Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1010
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:42:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Just bought this little tank, I have so much stuff researched already from going up the FV183 and FV215B lines that I figured I'd go for the FV4202.

Of course while I'm raping and pillaging our Hummel smashes me for over 400 damage... Had that not happend I would have won the match... I hate people who take pot shots at a tank that's on fire with less than 100HP to try to steal a kill.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:46:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Firmly believe 6th sense is the best skill you can have on a commander.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Since I'm reinstalling OMC, does anybody know which mod it was that gives you a kind of blue wedge running out from your tank giving effective armor from that angle?  I somehow lost it when going from 9.0 to 9.1, and I can't remember what it was called.
Turn the previews on and you'll see it.  

Thanks.  I THINK I've got it.  Guess I'll find out when I light things up.

Dumped some gold and 100%ed my Cruiser IV crew.  Haven't decided which skills to give the crew yet, so Ill probably just give the commander mentor and the rest of them camo, although snap shot seems like it might be a good choice on an autoloader because of the dispersion between shots.

Top engine, tracks, radio, turret, Bofors gun, camo paint, vents.

We gonna do some practice battles this week?

Seriously, stop using mentor as your first skill.

You get nothing out of it battle wise. While your guys will train *slightly* faster, you are hamstringing yourself of a useful skill. By the time that skill reaches 100% your guys might have gotten to 100% a single battle earlier. If you get a tank to four skills, by all means, throw mentor on your commander and use him to train other crews in a premium tank.

Giving your commander recon, repair, camo, etc is a skill that will instantly benefit you, and you quite probably would have made the XP in wins that you otherwise would not have gotten because you didn't see that guy, he saw you, or you were tracked for too long having already blown your repair kit.

You would be right. However it does precisely nothing until 100% so why not run something useful and retrain?....especially since he's bringing that tank to the tourney this weekend

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:47:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Anybody else having difficulty with the new OMC modpack?  Just logged in for my first 9.2 game, and aside from finally dumping into the match 5 minutes in (which probably has nothing to do with OMC) most of the pack doesn't seem like it's active.  I know for sure that my reticules are messed up, and I can't get my WIN8 stats to display at all.  No hit logs, nothing.  I thought I'd gotten this shit figured out after the 9.1 patch, but I guess I'm no longer bright enough to figure things out.  Or maybe I've just not fueled the beer reactor properly
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:49:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'm sure it is.

I know some of our folks don't have tier Xs, and I don't know if we will have 15 players online with tier Xs.

So I figure we can start small.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Need as many AR_15 online as we can get at 9PM CST tonight for Stronghold skirmishes tonight!!!!

We will meet in AR15 teamspeak.

What tier are these?
6 and 8

We aren't doing 10s, due to lack of them in the clan.

300+ Tier 10's isn't enough for this? I better look this over.

I'm sure it is.

I know some of our folks don't have tier Xs, and I don't know if we will have 15 players online with tier Xs.

So I figure we can start small.

So is this a mix of cw and tc's?

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:50:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'll explain it tonight.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:52:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Anybody else having difficulty with the new OMC modpack?  Just logged in for my first 9.2 game, and aside from finally dumping into the match 5 minutes in (which probably has nothing to do with OMC) most of the pack doesn't seem like it's active.  I know for sure that my reticules are messed up, and I can't get my WIN8 stats to display at all.  No hit logs, nothing.  I thought I'd gotten this shit figured out after the 9.1 patch, but I guess I'm no longer bright enough to figure things out.  Or maybe I've just not fueled the beer reactor properly
View Quote
I believe there are compatibility issues right now. They updated the modpack a few hours ago....again. So, just go to the website and download it again. Your checked boxes should be saved. Mine were hit install and go!

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:56:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'll explain it tonight.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll explain it tonight.

What time are you starting?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:01:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll explain it tonight.

Now

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:07:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone else wish that you could buy a crew skill with gold? 200 gold for the first skill and limit of 3 skills bought maybe?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:07:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I believe there are compatibility issues right now. They updated the modpack a few hours ago....again. So, just go to the website and download it again. Your checked boxes should be saved. Mine were hit install and go!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just went through and installed again.  Noticed that the session stats section was empty, so that essplains that .  The real disorienting thing was that the server side reticule looked exactly like the client side reticule.  And I don't know about you guys, but mine NEVER EVER line up!  I had it set up for the server side to be blue, which sets it off nicely, and I can't believe how long I played without that!

So, Commander set to recon, Driver to off road driving, since Mines, the other 2 to camo.

XVM showing active in the garage, so, that's fixed, although still no session stats.  Off to see if any or all of the other mods are back.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:11:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Anyone else wish that you could buy a crew skill with gold? 200 gold for the first skill and limit of 3 skills bought maybe?
View Quote

Every time I train a new crew!  But then I realize what a clusterfuck it would become if every snotnose who could swipe mom's CC was running around with 400 games and 3 skill crews in everything , and I get over it.  

I just wish that more of these 50% off crew reskill weekends were 50% off training weekends.  Woulda saved me $1.50 just this last week  That's almost a quart and a half of gas!  I could be going places!  ALthough, I'd probably just have trained 2 crews instead.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:26:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Just went through and installed again.  Noticed that the session stats section was empty, so that essplains that .  The real disorienting thing was that the server side reticule looked exactly like the client side reticule.  And I don't know about you guys, but mine NEVER EVER line up!  I had it set up for the server side to be blue, which sets it off nicely, and I can't believe how long I played without that!

So, Commander set to recon, Driver to off road driving, since Mines, the other 2 to camo.

XVM showing active in the garage, so, that's fixed, although still no session stats.  Off to see if any or all of the other mods are back.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just installed the latest OMC pack too and it seems like there are mods that aren't even listed, I suppose they have been removed until they are known to be compatible. I'm getting XVM stats in game, but no after battle when you can click on a players user info and it would usually show their stats in the upper right hand of the user info window. I'm also not getting the xvm stats when you click on the "user notification" icon in the lower right. I miss locastans minimap mod, I really miss knowing my view range and last known enemy positions.

Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:44:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, I guess I'm done for awhile.  Logged into 3 games total tonight-- the first game was 5 minutes in before I spawned.  The second nearly that, and the last, I spawned in just in time to see my team kill the last enemy tank.  Can't play as a bot, so I think I'm in for an uninstall/reinstall.  FML!
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:06:40 AM EDT
[#14]
20 games into the Cromwell and I've got two ace tankers in it, this may be the first tier 6 I keep haha!

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:08:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I just installed the latest OMC pack too and it seems like there are mods that aren't even listed, I suppose they have been removed until they are known to be compatible. I'm getting XVM stats in game, but no after battle when you can click on a players user info and it would usually show their stats in the upper right hand of the user info window. I'm also not getting the xvm stats when you click on the "user notification" icon in the lower right. I miss locastans minimap mod, I really miss knowing my view range and last known enemy positions.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, it's going to take a few days for things to get back to normal. I'm sure minimaps and such are being worked on.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:37:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hammer meet nail.

But retrain for 6th sense. Don't grind for it. Put repair, camo, or awareness so you have a bonus while you grind.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 12:44:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
20 games into the Cromwell and I've got two ace tankers in it, this may be the first tier 6 I keep haha!

http://i.imgur.com/g6JzIBE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/64B9YQs.jpg
View Quote

Cromwell is the tier 6 heavy hitter.

Catch any other tank in the game 1 v 1 and you are going to murder him.

Especially Hellcats. Cromwells make mincemeat out of Hellcats. KV1s's are fun to rape too. They'll usually get one shot off and from then on, it's Cromwell time. Also you can reload fast enough to face hug him and still pull off the kill.

But don't play it too much. Fucking shitbird Russians at WG will notice that people have discovered how much fun the Cromwell actually is and they'll hit it with the nerf-dumptruck like they did the Hellcat.

I swear that anytime people figure out a truly fun tank, the better players gravitate to it because it's *GASP!* fun, and WG can't have no "Fun" on their game, so they nerf it into obscurity.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:04:20 AM EDT
[#18]
85% wr out of 20 games in skirmishes!!

We made a load of resources and had a blast, thanks to all that showed up!!!

Nice work AR_15!!!!

Oh, and because LOL!

Yea, thats 17632 wn8!!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:06:37 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Nice work AR_15!!!!

Oh, and because LOL!

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l543/bobjonesar15/shot_050_zps5dc22e80.jpg

Yea, thats 17632 wn8!!!
View Quote
Lol nice. Where did you get the stat pack? Its not working for the modpack installer.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:08:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Especially Hellcats. Cromwells make mincemeat out of Hellcats. KV1s's are fun to rape too. They'll usually get one shot off and from then on, it's Cromwell time. Also you can reload fast enough to face hug him and still pull off the kill.

But don't play it too much. Fucking shitbird Russians at WG will notice that people have discovered how much fun the Cromwell actually is and they'll hit it with the nerf-dumptruck like they did the Hellcat.

I swear that anytime people figure out a truly fun tank, the better players gravitate to it because it's *GASP!* fun, and WG can't have no "Fun" on their game, so they nerf it into obscurity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

26 games in and my third Ace tanker in it....

Hmmm is this why you guys Seal Club so much? Vast majority of my games are tier 8 and up... If I play a few hundred games with this thing I'll be a damn unicorn haha
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:09:40 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Lol nice. Where did you get the stat pack? Its not working for the modpack installer.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice work AR_15!!!!

Oh, and because LOL!

Yea, thats 17632 wn8!!!
I have my own mod pack now.

you can download it from my TS channel "stat padding" (file browser)

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:25:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Nice work AR_15!!!!

Oh, and because LOL!

Yea, thats 17632 wn8!!!
View Quote

thats not a hellcat

oh wait
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:26:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/mt83C0V.jpg

Hmmm is this why you guys Seal Club so much? Vast majority of my games are tier 8 and up... If I play a few hundred games with this thing I'll be a damn unicorn haha
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

welcome to stat padding
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:28:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

welcome to stat padding
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

welcome to stat padding

That explains how you're not yellow than...
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:34:12 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote
Wait til you get the Comet.

It's better, and easier to farm WN8.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:43:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

welcome to stat padding

It explains anyone above a 1600.  Half the G guys run nothing but IS-6/FCM50t platoons to statpad.  Get used to it.

Besides, I was like an 1100 wn8 before I even really found out about ratings/cared about stats.  As long as you're not a complete retard at this game or any other, you're going to be yellow or better.  I grew up in the golden age of video games and computer games so transitioning to this wasn't hard for me.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 1:48:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

see, i fuckin hated the comet with a passion

loved the crommy
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 2:33:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Well, I'm lost.  Complete uninstall and reinstall and I'm still not able to get into a match.  I get the splash screen that tells me what map the battle is on, what the win chances are, who's playing, etc.  Then it just sits there.  I can watch the progress of the battle as tanks go grey, but that's it.  Game isn't freezing, or I wouldn't be able to track the dying tanks, right?  And when the match is over, I get dumped back into my garage and everything's normal again.  

This is worse than it was when 9.0 hit.  Go to WG to open a ticket, but there's an automated "path" to follow that doesn't address the problem or allow me to address it.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:27:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Map: Karelia
Vehicle: Type 59
Exp: 2,214  Credits: 127,846
Battle achievements: Top Gun, High Caliber, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"
WN8 of 10553.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:45:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Okay, having submitted a trouble ticket (much like asking for directions) I removed OMC and the game pukes me right into the matches.  So whatever was keeping me out must be something to do with OMC.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:51:05 AM EDT
[#31]
I think the mighty Type can pull this out....

And, no, I wasn't camping.... I ran back to base to farm damage as the assault collapsed (Thanks Brad!)
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:53:38 AM EDT
[#32]
tourney play last night... many of you will remember this maneuver.....

even managed to get in a taunt!

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:28:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uh yea Turbo is right and not raining on your parade but 1K XP is kinda LOW for the crommy to get ACE, guessing people are not playing it as much for some reason right now.
and Yea as soon as the hellcat gets its final nerf I think the crommy will be up next, then the T34-85
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:32:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry Brad that may be for YOU.... but the comet..... Meh typical T7 med, either no gun or no alpha, they are all the same.
"I sure hope I can flank, or its gonna be an EXPENSIVE match"
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:34:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

loved the crommy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

loved the crommy

I dont HATE it like I did the T43, but tier for tier the Crommy is a better tank.... which also explains the Comet being easier to stat pad in..
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:06:22 AM EDT
[#36]
What teamspeak are you using for the Skirmishes?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:09:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
What teamspeak are you using for the Skirmishes?
View Quote

AR15
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:28:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Upcoming missions shows only "We heard you like tanks".  Starts Friday August 1, 5:59PM, ends Friday, August 1, 9:59PM.  Conditions, In each battle, join the top ten players on your team by experience earned.  Requirements: Tier IV and up, looks like.  Prize, 1 garage slot, 1 LTP.

The catch.  Apparently, in those 4 hours, you've got to accumulate 40K appliable exp.  And here's me with no Tier 8+.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:36:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Upcoming missions shows only "We heard you like tanks".  Starts Friday August 1, 5:59PM, ends Friday, August 1, 9:59PM.  Conditions, In each battle, join the top ten players on your team by experience earned.  Requirements: Tier IV and up, looks like.  Prize, 1 garage slot, 1 LTP.

The catch.  Apparently, in those 4 hours, you've got to accumulate 40K appliable exp.  And here's me with no Tier 8+.
View Quote

Appliable xp? As in, must play tanks that aren't elite?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:13:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL Not even sure that's possible

6 matches an hr with avg 1500 XP per match (not that hard if you WIN every match), but for a LTP/850 gold?

Me thinks they screwed up on that one or maybe not...... if not

BIG YAWN

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:14:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

XP in the correct tanks..... T4 up I think....
with tourneys I dont think I can do it....gives me 2hrs to work on it

not that I care.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:22:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

not that I care.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

not that I care.

neither do I.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:26:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just says be in the top 10 players in each match by xp, and rack up 40k xp. It's basically everything tier 4 and up. I don't know if that alleged "double xp" anniversary thing will be in effect in that time frame, but I would suspect at least double xp wins would count.

What really makes me wonder is, with that new strongholds thing, it looks like you can build structures and activate different bonuses (including a 2% combat xp bonus) for all clan members, and I believe someone suggested that that even applies to pubbie matches. Is that the case?

That said, as the numbers go,
If you're averaging 15 minute matches (with garage turnaround), you'll need to average 2500xp per match.
10 min / 1667xp
7.5 min / 1250xp
5 min / 834xp

Of course, if there are as many booger eaters out this weekend as I suspect there will be, putting up numbers may be hard.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:51:34 AM EDT
[#44]
There was a question last night in the skirmishes as to whether they count in your stats are not. According to what I see in my stats, they do not count in any way. I did receive all the credits earned though.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:57:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Instead of constantly changing stats for tanks they should just make them historically accurate and leave them that way. Then to make up for it after the game is over have the crappy tanks earn extra exp. and credits. If one tank was 4x better than another they could easily get people to play the crappy tank by having the crappy tank earn 6x the exp and credits. People would play the hell out of the crappy tanks building their crews for other tanks.

To encourage playing the less capable tanks even further they could allow crews to repatriate for a lot of credits but not gold. The crews could take massive hits to their ratings due to language barriers but still keep their skills and being in a totally different nations tanks until they fought enough battles to learn the language and the tech. To make it even more realistic nations with similar languages would cause less of a hit and nations with the same tank wouldn't cause much hit at all.

Right now there is no real incentive to play the less capable tanks, people just grind through them to get to better tanks. If they used my idea people would pick the less capable tanks more often. Some people would play the worst tanks for really fast skill building while others would pick middle of the road tanks for faster skill building than the best tanks but still able to win.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:59:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
There was a question last night in the skirmishes as to whether they count in your stats are not. According to what I see in my stats, they do not count in any way. I did receive all the credits earned though.
View Quote

They sure don't. I must say though, for the few games I was able to play last night I had fun. I think that's the first time I have ever played with half of the guys there. Seems like we did just fine together. Was fun.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:00:55 AM EDT
[#47]
FINALLY THE T29 AND THE L153R COMBO WORKING. 153R rolling an amx 45 Helps when ya have a partner protecting your ass with a faster firing gun.

Victory!
Battle: Murovanka
Vehicle: T29
Experience received: 2,738 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 40,291
Battle achievements: Mastery Badge: "2nd Class"

Victory!
Battle: Pearl River
Vehicle: T29
Experience received: 1,230
Credits received: 35,989
Battle achievements: Reaper, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "3rd Class"

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:01:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

From the Stronghold FAQ:

Will fights in the Strongholds mode be included in overall statistics or will theyhave separate statistics?

Statistics for the Strongholds mode will be shown in a separate tab within the Statistics (as for Team Battles).
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:05:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

From the Stronghold FAQ:

Will fights in the Strongholds mode be included in overall statistics or will theyhave separate statistics?

Statistics for the Strongholds mode will be shown in a separate tab within the Statistics (as for Team Battles).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the Stronghold FAQ:

Thank you for overcoming my lack of reading comprehension.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 11:05:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They sure don't. I must say though, for the few games I was able to play last night I had fun. I think that's the first time I have ever played with half of the guys there. Seems like we did just fine together. Was fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are some talented players here.
Page / 1010
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top