Page:  / 2
Author
Posted: 12/4/2012 5:06:36 AM
Email the NFL and help get this idiot removed:
help@profootballtalk.com
walshy184
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 8:00:29 AM
done and done, left a message on their facebook page yesterday and today. and will continue to do so until he is gone
James23
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 8:07:16 AM
Originally Posted By js308:
Email the NFL NBC and help get this idiot removed:
help@profootballtalk.com

....... I'm never really comfortable - or completely awake - around people
who are unacquainted with the invigorating joys of mild panic. - Peter Egan

"Good judgement comes from living through bad judgement".
EasTexan
Political junkie
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 8:10:15 AM
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Newsflash, pal. Sometimes people say shit you are not going to agree with. Learn to act like an adult rather than the typical Liberal crybaby whining to sensor free speech.

Pathetic.
"If all you're goin' on is my confession, forget it, I'm simply not credible."
America-first
Tired of all the bullshit
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 8:14:47 AM
Originally Posted By EasTexan:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Newsflash, pal. Sometimes people say shit you are not going to agree with. Learn to act like an adult rather than the typical Liberal crybaby whining to sensor free speech.

Pathetic.

Complaining about those with whom you dont agree on important issues is free speech as well.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

AN EMPTY BARREL ALWAYS MAKES THE MOST NOISE.
sickser66
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 8:15:04 AM
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

.....did you just,........whats the word i'm looking for?
BANDITOZ71
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 8:15:46 AM
Originally Posted By America-first:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

Complaining about those with whom you dont agree on important issues is free speech as well.

This.
Keine Kompromisse.
EasTexan
Political junkie
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 8:19:06 AM
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

He wants a person fired because he said something he disagrees with. Thats not making a statement, but rather attempting to limit a viewpoint.

Sorry, I don't agree with the bullshit Costas said either. He still has every right to say it though.
Sleeper396
Fanatically Moderate
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 8:20:19 AM
They limited Hank's viewpoint no problem.
Loosely translated Latin words about gun rights and freedom!!
15jonshoot
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 8:33:06 AM
When's the last time anyone has seen an NRA commercial on the msm?
Fuck costas.
America-first
Tired of all the bullshit
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 8:35:32 AM
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

He wants a person fired because he said something he disagrees with. Thats not making a statement, but rather attempting to limit a viewpoint.

Sorry, I don't agree with the bullshit Costas said either. He still has every right to say it though.

He represents both the network and the Nfl when he is onscreen therefore complaining to his employers is perfectly reasonable.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

AN EMPTY BARREL ALWAYS MAKES THE MOST NOISE.
Fugitive
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 8:36:06 AM

Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

It's not censorship until the government suppresses it. And a sensor is a device that collects information. But thanks for playing.
Pathetic indeed.
"That is not to say a pump shotgun isn't a good tool. But if I have a Hi-Point and an Ed Brown in front of me when Godzilla attacks, I'm grabbing the Ed Brown." TexasRifleman1895
EasTexan
Political junkie
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 8:39:31 AM
Originally Posted By Fugitive:

Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

It's not censorship until the government suppresses it. And a sensor is a device that collects information. But thanks for playing.
Pathetic indeed.

Grow up. He is acting like the typical Lib who is upset because someone said something he disagrees with. We have to be better than that...

Whaaa. Thats fucking life sometimes and the fact that he wants a voice silenced is a slippery slope towards all forms of speech.
Fugitive
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 8:47:12 AM

Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

Pathetic indeed.

Grow up. He is acting like the typical Lib who is upset because someone said something he disagrees with. We have to be better than that...

Whaaa. Thats fucking life sometimes and the fact that he wants a voice silenced is a slippery slope towards all forms of speech.

The Constitution is there to limit government powers and the BOR is there to guarantee individual and state's rights. I had no problem with Imus getting canned, Zumbo getting Zumbo'd or Costa getting creamed. The right to complain about a product is not a violation of free speech. Its customer feedback. If you put out a shitty product and people complain, that is the free market at its finest
"That is not to say a pump shotgun isn't a good tool. But if I have a Hi-Point and an Ed Brown in front of me when Godzilla attacks, I'm grabbing the Ed Brown." TexasRifleman1895
RaisedByWolves
I french kiss Bacon!
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 8:51:32 AM

Originally Posted By sickser66:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

The whole thing.

floridahunter07
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 8:55:09 AM

Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

Pathetic indeed.

The Constitution is there to limit government powers and the BOR is there to guarantee individual and state's rights. I had no problem with Imus getting canned, Zumbo getting Zumbo'd or Costa getting creamed. The right to complain about a product is not a violation of free speech. Its customer feedback. If you put out a shitty product and people complain, that is the free market at its finest

Yup.
Dr_Octagon
My 7XL is not yet invented...
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 8:58:40 AM
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

Turnabout is fair play. When was the last time the left DIDN'T try to get people fired when they said something they didn't like. We may not need to get in the mud with the pigs, but we have to get on the farm if we ever want to slaughter them.
bruzz123
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 8:59:21 AM
[Last Edit: 12/4/2012 9:00:54 AM by bruzz123]
nevermind that, just send a real message and DO NOT WATCH SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL. let the media power elites here in ny know that you do appreciate being dictated to.

make their ratings suffer. send NBC a message. put your money where your mouth is.
“To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a meance to society.”
-Theodore Roosevelt
bruzz123
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 9:01:51 AM

Originally Posted By James23:
Originally Posted By js308:
Email the NFL NBC and help get this idiot removed:
help@profootballtalk.com

NBC agrees with him.
-Theodore Roosevelt
bruzz123
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 9:05:56 AM

Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

Free speech is the right of all private citizens. However, when he's on air Costas is now a spokesman for the NFL/NBC.
-Theodore Roosevelt
garyd
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 9:17:13 AM
My problem, other than the fact that Costas is an uninformed individual on crime and firearms, is I do not care about sports. I do not watch professional, collage or any sport for that matter. So for me to complain to the NFL just would be disingenuous of me. he will not be fired, he will not apologize and the network does not care.

C co 2/325th AIR 91-96 11B1P
mcnizzle
PFL
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 9:19:17 AM
Originally Posted By garyd:
My problem, other than the fact that Costas is an uninformed individual on crime and firearms, is I do not care about sports. I do not watch professional, collage or any sport for that matter. So for me to complain to the NFL just would be disingenuous of me. he will not be fired, he will not apologize and the network does not care.

They will care if it starts to effect their ratings. They care about money, as they should.
Every man dies, but not every man lives
Ultrastealth
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 9:19:20 AM
[Last Edit: 12/4/2012 9:35:30 AM by Ultrastealth]
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

His job is to talk about football. If I spent my time blasting people with my own agenda rather than performing my job, I can assure you that I'd be fired.
Recusance
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 9:25:14 AM
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

actions have consequences.

Say shit about my wife and there will be consequences as well (not sayin' you would or did)

people want to live in a consequence free world, but that is not reality.

he is free to say whatever he wants, but he is not free from any consequence that arises from it. if one does not like the back lash, he better have the mettle to back it up and prevail.

That's freedom.

sadly most Americans no longer understand what freedom means, they think freedom means a marshmallow ride to the land of rainbows and unicorns.

There is always a price for freedom, sometimes it's instant, othertimes it takes a few decades to pay the bill. but the debt will always be paid or freedom will no longer be evident.

However freedom can always be purchased back, but the cost of buying it back is always higher than maintaining it.
garyd
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 9:30:30 AM

Originally Posted By mcnizzle:
Originally Posted By garyd:

They will care if it starts to effect their ratings. They care about money, as they should.

True however it is NBC.

Plus the Fact that most football fans, even gun owners will not stop watching football. It will have zero to no effect, in my opinion.
C co 2/325th AIR 91-96 11B1P
d1jinx
all-ova
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 9:33:36 AM
[Last Edit: 12/4/2012 9:34:13 AM by d1jinx]
Here's why you should say something.

If everytime someone rants about gun ownership and anti gun statements its followed by crickets and nothing, then the concensus will be everyone agrees with the statements.

Silence IS consent.

Execise your right to fredom of speech and call his bullshit.

We are loosing our gunrights because gun owners sit by and do nothing. You are the problem if you let others bitch and complain and don't fight back.
Darkness there and nothing more......
abnk
NRA & GOA Life Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 9:35:15 AM
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

Only agreeable speech is free.
freddd
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 9:45:21 AM
It seems like there is a benefit to Costa's little rant. There are A LOT of people publicly calling him an idiot for saying that. It seems to me that we get to see the state of the culture on his views. It doesn't appear to be on his side.
CCW
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 9:48:38 AM
This thread is purely raciaphobic. Next thing you know, we will be making laws under the 2nd Amendment that denies black men guns, because there are more black men killing other black men with guns than there are white men killing black men or black men killing white men, on the streets of Chicago, of course, percentage-wise.

[ETA] On the other hand, they could just outlaw returning vets, homeschoolers, AND all NFL players and coaches from having firearms.
In Him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. John 1:4,5
TenMile
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 9:49:45 AM
Send e-mails to your local NBC affiliates and do it now! What Costas did was to advocate limiting our personal freedoms it was a statement of hate. He has a right to express his opinion. We also are entitled to express our opinion and take action in response to his words. If you are concerned about your 2nd Amendment rights contact NBC and express your opinion. Hey after all it is free speech in action.
bruzz123
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 10:00:42 AM

Originally Posted By abnk:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

Holy shit some folks around here are dense. If you bumped into Costas in the streets of mid town manhattan and he went into an anti-gun rant, that's his right and i'm fine with that.

the way he did it (as a spokesman for the NFL/NBC) implies that those two organizations are in agreement with what he's saying on air. There was no disclaimer offered by NBC or the NFL. Costas should have known better.

Can you imagine if Rush was invited to do FOOTBALL COMMENTARY and while doing so went into a pro-2a rant.
-Theodore Roosevelt
MotorMouth
What kind of monkey buisness is this?
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 10:00:43 AM
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

We're in the middle of a culture war that we're losing, and you want us to play the pacifist. Brilliant!
To quote the great philosopher Ferris Bueller, "It's so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up." -RonnieJamesDioFan

As usual, this guy has it right. - krpind
1911lover

Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 10:04:37 AM
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

Not a problem when someone speaks their opinion but that fucking moron outright lied/purposely twisted facts, so yes I did not agree with him. Lies etc. aren't covered by the "Free Speech" Amendment last I looked.

What? Me worry? I am destroying this country, thank-you, and the sheeple don't have a clue.
Fugitive
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 10:14:21 AM

Originally Posted By 1911lover:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

Not a problem when someone speaks their opinion but that fucking moron outright lied/purposely twisted facts, so yes I did not agree with him. Lies etc. aren't covered by the "Free Speech" Amendment last I looked.

How many times have I got to say this? This has zip, nada, nothing to do with 1A or free speech. Lies or no lies, this about a company spokesman (that's exactly what Costas is) making a stand and you have the right to let that company know that you disagree. If you go out to eat and your steak is awful or you get terrible service somewhere, you can complain to the manager/owner. That is free enterprise.
If the government steps in, THEN it becomes a civil rights issue.
the_deer_hunter
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 10:31:46 AM
[Last Edit: 12/4/2012 10:32:36 AM by the_deer_hunter]
Originally Posted By d1jinx:
Here's why you should say something.

If everytime someone rants about gun ownership and anti gun statements its followed by crickets and nothing, then the concensus will be everyone agrees with the statements.

Silence IS consent.

Execise your right to fredom of speech and call his bullshit.

We are loosing our gunrights because gun owners sit by and do nothing. You are the problem if you let others bitch and complain and don't fight back.

This
TheRX7Project
πυροβόλο
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 10:32:58 AM

Originally Posted By 15jonshoot:
When's the last time anyone has seen an NRA commercial on the msm?
Fuck costas.

Well maybe the fucking NRA should do something about that?
If it does not pick my pocket nor break my leg, it is of no concern to me. -Thomas Jefferson
FMJshooter
High on BBQ
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 10:44:18 AM
[Last Edit: 12/4/2012 10:48:02 AM by FMJshooter]
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

Uh he wasn't speaking during a political show. He twisted a murder suicide into an avenue in which to spew his personal political opinions. If you want to sit on your hands and let these idiots use every chance they can to jam their agenda down our throats feel free.

-(O|||||||O)-
James23
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 1:24:54 PM
[Last Edit: 12/4/2012 1:26:17 PM by James23]
Originally Posted By 1911lover:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

Of course they are.

Free speech means you can say whatever you want. Veracity has nothing to do with it.

Costas right to free speech means that he is free to tell lies and twist facts.

If enough people disagree with Costas and are willing to 'vote with their wallet', the sponsors
of his program may not feel this program is the best place to advertise while he is one of their representatives.

It's a free country. Bob Costas is free to say stupid shit, tell lies and twist facts and I am free to not watch MNF, or buy a Toyota that is advertised on MNF.

....... I'm never really comfortable - or completely awake - around people
who are unacquainted with the invigorating joys of mild panic. - Peter Egan

"Good judgement comes from living through bad judgement".
mARs15
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 1:37:33 PM
He's got to go. Turn around is fair play.
Markbb
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 1:38:11 PM
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

On his own time not during a football game............
Silver_Surfer
..............I4NI.................
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 1:41:54 PM
There's a time and place for everything. That was not one of them.
SeanR
Greasy Bum.
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 1:57:08 PM
Originally Posted By RaisedByWolves:

Originally Posted By sickser66:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

The whole thing.

He went full on
•• Law of Mechanical Repair - After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee.
js308
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 1:59:04 PM
Originally Posted By walshy184:
done and done, left a message on their facebook page yesterday and today. and will continue to do so until he is gone

Amen brother.
MacManus
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 1:59:53 PM
Originally Posted By FMJshooter:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

Uh he wasn't speaking during a political show. He twisted a murder suicide into an avenue in which to spew his personal political opinions. If you want to sit on your hands and let these idiots use every chance they can to jam their agenda down our throats feel free.

Wasn't he quoting someone else's remarks on the issue anyway?
cyrus-the-virus
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ಠ_ಠ
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 2:00:53 PM
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

ironic post is ironic
Originally Posted By kcolg30:
The GD helped me find my cum sock from 1977 under my water heater...
gsxrmike
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 2:01:01 PM
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

I do not believe that I was watching the Costas Network or the National Costas League, so his "rights" to say anything he wants is not exactly accurate. In my employment I do not have the ability to say whatever I want.

cyrus-the-virus
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ಠ_ಠ
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 2:01:59 PM

Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

Pathetic indeed.

more irony
Originally Posted By kcolg30:
The GD helped me find my cum sock from 1977 under my water heater...
js308
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 2:04:47 PM
[Last Edit: 12/4/2012 2:06:47 PM by js308]
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

What's funny is that you are the only idiot playing by the "rules". When was the last time the Left said that a conservative viewpoint made on TV is "free speech"
They just call us racists and demand we be removed.
People like you is what got us Hussain Obama as president.
I think you should go yourself...
ferretrodeo
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 2:04:58 PM
He exercised his right to free speech and I exercised mine.
THR-Thumper
Blissfully Content
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 2:05:55 PM
[Last Edit: 12/4/2012 2:08:13 PM by THR-Thumper]
Freedom of Speech refers to freedom from government restriction.

If a representative of an entity says something stupid, consumers have a RESPONSIBILITY to hold the entity accountable.

Ronnie

Do your damnedest in an ostentatious manner all the time. - George S. Patton
stevelish
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/4/2012 2:12:40 PM
Originally Posted By bruzz123:

Originally Posted By abnk:
Yeah! Fuck free speech!

Pathetic.

Holy shit some folks around here are dense. If you bumped into Costas in the streets of mid town manhattan and he went into an anti-gun rant, that's his right and i'm fine with that.

the way he did it (as a spokesman for the NFL/NBC) implies that those two organizations are in agreement with what he's saying on air. There was no disclaimer offered by NBC or the NFL. Costas should have known better.

Can you imagine if Rush was invited to do FOOTBALL COMMENTARY and while doing so went into a pro-2a rant.

Funny you bring that up...........remember his comments about McNabb?
  Previous Page
Page:  / 2