Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 1:49:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

For $2000.00

Holy shit. I can't believe it.

I had the guy down to 400 when I told him to get  the fuck outta my house. The kid that cleaned everything was cool though.

My wife got him down to $400.  The thing really is a tank.  

$400 brand new ain't so bad, as long as it comes with everything.

Link Posted: 10/24/2012 1:52:30 PM EDT
[#2]
When I got out of the Army and didn't have many job prospects, Kirby sales was one of the first things I tried.  There were days we were authorized to sell them as low as $600.  Sorry your wife held you down while the salesman raped you.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 1:54:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I've always heard they are great vacuums, but I'll never buy anything from a door to door salesman.  I hate that shit.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 1:56:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

If she uses it, it's the only vaccume that you'll need.  Ever.

My wife is hell on Vaccumes, and she'll but a new one about twice a

year.  She bitches about cheap parts, etc.  The Kirby is a fucking TANK.

I WISH I'd've bought a Kirby when we got married.

My mom still uses the Kirby vacuum she bought the year after I was born. I'm in my mid 30's.  I think she has had it repaired once, about 10 years ago.

Link Posted: 10/24/2012 1:59:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Well shit, I thought it was going to be something cool like this.

Link Posted: 10/24/2012 1:59:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Well if she got all the attachments than it's not so bad.  We had one for over 20 years then my wife sold it to get a Rainbow.   It simply did a great job.  Even the attachments were high quality.  I used the sander and hair clippers quite a bit.  The small brush attachment works good too.  If it makes her happy, who cares.  It will last you a long time and may be less expensive in the long run.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 1:59:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I was just telling my wife about this thread, and the first thing she said was "$2000? Damn that must have been some good sex."
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 2:05:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Look on the bright side: you're now a proud owner of the highest quality, best performing, most versatile, best warrantied, home-care system in the world! Welcome to the family!

That said, you could have gotten a wee bit better of a deal.... but, still!

Do yourselves a favor, though, and REALLY learn how to use it - or you'll curse the day she got it! Trust me. It's not hard - but you MUST do it right. Hopefully,  the sales rep to the time and really showed your wife the ins and outs!

* I actually owned my own sales business for Kirby, years ago. They haven't changed that much, so if you have any questions which you can't get answered by the salesman, send me an IM and I'll try my best to get you squared away.

** Don't be too hard on your wife. She actually made a good decision (which will end up saving you a lot of money in the long run - if you take advantage of what it has to offer)!
F11B
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#9]
They.Weigh.A.Friggin.TON.....and you can get them down on the price if you do want one.
Pretty much a bulletproof vacuum.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 2:07:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

What round for Kirby salesmen?

All of them
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 2:07:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Look on the bright side: you're now a proud owner of the highest quality, best performing, most versatile, best warrantied, home-care system in the world! Welcome to the family!

Do yourselves a favor, though, and REALLY learn how to use it - or you'll curse the day she got it! Trust me. It's not hard - but you MUST do it right. Hopefully,  the sales rep to the time and really showed your wife the ins and outs!

* I actually owned my own sales business for Kirby, years ago. They haven't changed that much, so if you have any questions which you can't get answered by the salesman, send me an IM and I'll try my best to get you squared away.

** Don't be too hard on your wife. She actually made a good decision (which will end up saving you a lot of money in the long run - if you take advantage of what it has to offer)!

F11B
It's a fantastic vacuum, but "wee bit of a better deal" isn't even close. She could have bought it brand new for $700 off the guy easy, and I've heard of them going for as low as $600.

She took it straight up her poo cannon.

Link Posted: 10/24/2012 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a funny vacuum salesman story. true. I had a guy try and sell us a $2000 vacuum, which we weren't going to buy. he asked what it would take for me to buy, so I told him sell it to me for $400. He stands up and shakes my hand and says he has to call his boss. Well I didn't have $400 for a vacuum either and after he had called his boss and ok'd him selling his demo model for $400. I fessed up and told him I really didn't have $400 to spend on a vacuum and that he needed to leave. Well of course he had to call his boss and acted like there was a bunch of yelling on the other side of the phone and he says he is going to get fired over this. I had had enough so I tell him, look, I am going upstairs and get my gun and if you are still here when I get downstairs I am going to shoot you. My son (7 years old) was sitting on the couch and looks at the guy with intense 7 year old seriousness and says to the guy, he'll do it too! The guy couldn't have gotten out of there quicker. ha ha ha.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 2:08:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

They.Weigh.A.Friggin.TON.....and you can get them down on the price if you do want one.

With the drive system engaged, I can vacuum using only my thumb and index finger.

Sucks on stairs, though.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Not going to be any pics. Stay focused.

She bought a $2000.00 vacuum.

Need pics of salesman.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 2:09:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

With the drive system engaged, I can vacuum using only my thumb and index finger.    

Sucks on stairs, though.

I know its easy to use once you get it cookin', its gettin' it to the place where you want to use it...ugh.
It really is the Rolls-Royce of vacuums though.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

F11B
It's a fantastic vacuum, but "wee bit of a better deal" isn't even close. She could have bought it brand new for $700 off the guy easy, and I've heard of them going for as low as $600.

She took it straight up her poo cannon.

Yup.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 2:20:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

http://retrogamergirl.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kirby2.jpg

Well shit, I thought it was going to be something cool like this.
I wonder if the names are coincidental.

Link Posted: 10/24/2012 2:23:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Dude it's just 10 easy payments of $200!
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Which page are the pics of the wife and said two THOUSAND dollar vacuum on?
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 2:31:54 PM EDT
[#20]
They are nice vacuums, but they're also heavy as hell and way too much money.

I've got a $600 Miele vac and I thought that was expensive.

Link Posted: 10/24/2012 2:37:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
For $2000.00

Holy shit. I can't believe it.

Wife inadvertently invited Kirby salesmen to our house last weekend. She knows the rules here, I control the $$$$. $15XX.XX was the price. I politely told him to pack sand and leave.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 2:38:10 PM EDT
[#22]
OP did she go to them or did they come to your house?
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#23]
You guys are allowed to make $2000 purchases without the other knowing?
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 2:40:29 PM EDT
[#24]
My MIL bought one for about $750 13-14 yrs ago.  It is pretty tough except for the impeller, which is the heart of it.  A small rock will break it and $70 will get it replaced.

A Dyson is about $500 and runs circles around the Kirby.  I'd try to get my money back.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 2:49:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They are nice vacuums, but they're also heavy as hell and way too much money.

I've got a $600 Miele vac and I thought that was expensive.

I have a 2003 Kenmore canister vac that does just fine.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 2:50:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Years ago my Mom claimed that my Dad bought a Kirby vacuum because the sales lady "had a short skirt on and crawled around on the floor in front of him". I'm just sayin...

Link Posted: 10/24/2012 2:51:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Years ago my Mom claimed that my Dad bought a Kirby vacuum because the sales lady "had a short skirt on and crawled around on the floor in front of him". I'm just sayin...

So....was she hawt? ...so many possibilities..
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 2:58:32 PM EDT
[#28]
It won't crush you financially, she wanted it, it is making her happy...  How is this a bad thing?  I mean, I know you can get them cheaper, but hell, if she's happy, be happy with her.  Go cut some paper into little pieces and toss them in the air.  Then smile at her and say, "Lets see if it works!"

Link Posted: 10/24/2012 2:59:23 PM EDT
[#29]
I got hit up during the playoffs a few years back and bought one for 1300.00 to get the guy out of my house. It spent 4 months in the closet as buyers remorse set in. The carpet shampoo attachment isnt that great and it doesnt get much use.

Of course you cheered me up today. I didnt pay 2000.00!!!!!

muahahahahahhahahahah

Link Posted: 10/24/2012 3:00:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Well if she got all the attachments than it's not so bad.  We had one for over 20 years then my wife sold it to get a Rainbow.   It simply did a great job.  Even the attachments were high quality.  I used the sander and hair clippers quite a bit.  The small brush attachment works good too.  If it makes her happy, who cares.  It will last you a long time and may be less expensive in the long run.

Do yourselves a favor, though, and REALLY learn how to use it - or you'll curse the day she got it! Trust me. It's not hard - but you MUST do it right. Hopefully, the sales rep to the time and really showed your wife the ins and outs!

** Don't be too hard on your wife. She actually made a good decision (which will end up saving you a lot of money in the long run - if you take advantage of what it has to offer)! F11B

I'm just going to console my self with these two posts.

Link Posted: 10/24/2012 3:02:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Dude, you are golden on your next AR-10 purchase with an ACOG.   I wish my wife would do something like that.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 3:04:00 PM EDT
[#32]
I almost had to shoot the kirby guy to get him out of the house.
go dyson.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 3:05:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Dude, you are golden on your next AR-10 purchase with an ACOG.   I wish my wife would do something like that.

I just bought a Rainier Arms RUC and an Aimpoint PRO so I guess I can't bitch too much.

Edit: fuck autocorrect.

Link Posted: 10/24/2012 3:08:03 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Son?  

Link Posted: 10/24/2012 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Son?  

http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/anim_rofl.gif
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 3:39:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Just did a quick search on Craigslist in my area and got 7 hits on vacums, 5 of them less than $450
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 3:45:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Holy shit, that's like full markup.

I think dealer invoice is like $700 or so...and the salesperson (depending on seniority) has a cost of like $1000-1100...so you can usually talk them down a good bit.

That being said, it's been a long time since I sold those things, so invoice could have changed.

At least you own the 2nd best vacuum on the market.

FIFY.  Rainbow FTW!!

And, yes, we've had both.  Bought the Kirby from a guy at work for $50.  Got the Rainbow at a garage sale for $50, invoice was in the box.  Lady paid $2700.  Ouch!!

Disclaimer:  I used to sell Rainbows.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 3:46:09 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Not going to be any pics. Stay focused.

She bought a $2000.00 vacuum.

At that price, that Kirby better have come with a free Herby!

Link Posted: 10/24/2012 3:47:40 PM EDT
[#39]
I've mentioned it before but my parents got a Kirby for their wedding in 1969 and it has been factory refurbished (for free) every ten years including replacement of all attachments) and now I have it and it kicks ass. If the lifetime warranty is still in force you have a great vacuum on your hands.  Be happy.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#40]
My dad almost divorced my mom over that shit.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#41]
They are good vacuums, but for $2k?!? That's insane. You could buy a beater car for that much. That's something like $5 per time you vacuum.
Those of you that are Dyson fans, you should probably stop judging things by their price tag. Dysons are good, not great. I used to buy vacuums for use in dorm rooms, the only ones that survived were Dyson and Shark. Given the price difference, I'll go with the Shark.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#42]
For the people that have had a hard time getting the salesmen out of your house, don't they have to leave when you ask them too? If not, aren't they trespassing?
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 3:54:51 PM EDT
[#43]
We have one of the old ones made of metal. The new ones have a lot of plastic but are much lighter.

My neighbor bought a new one last year, talked them down to $600. They're desparate, not many folks able to shell out that much right now.

Last vacuum you'll ever buy, they're indestructible.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Did it come with the BJ attachment? Because for that price...

That all depends on when he realizes he lost, but tries to pull a win out of it in the form of some make up sex.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 4:17:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What is the deal with Kirby vacuums? Three topics in the last week on them.  

They last forever. Also, the sales person will pour salt in your carpet, then go over it with your vacuum 50 times.
Then they go over it with a kirby 10 times  and pull out an ass load of salt using a clear window catcher.

They are really the cat's meow when it comes to vacuums. Way over priced, but still the best.
I think $500 our so is a good price considering what dyson charges.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 4:21:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Too much money, but they really are outstanding vacuums. My brother bought my mom one as a gift 28 years ago. I own it now; still works like it did on day one.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Pics of wife using this vacuum aren't loading.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 4:30:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Love my Dyson Animal for $500
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 4:42:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
She said I wanted it and I bought it.

Hell we aren't hurting for money and if she's happy I guess we own a fucking Kirby.

Pretty much how it works in my house.  Momma wanted a Dyson, she got a Dyson, she wanted the new super fancy washer and dryer, she got that too.  I have an 82" Mitsubishi HDTV, which replaced my 65" Mitsubishi HDTV.  If we got the money, and momma wants something, she gets it.  By the same token,  if we got the money and I want a new gun, I get it.  It has worked for us for 23 years and counting.
Link Posted: 10/24/2012 4:45:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
During the discussion she said didn't you just buy a rifle and optic for $1600.00 or so?

Shit.

Tell her to look at vacuums at Wal-Mart.  Nothing over $500.  $2000 is insane for a fucking vacuum.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top