User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/29/2012 6:47:51 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

It plays on my laptop.

Which player are you using?  Is it the DVD or the Digital Copy?

Link Posted: 10/1/2012 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I just bought The Avengers and it didn't play in my computer, either.  

After some searching around, I found and downloaded Cyberlinks PowerDVD 10, which plays the movie.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 3:29:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I just bought The Avengers and it didn't play in my computer, either.  

After some searching around, I found and downloaded Cyberlinks PowerDVD 10, which plays the movie.

Great, thanks for the tip!  I'll check it out.

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 4:19:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're not missing much.

It's a terrible movie.  The "story" is laughable - clearly just some flimsy excuse to get all the characters shoehorned into the same comic-book hero movie - and other than the occasional hilarious Joss Wheaton one-liners, the writing and acting is pretty awful.

I'd heard a lot of good things about the movie, and was excited to watch it (so I didn't go in expecting it to be bad), and I was just shocked at how terrible it was.

You never read the comic books huh? I reminded me a lot of the comics from the 70's and 80's.

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Just got it from Netflix.  The DVD doesn't play in my Macbook Pro (OSX 10.8 - Mountain Lion).  Ugh.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Anybody else having this problem?

The only things I can think of and order I would try:

-Make sure the disc isn't defective/try in a different DVD player
-Check for codec update for player software
-Try different media player
-Try reinstalling/updating driver for DVD drive
-Virus scan
-Use a system restore point

ETA: if it still doesn't work at that point, your DVD drive may be defective...but you said it's not that, so I'm out of ideas.

Thanks.  For now I'm going to wait and see if the VLC guys get it working with their player.  

oh I think I know what might be the issue I discovered this while ripping my DVD collection to MP4 earlier this year. Newer walt disney movies have a wierd new copy protection built into them and that might be hosing you.

I bet it plays fine in a regular DVD player doesn't it?
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#7]
My DVD plays fine through Quickplay on my HP laptop.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 8:10:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Apparently some people have had the Avengers Bluray lock their players from playing any movie until they apply a firmware update. Sounds like the different formats of that movie all have new crappy DRM implemented.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 8:24:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Apparently some people have had the Avengers Bluray lock their players from playing any movie until they apply a firmware update. Sounds like the different formats of that movie all have new crappy DRM implemented.

Yeah, this seems likely.  I have a feeling the movie will be popular on TPB.

Link Posted: 10/2/2012 8:45:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Flip desk, try again?
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#11]
DK Prof is just pissy because it made Thor look like the pussy he is.
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 10:12:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I actually did.. On my home theater setup..would play on my crappy dvd player in my bed room & my xbox.. It seems my mine would not play after I selected English. I learned just press menu and scene selection and the dvd played from the first scene.. I hope this helps.    
Link Posted: 10/2/2012 10:24:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Click To View Spoiler

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top