User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1010
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This^

Plus by knowing you are spotted effectively increases the view range of a tank with limited view range.  If sixth sense goes off and I don't spot a tank, I know where tanks are hiding and can throw a few shells into bushes to dig them out or avoid that area without ever truly spotting a tank.

Sixth sense is always first skill with BIA not getting added till the 3rd or 4th skill, the individual crew skills add way more benefit than BIA.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

With the caveat being: Once you are good, and know how to play, and you are in a HEAVY ... then just take it with a grain of salt that you are ALWAYS spotted.

Manic is correct about it as you become more advanced it's redundant to playstyle.

TRG

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you here.

I very much want to know when I'm spotted no matter what tank I'm in. The ridiculous spotting mechanics of WoT will call you out as spotted just as you're breaking cover toward another hideyhole, or worse yet, when you're open for a nuclear strike out of the enemy arty, and no enemies are anywhere around you. Also, because of the nature of the stupid spotting mechanic, it is time based. It's like every second the game does a check if your tank is spotted or not. So that once you're unspotted, if you time your peekaboom just right, you can pop out, fire, damage an enemy, pop back into cover, and only once you're safe do you get spotted. I get away with this crap all the time. Try that shit if you're full on spotted and the enemy is going to put a round right through your front sprocket as you're pulling out.

Or you're getting X-Rayed. As in, someone is on the other side of the wall from you.

And the biggest reason is that I don't want the entire enemy team to know what I'm up to until I *WANT* to get spotted. The enemy team is sitting all fat and happy when what's this? T110E5 out of fucking NOWHERE bitches! Further, if you're spotted enemies are looking at you, and you know they are. If you're not, for the majority of the window lickers, it's like "Out of sight, out of mind." If you're not spotted, you might as well be on the Moon as far as they're concerned. Knowledge is power and I want all the knowledge on my side and none on theirs.

This^

Plus by knowing you are spotted effectively increases the view range of a tank with limited view range.  If sixth sense goes off and I don't spot a tank, I know where tanks are hiding and can throw a few shells into bushes to dig them out or avoid that area without ever truly spotting a tank.

Sixth sense is always first skill with BIA not getting added till the 3rd or 4th skill, the individual crew skills add way more benefit than BIA.

This is especially important late in the game when there are few tanks left alive. It's good to know the enemy is nearby if you're trying to hunt them down to win a game or cap out.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:14:09 PM EDT
[#2]
The ultimate winner, 3 tank platoon of T95's went valley.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Nm.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:01:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote
that is a hard platoon to pull off well.

and red arty's wet dream.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:19:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They need to add more tiers. Game has been out long enough no that you can be the most horrible player or full time afker/bot and still make it to tier 10.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:39:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Always gotta be haten on mah gold stash
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
As far as the 103 I passed on it. I finished grinding the T32 which didn't really take much and have enough exp to buy the 103 but I passed. Don't see going to tier 10 in this line either as I'm on standard now and don't have the credits to fund it.

I love sixth sense even in my heavies. But I am a player that really sticks to a half dozen tanks and really builds up crew skills for them. My top tank is 50% thru it's 5th skill so I have BI and sixth sense on it and several others.

The 110E5 is one of the must have tier X tanks.

It is an absolutely brutal little beast.

It's hard to buy a new tier 10 let alone fund it on a non premium account. I already have several other tier 10's I rarely play. I play a lot of tier 8 and 9. I've got several other tier 10's I've never bought after researching them out as well.

Do some tourneys.

Win Goldz.

Free Premium.

Some of us are working on 50k gold, some of us who live in a state where the toothbrush was invented and where the womenfolk of Walmart take baths standing up for fear that if they sit down in the tub the water in the toilet will rise.

Always gotta be haten on mah gold stash

Image of Larry found...
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:02:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They need to add more tiers. Game has been out long enough no that you can be the most horrible player or full time afker/bot and still make it to tier 10.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately, they could implement tier 100 and we'd still see knuckle dragging morons driving them.  Intelligence and skill are not required to grind.  Only time is needed.

E-95
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:15:40 PM EDT
[#8]
How to tell you are royally fucked from the beginning...
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:18:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b499/Saxplayer1911/shot_215_zpsa3d48fab.jpg
View Quote

I dunno man. I've been pulling a lot of those out for wins lately. Worked hard for it but was rewarding.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:34:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I appear to be actively sabotaging my WR:

http://wotlabs.net/sig_dark/na/AkXb70/signature.png
View Quote

LOL, WN8 going up a decent amount for me, but the WR% is stagnant for the most part.  Doing my part and then some, but unable to carry all matches.

The problem I have been seeing lately is a shitload of terrible high tier heavy tank players (8-10), which don't do anywhere near their HP in damage per game.  That hurts the most b/c it's hard to make that back a lot of times late game.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:35:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

Had a 19%'er not too long ago. I didn't think 1/2 the team was going to make it out of our cap circle.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:39:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I dunno man. I've been pulling a lot of those out for wins lately. Worked hard for it but was rewarding.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tried to pull that one out, but one Bulldog against a Bat Chat, 3 Leo 1's, an IS7 and a T30 ain't real appealing to me. I tried to get help North, but the lemming train kept chugging up the opposite way. So, I basically yolo scouted into the opfor's Northern push. Got bitched at for sui scouting. Told the team to go choke on a bag of aids infected dicks and left.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Nah thats not me mines is a little over 40 feet

Haters gonna HATE

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:42:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

LOL, WN8 going up a decent amount for me, but the WR% is stagnant for the most part.  Doing my part and then some, but unable to carry all matches.

The problem I have been seeing lately is a shitload of terrible high tier heavy tank players (8-10), which don't do anywhere near their HP in damage per game.  That hurts the most b/c it's hard to make that back a lot of times late game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I appear to be actively sabotaging my WR:

http://wotlabs.net/sig_dark/na/AkXb70/signature.png

Seems to happen mostly when Im running light tanks too
you know you can only carry so much when everyone is 2-3 teirs above you
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have been more relaxed playing without XVM lately.  I don't have to see the pretty shades of red my team has for WN8 values and I don't see a match's win chance until after it is over.  I can usually tell who the better players are by their clan tags if they are in one of the top ones but that is the most pre-match info I have on the players.  I just have to look at the team compositions and figure what I need to do to help the team win.

Of course BigAJ did give me shit when I asked him what our win chance was in a match yesterday.  

Nice having some blue in the stats sig again.  Still have lots to learn...

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:53:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I have been more relaxed playing without XVM lately.  I don't have to see the pretty shades of red my team has for WN8 values and I don't see a match's win chance until after it is over.  I can usually tell who the better players are by their clan tags if they are in one of the top ones but that is the most pre-match info I have on the players.  I just have to look at the team compositions and figure what I need to do to help the team win.

View Quote

i wish there was a way to set up XVM to just show blues and purples.  i disable win chance, but i do like to see who is worth working with and what enemies should be priority targets.  my first few days back, i had forgotten to activate my XVM stats, so everyone was white--as you say, it was more relaxed that way.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I tried to pull that one out, but one Bulldog against a Bat Chat, 3 Leo 1's, an IS7 and a T30 ain't real appealing to me. I tried to get help North, but the lemming train kept chugging up the opposite way. So, I basically yolo scouted into the opfor's Northern push. Got bitched at for sui scouting. Told the team to go choke on a bag of aids infected dicks and left.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know, your team isn't really that bad. I'd consider that an actually decent team for the most part.

A large majority of your teammates are above 1000 WN8.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:25:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Haters gonna HATE

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Haters gonna HATE

I could buy that amount of gold for $200 (plus some free shit). That is so much better than wasting 1-2 hours, 6 nights a week, for 10 weeks. And, I would still be married after the purchase, as opposed to the unlikelihood that I would still be married after 10 weeks of tournament play.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:37:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Working my way up the chain....
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:56:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

The problem I have been seeing lately is a shitload of terrible high tier heavy tank players (8-10), which don't do anywhere near their HP in damage per game.  That hurts the most b/c it's hard to make that back a lot of times late game which go AFK or don't even leave the cap because their buddy is AFK and they have to guard his tank and when the team only has two tier 8 heavies and the other team has seven of them, you're pretty much screwed.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:57:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
http://wotlabs.net/sig/na/QuicksilverJPR/signature.png

Working my way up the chain....
View Quote

Nice you statpadder
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:21:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I could buy that amount of gold for $200 (plus some free shit). That is so much better than wasting 1-2 hours, 6 nights a week, for 10 weeks. And, I would still be married after the purchase, as opposed to the unlikelihood that I would still be married after 10 weeks of tournament play.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Haters gonna HATE

But if your gonna be on anyway.... nice to make the gold

I dont disagree a bit though.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:29:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My single best M53/55 shot was a premium round on the middle of three moron T95's lined up all nice and neat. Right at 2100 damage for the single round with splash.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:46:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

My single best M53/55 shot was a premium round on the middle of three moron T95's lined up all nice and neat. Right at 2100 damage for the single round with splash.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have had probably a hundred double hits on tanks, but I have never killed two with the same shell before.

Kinda reminds me of the T92 video and blowing up a bunch of MS1s I think....
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I have had probably a hundred double hits on tanks, but I have never killed two with the same shell before.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No multi-kills??

I have one, though no where near as impressive as 3 T95s: A BDR G1B and a Valentine. Got it with my KV-2. I didn't even know the valentine was there until the kill list showed up on the side.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:05:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

With the caveat being: Once you are good, and know how to play, and you are in a HEAVY ... then just take it with a grain of salt that you are ALWAYS spotted.

Manic is correct about it as you become more advanced it's redundant to playstyle.

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
well when I start looking for the answers to the questions Im asking and getting multi opinions on it I generally go to the ones that have the serious stats
so far that has worked

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/244802-my-standardized-crewequipmentammoconsumables-setup-v20/

all my tanks get 6th first
most get retrained to BIA midway through the 3rd

Almost all the superunicums recommend 6th as a first skill on every tank.

JMO

TRG

I agree...  6th Sense is on a delay and plenty of time for a TD to shoot you.  I often wondered why I was getting shot without it going off. The 3 second delay was enough for me to dump it.  Now I just assume I have been spotted and I never park where artie can get me.  If I played TDs  or sniped then I would keep it, but I roll with the fatties and flank or poke out. So I'm nearly always spotted.

So I find BIA is better and that tiny little amount of extra acceleration often makes the difference when poking out and rolling back.  I use coated optics for when I need to spot. I may dump the rammer and go with vert stab, optics, and vents when I get the FV2402.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:08:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Has anyone tried buying anything on the WarGaming site today?  I have been trying to buy some more premium time and I keep getting an error message after entering my credit card info.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#28]

As far as XVM goes...  I get shit teams with certain tanks.  55% win rate in my Cent 1 and like 42% in the Cent 7/1. Or 50% in the T-44 and 40% in the T-54  The tanks play the same and I play them the same.  But most often the T9-10 matches finish with my team wiped out and the enemy team only lost a 3rd of their team.  Then looking at the stats... often times 5-7 players did zero damage.  And this can go on and on...  10-12 matches in a row.

I started out good in my 7/1 too.  i won like 20 out of my first 25 matches. Then the bottom fell out and I just got a tsunami o tards and ended up losing almost 30 straight matches. And it hasn't improved.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No multi-kills??

I have one, though no where near as impressive as 3 T95s: A BDR G1B and a Valentine. Got it with my KV-2. I didn't even know the valentine was there until the kill list showed up on the side.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No multi-kills??

While I have quite a few Bombardier medals, this particular one didn't kill any of the T95's. I hit the center one for just under 1K if memory serves and the other two for 500ish each from the splash.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:28:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Of relevance to M103 discussion. I've put a couple of replays up.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/395289-m-103-tanki-appreciate-thoughts-on-the-tank/
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Rumor is that he is a member here...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Finally got to see Chieftain ingame!

Had to shoot him though...

http://i.imgur.com/0epHapT.jpg

Rumor hell, did you see the posts a few up from yours
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:40:35 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Finally got to see Chieftain ingame!

Had to shoot him though...

http://i.imgur.com/0epHapT.jpg
He should really change his avatar... "for the n00bz" here.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:43:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Somebody, who shall remain nameless - but I suspect we won't be hearing much about PzIV derpage for a while, was a bad, bad tanker apparently.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:44:35 PM EDT
[#34]
My day so far Toe Mate Ohs

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Yep, think I'm done after this one.

1400 odd damage in a tier 10 battle isn't too bad.

Experience, I will take all of them

4521 WN8
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:43:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Nice WN8 game.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:01:50 PM EDT
[#37]

Still improving... I like my TD's (just got T28 porto and am 30k away from T28), but I'm really getting into the T29 too
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:25:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Just had a T8 game in my T25AT-- 8 of our team had -0- damage....I was locked up for 3 minutes while my daughter checked her email and listened to Pandora in driveway--still finished with over 2600 damage.   How the HELL can you get to T8 and have half your team do NOTHING?

Leisure--what did a certain "PZIV" fan actually DO??  Inquiring minds want to know....   And I will be having Shuller's on Sunday-staying at little Sis's house Sat. after the OSU/Ill. game
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:39:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Somebody, who shall remain nameless - but I suspect we won't be hearing much about PzIV derpage for a while, was a bad, bad tanker apparently.
View Quote

Care to elaborate?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:54:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Had a damn good night of tanks, thanks Larry and Zoomies!
This happened
T37 Ace
Overall stats for the night
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:59:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:31:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:26:13 AM EDT
[#43]
fuck this game. I've spent over $4,000 on this game over three years.

People are going to fuck my tourney team over some stupid shit....

I bet some other game will take my money.

I'm done.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:35:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/E9phFfnbQxNh8_8fw-YY3Qo4DJt9_1FwCkWAclrEZeY=w1204-h58-no

I'm done.

View Quote

Do you submit that the amount of money you have spent should exempt you from the rules? I note you don't claim to be innocent of the charge which got you sanctioned.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:56:47 AM EDT
[#45]
ok, so i bought the t20 tonight.  did the usual suspension in an equipment slot so that i could mount the best gun immediately, but was tremendously disappointed with the tank.  handled like...a thing that handles badly and goes slowly.  but holy crap!  the suspension module makes more difference in this tank than any other i've played.  that thing is just a hoot to drive now.

now, how do i get the most out of it?  armor is nonexistent, so play it like a hellcat, or what?

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:06:21 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Do you submit that the amount of money you have spent should exempt you from the rules? I note you don't claim to be innocent of the charge which got you sanctioned.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/E9phFfnbQxNh8_8fw-YY3Qo4DJt9_1FwCkWAclrEZeY=w1204-h58-no

I'm done.

Goofing around and calling someone a faggot isn't sufficient for me to be banned for 3 days.

Especially when your fucking rules don't specify shit. Chat ban? Fine.

Ban me? Eat a dick.

You motherfuckers want to make up the rules as you go, and selectively enforce them? Fuck that shit. I'll pay some other game developer.

I haven't done anything different for the last three fucking years. YOU MOTHERFUCKERS changed your shit, and didn't say fuck-all until some whiny cunt got sand in her asshole.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:09:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Tell you what, to prove my point.

Give me a +1 to my post for everyone who has said "faggot" in game, and not gotten a 3 day ban.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:10:12 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Tell you what, to prove my point.

Give me a +1 to my post for everyone who has said "faggot" in game, and not gotten a 3 day ban.
View Quote
I'll start.

+1 - until today

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:32:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Ended up getting my B-C 25 last night.  So far it's been a fun tank.  It's a great marriage between the 13 90 and the Lorr 40T.  Don't have the last gun but it's playable with the second gun.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:42:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'm done.

View Quote

I just came here to call you a fag and also a chicken fucker.
Page / 1010
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top