Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/28/2012 2:29:51 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience with Desert Tactical in LV NV?
I'm having some issues with an order I placed 4 weeks ago (before the madness) and I can't get any response from them. They basically shipped my package to the wrong address/town/state and I haven't seen my order. The USPS delivery confirmation info they sent said it was delivered to FL...problem since I live in VA. I've since bought the stuff somewhere else since it was a Christmas present.
I've tried to contact them several times with no luck. Just seeing if others have had similar issues.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 4:39:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Update,

I've sent them 10 emails since 13 Dec without reply. I called in late Dec and spoke to someone who said he would look into it but I have received no response. I've tried calling back multiple times and no one answers.

I brought this issue to their attention prior to the panic so that's no excuse. They have my money and I don't have what I ordered. Some dude in Ruskin FL has it.

Needless to say, I'll never use Desert Tactical again.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 4:45:31 PM EDT
[#2]
That sucks man, sorry to hear it. I'll add them to my ever growing list of places to avoid. Sad part is it takes someone getting screwed like this to get the heads up.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#3]
You bought it with a credit card right? Dispute the charges.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 4:50:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

That's my next COA

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I was just going to ask/suggest this
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 4:56:27 PM EDT
[#6]
From their website:

"We normally answer emails very quickly unless we are out of the office
for some reason. We try to reply within 1 hour but please allow up to 24
hours for us to get back to you."

Well, that's bullshit.

"Our goal is that you are completely satisfied with your purchase"

I Don't believe you!
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 5:06:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a bad experience with them back in the 2008 madness.  I eventually had to do a chargeback on them and never got any response throughout.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 5:10:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Chargeback and be done with them
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 5:10:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Call your cc company, you gave them way more chances to make it right than I would have.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 5:12:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 5:14:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Got the dude's address in FL...? Have you tried contacting him...?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:41:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Got the dude's address in FL...? Have you tried contacting him...?

All the delivery conf info gives is city and state. Believe me, I would have tried that first.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 2:46:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Anyone have any experience with Desert Tactical in LV NV?

I'm having some issues with an order I placed 4 weeks ago (before the madness) and I can't get any response from them. They basically shipped my package to the wrong address/town/state and I haven't seen my order. The USPS delivery confirmation info they sent said it was delivered to FL...problem since I live in VA. I've since bought the stuff somewhere else since it was a Christmas present.

I've tried to contact them several times with no luck. Just seeing if others have had similar issues.

Charge back.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:11:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Never allow the USPS to ship anything you actually want to receive.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:19:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This.  It would not surprise me if your package just randomly shows up one day.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:48:12 AM EDT
[#16]
They sound pretty sympathetic.
READ CAREFULLY: DO NOT CALL OR SHOP HERE FOR PMAG OR HIGH CAP MAGAZINES, WE SOLD OUT. YOU SNOOZE, YOU LOSE. YOU SHOULD'VE ORDERED IN SEPTEMBER WHEN WE WERE SITTING ON 20,000 OF THEM! IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR MAGS OR OTHER PARTS PLEASE CLICK THAT LITTLE IN THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER OF YOUR BROWSER.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:52:31 AM EDT
[#17]
You have a limited amount of time to dispute a CC charge, you need to do it now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:57:34 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm 200 miles from Vegas or I would give you a hand. You might post in the NVHTF for some assistance.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 4:59:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
READ CAREFULLY: DO NOT CALL OR SHOP HERE FOR PMAG OR HIGH CAP MAGAZINES, WE SOLD OUT. YOU SNOOZE, YOU LOSE. YOU SHOULD'VE ORDERED IN SEPTEMBER WHEN WE WERE SITTING ON 20,000 OF THEM! IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR MAGS OR OTHER PARTS PLEASE CLICK THAT LITTLE IN THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER OF YOUR BROWSER.

They sound like real winners in the customer service department
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:28:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I will heed their advice and not shop there then.

Fucking douche attitude. This fury will die down. Hope their customer base remembers their attitude then.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:46:32 AM EDT
[#21]
They'll learn the hard way.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:13:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

You have a limited amount of time to dispute a CC charge, you need to do it now.

Initiated...we'll see what happens.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:26:57 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Wow, that is a pretty douchie attitude to take.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:29:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, that is a pretty douchie attitude to take.  

I agree, pretty douchie attitude. Makes me wonder what the owner's arfcom id is.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:36:06 AM EDT
[#25]
A couple Christmases ago my wife ordered a couple moral patches from them for me. They never showed up. I called and left emails for a month and NEVER got a response from them.

They are always vendors at Phoenix gun shows so I made sure to find them and ask about the patches.

His response "Those things are stupid. I stopped selling them a long time ago." Nothing else. Well then take them off your website and respond when someone places an order and you never ship it!

The guy is a tier 1 douche who has zero customer service skills.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:51:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
From their website:

"We normally answer emails very quickly unless we are out of the office for some reason. We try to reply within 1 hour but please allow up to 24 hours for us to get back to you."

Well, that's bullshit.

I Don't believe you!

go post on snipers hide asking for clarity. be polite and they will respond and help you as soon as possible.
if you have not noticed... there is a bit of a crunch going on with anything firearm related.
give them time and they will make it right
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:04:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
From their website:

"We normally answer emails very quickly unless we are out of the office for some reason. We try to reply within 1 hour but please allow up to 24 hours for us to get back to you."

Well, that's bullshit.

I Don't believe you!

go post on snipers hide asking for clarity. be polite and they will respond and help you as soon as possible.
if you have not noticed... there is a bit of a crunch going on with anything firearm related.

Is it too much to ask that they should respond to direct emails and phone calls?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:13:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
From their website:

Well, that's bullshit.

I Don't believe you!

Is it too much to ask that they should respond to direct emails and phone calls?

not at all but if the OP wants a response, go post on snipershide.com.
they have a employee or two over there who frequent the forum.
or just contest the CC charge and be done with it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:21:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
From their website:

Well, that's bullshit.

I Don't believe you!

Well that's some bullshit. They can hang out on a forum all day and respond but can't respond to company emails at their place of business? I'm sorry but nobody is "that busy" that they can't reply back to this guys emails for a month.

OP, do a charge back and make sure you post your story on every forum and every time their company comes up in a conversation.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:26:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
From their website:

Well, that's bullshit.

I Don't believe you!

Nope...  probably won't go that way at all.  Every thread I've seen on the Hide where someone posts something like this, there is a dogpile on the OP and he's made to look like the bad guy.  That is one thing I *DON"T* like about that place... the Thought Police that work there.

John
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:43:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
From their website:

Well, that's bullshit.

I Don't believe you!

Nope...  probably won't go that way at all.  Every thread I've seen on the Hide where someone posts something like this, there is a dogpile on the OP and he's made to look like the bad guy.  That is one thing I *DON"T* like about that place... the Thought Police that work there.

John

it all depends on how you approach it. if you start off ranting, yea people will dogpile.
a mistake was made. they need to have it reshipped or re routed.
hell, DTA may not even to blame here. ship tens of thousands of boxes by UPS a year and sometimes it gets sent all over the country before it reaches the destination. is this probable? no, possible? yes.

i dont work for DTA so i dont much care what happens with the OP, im just giving options as to how to get a hold of DTA
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:51:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Do a google search. There are complaints about them all over the web going back 5 years.

Do a charge back now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:53:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Wtf, just do a chargeback.  Posting here accomplishes nothing.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:01:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

this. i love threads that trash vendors, and when the vendor does rectify it, the OP's never seem to update their threads.
its incredibly simple to fix this problem, a new ship label from the store it is at now, to the store it should have gone to.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:01:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This. Why get wrapped around the fucking axle about something like this. Call your credit card company, get your money back, the dickhole company loses their merch they sent to the wrong address and your money, you move on and do not pop a blood vessel.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:10:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Fuck that nonsense. OP has already tried to call and emailed them with zero response -- why should he have to track them down to another forum? OP has also given them over a month to respond, that's more than enough time.

Charge back that shit hole company.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:18:08 AM EDT
[#37]
How does a company like that stay in business?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:22:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  It would not surprise me if your package just randomly shows up one day.

I've had packages that had been confirmed delivered to a different county show up on my doorstep.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:26:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Soooo they are pretty much like 95% of gun stores in the country. Lol.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:38:08 AM EDT
[#40]
having similar issue with them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:47:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:22:47 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

From their website:

Well, that's bullshit.

I Don't believe you!

John

it all depends on how you approach it. if you start off ranting, yea people will dogpile.

hell, DTA may not even to blame here. ship tens of thousands of boxes by UPS a year and sometimes it gets sent all over the country before it reaches the destination. is this probable? no, possible? yes.

i dont work for DTA so i dont much care what happens with the OP, im just giving options as to how to get a hold of DTA

Not talking about DTA. Desert Tactical Arms in UT is not the same as Desert Tactical in NV

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:26:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
From their website:

Well, that's bullshit.

I Don't believe you!

John

Not talking about DTA. Desert Tactical Arms in UT is not the same as Desert Tactical in NV

aaah well this makes more sense.
as the DTA i am talking about have a great product and would be idiotic to not fix any issues like this ASAP
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:27:53 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

this. i love threads that trash vendors, and when the vendor does rectify it, the OP's never seem to update their threads.

its incredibly simple to fix this problem, a new ship label from the store it is at now, to the store it should have gone to.

Actually it accomplishes quite a bit. It prevents others from wasting their time and money on shitty vendors. Doing a little bit of research, this appears to be common for this company.

ETA: Yeah it isnt Desert Tactical Arms, those guys are top notch.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:32:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Everyone here needs to send them an email telling them they have heard they are crooks, I did.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:33:34 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

It serves as a warning to others.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:35:24 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This. Why get wrapped around the fucking axle about something like this. Call your credit card company, get your money back, the dickhole company loses their merch they sent to the wrong address and your money, you move on and do not pop a blood vessel.
Giving them over a month to reply and posting about their lack of service is hardly getting wrapped around the fucking axle.

I initiated a charge back this AM. No blood vessels popped here.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:39:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Bullshit, if they get a thousand emails from people saying they have heard they are screwing people over it WILL  get their attention.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:46:30 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullshit, if they get a thousand emails from people saying they have heard they are screwing people over it WILL  get their attention.

You're assuming they actually read their emails. I have 11 unreplied-to emails that say they don't even know how to log into an email account.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:49:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm 200 miles from Vegas or I would give you a hand. You might post in the NVHTF for some assistance.

I cant find the address on their webpage.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top