Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 12/26/2012 7:11:53 PM EDT
Troy Industries Issues Statement Regarding Dick’s Sporting Goods Suspension of MSR Sales
Troy Industries issued this statement earlier today regarding the decision by big box store Dick’s Sporting Goods to abruptly suspend sales of Modern Sporting Rifles after the tragic shooting in Newtown, CT earlier this month.

Troy Defense (Troy), a division a Troy Industries, Inc., was deeply dismayed and shocked to hear through national media outlets that Dick’s Sporting Goods (DSG) made the decision to stop selling the Troy Carbine along with other modern sporting rifles. DSG did not contact or inform Troy of this decision prior to notifying the public. Nor was Troy informed by DSG that cancellation letters were being sent to customers, set to arrive on Christmas Eve (a day Troy was closed).

Troy has invested millions of dollars in its facility and operations to bring its first ever modern sporting rifle to the market under an exclusive contract with DSG. In selecting DSG as the sole distributor of the Troy Carbine, Troy relied on DSG’s high sales forecasts and sales potential prior to undertaking the significant financial and corporate commitment necessary to design, develop, manufacture and bring a new modern sporting rifle to the marketplace. Based on DSG’s press release, DSG’s anti-gun stance is clear – DSG will not continue modern sporting rifle sales and Troy will sadly not see its Carbine readily available — despite the outlay of millions of dollars by Troy and its commitment to support DSG in its distribution efforts.

Troy is currently researching other channels to ensure continuous and consistent distribution for its rifles. But please note, Troy’s pricing to DSG was based upon volume sales. It is unlikely that pricing to any other outlet in the future will support the pricing granted to DSG. Troy understands the anger of certain DSG customers whose purchases have been cancelled – you got a great price from DSG. However, Troy, itself, cannot come anywhere close to offering the Carbine at the price DSG was offering it. DSG devalued and diluted Troy’s brand when it offered for sale the Carbine at a steeply discounted price during Thanksgiving week. As a result of the sale price set by DSG, DSG oversold and overpromised its inventory. Nonetheless, the current ill-will could have been avoided had DSG not terminated modern sporting rifle sales, promptly canceled overpromised orders, and forthrightly communicated with Troy.

Troy is hopeful that it will soon identify a new distribution channel for its Carbine. We ask for your patience and support during this difficult and transitory time.

Best regards,

Stephen Troy
CEO & Founder
The Troy Group
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Troy should sue the fuck out of dicks.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:14:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Dicks has balls.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:14:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Breach of contract lawsuit forthcoming?
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:14:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Fuck Dick's.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:14:50 PM EDT
[#5]
As far as press releases go, that one's pretty scathing.

No "unfortunate incidents", or "wish them the best", or "we understand their viewpoints."  Nope, it pretty much reads "Hey folks, we apologize but Dick's fucked us both royally and they can be encased in a dick-lined cube for it."
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Fuck Dick's.  

In this case it is   FUCKED BY DICKS

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:16:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Dicks has balls.

Could all of these events produced by DSG's COs be an elaborate plot for people to make dick jokes?
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:17:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Dick fucking!
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Troy is stupid as shit to align itself with that jokeof a company in the first place
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:18:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck Dicks. They should be called "ASSHOLES"
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Troy should have saw this coming?

Get into bed with Dicks and all you get is screwed
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:19:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Fuck 'em, sell the rifle through other channels. Demand is high right now.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:19:51 PM EDT
[#13]
If Troy can get those rifles redistributed soon, they'll have no problem selling and making money off them.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:21:09 PM EDT
[#14]
If there is a written contract, then it sounds like a slam-dunk lawsuit.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:22:16 PM EDT
[#15]
That sucks...however I bet Troy won't have any trouble clearing it's inventory...put me down for 1...but seriously have extra in stock I will buy one.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:22:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Dicks has balls.

My avatar said fuck
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#17]
More for US, Hurray!
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:22:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Wonder if Troy is bound by the agreement to NOT sell that rifle through other sources...
Also, what is the price difference that Troy would show by moving from such a large outlet to smaller dealers?
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:23:30 PM EDT
[#19]

DSG devalued and diluted Troy’s brand when it offered for sale the
Carbine at a steeply discounted price during Thanksgiving week. As a
result of the sale price set by DSG, DSG oversold and overpromised its
inventory
Am I to interpret that Dicks used the Troy carbines as a loss leader? And when revenues did not meet expectations, Dicks used Newtown as an excuse to cancel money-losing backordered carbines?

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:23:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:25:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:25:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
As far as press releases go, that one's pretty scathing.

No "unfortunate incidents", or "wish them the best", or "we understand their viewpoints."  Nope, it pretty much reads "Hey folks, we apologize but Dick's fucked us both royally and they can be encased in a dick-lined cube for it."

They should have added in that "Dick's lived up to their name and screwed their customers and us."

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:26:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I sure we can organize a group buy...
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:27:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

+1
I hope they do.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:27:08 PM EDT
[#25]
DSG can suck a fat one!! They recently opened several new stores here in the OKC metro. I walked into one. Walked back by the firearms section and promptly left the store never to return.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

If there is a written contract, then it sounds like a slam-dunk lawsuit.

you expect a leftist judge to have that view?

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:28:37 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

DSG devalued and diluted Troy’s brand when it offered for sale the Carbine at a steeply discounted price during Thanksgiving week. As a result of the sale price set by DSG, DSG oversold and overpromised its inventory
Am I to interpret that Dicks used the Troy carbines as a loss leader? And when revenues did not meet expectations, Dicks used Newtown as an excuse to cancel money-losing backordered carbines?

Thats exactly what I read. Trade a tragedy for an escape pod from loss.

I would think there is a possibility-  (Troy having right lawyers + lost customers over fucking)= Dicks wont stay in business long.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:28:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
DSG devalued and diluted Troy’s brand when it offered for sale the Carbine at a steeply discounted price during Thanksgiving week. As a result of the sale price set by DSG, DSG oversold and overpromised its inventory

That's what it sounds like to me.  Cock's sold far too many Troy Carbines, someone in accounting said 'HOLY SHIT!  We lost our ass, we need to bail out of this, NOW."  And they got what they needed.

I think there is a market for a Troy Carbine, we just have to forget the stupidly low price that Cock's was selling it for.  Make that inventory available through RSR, Davidson's or another other distributor, and it will sell, panic-buying aside.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Troy is currently researching other channels to ensure continuous and consistent distribution for its rifles. But please note, Troy’s pricing to DSG was based upon volume sales. It is unlikely that pricing to any other outlet in the future will support the pricing granted to DSG.

Ok, Troy got a raw deal, but I call BS on this.  All the other manufacturers do just fine without big box representation.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:29:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Force majeure?
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:29:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Sounds like Troy got cockblocked something awful.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:30:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
They're dicks! reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And Troy have been pussies. And Dicks customers are assholes. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!

I read that in Bullet Tooth Tony's voice.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:31:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:31:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Troy is stupid as shit to align itself with that jokeof a company in the first place

Agreed.  Dicks is far from the place I think of for guns, much less black rifles.

Fuck them for pulling black rifles, and double fuck them for screwing over Troy.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#35]
What a fucking shame.

ETA-Fuck Dick's.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:32:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wonder if Troy is bound by the agreement to NOT sell that rifle through other sources...
Also, what is the price difference that Troy would show by moving from such a large outlet to smaller dealers?

Doesn't matter now, because Cock's has broken any contract they had with Troy.

I'm sure that Troy could recoup, and grow, any volume it lost from the Cock's deal by going to a few major distributors.  Offer a Mail In Rebate for a free six pack of Troy Mags as a re-introductory offer, and BOOM!
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:32:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like Troy got cockblocked something awful.

Winner.

Of that giveaway thingy? And I didn't even need a number.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:32:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Hopefully Troy gets their investment money returned to them before they even sell a rifle.

Fuck Dicks. Ill never set foot in another one.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:32:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Is it possible for AR15 to team up with them and do a pre-order or group buy?  Seriously, we could buy up a shit ton of them.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:33:21 PM EDT
[#40]

Guess I won't be shopping there anymore.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:33:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Sell all of us that have a DIcks receipt a rifle for the price paid to Dicks and now refunded and they'll have no problem recouping the money they invested in their facility. Im pretty sure that I saw the price Dicks paid after they fucked my order up when they wrung it up at $650 ish and credited my account a couple times before they got it all figured out. If thats the price Dicks paid then I'm pretty sure they'll sell the shit out of them at $800
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:33:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Is it possible for AR15 to team up with them and do a pre-order or group buy?  Seriously, we could buy up a shit ton of them.

Oooh, I like this idea.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:34:06 PM EDT
[#43]
So many dick puns and euphamisms...

So awesome.

Quoted:

I am officially 'IN' for anything like this that materializes.

I need an AR like I need a hole in the head, but I'd love to score a Troy rifle if only to say "fuck Dicks"
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:34:13 PM EDT
[#44]
suppliers and end users negotiate agreements with specific exit clauses....these clauses almost always include lead times associated with exiting the agreement so that the supplier is protected when committing inventory and raw materials......60-90-120 days etc....I am sure DSG will try to employ a Force Majeure clause as the reason for exiting the contract and will probably claim that if they didn't take the action when they did the business would be irreparably damaged....just one possible scenario
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:34:51 PM EDT
[#45]
That's a dick move on Dick's part, but Troy should easily be able to sell their rifles.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If Troy can get those rifles redistributed soon, they'll have no problem selling and making money off them.  

That's probably true, but the price is going to go up.  It's good they got this out there to explain why before the internet rumor mill cranked up it's own explanations.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:36:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

FPNI
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:36:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
They're dicks! reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And Troy have been pussies. And Dicks customers are assholes. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!

Excuse me, I have to go take a shit after reading that.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:36:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't matter now, because Cock's has broken any contract they had with Troy.

I'm sure that Troy could recoup, and grow, any volume it lost from the Cock's deal by going to a few major distributors.  Offer a Mail In Rebate for a free six pack of Troy Mags as a re-introductory offer, and BOOM!

I know little on contract law, hence my question.  Hopefully Troy can move freely to sell elsewhere and make their investment back off sales... and sue the hell out of Dicks for their actions.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 7:37:10 PM EDT
[#50]
I actually wanted one of those Troy Rifles. When I saw it was a Dick's exclusive, I said no. Fuck Dick's, and, obviously, fuck Troy for doing business with them. If Troy didn't know what Dick's was about before this, they don't need to be in the gun business. I will weigh their next "exclusive distributor".

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top