Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/23/2012 3:06:24 PM EDT
Sorry if a dupe, but it seems like the heat is really coming on.  From Bud's Facebook page:

Another one bites the dust ! You may notice the GE Capital no-interest finance option has been removed from the website at the request of GE. This does not affect customers with existing GE Capital transactions, but unfortunately we cannot process any new finance transactions until further notice. Sorry folks....not our call.

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#1]
WOW...

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:08:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Their prerogative I guess.  They probably don't want the risk of a GE Capital financed gun making it into the news given the current hysteria.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:08:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Interdasting
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:08:52 PM EDT
[#4]
They're the ones behind the Wal-Mart Discover card I used to get an AR with no interest or fees for a year, I wonder if they'll do something so people can't do that at Wal-Mart anymore?
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:10:02 PM EDT
[#5]
GE is tied to the shooter in Connecticut
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:10:24 PM EDT
[#6]
This is a tactic from the left.they are going avter the finances of the gun industry.  Reason  Cerberus sold out.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:10:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Might be related to the sudden uptick in sales and how much financing now out there now because of the rush.  Or may be because they are Government Electric.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:11:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sorry if a dupe, but it seems like the heat is really coming on.  From Bud's Facebook page:

Another one bites the dust ! You may notice the GE Capital no-interest finance option has been removed from the website at the request of GE. This does not affect customers with existing GE Capital transactions, but unfortunately we cannot process any new finance transactions until further notice. Sorry folks....not our call.

I wonder........I recently (like a month ago) got a GE Captial card to use at Fin feather, I wonder if its no good anymore
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:11:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:12:48 PM EDT
[#11]
G.E. is an evil company.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh?  

I guess the dudes dad was involved with GE

Libor scandal
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:15:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh?  

Doesn't the father of the shooter work for them?
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:15:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh?  

I have read the murderer's father is a exec at GE in Danbury CT.  An exec in GE Capital iirc
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:15:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh?  

Supposedly the father of the Sandy Hook shooter is VP of GE Capital.

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:20:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh?  

The shooter's father is some tax/accounting honcho at GE... Peter J Lanza

Here toy go...

LinkedIn Profile

Tax Director and Vice President - Taxes

GE Energy Financial Services
August 2011 – Present (1 year 5 months)|Stamford, CT
Responsible for directing the tax strategy, planning and tax operations and providing tax leadership for GE Energy Financial Services ("EFS") which is GE's energy finance business. Report directly to EFS's Chief Financial Officer.

• Lead a team of tax professionals responsible for all aspects of taxation (reporting, compliance, controllership and planning).

• Provide guidance to deal teams on structuring and negotiating asset acquisitions and dispositions, including documentation of transactions and managing outside tax advisors.

• Ensure flawless execution, controllership, and risk management of all transactions and structures.

• Partner closely with business leaders to ensure that they understand and implement the requirements for achieving the business' tax objectives, and drive business growth and success.

• Partner with GE's Corporate Tax Group to leverage technical resources and provide support on certain projects and initiatives.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:20:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh?  

Supposedly the father of the Sandy Hook shooter is VP of GE Capital.

Isnt the theater shooter Holmes dad also involved with GE and Libor scandal?

ETA: Hang on...I hear helicopters. BRB..
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#19]
I would venture to say GE products have contributed to killing more people in the world than all firearms combined over the past 25 years

lets see

GE mini guns
GE jet engines
GE Avionic systems

etc, etc, etc

kinda hypocritical...but that is normal for GE
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:25:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I would venture to say GE products have contributed to killing more people in the world than all firearms combined over the past 25 years

lets see

GE mini guns

GE jet engines

GE Avionic systems

etc, etc, etc

Well, the people the government kill deserve it.  When private citizens get guns, its always bad.  Aren't you up to date, comrade?

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:28:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

lets see

GE mini guns
GE jet engines
GE Avionic systems

etc, etc, etc

Well, the people the government kill deserve it.  When private citizens get guns, its always bad.  Aren't you up to date, comrade?  

Yep, get with the times, all those innocent Mexicans murdered with F&F guns were asking for it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:28:54 PM EDT
[#22]
I thought that GE Capital dumped all gun stores a few years ago.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:30:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:31:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Wow. I started a thread HERE last night asking if anyone on this site works at Buds because I was curious to know why GE Capital wasn't being accepted. I just opened a card with them through Buds last weekend and used it to buy a Colt 6920 and G19. I was waiting for them to fix the site so I could order a G26. So much for that now
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:35:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Negative, Im looking at a Fin Feathter fur one right now.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ask them if they accept the buds card for me would ya?
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:40:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow. Time to pull the plug on GE. Literally & figuratively
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Fuck ge capital, if you have any financing through them read the fine print.

They reserve the right to change your payment interval, interest rate, and minimum payment at anytime. And they will, and when your autopay goes through for the old amount they will say you violated the payment plan for the interest free financing, and demand all the retroactive interest on the next payment.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Hey keep in mind ge paid $0 in taxes last year

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Hey keep in mind ge paid $0 in taxes last year

No, they paid quite a lot of taxes.

Check out their 10-K.

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#31]
well there goes my next Buy, that was the only reason I was buying from buds. It sure wasn't there speedy shipping that got me buying from them. Oh well at least I got my 1911 and 338 lapua
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:49:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Shocking.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh?  

Here toy go...

LinkedIn Profile

Responsible for directing the tax strategy, planning and tax operations and providing tax leadership for GE Energy Financial Services ("EFS") which is GE's energy finance business. Report directly to EFS's Chief Financial Officer.

• Lead a team of tax professionals responsible for all aspects of taxation (reporting, compliance, controllership and planning).

• Provide guidance to deal teams on structuring and negotiating asset acquisitions and dispositions, including documentation of transactions and managing outside tax advisors.

• Ensure flawless execution, controllership, and risk management of all transactions and structures.

• Partner closely with business leaders to ensure that they understand and implement the requirements for achieving the business' tax objectives, and drive business growth and success.

• Partner with GE's Corporate Tax Group to leverage technical resources and provide support on certain projects and initiatives.

Too bad he didnt take better care of his son, worthless fuck.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea the card still works at Fin's, ask me how I know
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Raff out rowd.

GE spent the world to destroy RCA and purchase NBC.

Anymore questions?
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 4:18:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh?  

Here toy go...

LinkedIn Profile

Too bad he didnt take better care of his son, worthless fuck.

I understand his disappearing job, but I don't have a lot of respect for men who abandon their families.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 4:23:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Buds is a sweat shop anyway.    Who would want to buy a gun from those guys?  Their service is terrible.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 4:24:30 PM EDT
[#38]
GE capital is your lowes card  too FYI
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 4:26:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Huh?  

Lanza's father is a GE exec.  Mom was received 250k  a year in alimony when she was murdered

ETA: beat numerous times
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 4:29:57 PM EDT
[#41]
well that explains why i couldnt find the option. i had a couple lever guns in my cart i was going buy friday. i have no issues with buds. i try to buy local from mom and pop shops but some times they cant get /wont get what i want.

Ronald
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 4:30:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea the card still works at Fin's, ask me how I know

Good deal
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 4:30:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ask them if they accept the buds card for me would ya?

Will do.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 4:32:22 PM EDT
[#44]
I have bought several guns from Buds and at one time there was a notice on the web site that you could not use the GE option to buy "black guns."  Their words.  That was probably a year ago when I picked up my AR-10 carbine.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 4:34:09 PM EDT
[#45]
GE's has always prohibited the purchase of "assault weapons" using their financing on Bud's website.   I was however able to purchase a PAP M92 with 6mo no interest from them during black friday weekend.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
GE's has always prohibited the purchase of "assault weapons" using their financing on Bud's website.   I was however able to purchase a PAP M92 with 6mo no interest from them during black friday weekend.

Interesting....wonder if that bleeds over to other places.....
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 4:36:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Forget it...dump cards and hold cash.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 4:36:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Forget it...dump cards and hold cash.

Negative ghostrider, building the credit score
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 4:37:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife and I have had GE Capital accounts with the Fin for years and have bought a lot of stuff during that time - as recently as last May.

I may call their Black Rifle Guy or one of my other friends who works there and find out what's up with dat.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Buds is a sweat shop anyway.    Who would want to buy a gun from those guys?  Their service is terrible.

I just bought a gun from them, no problems (as far as I know, have not seen it yet)  

Keep ordering from them. You'll get introduced to the inventory bait and switch and the bank account attack.

Newb is correct.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top