Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2012 2:23:00 PM EDT
See OP story here for David Gregory breaking the law on Meet the Press 12/23/12

Quoted:
He's waving an AR-15 30 round magazine around.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7183/davidgregory1.jpg

"DC High Capacity Ammunition Magazines - D.C. Official Code 7-2506.01

(b) No person in the District shall possess, sell, or transfer any large capacity ammunition feeding device regardless of whether the device is attached to a firearm. For the purposes of this subsection, the term �large capacity ammunition feeding device� means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition. The term �large capacity ammunition feeding device� shall not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.�."

Will he be prosecuted?

Fire mission!

Quoted:
update:

E-mail response:

"From:  "DC Police (imailagent)" <[email protected]>
Subject: Email from DC Police (Intranet Quorum IMA00519327)
Date: December 24, 2012 4:13:12 PM EST
To:  (OODA_Loop)

The Metropolitan Police Department is in receipt of your e-mail regarding David Gregory segment on "Meet the Press." MPD has received numerous e-mails informing us of the segment.  NBC contacted MPD inquiring if they could utilize a high capacity magazine for their segment.  NBC was informed that possession of a high capacity magazines is not permissible and their request was denied.  This matter is currently being investigated.   Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.

Customer Service - Metropolitan  Police Department"

Guys- call me crazy but lets be ready for this, I think this is a good idea.

Who would can or would set up a fund for David Gregory once his DC Charges are official for breaking the law regarding Hi-Cap Magazines?

How classic would that be?

We know exactly what's going on- he broke the law with blatant disregard, the same law he and many other anti-gunners are trying to enact federally.  

Our point is that these types of laws are useless, case in point, David Gregory on Meet the Press 12/23/12 and possessing a Hi-Cap magazine while filming in DC....

Then, once he's charged with a crime, which is a BS crime anyway since it's fairly safe to say David Gregory wasn't going to commit genocide with said magazine, we foot the bill for his defence.

This could be big.....
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:24:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm putty sure nbc wil pony up for a high price corp lawyer to defend monkey boy.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:24:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck that liberal POS. Let him get a taste of his own medicine.

He fucking hates us, hate his ass right back
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:25:25 PM EDT
[#3]
He won't face any charges.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:33:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

He won't face any charges.

It was just a present for his sons Christmas.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:34:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Stop OP....just...stop.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:36:43 PM EDT
[#6]
OP , you are aware that we are the one’s who turned him in correct? Probably not the best idea considering.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OP , you are aware that we are the one’s who turned him in correct? Probably not the best idea considering.

Damn straight, we're law abiding citizens, but we have the opportunity to make every case possible and still be the good guys, even if he doesn't accept our help.  We can't lose.

#Bans are moot
#Law enforcement of current gun laws
#Pro-2nd Amendment by fighting frivolous laws

This is a huge opportunity to do alot of right things.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:54:55 PM EDT
[#8]
My money is better spent supporting an honest citizen having trouble meeting his legal bills than pissing it away on a man who has done very well financially lying through his teeth demonizing and trying to destroy the rights of said honest citizen.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 2:58:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My money is better spent supporting an honest citizen having trouble meeting his legal bills than pissing it away on a man who has done very well financially lying through his teeth demonizing and trying to destroy the rights of said honest citizen.

Exactly. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. He was trying to rally support to ban things that I enjoy. Fuck him.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:01:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I can't think of a better way to throw away money.

Here's a plan: send money to the NRA or SAF instead. Gregory is a dishonest, ignorant hack working to destroy our freedoms.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:05:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

(b) No person in the District shall possess, sell, or transfer any large capacity ammunition feeding device regardless of whether the device is attached to a firearm. For the purposes of this subsection, the term �large capacity ammunition feeding device� means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition. The term �large capacity ammunition feeding device� shall not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.�."

Will he be prosecuted?

Fire mission!

Quoted:
update:

E-mail response:

The Metropolitan Police Department is in receipt of your e-mail regarding David Gregory segment on "Meet the Press." MPD has received numerous e-mails informing us of the segment.  NBC contacted MPD inquiring if they could utilize a high capacity magazine for their segment.  NBC was informed that possession of a high capacity magazines is not permissible and their request was denied.  This matter is currently being investigated.   Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.

Who would can or would set up a fund for David Gregory once his DC Charges are official for breaking the law regarding Hi-Cap Magazines?

We know exactly what's going on- he broke the law with blatant disregard, the same law he and many other anti-gunners are trying to enact federally.  

Our point is that these types of laws are useless, case in point, David Gregory on Meet the Press 12/23/12 and possessing a Hi-Cap magazine while filming in DC....

Then, once he's charged with a crime, which is a BS crime anyway since it's fairly safe to say David Gregory wasn't going to commit genocide with said magazine, we foot the bill for his defence.

This could be big.....

Why in God's name woudl anyone, let alone AR15.comers, want to foot the bill for that ignorant PRICK?  Are you nuts?  He should feel the fullwrath of the law and his checking account should feel the cost of lawyers to try and get him pff the charges.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Are you  authorized by the AR15.COM site and staff to conduct fund raising operations  here?

If not stop this now.
Quoted:

Quoted:

(b) No person in the District shall possess, sell, or transfer any large capacity ammunition feeding device regardless of whether the device is attached to a firearm. For the purposes of this subsection, the term &#65533;large capacity ammunition feeding device&#65533; means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition. The term &#65533;large capacity ammunition feeding device&#65533; shall not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.&#65533;."

Will he be prosecuted?

Fire mission!

Quoted:

update:

E-mail response:

This could be big.....

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#13]
at the very least- its an opportunity to make a statement :)

We are the good guys, we've got to be willing to help even the most "exuberant" 1st amendmenters, ie the left.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:36:22 PM EDT
[#14]
That fool has no last name!

Send the money to the NRA for their really good showing last Friday and Sunday.

The man with no last name will get a high priced NBC lawyer to grease the wheels.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:42:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Only thing I would ever consider contributing is a bar of soap on a rope and I hope it gets a lot of use.  Or doesn't......

Do you really think that "They" would take into consideration if this was done and they would suddenly change their minds?  He'll no, I'm sick and tired of trying to make nice with these idiots.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:44:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Fuck that guy and fuck NBC.  They've got money, let them (and him) pay for their own lawyer.  I'd rather spend my hard earned money on myself for Christmas.  

And IBTL.
-SleeperShooter
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:44:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

We are the good guys, we've got to be willing to help even the most "exuberant" 1st amendmenters, ie the left.

My good sir, this is not directed at you personally, I understand the point you are trying to make, although I don't feel the same way you do. But this mentality reminds me of that old saying:

"I may not agree with what you are saying but I will defend to the death your right to say it". I always thought that was such complete and utter horseshit. For example, Dianne Feinstein has the right to call for an AWB every year if she so chooses. But I'll be dipped in shit if I would catch a bullet to protect her right to try and take away my rights. Fuck that noise my man.

I'm starting to feel like you're either with us, or you're against us. (not you OP,  just people in general). And if you're against us, fuck it pal you're on your own. (again not directed at you OP)

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:46:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Nope.  He needs to be made an example of enforcing the gun laws that are already on the books.  If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:49:07 PM EDT
[#19]
I bet he or his lawyers won't be retarded during the police investigation. He will say that he didn't know and give them the 10 dollar mag. Then it will be over.

Gun people can be so God awful when dealing with the police.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:49:19 PM EDT
[#20]
All charity threads must be approved by Striker per the number one topic on GD's opening page.

This thread is doomed.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:49:24 PM EDT
[#21]
If he skates, he sets precedence for anyone else with a hi-cap in the District.

Best it goes through the courts and gets put down on paper.

Let them make the call.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:50:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yep, and just as easily done via another news conference pointing out how people who want to break the laws will do so no matter what side they are on. I see the point you are making, but I think that the same goal could be accomplished without sending the lifeline out.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I find it interesting that NBC contacted DC Police, they TOLD THEM it was illegal, and they did it anyway.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#24]
I am just glad that nobody was hurt when he brought that illegal magazine into DC.   A crazed man with a magazine in our nation's capital could have easily ended in bloodshed.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 3:56:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I bet he or his lawyers won't be retarded during the police investigation. He will say that he didn't know and give them the 10 dollar mag. Then it will be over.

Gun people can be so God awful when dealing with the police.

I heard it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. But once you already ask and get denied it gets harder to play the ignorance of the law card, which as I understand is not a valid defense.

Quoted:
I find it interesting that NBC contacted DC Police, they TOLD THEM it was illegal, and they did it anyway.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Are you  authorized by the AR15.COM site and staff to conduct fund raising operations  here?

If not stop this now.

He's not conducting fundraising "operations". He's just throwing out an idea. An idea that actually has merit, in fact.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If he skates, he sets precedence for anyone else with a hi-cap in the District.

Best it goes through the courts and gets put down on paper.

Let them make the call.

It doesn't set any precedent if somebody just decides not to prosecute him. He just snickers and walks away glibly.

I hope he does real time, and they can do a follow up segment from behind bars where he bemoans the injustice of being imprisoned for holding a harmless $10 aluminum box.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:14:01 PM EDT
[#28]
I am not willing to help him

people like him and in his business would throw us under the bus in a NY minute

no way will I send him a cent

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#30]

**ARF/NRA/Charity rescue fund**  once David Gregory's charges are official???

Quoted:

Quoted:

(b) No
person in the District shall possess, sell, or transfer any large
capacity ammunition feeding device regardless of whether the device is
attached to a firearm.
For the purposes of this subsection, the
term &#65533;large capacity ammunition feeding device&#65533;
means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a
capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept,
more than 10 rounds of ammunition. The term &#65533;large capacity
ammunition feeding device&#65533; shall not include an attached
tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with,
.22 caliber rimfire ammunition.&#65533;."

Will he be prosecuted?

Fire mission!

Quoted:

update:

E-mail response:

The
Metropolitan Police Department is in receipt of your e-mail regarding
David Gregory segment on "Meet the Press." MPD has received numerous
e-mails informing us of the segment.  NBC contacted MPD inquiring if
they could utilize a high capacity magazine for their segment.  NBC was
informed that possession of a high capacity magazines is not permissible
and their request was denied.  This matter is currently being
investigated.   Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to
our attention.

Who
would can or would set up a fund for David Gregory once his DC Charges
are official for breaking the law regarding Hi-Cap Magazines?

We
know exactly what's going on- he broke the law with blatant disregard,
the same law he and many other anti-gunners are trying to enact
federally.  

Our point is that these types of laws are useless,
case in point, David Gregory on Meet the Press 12/23/12 and possessing a
Hi-Cap magazine while filming in DC....

Then, once he's charged
with a crime, which is a BS crime anyway since it's fairly safe to say
David Gregory wasn't going to commit genocide with said magazine, we
foot the bill for his defence.

This could be big.....
Thanks for reminding me I need the tittle too.

Quoted:

Quoted:

If not stop this now.

He's not conducting fundraising "operations". He's just throwing out an idea. An idea that actually has merit, in fact.

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 4:25:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Would Gregory be willing to sell the magazine? I'd pay $70 for it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:10:54 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I would think it went like this...
OODA_Loop - "He's waving an AR-15 30 round magazine around"

DG - "Well Wayne, thanks for coming on our show again..."
WL - "Hey, do you guys know you just violated D.C's ban on high capacity magazines, did you get permission or something?"
DG - "Um, huh?"
MPD - "No sir, I know who you are, but no... that is illegal, I highly advise you don't..."

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:27:23 PM EDT
[#33]

I don't think this would go as planned, I can hear it now...

AR15.com, a website in the gun community with over 326,000 members that have a cult like following of the deadly AR15 Assault rifle and it's high capacity ammunition clips, has set up a fund for the defense of a man who illegally possessed ammunition clips like were used in the deadly Connecticut school shooting.  The extremist group, who seem to spare no expense at making sure everyone has access to these deadly items.....blahblahblahblah...

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:52:19 PM EDT
[#34]
PHUQUE HIM AND THE LIBTARD HORSE HE RODE IN ON!!!

Just phuque him and let him worry about a defense fund like all of the mere citizens that get phuqued by the NYC cops for their arrests at LaGuardia that should be covered by the FOPA.  Let him lose the right to vote and anything else brought by a felony conviction.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:57:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Guys- call me crazy

Okay, you're crazy!

Seriously, fuck him!
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 5:59:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:08:15 PM EDT
[#37]
DC has reduced this to an administrative fine, no criminal record.

Hopefully he did it before Tuesday the 18th

Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:15:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
DC has reduced this to an administrative fine, no criminal record.

Hopefully he did it before Tuesday the 18th

Well, that's convenient.
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 6:17:04 PM EDT
[#39]
coc
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top