Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:51:53 PM EDT
[#1]
To those who received an email informing them of the cancellation / backorder, did you receive both an email confirming your order right after placing it AND another one a while later with a web reference number, confirmation number & accnt number etc? Or did you just receive the first email followed by a cancellation email?

Reason I ask is that I ordered 15 pmags Monday, and I have received both these emails, the second one saying that I will get a third email when they ship, and no cancellation email as of yet, so I'm trying to figure out if I'm in the clear or not.

ETA: Also, I am the lord of page 2.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:55:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
To those who received an email informing them of the cancellation / backorder, did you receive both an email confirming your order right after placing it AND another one a while later with a web reference number, confirmation number & accnt number etc? Or did you just receive the first email followed by a cancellation email?

Reason I ask is that I ordered 15 pmags Monday, and I have received both these emails, the second one saying that I will get a third email when they ship, and no cancellation email as of yet, so I'm trying to figure out if I'm in the clear or not.

I ordered the 10 pack a little after noon yesterday(monday) and have gotten the same 2 emails as you. I hope that means we beat the cancellation.

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:56:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I received an email titled "your brownells online order" from them immediately after placing. . .

Then today I received a confirmation order with 0.00 charges. . . then a follow up email from "Order Copy" which states a "C" next to the products meaning it's been canceled.

I picked, no order over back order.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered the 10 pack a little after noon yesterday(monday) and have gotten the same 2 emails as you. I hope that means we beat the cancellation.

You and me both brother.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 2:58:15 PM EDT
[#5]
FYI guys, I called this morning and the CS woman told me they still hadn't pulled all of the online orders from yesterday. It seems there was a cutoff point in which orders are being cancelled.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 3:21:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
20 10 packs ordered Fri came today.  

Same order From Midway arrives tomorrow.

Damn that is two lifetimes worth of magazines.

hes gonna sell them next week for $30 ea
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 3:26:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Ordered today and got tracking number today.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 3:31:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Ordered two ten packs on Friday AM for $99 each just got shipping confo this afternoon.

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:24:47 PM EDT
[#9]
On Monday I ordered the windowed version at about $15 a copy. My pack shipped today.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 4:29:27 PM EDT
[#10]
This has happened to me with other mail order places. A friend of mine runs one of them. The firearms industry is still a little behind on the electronic fulfillment end -- I'm thinking it could just be a single big distributer causing the problem. In the database world, this is known as a "Phantom Read" or Update and has to do with transaction isolation. I would not fault the place you're ordering from on this as they likely may be representing inventory from a warehouse that may drop ship for multiple suppliers.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ordered today and got tracking number today.

How is this possible? I ordered yesterday and only got an email confirming my order.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 5:02:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Probably canceling the orders so they can re-list at 4X the original price.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I ordered a dozen G3 Pmags yesterday, got the confirmation email and everything. Then this afternoon I get a new email saying they're backordered. Everything was in stock when ordered. Pisses me off.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 5:10:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Again, 2000 orders from last night.

Swamped, do you not speak it?
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#15]
My order was cancelled too. But in checkout I checked that if they were not in stock to cancel order.

You can go in now and order them for backorder if you want to, the price is still the same.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I ordered 30.

20 in black listed as confirmed,

10 in FDE backordered.

No ship email yet.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I looked a little closer at my "confirmation order" email. And saw my order was canceled. Yet the pmags still show an in stock status. Pisses me off.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 5:49:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Again, 2000 orders from last night.

Swamped, do you not speak it?

Modern inventory control and ecommerce system, does Brownell's not speak it?
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 6:12:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I ordered several glock mags, and some ruger bx-25's and I have yet to see shipping confirmation. I have the feeling that they will be canceled.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Just got a shipped notice for my 10 from brownells.  Ordered at 9am yesterday.
Link Posted: 12/18/2012 6:36:12 PM EDT
[#22]
I ordered some on Friday that I already got the shipping notice on and I ordered more yesterday that I got the confirmation on but no cancellation or shipping notification on.

I'm not blaming them, I'm sure they are getting slammed.

Link Posted: 12/18/2012 6:52:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You and me both brother.

Me 3. I ordered early yesterday morning. So far just the 2 emails.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 5:46:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Ordered 2 x 10 packs.  Both are back ordered as that is what I specified.  Emailed them asking what the timeframe could be with no response

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 5:52:37 AM EDT
[#25]
If Brownells stops selling gun parts/accessories it's over.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 5:55:29 AM EDT
[#26]
My order shows out for delivery this morning on the UPS truck.

Yeah, that's right, I am gloating.

ETA - and I am also being a douchebag and an asswipe.  But guess what?  I have mags.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 5:58:28 AM EDT
[#27]

You should post this on the magpul sub forum.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:00:40 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You cannot have too many.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:02:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Is there a chance you selected "Cancel out of stock items" during the order process?
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:03:38 AM EDT
[#30]
I ordered 20 and got an email  a little later saying that it was cancelled.

Whatever!!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:03:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I got it too. Emailed to see why it was cancelled, still no response. I wasn't planning on buying a 10 pack but I did. Once it was cancelled I felt I needed 10 of them so I gave some business to Cabelas. I haven't received any emails about the status of the 20rd mags I ordered from Brownells as of yet.

I bought a 10pk from Cabellas as well. In stock- No issues but a lil bit more money.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:04:09 AM EDT
[#32]
same thing happened to me.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:06:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Probably canceling the orders so they can re-list at 4X the original price.

Well, thanks to the instant panic they are worth 4x what they were.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:33:28 AM EDT
[#34]
even though back ordered I don't have a statement for billing showing up.  I think I read others had paid but then were put on B/O?
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:45:39 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I ordered several glock mags, and some ruger bx-25's and I have yet to see shipping confirmation. I have the feeling that they will be canceled.

I ordered some BX-25 mags yesterday morning.  Got the confirmation emails, but nothing regarding shipping so far.  Order status online has been saying "is being picked" since last night.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:46:20 AM EDT
[#36]
For giggles, I placed an order this morning and told them to backorder it. A little while later I got this notice - so looks like they are keeping my order on backorder and not cancelling it.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 6:57:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
For giggles, I placed an order this morning and told them to backorder it. A little while later I got this notice - so looks like they are keeping my order on backorder and not cancelling it.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/Engineer303/arfcom/pmag_order_zps15ce036a.jpg

i just did this as well. although originally i placed an order monday night and selected "cancel backorders" then got an email yesterday stating that my order from monday was in fact cancelled due to backorder status.
so now, hopefully and at least.....when they do come back in stock i will get them at 12.50 each

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 7:14:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Ordered 5 Monday morning and was reading this (and getting pissed) when I got an email that they'd shipped.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 8:38:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You and me both brother.

I got a email that mine were shipped.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 8:47:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 8:50:56 AM EDT
[#41]
I ordered a 10 pack last Friday for $100. Tracking shows it should be here this Friday.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 8:54:53 AM EDT
[#42]
I bought a lot of stuff from Brownells during the 2008 panic.  They never jacked with their prices and they (eventually) shipped everything I ordered from them.

Sometimes their system would show something in stock when it was actually sold out. Those orders, I believe, they automatically cancel when they discover what happened. You can call customer service and have your cancelled order converted to backorder if you want.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 8:57:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

You cannot have too many.  

I think Obama woould say other....
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 9:06:13 AM EDT
[#44]
I ordered a 10 pack and a couple of Glock mags from Brownells two days ago.  I received the Glock mags yesterday (fastest I have every received anything from them) and the PMags are scheduled to be delivered today.  The current panic buying going on is incredible.  I'm glad I have been "panic buying" for the last 10 years and am pretty well stocked up now.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 9:26:37 AM EDT
[#45]
I placed my order for a 10 pack Monday night, got a shipping notification this morning with a tracking number. Looks like they are not processing orders in the order they are received?
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 10:02:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Cancelled.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 11:41:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/Engineer303/arfcom/pmag_order_zps15ce036a.jpg

I got the email also, assuming I will get them when they get them........
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 11:48:03 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

If Brownells stops selling gun parts/accessories it's over.

I don't think there's even the slightest chance they're going to do that.  They aren't pulling their inventory -- they've shipped it all out to customers.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 7:43:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I placed my order for a 10 pack Monday night, got a shipping notification this morning with a tracking number. Looks like they are not processing orders in the order they are received?

They must not be. I ordered some pmags and a couple of Glock mags Monday morning. My order has been hung with the status 'IS BEING PREPARED FOR PICKING' since shortly afterward. No cancellation but no tracking number either.

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 8:22:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top