Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
In for the A-10 Warthog AC-130 street cleaners.

Fixed it for you.

TC
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#2]
The Video that Started It All
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 3:37:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I hope the Cairo Embassy folks un-ass the place safely. If they can't and it comes down to a us or them situation they should not go easy.

What gets me is we are still giving Muslim fundamentalists there money.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 3:39:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Two weeks ago I had an Army Lt. tell me that Egypt is still one of our best allies, and Egyptians are still very pro-American.  I told him that he needs his head examined.

I believe that there ARE Egyptians who may feel that way.

Unfortunately, they aren't even close to being in power.

Link Posted: 11/25/2012 3:39:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
We have a long ime member here in the Embassy now, I think it's time for a few prayers for him and his family.

Yep. He's the first person I thought of when I saw this thread.

I hope and pray he and all of our people over there stay safe.

Yes ,Amen to that.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#6]
any video feeds or news?
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 4:13:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Obama will probably tell them don't fire even in self-defense and those RPGs and mortars are just there by coincidence
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 4:13:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I think they are revolting against their own government, not against US.

But for most part they are revolting no matter what they do.

It's only a matter of time they take over the US Embassy

Link Posted: 11/25/2012 4:14:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Obama will probably tell them don't fire even in self-defense and those RPGs and mortars are just there by coincidence

Maybe send Obama and all the DNC to visit the US Embassy in Cairo

Link Posted: 11/25/2012 4:19:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I hope all our personnel stay safe over there.

Agreed
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 4:19:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
We have a long ime member here in the Embassy now, I think it's time for a few prayers for him and his family.

Our guy over there is sms5183

His original thread (which was a great read) is here
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Our guy over there is sms5183

His original thread (which was a great read) is here

I've had it in my subscriptions from the beginning.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 4:34:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think they are revolting against their own government, not against US.

But for most part they are revolting no matter what they do.

It's only a matter of time they take over the US Embassy

i pray for their safety, but i think the egyptian miltary/polics is a little more organized than libya and provide better protection...i hope.

Link Posted: 11/25/2012 4:47:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Prayers out for SMS5183 and all of our people over there in harm's way.

Link Posted: 11/25/2012 4:49:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
any video feeds or news?

FoRooster, Egyptian style.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 5:06:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Security Message to U.S. Citizens No. 12: Violent Demonstrations in Vicinity of Embassy Perimeter, November 25, 2012

November 25, 2012
The Embassy wishes to inform U.S. citizens of sporadic clashes in the vicinity of the Embassy.  Protestors have pelted police lines just outside the Embassy’s North Gate entrance, with some Molotov cocktails thrown in the same direction.  While some rocks have landed on the Embassy compound, there is no indication at this time that the Embassy itself is a target.  Embassy personnel have been advised to stay out of open outdoor space within the compound, and that absent an essential reason to depart, Embassy employees should remain inside until the current activity subsides.  As the security situation around the Embassy remains fluid and unpredictable, U.S. citizens are strongly urged to avoid coming to the Embassy at this time...

More at official embassy link above
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 5:13:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 5:14:31 PM EDT
[#18]
444 days that are too late to get Carter II out of office.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 5:15:11 PM EDT
[#19]
tag

Link Posted: 11/25/2012 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Bush's fault.

Link Posted: 11/25/2012 5:25:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Those damn filmmakers are at it again!

Quick! Fire of a preemptive apology.....

...and arrest the film makers on some BS charge!

Link Posted: 11/25/2012 5:28:15 PM EDT
[#22]
"There are very few moments in our lives where we have the privilege
to witness history taking place. This is one of those moments. This is
one of those times.
" - Barack Obama  Feb. 11, 2011

May he live in interesting times.

Link Posted: 11/25/2012 5:29:52 PM EDT
[#23]
This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 5:31:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Obama keeps backing the wrong horses in foreign policy.

Once again, my "shocked" face:

Link Posted: 11/25/2012 5:33:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Is it time to start playing Bing Crosby singing "White Christmas"?
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Riots in Cairo adjacent to the US Embassy on FOX right now.

So is there a new video on UTube yet?

And is the Sigonella sp? base on alert yet?

How is zero gonna cover this one up?

he'll just find some other internet film maker to blame it on.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
of course the US is getting blamed for their troubles... hope this doesn't turn into another benghazi

believe me, so does Zero....he can't stand the attention from Issa.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 5:38:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Security Message to U.S. Citizens No. 12: Violent Demonstrations in Vicinity of Embassy Perimeter, November 25, 2012

November 25, 2012
The Embassy wishes to inform U.S. citizens of sporadic clashes in the vicinity of the Embassy.  Protestors have pelted police lines just outside the Embassy’s North Gate entrance, with some Molotov cocktails thrown in the same direction.  While some rocks have landed on the Embassy compound, there is no indication at this time that the Embassy itself is a target.  Embassy personnel have been advised to stay out of open outdoor space within the compound, and that absent an essential reason to depart, Embassy employees should remain inside until the current activity subsides.  As the security situation around the Embassy remains fluid and unpredictable, U.S. citizens are strongly urged to avoid coming to the Embassy at this time...

Move along! Nothing to see here! All is well!
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 5:40:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Must be protesting the Red Dawn movie.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Must be protesting the Red Dawn movie.

Naw, at least 2 people have gone to see Red Dawn. Must be that original movie.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 6:13:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Those damn filmmakers are at it again!

Quick! Fire of a preemptive apology!

No shit, man. I thought that guy was in jail.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 6:17:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Obama The US keeps backing the wrong horses in foreign policy.

Plenty of Republican presidebts have done the same
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 6:32:20 PM EDT
[#34]

Needs more grenades.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 6:33:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

AF 1 is probably fueling for a vacation trip. Dickhead and the Wookie can't be bothered.

In his defense, he did miss that brief.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#36]
we should pray for a brutal crackdown.

morsi is a religious conservative. the protesters are obvious pussy secular types.  

no brainer.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 6:58:24 PM EDT
[#37]
If anyone has ever made a video and put it on the internet................Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 7:55:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Obama The US keeps backing the wrong horses in foreign policy.

Plenty of Republican presidebts have done the same

Pakistan came to mind.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 8:16:07 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

November 25, 2012

WTF?

What is the embassy for, other than to protect the interests of US citizens?

THe State Dept. encourages traveling citizens to stay in touch with the US embassy at all times, ESPECIALLY when TSHF!!

Link Posted: 11/25/2012 8:19:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:

November 25, 2012

WTF?

THe State Dept. encourages traveling citizens to stay in touch with the US embassy at all times, ESPECIALLY when TSHF!!

They know something that leads them to believe it's safer outside of the embassy.
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 8:24:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:

November 25, 2012

WTF?

There is this cool new device called the phone.  It comes in both lined and mobile versions.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2012 8:49:05 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

November 25, 2012

WTF?

There is this cool new device called the phone.  It comes in both lined and mobile versions.  

And who the fuck do you call when TSHF? other than the embassy?

At least that is the msg that the State Dept used to broadcast to US travelers.

Link Posted: 11/25/2012 8:56:05 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

This

Link Posted: 11/26/2012 3:48:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

November 25, 2012
As the security situation around the Embassy remains fluid and unpredictable, 'U.S. citizens are strongly urged to avoid coming to the Embassy at this time...

WTF?

It says don't physically come to the embassy, since you would have to travel through riots.  You can still call them.
Link Posted: 11/26/2012 3:57:47 AM EDT
[#45]
I'd hate to be in there. They know what is fixing to happen, and what the .gov response will be, aka nothing. At least the heroes in Bengahzi were fighting for as long as they could as they swore the military was coming to help. The whole thing just disgusts me.
Link Posted: 11/26/2012 4:04:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

November 25, 2012

WTF?

What they're saying is, "there are some assholes who dont like the US hanging out around the outside of the compound. Dont come here unless you want D-bags to throw bricks at you and possibly get kidnapped if some AQ type show up. Stand by for updates". That doesnt really affect their ability to protect US interests very much, and the .mil still has a plan for NEO should it come to that. Only thing that may be limited would be simple services like visa, passports, etc.
Link Posted: 11/26/2012 4:08:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Obama, DO NOT FUCK THIS ONE UP!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2012 4:30:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Are they outside chanting, "Monika, Monika" ?
Link Posted: 11/26/2012 4:33:35 AM EDT
[#49]
THEY ARE NOT RIOTS!!

They are celebrations for the one's re-election.

FALAFAL FOR EVERYONE!!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2012 5:10:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Prayers for all Americans in Egypt.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top