Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 11:17:24 AM EDT
[#1]

Bound happen, next up wholesale Blue and Gold Crews in every vessel.

Link Posted: 2/6/2013 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#2]
FSA wins again.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 11:20:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Slamming members of Congress as irresponsible, Panetta said lawmakers are willing to push the country off a fiscal cliff to damage their opposing political parties.
He said that if Congress doesn't pass a budget the Pentagon will have to absorb $46 billion in spending reductions in this fiscal year and will face a $35 billion shortfall in operating expenses.

Mostly theatrical posturing to bash congress.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 11:22:57 AM EDT
[#4]
This was Obama's idea.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 11:30:39 AM EDT
[#5]
The Air Force warned that it would cut operations at various missile defense radar sites from 24 hours to eight hours.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 11:36:32 AM EDT
[#6]
wonder what they are going to do with it, just let it sit and rust
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The Air Force warned that it would cut operations at various missile defense radar sites from 24 hours to eight hours.

Ummm...

What does that mean?
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#8]
In other news, golf courses on AF bases will now have expanded hours.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/6/2013 11:39:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I heard they were trying to outsource the deployment to India.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummm...

What does that mean?

It means, comrade, you will have a launch window of 16 hours......
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 11:40:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Same ole Same  ole. Why is anyone shocked.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 11:44:01 AM EDT
[#13]
That's some crazy shit.....
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 11:45:07 AM EDT
[#14]
This could not possibly give comfort to our enemies.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 11:47:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummm...

What does that mean?

Somehow I think they will not shut them all down for the same 16 hours.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 11:51:31 AM EDT
[#16]

Is this a true story? How many deployments have been canceled ever since we had a Navy?
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 11:51:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Slamming members of Congress as irresponsible, Panetta said lawmakers are willing to push the country off a fiscal cliff to damage their opposing political parties.

He said that if Congress doesn't pass a budget the Pentagon will have to absorb $46 billion in spending reductions in this fiscal year and will face a $35 billion shortfall in operating expenses.

Mostly theatrical posturing to bash congress.
Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

yep.

Link Posted: 2/6/2013 11:52:13 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

In before sylvan.

Link Posted: 2/6/2013 11:54:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In before sylvan.  

Fiance ( who is on the U.S.S. Stennis) says that the Stennis is the ONLY battle group out right now. That out of i think 10 carriers.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 11:54:14 AM EDT
[#20]
This is just Obama playing chicken with the GOP. You can't tell me that there is not other stuff that could be cut. They are going to make a big deal about cutting "important" stuff, to make the crisis seem worst.
Hope the fucker swerves right into the ditch.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 11:54:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Each and every one of those fucksticks in DC is to blame.  I'm so sick of this partisan bullshit coloring even the most fundamental of govermental responsibilities.  Is it really going to be 4 more years of this log-jam shit?
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 11:55:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
wonder what they are going to do with it, just let it sit and rust

Knowing the folks we have running the zoo they may sell it to China. Who knows maybe they already own it
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 11:58:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In before sylvan.  

Fiance ( who is on the U.S.S. Stennis) says that the Stennis is the ONLY battle group out right now. That out of i think 10 carriers.

The Navy updates this periodically:
http://www.navy.mil/navydata/nav_legacy.asp?id=146

Link Posted: 2/6/2013 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ummm...

What does that mean?

What specific sites?

Link Posted: 2/6/2013 12:00:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Is this a true story? How many deployments have been canceled ever since we had a Navy?

None of the ones I was scheduled for
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 12:00:22 PM EDT
[#26]
America gets the govt it elects.

Link Posted: 2/6/2013 12:01:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Sequestration is 100% win for the democraps:

• They eliminate a large group of Republican voters (80% of those who will lose their jobs vote Republican)

• The money saved from military operations can be given to the FSA to buy more votes

Link Posted: 2/6/2013 12:01:57 PM EDT
[#28]
There's an obvious war being fought against anyone on the right - this being another major step.

Where and when will the line be drawn?

Link Posted: 2/6/2013 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Bet those families are happy but the bigger story is its not just the carrier. No carrier goes out alone. An entire air wing and strike group is no longer pulling out. I would bet close to 10k people not deploying now.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 12:35:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 12:42:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummm...

What does that mean?

You have your chance.

FIRST STRIKE!!!

Do you feel lucky?

Seriously, am I the only guy wondering why we still even spend money manning "missile defense radar sites" 24/7?

Link Posted: 2/6/2013 12:48:29 PM EDT
[#32]
The FSA said ... "No, the buck stops here"
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 1:00:00 PM EDT
[#33]
They'll cut the OPTEMPO of the forward forces, support equipment, and pay/benefits, BUT they won't cut acquisition of high $$$ pet projects like the problem plagued F-35.  Too many jobs at risk in some senators district if that were to happen.  The jackasses on the hill NEVER give a shit about the troops in the field unless there's a photo op. involved that can help them get re-elected, then they're all waving the flag and sporting yellow ribbons.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 1:17:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Brinkmanship. We will suffer for it. The mentally ill and criminals are running the government.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Seriously, am I the only guy wondering why we still even spend money manning "missile defense radar sites" 24/7?

Is that a serious fucking question?
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 1:23:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that a serious fucking threat?

One that can't be handled remotely, if so?
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 1:25:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Holy fuck.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 1:26:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The short answer is that there is only one threat to the U.S. that is truly existential, and operates in a 30-60 minute time decision envelope.

Everything else the DoD is doing is just nice-to-have, at the end of the day, and its dependent upon our strategic deterrence posture.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 1:27:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
In other news, golf courses on AF bases will now have expanded hours.
Quoted:

You of course know that golf course operations are paid for with non-appropriated funds generated by their own operations.  But that won't stop you from being "clever".  
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 1:27:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummm...

What does that mean?

We don't have that kind of redundancy.

AF cannot be serious.
AF shouldn't even have that authority.
That is STRATCOM's decision.  If it isn't, AF is worse than I thought.

Link Posted: 2/6/2013 1:30:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The short answer is that there is only one threat to the U.S. that is truly existential, and operates in a 30-60 minute time decision envelope.

Everything else the DoD is doing is just nice-to-have, at the end of the day, and its dependent upon our strategic deterrence posture.

What ever happened to wargaming by putting yourself in the enemy's shoes?

And, you didn't answer my question.  If responding to a nuclear strike within 30 minutes is so important, why can't we do that remotely?  How many stations do we have to man?  Enough to destroy how many cities how many times?
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

AF cannot be serious.

There has to be to this.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 1:33:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What ever happened to wargaming by putting yourself in the enemy's shoes?

And, you didn't answer my question.  If responding to a nuclear strike within 30 minutes is so important, why can't we do that remotely?  How many stations do we have to man?  Enough to destroy how many cities how many times?

Man in the loop is critical when it comes to ending the world as we know it.

seriously, this is bigger than any CAS bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In before sylvan.  

The Navy updates this periodically:
http://www.navy.mil/navydata/nav_legacy.asp?id=146

Back a few weeks or maybe a month when we were discussing all the CVN's in Norfolk & Newport News, the Stennis group was the only one out. Lemme see if I can dig up the map.

Link Posted: 2/6/2013 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummm...

What does that mean?

You have your chance.

FIRST STRIKE!!!

Do you feel lucky?

Yes.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 1:36:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy fuck.

Thought you'd enjoy that.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 1:36:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Dem free gubmint cell phone gots to get paid for somehow.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 1:37:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummm...

What does that mean?

AF cannot be serious.

In my experience the difference between STRATCOM and the USAF is small indeed.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 1:37:13 PM EDT
[#50]

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top