Previous Page
Page:  / 4
Author
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:41:32 PM
[Last Edit: 11/5/2012 2:41:49 PM by Clarinath]
Okay, here's the deal. Hospital security program has about 90k to spend by year end. We are out of ideas since we had 400k and got everything we need. I hate budgets that say use it or lose it, it is quite wasteful. So, what else can we get that makes operational sense. Rather than list what we have already gotten, let the brainstorming begin.

While your humerous quips will be appreciated, try to think of some things a well equipped, UNARMED security department in a hospital can use. We will never get firearms, but tazers are a distinct possibility in the future.
Carpe Noctem
I will not be commanded, I will not be controlled and I will not let my future go on without the help of my soul - The Lost Boy, Greg Holden
speedracer422
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:43:16 PM
There has to be some sort of convention relative to your industry in the next 2 months...other than that, $90k is a pretty big chunk of change to spend on tasers and rape whistles

Speed

"You'll rue the day you take on the extreme Speed" Acman, TN, OHV campout 2007
Justa_TXguy
half-seller of ducks
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:43:52 PM
Hire more security guards. Preferably some ex-strippers. I don't know what you guys make but you could probably hire 2 or 3 for 90K, right?

"Might go for a little zombie pie but im still gonna have to say no to fat chicks." -- Originally Posted By Krink
Clarinath
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:43:55 PM
Already got rape whistlers. We have tons of training scheduled.
Carpe Noctem
I will not be commanded, I will not be controlled and I will not let my future go on without the help of my soul - The Lost Boy, Greg Holden
PointBlank82
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:43:59 PM
Riot Gear?
Senior_Lab_Boy
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:44:50 PM
Riot shields and batons
Partisan
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:45:08 PM
Imitation crab meat?

New furniture for the office? Computers? Smart phones? A new security vehicle? Hookers and blow?
SamW
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:45:08 PM
Some type of motorized vehicle for indoor use. Electric golf-cart, or.... SEGWAYS!
Tactical_Bacon
Code 3 Taxi Driver
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:45:23 PM
[Last Edit: 11/5/2012 2:48:24 PM by Tactical_Bacon]
Body lift, helpful when pathology drops a body in the morgue.

ETA: more uniform items for your staff if they have fewer issued than the work shifts in the week.
Assuming you are good on hand held metal detectors?
eastonj
Heh, heh. You said member
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:46:01 PM
The RV from Die Hard.
Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.

-Mencken
TheLion
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:46:32 PM
Get some tacticool segways, with paintball guns loaded full of penicillin

4bangin
It's a state of mind
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:47:36 PM
I think you need to hire me as a consultant to review your department. It just so happens my fee in 90k.
dex357
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:47:42 PM

send it to me.

I'll see that you get your moneys worth.
NRA Benefactor Life, NRA Golden Eagle, NRA Recruiter, Second Amendment Foundation
Life Member. LIVE FREE OR DIE. MOLON LABE!!! FBHO!!!!
CBPO
Border Bacon: Vehicle Tear Apart Guy
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:47:56 PM
Buy a years worth of self defense classes for your employees. Some martial art that teaches holds, take-downs, etc.

Unlike other supplies, these will last a life-time.
L.J.
CBPO
DDoleiden
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:48:08 PM
How about a nice new M3 or Corvette to patrol in?
Lightning_P38
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:48:22 PM
Impact raises for everybody in the department? Not spend the money and allow it to return to the organizations general fund, so that the organization can use it for something that is actually needed by another department?

I remember seeing this happen every year in the military, and it made me sick, they would spend money foolishly at the end of the year, so that they would have even more money to spend foolishly at the end of the next year. I have seen it in the civilian world, and I didn't find it any more tasteful there.
BiggEZ
Dump Truck Driver
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:48:23 PM
Could get a Red-man suit, floor workout pads, and various MMA training pads for your crew to practice self defense with.

The red-man suits make it nice so you can practice striking an individual using non-lethal force as well. Just set up a scenario and let your guys work it out.
TN SQUIRE
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
CJan_NH
Blissfully ignorant Colt KoolAid drinker...
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:48:36 PM
The upgraded PTZ security cameras, DVR system, and environmental monitoring sensors at my company were about ninety grand.
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”
-Alexis de Tocqueville

"We're screwed."
-Me
JBlitzen
I edit my posts a lot
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:49:29 PM
Cameras, sensors, locks, better entrance doors, sidewalk decorative car barriers, etc.

Or just man up and save the $.
Lose your job?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJWurqWTeSk
Clarinath
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:49:45 PM
I have been trying the Segway angle, but so many people are against them. I have promoted Segway for years, but there is such a negative perception and too many bad images of them in the media. (See Paul Blart)

A few issues with Segways is what to do if a single officer has to bail and foot pursue, leaving a 120lb Segway behind on a dark trail in a bad part of town. Returns to find 5000k Segway has walked off. Not the best outcome.
Carpe Noctem
Clarinath
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:50:18 PM
Originally Posted By BiggEZ:
Could get a Red-man suit, floor workout pads, and various MMA training pads for your crew to practice self defense with.

The red-man suits make it nice so you can practice striking an individual using non-lethal force as well. Just set up a scenario and let your guys work it out.

We have purchased two red man suits and all the weapon accessories you can think of.
Carpe Noctem
smaddox
Economic Darwinist
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:50:40 PM
Mobile trauma unit?
The voice of reason from the clinically insane.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it.
Thomas Jefferson
Clarinath
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:50:56 PM
Originally Posted By CJan_NH:
The upgraded PTZ security cameras, DVR system, and environmental monitoring sensors at my company were about ninety grand.

Cameras and such are a completely different budgetary item. We are spending lots on them too, just a different line item on the budget.
Carpe Noctem
NUJbrown
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:50:57 PM
send your guys to training events.
ghengiskhabb
Threadkiller Extraordinaire
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:51:36 PM
Big assed gun safes for every patient's room to store medicine in, so the Dr doesn't have to go far. Should keep things nice and secure.

Weapons Training. Send the staff to Gunsite for a week for their basic handgun and basic carbine course.

Bulk purchase range time at the local ranges for the staff to train with their weapons.

MMA courses for everybody.

Spy cams everywhere.

The kind of man who wants the government to adopt and enforce his ideas is always the kind of man whose ideas are idiotic. -- H.L. Mencken
Clarinath
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:51:46 PM
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
Impact raises for everybody in the department? Not spend the money and allow it to return to the organizations general fund, so that the organization can use it for something that is actually needed by another department?

I remember seeing this happen every year in the military, and it made me sick, they would spend money foolishly at the end of the year, so that they would have even more money to spend foolishly at the end of the next year. I have seen it in the civilian world, and I didn't find it any more tasteful there.

I totally agree, if it were up to me I would let it go back to the fund, but then our budget is less next year.
Carpe Noctem
TZLVredmist
Registered Loser
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:52:14 PM
Night Vision/thermal
I cut it twice, and it's still short.
Terrato
Unrepentant Southpaw
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:52:24 PM
UAVs
“He could have decided to be a Wal-Mart greeter – now it’s time to set his ass on fire.”
– Clint Smith
millfire517
Pork eating crusader
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:52:35 PM
Hookers and blow?
"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
Thomas Jefferson
Thanks for the membership jixxerbeast
speedracer422
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:54:33 PM

Originally Posted By Clarinath:
Already got rape whistlers. We have tons of training scheduled.

I didn't say "training", I said convention.
It's the greatest tax deduction ever Many are held in Las vegas...
...I just looked it up. There is one in Amsterdam later this month as well as one in Dubai in December

Speed

"You'll rue the day you take on the extreme Speed" Acman, TN, OHV campout 2007
TheLion
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:54:55 PM
Vending machines that dispense condoms with a penicillin lubricant, then hire some hookers to do field testing...
JBlitzen
I edit my posts a lot
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:55:38 PM
So let your budget be less next year, what's the fucking problem? What do you need next year that you can't get this year?
Lose your job?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJWurqWTeSk
D_Man
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:56:15 PM
Is your Radio equipment in need of an update? Pretty easy to dump thousands of dollars down that hole if needed.
Clarinath
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:58:04 PM
Originally Posted By D_Man:
Is your Radio equipment in need of an update? Pretty easy to dump thousands of dollars down that hole if needed.

Radios are handled by the Safety department and they are brand new.
Carpe Noctem
buck19delta
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:58:32 PM
you need to prepare for the coming zombie outbreak.
there is a place in this world for all of gods creatures....... right next to the mashed potatoes.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."
Thomas Paine, 1776

DK-Prof
PsychoPolitical Master & King of the PureSkins(TM)
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:58:43 PM
Originally Posted By TZLVredmist:
Night Vision/thermal

I like this.

Bring up the example of the Manhattan hospital that lost BOTH of its backup generators. A few sets of night vision for supervisors might not be a bad idea, and that will eat up the budget in a hurry.
This isn't a democracy, it's a cheerocracy !
Clarinath
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 2:58:49 PM
Originally Posted By JBlitzen:
So let your budget be less next year, what's the fucking problem? What do you need next year that you can't get this year?

Who knows what we will need next year, that's the problem.
Carpe Noctem
Hugo_Stiglitz
Everyone in the German army has heard of
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 3:00:50 PM
[Last Edit: 11/5/2012 3:04:43 PM by Hugo_Stiglitz]
Okay, here's the deal. Hospital security program has about 90k to spend by year end. We are out of ideas since we had 400k and got everything we need. I hate budgets that say use it or lose it, it is quite wasteful. So, what else can we get that makes operational sense. Rather than list what we have already gotten, let the brainstorming begin.

While your humerous quips will be appreciated, try to think of some things a well equipped, UNARMED security department in a hospital can use. We will never get firearms, but tazers are a distinct possibility in the future.

WWRSD?

What Would Ron Swanson Do?

The 2012 election is like being in prison, we can toss Mitt's salad, Get daily buttseksed from Obama, or shank someone and get solitary.
wildearp
Get off my lawn!
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 3:00:51 PM

I have been trying the Segway angle, but so many people are against them. I have promoted Segway for years, but there is such a negative perception and too many bad images of them in the media. (See Paul Blart)

A few issues with Segways is what to do if a single officer has to bail and foot pursue, leaving a 120lb Segway behind on a dark trail in a bad part of town. Returns to find 5000k Segway has walked off. Not the best outcome.

You don't have guns, but anticipate foot pursuits? I suggest paying that guy his consulting fee.....
Simple Solutions to Complex problems.
SEMPER FI, DO OR DIE!
Clarinath
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 3:02:10 PM
Anticipate foot pursuit? They happen all the time. Unarmed security often does things like that, without the weapons the police have.
Carpe Noctem
timpryor
Some guy
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 3:03:17 PM
Tasers, seriously especially if your hospital has a psyc ward.
Another day, another dollar.
23pistol23
.jpeg butcher
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 3:03:29 PM
Originally Posted By Justa_TXguy:
Hire more security guards. Preferably some ex-strippers. I don't know what you guys make but you could probably hire 2 or 3 for 90K, right?

This is what I was thinking.

Op, maybe more or better cameras, Surefire lights, Flak suits since you can't shoot back, gym to keep you less spare tire looking, scary looking sticks, maybe a net that comes out of the floor to leave the bad guy hanging.
Hi, I'm Pistol.

So far we have Tabboot in first with NorCal and 23pistol23 tied for second.
This shit is part of the reason I paid for a membership. -bowbender7
iNeverMiss25
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 3:04:00 PM
Originally Posted By CBPO:
Buy a years worth of self defense classes for your employees. Some martial art that teaches holds, take-downs, etc.

Unlike other supplies, these will last a life-time.

Originally Posted By CJan_NH:

Having worked in hospital security for the last 5 years, both of those are EXCELLENT ideas. My hospital is in a high crime area located on the Wisconsin Illinois border, about an hour west of Chicago. Are you the security manager? I could use a new job, and would like to leave IL.

samiam513
Me
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 3:04:05 PM
Originally Posted By JBlitzen:

Who knows what we will need next year, that's the problem.

Anything needed to make the job a little more bearable? I know, everyone says they love their job, but are any desks in need of repair? Sally need a new chair or three?

Order all of next years supplies and stockpile?

maggiethecat
This I'll defend
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 3:04:39 PM
ASP's ? Training in more hand to hand confrontations. Even more importantly, training in good ol' Verbal Judo. That should eat up most of your budget.
....They will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines
GIJoe
12 inch with Kung-Fu grip
NRAMilitary
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 3:06:26 PM
Originally Posted By buck19delta:
you need to prepare for the coming zombie outbreak.

This is what I was thinking. Rick got lucky because that hospital wasn't prepared.
Run for your life from any man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter.
- Ayn Rand
Razoreye
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 3:06:58 PM

Fuck you.

Don't piss on my back and tell me it's not raining.
GoRebels
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 3:09:55 PM
Geritol??
alpha23niner
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 3:11:32 PM
Survivor Truck

Fox news link

Can't post pic... two - - turns to –– so just a red x
NOVS
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 3:12:07 PM
Get those ear pieces for the radios, where other people can't hear what's going on. Maybe update the vehicle equipment, add more lights, etc. Make sure you have plenty of uniforms and duty gear in inventory and available.
Trempel
Professional Russian
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/5/2012 3:12:24 PM
Local hospital security guys look like shit. Spend money on better quality uniforms and gym memberships. Radio equipment. NBC gear and training for just in case. Maybe a vehicle for patrols?
  Previous Page
Page:  / 4