managed to find that show on YouTube, only the Spanish version. I was like WTF are you watching?
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:27:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Briefly. Never watched it though.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:28:25 AM EDT
[#28]

Who doesn't remember Land Of The Lost.

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:28:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Agreed. Dinosaurs fucking sucked.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:31:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Dinosaurs version of Sesame Street

=

Baby was voiced and puppeteered by Kevin Clash, also known for Elmo on Sesame Street.
link to wiki

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:32:13 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

This!

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 5:39:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Not the momma!"

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 6:01:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 6:03:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Oh My God I wanted to punch that annoying dinosaur baby thing! Such a stupid show.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 6:03:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 6:05:36 AM EDT
[#36]
I watched it when I was younger. I remember the endlees commercial announcing the show's arrival and being kinda disappointed watching the first episode.

There is (was) an old oil tank and service station by my house with the Sinclair logo on it and I always thought it was neat, because of the show

Speed
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 6:12:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Not the Momma!
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 6:24:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 6:25:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Netflix has it.

My wife has tried to turn it on several times. I watch it and go . Entertainment when we were kids was quite different, eh Grin?
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 6:26:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Netflix has it.

My wife has tried to turn it on several times. I watch it and go . Entertainment when we were kids was quite different, eh Grin?

Indeed it was
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 6:28:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I watched it when I was younger. I remember the endlees commercial announcing the show's arrival and being kinda disappointed watching the first episode.
There is (was) an old oil tank and service station by my house with the Sinclair logo on it and I always thought it was neat, because of the show

Speed

I can't find the references now, but I've read that the name of the show's characters is homage to the oil company. The founder of the oil company was fascinated with dinosaurs, and the idea that oil came from dead dinos. He paid for paleontologist digs, and his sponsorship resulted in a lot of new fossil finds. That's how the company became associated with dinosaurs, and why a dinosaur became the emblem for the company.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 6:31:40 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Speed

I can't find the references now, but I've read that the name of the show's characters is homage to the oil company. The founder of the oil company was fascinated with dinosaurs, and the idea that oil came from dead dinos. He paid for paleontologist digs, and his sponsorship resulted in a lot of new fossil finds. That's how the company became associated with dinosaurs, and why a dinosaur became the emblem for the company.

I knew that.

That's interesting

Speed

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 6:37:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
"Not the momma!"

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 6:42:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Yep.  It was not on long.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 6:45:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Im fairly sure the quote is:
"we're going to need another Timmy!"
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 6:47:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im fairly sure the quote is:
"we're going to need another Timmy!"

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 6:53:01 AM EDT
[#47]
That show was actually the first thing I thought of when I read the thread title.

And yea, it sucked
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 6:57:01 AM EDT
[#48]
"I'm the Baby, gotta love me!"
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 7:07:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Yes. It was stupid.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 7:17:11 AM EDT
[#50]
The baby looks like Honey Boo Boo
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top