User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1010
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:51:27 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They think friday......here's the text:

I want to update the community on the status up the next patch for World of Tanks. As you all know 9.0 is an update sets the stage for all the updates for the rest of the year. There were major functional changes that had to occur in this update to make that possible. This unfortunately led to some of the instability in form of game crashes and issues with framerate.

We have already identified some of the issues and currently have a patch in QA testing. It will address many of the game crashes and some of the framerate issues. We want to get this patch out as soon as possible without introducing new problems.

The current ESTIMATED timeframe for this patch is this Friday. It is subject to change depending on what is found by QA, but I wanted to make sure you are as informed as possible. If this estimate changes I will make another update. I will also update you if a second patch is required. We apologize for the disruption this update may have caused you, however we look forward to the advances that this patch will allow.

Thank you all for your patience,

Joshua Morris

World of Tanks Producer – North America
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/04/22/hotfix-9-0-1-is-coming/

woot

Does it say when? Sorry I am at work and can't access the link.

I want to update the community on the status up the next patch for World of Tanks. As you all know 9.0 is an update sets the stage for all the updates for the rest of the year. There were major functional changes that had to occur in this update to make that possible. This unfortunately led to some of the instability in form of game crashes and issues with framerate.

We have already identified some of the issues and currently have a patch in QA testing. It will address many of the game crashes and some of the framerate issues. We want to get this patch out as soon as possible without introducing new problems.

The current ESTIMATED timeframe for this patch is this Friday. It is subject to change depending on what is found by QA, but I wanted to make sure you are as informed as possible. If this estimate changes I will make another update. I will also update you if a second patch is required. We apologize for the disruption this update may have caused you, however we look forward to the advances that this patch will allow.

Joshua Morris

Nothing of comping Premium time?

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 10:57:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Sounds like the individual had some other issue outside of WOT, and this may have just been the tipping point.

View Quote
From the way some dorks rage out on the game in chat, I figure 95% of WOT have mental issues. lol.

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:12:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Is WG going to comp folks lost premium time?

I crash to desktop almost every game now in the last 3 days.

View Quote

I sent in a support ticket about that when it started.  I was asked for a couple of files from my computer...I had nothing to hide, so I gave them the files.  Today I got an answer saying it was because my graphics card  wasn't using the latest driver & that I have a couple of legal mods running.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:23:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Neat feature they apparently added game crashes constantly.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:24:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/04/22/hotfix-9-0-1-is-coming/

woot

Does it say when? Sorry I am at work and can't access the link.

Joshua Morris

lmfao

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiightttttttttttttt
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:25:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just had a really outstanding game in my Marder 38T

<a href="http://s104.photobucket.com/user/Cal30M1Guy/media/WoT%20Shots/Marder_38T_042214_1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m186/Cal30M1Guy/WoT%20Shots/Marder_38T_042214_1.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s104.photobucket.com/user/Cal30M1Guy/media/WoT%20Shots/Marder_38T_042214_2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m186/Cal30M1Guy/WoT%20Shots/Marder_38T_042214_2.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s104.photobucket.com/user/Cal30M1Guy/media/WoT%20Shots/Marder_38T_042214_3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m186/Cal30M1Guy/WoT%20Shots/Marder_38T_042214_3.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Victory!
Battle: Highway
Vehicle: Marder 38T
Experience received: 2,234 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 26,605
Battle achievements: Top Gun, High Caliber, Billotte's Medal, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

<a href="http://s104.photobucket.com/user/Cal30M1Guy/media/WoT%20Shots/Marder_38T_042214_1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m186/Cal30M1Guy/WoT%20Shots/Marder_38T_042214_1.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s104.photobucket.com/user/Cal30M1Guy/media/WoT%20Shots/Marder_38T_042214_2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m186/Cal30M1Guy/WoT%20Shots/Marder_38T_042214_2.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s104.photobucket.com/user/Cal30M1Guy/media/WoT%20Shots/Marder_38T_042214_3.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m186/Cal30M1Guy/WoT%20Shots/Marder_38T_042214_3.jpg</a>

Nice ass game!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:28:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL! As frustrated as I am right now with this game, I have to admit that post made me laugh a little.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:36:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

LOL! As frustrated as I am right now with this game, I have to admit that post made me laugh a little.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My game doesn't crash as much but it takes forever to load now.  Sometimes 30-40 seconds into the game is when I will load in.   Never had this problem before hand.

Another problem I will have is all of a sudden my computer will drop to 1 FPS and 999 ping and stay that way for 30-40 seconds.  That never happened before the update.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:44:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

My game doesn't crash as much but it takes forever to load now.  Sometimes 30-40 seconds into the game is when I will load in.   Never had this problem before hand.

Another problem I will have is all of a sudden my computer will drop to 1 FPS and 999 ping and stay that way for 30-40 seconds.  That never happened before the update.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have all of those issues! I lost half almost half a month of premium by the time this is sorted out. None too pleased with WG right now

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:58:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have all of those issues! I lost half almost half a month of premium by the time this is sorted out. None too pleased with WG right now  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, these issues always seem to happen right after I purchase some premium time.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:02:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I even turned the video setting to minimal.

Oh well at least I am not the only one.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:08:41 AM EDT
[#12]
fuck this rigged game

Defeat
Battle: Tundra
Experience received: 1,620
Credits received: 88,889
Battle achievements: High Caliber, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"
WN8: 6069 (100)

Been like this all fucking night.  Cannot find a single fucking tank in my garage that can win, despite carrying HARD.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:17:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

fuck this rigged game

Defeat

Been like this all fucking night.  Cannot find a single fucking tank in my garage that can win, despite carrying HARD.
View Quote
I think the mouth breathers are out in force due to the game issues. I.e. The good players took their ball and went home for the time being

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:23:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Nice ass game!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Victory!
Battle: Highway
Experience received: 2,234 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 26,605
Battle achievements: Top Gun, High Caliber, Billotte's Medal, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Nice ass game!

Thanks. I was kinda surprised, actually. Took a few risks I definitely should not have done, and I was damn near Winchester by the end. Had 2/30 AP, 2/4 APCR, and 4/4 HE remaining. I think I'm going to halve the HE ammo (never really use it anyway) and replace with AP.
I'll get onto one of the replay sites to upload that when I think about it
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:58:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I think the mouth breathers are out in force due to the game issues. I.e. The good players took their ball and went home for the time being  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
fuck this rigged game

Defeat

True, although I lost all 5 games tonight that were greater that 60% chance to win.  And that was with blue and purples.  Something has just made people start playing like absolute retards.  Guys with 2000+ WN8 would drive into 6 enemy tanks like a typical 20 WN8 player.  It was like opposite day or something.  All of the good teams I was on played bad, and all of the bad teams I was on at least had close games.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:13:37 AM EDT
[#16]
What the hell does it take to get a 1st class mastery in this damned thing? Vbaddict gave me a 3910 WN8 for that match.

ETA Been putting some work in too. My stats are again showing some green.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:09:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Snot too shabby of a night:

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:58:08 AM EDT
[#18]
I think I just got one of, if not the lowest, damage roll out of the Borsig.

Shot a WT auf E 100 from behind at less that 200 meters with HE. I hit his breach, right in the hole. 7 damage.

Not even a critical!

Guess his breach and tube were empty and my round skipped down the barrel!
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:46:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Manic, in case you read this, check your IM and/or ARFcom-linked email account. Sent you a note about that opening
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote
Removing all the bushes and trees, so that no one could ambush/snipe didn't speed the game up enough, so now, if you are sitting back, playing support, you will crash out, and your account is locked until the end of the match.  It's all to keep us morons with short attention spans interested, by wrapping up the matches in 5 minutes or less.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:46:25 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

fuck this rigged game

Defeat

View Quote
Look at it this way, if your team had been really good, all that juicy HP would have already been dead, and you would have only done 600 Damage, instead of 1,500.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:09:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Leisure, larry and I did OK last night.  Had some great moments, followed by some serious "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT SHIT" moments....
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Look at it this way, if your team had been really good, all that juicy HP would have already been dead, and you would have only done 600 Damage, instead of 1,500.

View Quote

Very good point.  A few really bizzare things about that game:

1)  I've had better games in that tank in terms of kills and damage
2)  I shot all of my rounds (40% bounced / crit hits for 0 damage)
3)  Accuracy was something like 85%

I guess that since there is an on-track event, there are a lot of people playing this tank and it may have brought down the 99% requirement.  The really good players are having great games (like the post a few above this) and there are those mouth breathers playing it that bring the rest of the average down enough for me to squeak in with a Mastery badge.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 9:58:38 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Leisure, larry and I did OK last night.  Had some great moments, followed by some serious "WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT SHIT" moments....
View Quote
Thanks for the matches, and sorry about all the downtime, tweeking mods.  On the plus side, I sat out some of the few losses.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:07:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Thanks for the matches, and sorry about all the downtime, tweeking mods.  On the plus side, I sat out some of the few losses.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, you didn't play in them, but you got to listen to the first hand account!  

Hell yeah, hit 54% overall win rate to boot last night!  
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:38:52 AM EDT
[#26]
uh oh, 5 game losing streak over the past 2 days with the Type 61. Drops me to 48%, which is a shame cause it's not a bad tank overall.

However, the Conq. GC is promising. Only 3 matches, but the gun is outstanding. Might have something to do with having one-shotted a WT E100, and nailing a E100 for 2300.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:44:25 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

However, the Conq. GC is promising. Only 3 matches, but the gun is outstanding. Might have something to do with having one-shotted a WT E100, and nailing a E100 for 2300.
View Quote
One-shotting a tier X is one of the game's most satisfying experiences.  I remember getting some tanks like IS-7s and T110-E5's with my M53/M55 and T92.  I once saw an E-100 evaporate from 100%, but it wasn't me, and I don't know what arty.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
uh oh, 5 game losing streak over the past 2 days with the Type 61. Drops me to 48%, which is a shame cause it's not a bad tank overall.

View Quote

Hax subscription expire?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:05:08 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Hax subscription expire?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hax subscription expire?

Likely it's because it's one of the tanks that I will never really succeed with. The cannon is awesome, but the size, speed, and lack of camo value pretty much forces it to be in the rear as support.

I do love my Russian mediums though, and am looking forward to buying back the T-54. Heck I might keep the Obj 430 II just cause of the trololol frontal armor.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:14:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
From the way some dorks rage out on the game in chat, I figure 95% of WOT have mental issues. lol.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like the individual had some other issue outside of WOT, and this may have just been the tipping point.

IN
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

This

" />
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:24:10 AM EDT
[#32]
5 for 8 so far...wanna guess which tank got all 3 losses?

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:27:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

http://wotlabs.net/sig_dark/na/QuicksilverJPR/signature.png

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://wotlabs.net/sig_dark/na/QuicksilverJPR/signature.png

I wont even post mine, I guess I've become a RE-TOMATO

This Accuracy thing is Killing me.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:28:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Ferdinand or JPantherII?  Finally finished the grind but don't know which to pick.
View Quote

Did you ever decide?
I don't own either.. but from the vids/reviews.. I'd have to go w/the JP, faster, sloped armor can be put to better use and a great gun/rof.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:50:23 PM EDT
[#35]

Dat damage doe

Had a 5300dmg, 5 kill with 1100 spotting dmg, spotted 5, and 21 def pts map in my Batchat last night.......was a 9247 wn8.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:40:18 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

http://mywotstats.com/Player/Sig/1000193707/NA/Sig.png

Dat damage doe

Had a 5300dmg, 5 kill with 1100 spotting dmg, spotted 5, and 21 def pts map in my Batchat last night.......was a 9247 wn8.
View Quote
Excellent dmg man.

I seem to have an addiction to YOLOing here lately.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:45:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Cheats?!?!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Victory!
Battle: Ruinberg on Fire
Vehicle: Jagdpanther II
Experience received: 1,390
Credits received: 27,780
Battle achievements: Top Gun, Mastery Badge: "2nd Class"

14 shots.  10 direct hits.  8 pens.

Killed 6 tanks.

9 hits received.

It was one helluva fight.

TRG

Cheats?!?!

Mostly, yes.

TRG
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:53:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Excellent dmg man.

http://wotlabs.net/sig_dark/na/kama_kauzy/signature.png

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://mywotstats.com/Player/Sig/1000193707/NA/Sig.png

Dat damage doe

Excellent dmg man.

http://wotlabs.net/sig_dark/na/kama_kauzy/signature.png

All we played was my WTF Panz 4 with the god gun and E4/268.  

Dat damage.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:27:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Hello everyone,

an odd thing happened. Russian and EU info do not fit one another. Either way, according to this link from the German community (thanks to Phobos86 for the info), it is confirmed that the hotfix micropatch will come on Friday, 25.4.2014 – from 6 AM, the server will not be available for cca 45 minutes.

The micropatch will bring the following:

- fixed several bugs, that caused the client to crash
- fixed the bug, where the player got “stuck” on “Updating tankers” screen in the hangar, that happened when a player accepts platoon invitation, requiring him to relog to another server and certain other circumstances
- fixed the bug (or rather, significantly mitigated) where the game “freezes” for a short time after the destruction of enemy tank
- the turret being ripped off by ammo rack explosion effect got strongly optimized
- fixed the bug, where IS-3 destroyed model had red (“texture missing”) texture on its gun
- fixed the rare bug, where sometimes, when buying temporary camo and decals, some gold was removed from the account

Why am I saying it’s odd? Because this morning, Storm wrote in his post that even he is not sure when the hotfix is ready. Apparently, the EU section is of different opinion.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:31:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Got the tier 8 Conq. I'm not impressed, but boy that gun depression is badass.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:47:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

CGC?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
CGC?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

CGC?

Nope the Type 61. 0-6 in the past two days. I'm gonna park it for the rest of the day, and try again tomorrow. Again, not a bad tank, but it doesn't work well with your typical aggressive flankers. It's great for sitting back and outputting additional damage for your frontline, but I just can't help holding onto the "W" key.

The CGC is great, I think 2001 said it best..."dat arc"

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:01:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tier 8 conq?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:02:56 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Tier 8 conq?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tier 8 conq?
Sorry, the centurion mk1.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:21:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Nope the Type 61. 0-6 in the past two days. I'm gonna park it for the rest of the day, and try again tomorrow. Again, not a bad tank, but it doesn't work well with your typical aggressive flankers. It's great for sitting back and outputting additional damage for your frontline, but I just can't help holding onto the "W" key.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CGC?

For Trolling goodness, try it with the STA gun.

It shoots FAST.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:23:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CGC?

Damn...when is the last time you had a bad stretch like that with one of your tanks?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:33:16 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Damn...when is the last time you had a bad stretch like that with one of your tanks?
View Quote

dude...I have bad streaks ALL the time.
For example, over the past 7 days:
Foch155: 7 battles, 14% WR

Obj 140: 20 battles, 40% WR
and a bunch of other tanks with 3-4 battles with 25% or 33% WR.
Heck, take a look @ my stats:

Bad run for April, but meh, I know it'll go back up once I end my Tier X goal grinds (only 2 to go!) and start focusing on playing tanks that I consider fun.

ETA: Those stats would be much much worse if it weren't for 2001 and ASMX. I ran with those two for an afternoon, and ended up with 70% WR for the day. The glorious carrying was glorious. With that said...2001's a WN8 sponge. You're better off TKing him at the beginning for his hax, and then go out and kill tanks!

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tier 8 conq?

Ah....yeah, the Brit med line is pretty good except no fucking armor.

the Tier 9 Conqueror is fucking legit though.  I played it on thebigtea's account one day and the very first map I ever played on it, I did 4500dmg, like 5 kills, and had 7-8k potential damage on Halluf.

plus dat gun  /mmm
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:51:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

http://wotlabs.net/sig_dark/na/hobbez84/signature.png

Bad run for April, but meh, I know it'll go back up once I end my Tier X goal grinds (only 2 to go!) and start focusing on playing tanks that I consider fun.

ETA: Those stats would be much much worse if it weren't for 2001 and ASMX. I ran with those two for an afternoon, and ended up with 70% WR for the day. The glorious carrying was glorious. With that said...2001's a WN8 sponge. You're better off TKing him at the beginning for his hax, and then go out and kill tanks!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://wotlabs.net/sig_dark/na/hobbez84/signature.png

Well I don't feel as bad as this past week has been rough.

Link Posted: 4/23/2014 5:57:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Played a few matches this afternoon. All losses with <50% XVM win chance in my RHM that went about as you'd expect. Last match I missed about 8 shots fully aimed that should have been hits. I was also top damage on my team with 1300 dmg.
Page / 1010
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top