User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 5:47:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
WTF?
I thought we were exchanging equipment here, not having a general discussion.
So why was this thread moved and basically taken to dormant status?

I have no idea, and I don't see a message saying where it was from.

I think it was from the AR accessories in the EE.
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 5:47:35 PM EDT
[#2]
It was, I vote to move it back.
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 6:01:41 PM EDT
[#3]
As do I, and EE AR accessories is where it came from.
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I had to post where it used to be (misc and accessories),  asking where it was and someone gave me the link, It says it's now in the general under general discussion but I don;t see it.   now a hidden thread) LOL.........
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 6:50:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Totally ridiculous that this thread was moved.  God forbid a thread that is dedicated to giving stuff for free gets bumped a few times a day in the EE.  May as well just lock it now since no one knows where to even find it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 7:23:34 PM EDT
[#6]
It came from EE under accessories and misc...
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 8:17:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Did any of you ever think that when you started this, that every reply you post in it,  pushed someone elses ad lower?

Just like my post did now.

That's probably why it got moved. You were actually vilolating EE rule 15 every time some one posted in it. Some of the guys that posted here, should know better.

Do you really think your pay it forward is excempt from the rules in the EE?
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 9:08:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Did any of you ever think that when you started this, that every reply you post in it,  pushed someone elses ad lower?

That's probably why it got moved. You were actually vilolating EE rule 15 every time some one posted in it. Some of the guys that posted here, should know better.

Whatever

Link Posted: 1/10/2013 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Mods, is there any way that this could be a permanent Thread? That would alleviate all the EE violations. There also needs to be some governing because I've seen this work really really well on other sites  and I've also seen people take a 100.00 item and offer up a 4.00 item in exchange. I love the idea, I would just hate to see it get out of hand and banned. Just my 2 cents..
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 4:43:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Mods, is there any way that this could be a permanent Thread? That would alleviate all the EE violations. There also needs to be some governing because I've seen this work really really well on other sites  and I've also seen people take a 100.00 item and offer up a 4.00 item in exchange. I love the idea, I would just hate to see it get out of hand and banned. Just my 2 cents..

I agree, awesome thread but needs to be in the EE. Sticky? Let's keep it going! This thread is awesome.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 4:54:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You know, there is a permanent thread of this very nature in the Team subforum...
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 7:11:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Actually yes, absolutely, I did.

Its one thread. Exempting one thread based on the premise of this particular thread and the idea that no matter how many times it is bumped only pushes any other ad one line lower (and no additional lines lower once this one is above that other ad) makes me feel that it would be fine for this thread to be exempt, and it seemed to have been that way for days. It isn't like the mods just noticed it all the sudden. Put it in WTT instead of accessories, pin it, create a true "Pay It Forward with Free Items" thread, whatever, but yes, I think that especially in this current market a thread with folks willing to give something for nothing is worthy of some slack.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 7:31:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No it doesn't: if it is bumped 1000 times a day, all ads stay in the same place-
That's logical

I understand that this (ARF) is not public domaine but did the moderator/admin ever think of posting in the topic to ask for suggestions? Or ask the OP what he thinks about a move?

With everyone praying on the hysteria of current events, this thread is truly REFRESHING.
I mean, BCG's selling for $300-$350-$375 when on line storefronts still have them for $115.00 (won't mention names here in fear of violating another rule)

Tack this thread on the top of Misc AR parts.
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/11/2013 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I thought classifieds in GD were bad?

Huh.

Either way, up for grabs is:

-Standard A2 front sight modified for set screws, with the gas tube tapped and a round HG cap attached.  Perfect for mock dissy setup using traditional HG's.
-CAR hg's
-Matech rear buis (I think it's a matech, or a clone). Ugly but works. MATECH TAKEN

Don't really need much, but if anyone has some bolt small parts (Firing pin(s), cam pin(s), I'd be all over it.  I wouldn't be pissed about one of those gold plated 30rd mags either!  

If you want 'em, just email me.  Better than PM.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 11:28:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Too bad this doesn't have exposure anymore.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 1:13:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes it is.  I don't even own an AR (I like my AKs) and thought this was refreshing to see.

Some good ideas were thrown out there, so hopefully the mods find a good spot for it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 2:03:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Huh.

-Standard A2 front sight modified for set screws, with the gas tube tapped and a round HG cap attached.  Perfect for mock dissy setup using traditional HG's.
-CAR hg's
-Matech rear buis (I think it's a matech, or a clone). Ugly but works. MATECH TAKEN

Don't really need much, but if anyone has some bolt small parts (Firing pin(s), cam pin(s), I'd be all over it.  I wouldn't be pissed about one of those gold plated 30rd mags either!  

I'll take the matech. In return I have a bcm m4 stock body(gen 2) for anyone who wants it. Please pm me.

Stock is spoken for.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 2:06:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh.

-CAR hg's

I'll take the matech. In return I have a bcm m4 stock body(gen 2) for anyone who wants it. Please pm me.

Email replied to.  Still have the set screw A2.

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Bump for the night crew.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 10:37:14 AM EDT
[#21]
It is really sad that as soon as this thread got moved it essentially died.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It is really sad that as soon as this thread got moved it essentially died.

It would be nice if it could be tacked in the want to trade section.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 6:27:45 PM EDT
[#23]
agreed
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 7:01:37 PM EDT
[#25]
It never started as a trading thread, it was a "you grab something, and put something up for someone else to grab" thread.

I'm guessing you already know Aimless's view on it?
I PM'd aimless, hopefully he'll post up
Link Posted: 1/14/2013 3:40:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Aimless, what do you think of this thread?
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 9:08:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Guess this thread is basically dead.

It a shame cause I had a few things to put up here.  Here they are anyway:

Used RRA 1" scope mount.  (been painted twice)
New MFT FDE VFG (does not have the packaging)
Railed bayonet lug adapter (attaches to your bayonet lug, great for lights of bipods)
Mucked up std. barrel nut (the internal threads have issues, use at your own risk!)

I could use a set of M4 handguards.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 9:13:32 AM EDT
[#28]
message sent for scope mount
I'll see what I got
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 9:37:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Would like:
Railed bayonet lug adapter (attaches to your bayonet lug, great for lights of bipods)

Offering up Thermold 20 round mag
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 4:43:59 AM EDT
[#30]
So much potential..........
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 6:11:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Would like:

Offering up Thermold 20 round mag

I will take the thermold mag.  IM sent
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#32]
xxxxxxxxxx
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 5:21:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Does anyone out there have a used charge handle, not so much even to give me but to sell me cheap?  I will trade a tapered delta ring pack (ring, weld spring, snap ring, and barrel nut)  to one...............  To get delta ring pack you must trade me a charge handle.

and that's why it got moved to GD.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:16:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Does anyone out there have a used charge handle, not so much even to give me but to sell me cheap?  I will trade a tapered delta ring pack (ring, weld spring, snap ring, and barrel nut)  to one...............  To get delta ring pack you must trade me a charge handle.

This is not how the concept works.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:55:26 PM EDT
[#35]
I personally think moving this to GD sucks. If the Admin doesn't want to deal with potential issues, don't- I think the original post is "rules" enough. If you feel hurt, pull up your panties and move on. I personally have no issue with someone offering their MagPul paint-ball gun sights up for grabs. There are plenty of guys who can't afford a MBUIS set and would be plenty satisfied with them. I don't see how anyone can feel that they got screwed? This is a thread to give your extra parts away with the understanding that you must put up parts you don't need for the acceptance of the parts you DO NEED.
Either way, this thread is shot, it won't get moved by popular demand.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:11:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Still up for grabs

A  new set of black carbine length handguards with heat shields and a new A2 grip plus a couple of 4-40 setscrews for the takedown pin mod and a 4-40 tap

ETA: carbine handguards and A2 grip taken by 67ray
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 4:59:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Let me say that my post may be an example of why the post got moved BUT it was not psted until AFTER it got moved so I was not the reason it got moved. If something wants to give something in exchange for something ele, there should be a post thread for it. Just my opinion, but don't blame me for the move........

Strnge thing about this thread is that it does not show in the general discssion list of threads, even when a new poster puts a reply on. Has it been placed somewhere else other than the location it has been labeled as being put in.

Let us know something moderators............
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 6:18:25 PM EDT
[#39]
M
O
V
E

T
H
I
S

T
H
R
E
A
D

W
H
E
R
E

I
T

C
A
N

B
E

U
S
E
D

P
L
E
A
S
E

T
H
A
N
K

Y
O
U
T
H
E

U
S
E
R
S
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
M
O
V
E

T
H
I
S

T
H
R
E
A
D

W
H
E
R
E

I
T

C
A
N

B
E

U
S
E
D

P
L
E
A
S
E

T
H
A
N
K

Y
O
U
T
H
E

U
S
E
R
S

Well then, this has turned out about how I expected it would when it got moved.  

Aimless let us have a damn PIF thread in the EE please.  

Rules -  Take something, leave something.  No bitching. No whining.  NO TRADING IN THE THREAD.  No random comment posts, post a take, post a give, keep the comments to IM's.

btw... quoted post is pretty childish and annoying.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 6:49:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 6:54:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#43]
So can we get on with this or what?  I've grown tired of looking at all the overpriced everything.  This was the only thread I got excited to look at.  I have quite a few things I wouldn't mind tossing in the mix.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 5:58:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:

What exactly do the users  have in mind?

Will everyone be able to stick strictly to AR accessories, or will it end up being broadened to any firearm related parts?

The nature of this thread kinda precludes it from EE "WTS or WTT" forums. It doesn't quite make sense in Group Buys either.
That pretty much leaves Everything Else or C&Q.... neither of which is a perfect fit.

This is harder than it may seem. It'll be larger than a group buy, and there will be many more people involved. I will not be able to accept negative feedback in case some weasel decides to screw you; IOW, you'll have to be willing to post goods you can afford to lose.
The only thing I can think of is asking GoatBoy to make an EE sub-forum specifically for this.

It was working great right where it was originally. Don't fix what Ain't broke.

ETA: although with the new EE method to bumping, it may not work well without a tack anyway.
Here is another PIF that popped up recently, in the same original category, and it is not doing so well.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_25/1114032_Pay_it_Forward_Thread___Miscellaneous_Stuff.html&page=1&anc=bottom#bottom
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top