Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2012 9:38:22 AM EDT
With all the people changing their vote from 3rd party to Romney, buying magazines, AKs and ARs, ect.

Seriously, were none of yall paying attention for the last 4 years?  

Why did it take Obama stating his support for another AWB in a debate in 2012 to figure out that this man seriously hates guns?

Were his anti gun Supreme Court appointments not sufficient?  Or his cabinet appointments?  Or his earlier comments about "AK-47s belonging in the hands of soldiers, not on our streets", "clinging to their guns and religion".....or the little minor operation ATF ran called Fast and Furious to pump up "US supplied gun violence" in Mexico?  

I'm just a little floored at the massive reaction to his comments last night.  It is not like the man said anything new....this is exactly how he's been acting and how he's been talking for the last 4 years, not to mention the rest of his political career.

WTF?  

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 9:39:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, the change over is really fast and furious.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 9:48:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Obama can say anything he wants. The election is a lock. They are just going through the motions so that it doesn't look too much like a Don King fight.

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 9:50:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Obama can say anything he wants. The election is a lock. They are just going through the motions so that it doesn't look too much like a Don King fight.    

I tend to agree that Romney is going to win.  The biggest question in my mind is whether it will be a blowout or a close race.

I still just can't get over the sudden surprise.   I've been panic buying since 08, so I'm confused by people that waited so long.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 9:51:26 AM EDT
[#4]
It seems to me that thanks would be more appropriate and productive than ridicule.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 9:53:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It seems to me that thanks would be more appropriate and productive than ridicule.

People like to claim to be undecided because it makes them feel like they are important for a few minutes.  Anyone that doesn't know who they are voting for a this point isn't paying enough attention to actually deserve a vote.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 9:55:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks to who?  Obama for continuing to say what he's already said, or the 3rd party/undecided voters for finally listening to the guy?  

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 9:57:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yeah, the change over is really fast and furious.

Hrmmm... I see... what you did... there.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 9:59:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I was sick last night and missed the debates...so what did Obama say about gun ownership?
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 10:01:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was sick last night and missed the debates...so what did Obama say about gun ownership?

A question was asked about supporting an assault weapons ban.

Obama recited his usual "AK47s belong on the hands of soldiers, not in our streets", said he supported an assault weapons ban but that we also needed additional measures, because it was cheap handguns that was driving the crime spike in his home town of Chicago.

So basically he said "yeah, an AWB would be a good start, but I'd like to restrict handguns too".

Edit:  Romney said he didn't support any new gun laws.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 10:03:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I was actually impressed by what Obama said. He actually recognized its not the AK-47's killing everybody!
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 10:04:11 AM EDT
[#11]
I think everyone panic buying are the same people who said, "I'm a republican, but Obama hasn't tried to push any legislation. He upheld CC in federal parks, etc etc."

These are the people who refused to look at his voting record as a senator.

ETA: My surprise level was 0 last night. It was on his fucking agenda in 2008 but more pressing issues were at hand (and still are).
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 10:06:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Some folks can see the brick heading toward their face while others need to be hit by it before they believe that it's real.

A bunch of folks got hit square between the eyes with it last night.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 10:14:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 11:05:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Some folks can see the brick heading toward their face while others need to be hit by it before they believe that it's real.

Very well put.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 12:28:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Zero has been the best gun salesman in the history of the world. Dwarfing even Clinton in this respect.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 12:35:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I love all the "WTS Pre-ban mag" ads that have popped up in the EE overnight.   LOL
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I recall, the question didn't even mention an AWB. It was a general question about gun violence. Obama mentioned a new AWB as part of his solution to gun violence.

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I just didn't want to feel left out
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 12:45:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I recall, the question didn't even mention an AWB. It was a general question about gun violence. Obama mentioned a new AWB as part of his solution to gun violence.

She said "assault weapons".

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 12:47:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I meant she didn't ask about renewing the ban.

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 12:50:45 PM EDT
[#21]
It's the way it always has been.

Remember Kennedy/Nixon?

People will pay attention when they pay attention.  You can't force
it.  Personally, I didn't see the debates because I'm not interested at all
in them.  Why should I be?  I'm voteing for Romney, and there is no
possible way I'd be convinced to vote for Obama, or any other Democrat.

I pay attention during (R) primarys and local elections.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 12:53:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I remember, it was a person in the audience that mentioned it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 12:54:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obama recited his usual "AK47s belong on the hands of soldiers, not in our streets", said he supported an assault weapons ban but that we also needed additional measures, because it was cheap handguns that was driving the crime spike in his home town of Chicago.

So basically he said "yeah, an AWB would be a good start, but I'd like to restrict handguns too".

Edit:  Romney said he didn't support any new gun laws.

Thanks...no real surprise there though as we all know Obama's ultimate goal with regards to firearms...
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get rid of the humans= end to violence.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 12:58:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I meant she didn't ask about renewing the ban.

Right, but when a woman says something about AK-47s and asks what the president has done to get assault weapons off the streets, everyone knows what she's after.  

Giltweasel was kind enough to transcribe the entire thing, including Romney's reply.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1378631_Relevant_quotation_from_the_debate_transcript_re__AK47s_.html&light=transcript

QUESTION: President Obama, during the Democratic National Convention in 2008, you stated you wanted to keep AK-47s out of the hands of criminals. What has your administration done or planned to do to limit the availability of assault weapons?

OBAMA: We're a nation that believes in the Second Amendment, and I believe in the Second Amendment. We've got a long tradition of hunting and sportsmen and people who want to make sure they can protect themselves.

But there have been too many instances during the course of my presidency, where I've had to comfort families who have lost somebody. Most recently out in Aurora. You know, just a couple of weeks ago, actually, probably about a month, I saw a mother, who I had met at the bedside of her son, who had been shot in that theater.

And her son had been shot through the head. And we spent some time, and we said a prayer and, remarkably, about two months later, this young man and his mom showed up, and he looked unbelievable, good as new.

But there were a lot of families who didn't have that good fortune and whose sons or daughters or husbands didn't survive.

So my belief is that, (A), we have to enforce the laws we've already got, make sure that we're keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, those who are mentally ill. We've done a much better job in terms of background checks, but we've got more to do when it comes to enforcement.

But I also share your belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don't belong on our streets. And so what I'm trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. Part of it is seeing if we can get an assault weapons ban reintroduced. But part of it is also looking at other sources of the violence. Because frankly, in my home town of Chicago, there's an awful lot of violence and they're not using AK-47s. They're using cheap hand guns.

And so what can we do to intervene, to make sure that young people have opportunity; that our schools are working; that if there's violence on the streets, that working with faith groups and law enforcement, we can catch it before it gets out of control.

And so what I want is a –– is a comprehensive strategy. Part of it is seeing if we can get automatic weapons that kill folks in amazing numbers out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill. But part of it is also going deeper and seeing if we can get into these communities and making sure we catch violent impulses before they occur.

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 1:00:47 PM EDT
[#26]
"This is my last election ... After my election I have more flexibility," Obama said.

Did anyone really think that only referred to missile defense issues with Russia?
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 1:01:04 PM EDT
[#27]
But, last night, he actually said, "I support reinstatement of the AWB...."

So now people are all
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 1:01:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for the transcript.  There you go, Smashy.

I messed up her exact words a bit, but "What has your administration done or planned to do to limit the availability of assault weapons?" seems like a pretty clear question regarding the possibility of an assault weapons ban to me.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 1:01:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So now people are all

He's said that before.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 1:01:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
"This is my last election ... After my election I have more flexibility," Obama said.

Did anyone really think that only referred to missile defense issues with Russia?

I knew what he meant...he's been quiet on the gun issue so he can get back in and really throw it to us.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 1:02:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

And his planned foreign policy disasters are frankly even more scary than his anti gun stance.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Wonder why the gun laws already in place in Chicago aren't working  to prevent the violence.

He's and all his ilk are fucking idiots.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 1:07:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Thanks for the transcript.  There you go, Smashy.

Yeah, I know that. My point was that he mentioned the AWB, and especially renewing it, when it wasn't specifically asked.

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 1:08:08 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So now people are all

He's said that before.

I was unaware of that among all of his "We don't want your guns...." B.S.

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 1:08:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tend to agree that Romney is going to win.  The biggest question in my mind is whether it will be a blowout or a close race.

I still just can't get over the sudden surprise.   I've been panic buying since 08, so I'm confused by people that waited so long.  

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the general consensus that the election will be determined by the swing states and Obama has most of those in the bag?
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 1:08:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the general consensus that the election will be determined by the swing states and Obama has most of those in the bag?
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 1:10:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

and some ignored that brick
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 1:11:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Remember Kennedy/Nixon?

I watch them the same way I do a sporting event.  End result doesn't change much for me personally but I like to cheer on one side while cursing at the other.

And I like to have a feel for which direction the stupid undecided people might go.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 1:13:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it will be determined by the swing states.  The consensus in the Mainstream Media is that Obama has lots of swing states locked up.

The reality is a combination of a pissed off leftist base with low voter enthusiasm and a pissed off right wing base with high voter enthusiasm is probably going to put this one into the bag for Romney.

The blacks, college kids, gays, etc aren't going to come out as strongly for Big O as they did in 08.  

This election is VERY winnable for Romney IMO.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 1:14:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember Kennedy/Nixon?

I watch them the same way I do a sporting event.  End result doesn't change much for me personally but I like to cheer on one side while cursing at the other.

And I like to have a feel for which direction the stupid undecided people might go.

I just watch for the drinking games.  Obama couldn't have done anything on that stage that would have convinced me to vote for that jerk after the last 4 years of ineptitude.  (granted, I didn't buy into the hopey changey machine last time either....but still.  FBO).  

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 1:15:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

and some ignored that brick

I'm sure they did
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 1:18:07 PM EDT
[#42]
I don't think that most are surprised by his stance or his agenda. The thing that surprised me and many others was that he SAID it. It's kinda like the name that shall not be named. Go to barackobama.com and search for "gun control". Not there. Not mentioned ANYWHERE on the site. Same for "AWB" or "assault weapon". Completely devoid of any mention of it. It is THAT toxic.

Everyone acts like the guy has been preaching this for 4 years. He has not. He's been thinking it and we've been thinking it for this whole term but he hasn't dared to say it. He's pandered to "Sportsmen for Obama" and crap like that even. Hell we've even had to put up with Dems pretending to be disenchanted with him for his not pushing for gun control (not that it will sway their votes).

In seconds last night he completely torpedoed all of his posturing for the last 3 years with smoke & mirrors on the 2A with the mere mention of an AWB.

Hopefully it served as a wake up call to those that thought "the guy hasn't come after us yet so maybe he's not that bad."

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 1:22:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

So now people are all

Obama has said he supports an assault weapon ban many times before, and he also posted before the 2008 election that he and Biden support the ban on their "where we stand on the issues" webpage, and they recently put it back up there again.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 1:22:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Relevant thread for debate quote.
Link Posted: 10/17/2012 1:26:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The thing that surprised me and many others was that he SAID it. It's kinda like the name that shall not be named. Go to barackobama.com and search for "gun control". Not there. Not mentioned ANYWHERE on the site. Same for "AWB" or "assault weapon". Completely devoid of any mention of it. It is THAT toxic.

~~~

In seconds last night he completely torpedoed all of his posturing for the last 3 years with smoke & mirrors on the 2A with the mere mention of an AWB.

Thank you. That's all I was trying to say, but I figured it was obvious enough that a long explanation wasn't necessary.

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 1:27:45 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Obama
has said he supports an assault weapon ban many times before, and he
also posted before the 2008 election that he and Biden support the ban
on their "where we stand on the issues" webpage, and they recently put
it back up there again.

That's just it. You and everyone else says he has said this AWB stuff MANY times before but I'm catching hell finding him actually
saying it. There's plenty of us out there projecting it upon the guy b/c
we know it but he's very careful to not say it; until last night. As I
mentioned a couple posts up above gun control, AWB and Assault Weapons
are NOT on barackobama.com AT ALL.

Obama gun control vids on youtube do not have him saying AWB AT ALL.

Maybe
my google-fu sucks but he's hardly been rampantly running around
yelling AWB for 4 years... I'd bet that there may be 3 anecdotal
mentions of it somewhere; I haven't found any though...

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 2:34:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Obama has said he supports an assault weapon ban many times before, and he also posted before the 2008 election that he and Biden support the ban on their "where we stand on the issues" webpage, and they recently put it back up there again.

That's just it. You and everyone else says he has said this AWB stuff MANY times before but I'm catching hell finding him actually saying it. There's plenty of us out there projecting it upon the guy b/c we know it but he's very careful to not say it; until last night. As I mentioned a couple posts up above gun control, AWB and Assault Weapons are NOT on barackobama.com AT ALL.

Obama gun control vids on youtube do not have him saying AWB AT ALL.

Maybe my google-fu sucks but he's hardly been rampantly running around yelling AWB for 4 years... I'd bet that there may be 3 anecdotal mentions of it somewhere; I haven't found any though...

It's been up on the site below for several days at least.  

( Actually, If you check the wayback machine, the statement has been there all along. )

It's under Crime and Law Enforcement

http://change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy_agenda/

Type the URL in on the site below.

http://archive.org/web/web.php

Link Posted: 10/17/2012 2:40:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Lotta' people are just slow on the uptake side and cannot comprehend plain English.

Some people have to be told 3 times before they'll listen.

Some people are just stupid as a fuckin' cold rocks and do not understand English and will not hear a word you say unless they want to hear something that pertains to their own self interests.

Barry laid out his plans and goals before 2008 and has been quickly and quietly rearranging the furniture since he was sworn in.

Clearly, without question or doubt, he's an islamic sympathizer and apologist and a power mad, gun grabbing radical socialist tyrant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top