BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1010
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:17:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

More importantly, the potential amount of damage for you to get is a two or threefold increase over what you can otherwise get.

I too had about the worst night of tanks two days ago. Couldn't buy a win, RNG was ridiculous, and MM had me with solid tomato teams every time. Some would say that this is an opportunity to do crazy damage, but when you're fighting solid blue green/purple teams with tomatoes, you're not going to do much more than a thousand or two damage before getting knocked out. The good players know that you're a threat and they'll all focus you down so they can have a good time raping dumbfuck noobs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sure hasn't seemed like that lately.  Been way to many guys with < 2k games, a< 45% win rate, and < 300Wn8 for them to be "quality" players of any type.

But yes, in general the game play is a bit better

More importantly, the potential amount of damage for you to get is a two or threefold increase over what you can otherwise get.

I too had about the worst night of tanks two days ago. Couldn't buy a win, RNG was ridiculous, and MM had me with solid tomato teams every time. Some would say that this is an opportunity to do crazy damage, but when you're fighting solid blue green/purple teams with tomatoes, you're not going to do much more than a thousand or two damage before getting knocked out. The good players know that you're a threat and they'll all focus you down so they can have a good time raping dumbfuck noobs.

Yeah, that has been the only bright spot about the terrible teams...for the most part I've been able to do a lot of damage (hence my recent WN8 being pretty good compared to my average) and in many cases am top damage and kills, so in the losses I sometimes get full XP for "Courageous resistance."  I have had the games though where the good enemy players seek me out and focus me down.

I've had some realy low damage games, including some 0 damage games where I'll get off 1 or 2 shots that usually bounce, and then get ammo racked, set of fire, and 1/2 my crew killed prior to dying.  I would like to think I wasn't yolo-ing, but maybe I am.  I've had several recent games where I go to the rock in A5/6 on airfield, which used to be one of my go-to spots to be a general PITA in my medium tanks.  I could usually sit back and get side shots all day long from that spot.  Recently I've had teams that aren't smart enough to recognize this, so don't push the brawling corner, which allows the tanks in the hills to all focus fire on me and kill me.

Another example is the overwatch spot on Mountain pass from south spawn.  I used to go to that spot and absolutely dominate the match, shooting the snipers from the north spawn, shooting guys that would cross bridge, or shoot guys down in the ice lake that are crossing.  Now it seems like nobody will push to the J line, so once I'm in position, I get flanked by 3 or 4 heavy tanks and am quickly focused down.

That in turn has probably affected my game play a bit.  I'm now playing very conservatively, not willing to stick my neck out and get creamed early in a match.  Usually I am the last alive on my team and end up having to fight off multiple tanks at the end before dying.   Maybe my over conservativeness means I'm not helping my team as much as I need to early, and they are just so bad that they can't hold their own.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:19:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Turn
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:20:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Turn the page....
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:22:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Had an okay night after strongholds, still a few hundred K off the KV-1s to buy it, then gotta grind that beeotch.

Also, sorry Larry and co for that game on Campinovka. I had to shoot you guys, nothing personal.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:02:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Fully upgraded my E50 this weekend.  This bitch is an absolute beast.  It might be my new favorite tank.  Although, in this game, some of my teammates didn't think too much of my play....

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:15:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Fully upgraded my E50 this weekend.  This bitch is an absolute beast.  It might be my new favorite tank.  Although, in this game, some of my teammates didn't think too much of my play....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/ShepherdPIctures/ScreenShot2014-08-17E50at71051PM_zps333dfe91.png

View Quote

Mine is still stock. Sad times :-(
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:28:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

And there are a shitpile of goofy one of a kind tanks that we don't have/can't get. There's an American tier 3 tank that looks like it's an anti aircraft tank with two guns sticking out the front, the BT-SV is slick, and the M6A2E3 in hulldown is hilarious.
View Quote
The M6A2E1 has 89mm turret cheeks due to a mistake.

Premium tanks are being rebuilt as HD tanks first, and the M6A2E1 is included and likely to have this corrected.

It is also supposed to get a buff.

Storm posted this in one of his Q&As.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:31:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yeah, I play when the kids go to bed. I think I'm going to take the night off though. I only have 1.3/4 million credits anyhow. I won't be buying a tier 10 any time soon even if I do nothing buy grind my prem tanks. I have an E100 to buy as well. Yeah, I started with the 100mm.

View Quote
E-100.. don't, unless you are buying it just for clan activities.  It's not a pub/solo tank.  I would buy an ST-I and a JagdTiger (both are XP and WN8 generators) before I'd buy an E-100 (I have one... it is really cool, but not a game changer usually, as it was before premium ammo)

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:35:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/ShepherdPIctures/ScreenShot2014-08-17E50at71051PM_zps333dfe91.png

The grind is painful...esp for the 10,5.   I went tracks>8,8 L/71>turret>10,5>engine.  She really starts to shine with the phenomenal 10,5.   One of the best guns I've yet played in WOT.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:42:19 AM EDT
[#10]
So are we getting a free Tier 8 Premium FV4202 or not ??

BTW I am just a Baddie in a Baddie Clan

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:44:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

E-100.. don't, unless you are buying it just for clan activities.  It's not a pub/solo tank.  I would buy an ST-I and a JagdTiger (both are XP and WN8 generators) before I'd buy an E-100 (I have one... it is really cool, but not a game changer usually, as it was before premium ammo)

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I play when the kids go to bed. I think I'm going to take the night off though. I only have 1.3/4 million credits anyhow. I won't be buying a tier 10 any time soon even if I do nothing buy grind my prem tanks. I have an E100 to buy as well. Yeah, I started with the 100mm.

Seems to be the common line of thought with that tank. Seems that mediums rule the day at top tiers.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:46:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

http://wotlabs.net/sig_dark/na/Bear_Killer/signature.png
View Quote

I can't imagine WG giving away something like that but who knows.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:48:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's my primary grind just in case.

I just unlocked the Cent 1 7/1 last night.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:50:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The grind is painful...esp for the 10,5.   I went tracks>8,8 L/71>turret>10,5>engine.  She really starts to shine with the phenomenal 10,5.   One of the best guns I've yet played in WOT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With the Leo 1 in game, I'm surprised the E50M isn't getting the axe. WG are starting to cut down on fairy tale tanks, and are aparently looking to replace with more historical versions. My understanding is that the E50 and 50M guns were supposed to be the L7 in everything but name. Now that the Leo 1 is here, with the L7, I'm not sure the fantasy E50M makes sense in anything but giving that line a tier X tank. Could the Panther line be readjusted to make the E50 a tier X? What other tanks could possibly replace it?
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:52:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same. Once I get the KV-1S it's full steam in the Cent 7, E50, and the Brit heavy line. I want to get to the tier X Brit heavy before the Chieftain arrives.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
With the Leo 1 in game, I'm surprised the E50M isn't getting the axe. WG are starting to cut down on fairy tale tanks, and are aparently looking to replace with more historical versions. My understanding is that the E50 and 50M guns were supposed to be the L7 in everything but name. Now that the Leo 1 is here, with the L7, I'm not sure the fantasy E50M makes sense in anything but giving that line a tier X tank. Could the Panther line be readjusted to make the E50 a tier X? What other tanks could possibly replace it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

E50m is probably going away in the near future.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you own a 4202 currently?
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 12:14:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeap, you need the 4202 in your garage if you want it as a Tier VIII premium when the Tier X replacement takes place.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 12:15:51 PM EDT
[#19]
1st battle of the day:

Victory!

Highway

ST-I

Experience received:3,080   ( x2)    45,802  

Battle achievements Mastery Badge: "2nd Class"

Repairs:    -10 860  

Ammunition:    -15 975  

Total:    18 967      WN8: 3 372 (100)

gg bitches, I'm out!
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 12:33:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is the current word on the street. However, The E50 ain't going away.   As I understand it, the current plan is to buff the E50 and move it to a Tier 10 with possible alternate hulls.  This makes some sense as the E50M is basically an E50 with a 300hp bump in the engine, standard APCR round (50+ increased pen, same damage), and a new hull that simply moves the transmission to the rear of the tank.  

Leo 1 ain't no E50 or E50M.  Completely different tanks.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 12:34:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

1st battle of the day:

Victory!

Highway

ST-I

Experience received:3,080   ( x2)    45,802  

Battle achievements Mastery Badge: "2nd Class"

Repairs:    -10 860  

Ammunition:    -15 975  

Total:    18 967      WN8: 3 372 (100)

gg bitches, I'm out!
View Quote
That tank is crazy... it is easy to do well in it, and the big turret seems to house an extra WN8/XP generating crewmember.  But, Ace is a difficult proposition. It is my highest avg XP tank.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 12:44:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Map: Malinovka

M7
1,072    31,837  

Battle achievements Confederate, Scout, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

Total: 29 235     WN8: 3 160 (99)  

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

That tank is crazy... it is easy to do well in it, and the big turret seems to house an extra WN8/XP generating crewmember.  But, Ace is a difficult proposition. It is my highest avg XP tank.

View Quote

I got lucky with my Ace. VIIs and VIIIs all over the place. At one point I literally yolo'd out and recieved no damage, until a few of them switched to HE.

While I'm probably going out on a limb here...I think the ST-I is a better "heavy" tank than the E75 due to it's substantially better turret armor. The obvious trade off is mobility (which makes the E75 a better IX tank overall).

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 12:59:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I got lucky with my Ace. VIIs and VIIIs all over the place. At one point I literally yolo'd out and recieved no damage, until a few of them switched to HE.

While I'm probably going out on a limb here...I think the ST-I is a better "heavy" tank than the E75 due to it's substantially better turret armor. The obvious trade off is mobility (which makes the E75 a better IX tank overall).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My ST-I has bounced shots from all different flavors of  E100.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote
My first couple WT E-100 bounces took me by surprise. Now, I know to expect it.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 1:05:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The sad thing is that pubbies never use the reload cycle you've just given them to go flank.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 1:11:40 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

The sad thing is that pubbies never use the reload cycle you've just given them to go flank.

View Quote

It can be hard to keep track the shots from autoloaders if they're on the 2nd line. I've seen a lot of players with autoloaders back off after the 1st shot and bait players in. I've fallen for it a few times, and I've pulled it off a few times.

My best memory was baiting in a Tiger II vs. my Lorraine 40t (when it was a Tier VIII med), I shot off two rounds and started backing up...he followed thinking I was empty and I unloaded the rest of my drum for a easy kill and only 300ish HP down. Afterwards he PM'd me and asked me what the reload was on the drum.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just got the Cent 7/1 (totally stock) last night.

I have to grind the Cent 7/1 and I will have it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 1:43:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once you own the 4202, you'll get it as the premium

I call that a good trade, all in all.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 2:08:26 PM EDT
[#30]
So, new D-Day map apparently. Still in supertest, but a new map nonetheless.

Here's what bugs me: Why no Villers-Bocage style map? Why no Battle of the Bulge style map? How about Arnhem or Market Garden?

Even better, why not release some mapping "tools" or reference materials, and let the community design some maps? If your map gets voted in and implemented, you get a big gold reward, maybe a Type 59, and your acct name on the splash page while the battle loads?
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Okay, I just decided I should start to care about my stats and WN8...

Can any of y'all tell me how I'm doing? I really don't know what sites or programs I should be looking at, I am TheTallOne17 in game.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 2:48:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Can any of y'all tell me how I'm doing? I really don't know what sites or programs I should be looking at, I am TheTallOne17 in game.
View Quote

Go here-I'm guessing you play on the NA server.

http://wotlabs.net/
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 2:55:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Another day, another good game with the US rape machine; M46 Patton

6908 WN8 for that match, unfortunately I had some baddie moments with the Cent 7/1 (where'd that FV 183 come from?) and E75 (tag teamed by Conq GC arties) that brought my WN8 down for the day.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote
Your recent stats are pretty good. Overall, not so much. Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll be fine.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:03:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would say they are definitley in the same conversation.  I am a better player now than I was when I still had an ST-I (sold it to und my IS-4 for clam woes way back when) and I really really like the E75 and "feel" like it is a better tank.

But they both can be just about impossible to pen if you are well positioned.  I give a slight edge to the Alpha on the E75.  Something about hitting someone for 500hp vs. mid 400's seems to really have a pyschological impact, even if the DPM comes out similar in the end.

The plus side for the STI is lower profile and you don't see nearly as many in game, and thus the average pubby has less exposure to them, and thus is less likely to know how to kill one.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:03:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Your recent stats are pretty good. Overall, not so much. Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll be fine.  

http://wotlabs.net/sig_dark/na/TheTallOne17/signature.png

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks! What program is that?
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:09:32 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just google wotlabs. Put your user name on the top right spot on the home page an go from there. The page it takes you to will have "signatures". That's what you're looking at right there. It also gives a better break down of what you have been doing. Those 60 day stats ain't nothing to sneeze at. Just remember to keep your damage output proportional to the tier as you move up and work on staying aliveas much as you can

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:15:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Just google wotlabs. Put your user name on the top right spot on the home page an go from there. The page it takes you to will have "signatures". That's what you're looking at right there. It also gives a better break down of what you have been doing. Those 60 day stats ain't nothing to sneeze at. Just remember to keep your damage output proportional to the tier as you move up and work on staying aliveas much as you can  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
[div style='margin-left: 40px;']
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool, thanks
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:20:44 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Here's what bugs me: Why no Villers-Bocage style map? Why no Battle of the Bulge style map? How about Arnhem or Market Garden?

Even better, why not release some mapping "tools" or reference materials, and let the community design some maps? If your map gets voted in and implemented, you get a big gold reward, maybe a Type 59, and your acct name on the splash page while the battle loads?
View Quote
needs more barrage balloons!

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:42:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

It wouldn't take long for there to be a "Nam themed map with a boom boom bar in town and "me so horny-me love you long time" sound effects.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:15:16 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
It wouldn't take long for there to be a "Nam themed map with a boom boom bar in town and "me so horny-me love you long time" sound effects.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Here is my submission: Winter Eastern Front

It would take all of 5 minutes to create.

Just need a snow texture, and no terraforming at all.

And for variety, with minimal work they could do: Spring Eastern Front, complete with mud texture and a few mud holes.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:23:29 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1aApAXsTWwA/UCAIKCoLOcI/AAAAAAAACZA/TyS8YlwgTAo/s1600/Russian+Front+Jan+1942+German+Anti+Tank+Gun+in+Action.jpg

And for variety, with minimal work they could do: Spring Eastern Front, complete with mud texture and a few mud holes.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f1/Bundesarchiv_Bild_101III-Merz-014-12A,_Russland,_Beginn_Unternehmen_Zitadelle,_Panzer.jpg

View Quote

Hard to say which tank would rule the roost with maps like these. I suppose if you could get a low-profile medium in a mud hole, they'd be unstoppable. We'll call em WN8 holes.

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1aApAXsTWwA/UCAIKCoLOcI/AAAAAAAACZA/TyS8YlwgTAo/s1600/Russian+Front+Jan+1942+German+Anti+Tank+Gun+in+Action.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f1/Bundesarchiv_Bild_101III-Merz-014-12A,_Russland,_Beginn_Unternehmen_Zitadelle,_Panzer.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe the second one is called steppes

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:28:22 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Hard to say which tank would rule the roost with maps like these. I suppose if you could get a low-profile medium in a mud hole, they'd be unstoppable. We'll call em WN8 holes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Stugs, flat panzers and e25's of course

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:35:32 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I know it's piker-level compared to most of y'all,
but I'm jazzed about having gotten the Mark of Excellence thingy (just 1, though) on both T25/2 and T32 lately.

View Quote

don't downplay it--a barrel band is quite respectable, and they're not that common.  it's very rare to see a player with 2 marks, and i've never seen 3 in game.  especially for a popular tank like the t32, it really is an achievement.

so seriously, congratulations.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:57:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Seems to be the common line of thought with that tank. Seems that mediums rule the day at top tiers.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Run an IS7 or 110E5 and you might change your mind a little on that one.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

don't downplay it--a barrel band is quite respectable, and they're not that common.  it's very rare to see a player with 2 marks, and i've never seen 3 in game.  especially for a popular tank like the t32, it really is an achievement.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know it's piker-level compared to most of y'all, but I'm jazzed about having gotten the Mark of Excellence thingy (just 1, though) on both T25/2 and T32 lately.

I've got one mark on the Hellcat and one on the T49. Never noticed them until a couple weeks ago. I'm close to having the second on my T49
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 5:01:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Cent 7, once you get the L7 gun isn't a grind. It is pure fucking fun and absolutely a keeper tank in every way.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 5:02:28 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I've got one mark on the Hellcat and one on the T49. Never noticed them until a couple weeks ago. I'm close to having the second on my T49
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know it's piker-level compared to most of y'all, but I'm jazzed about having gotten the Mark of Excellence thingy (just 1, though) on both T25/2 and T32 lately.

I barely play my t49 anymore and I looooooved that tank. In fact I have a 4 skill crew in it. I should go for the marks on that tank. How hard could it be?

Link Posted: 8/19/2014 5:03:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Another day, another good game with the US rape machine; M46 Patton

<a href="http://s1145.photobucket.com/user/John_Nam/media/shot_001_zps78f50499.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o506/John_Nam/shot_001_zps78f50499.jpg</a>

6908 WN8 for that match, unfortunately I had some baddie moments with the Cent 7/1 (where'd that FV 183 come from?) and E75 (tag teamed by Conq GC arties) that brought my WN8 down for the day.

View Quote

You know damned well that if you keep having games like that you're going to get that thing nerfed right?

But you're right, it's a great tank now, not that it was ever bad, but now it's amazing. Even Larry is now a total M46 convert.
Page / 1010
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top