Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/27/2012 8:20:46 PM EDT
4 years ago at this time everywhere you turned, people had signs on their lawns.  I'm in NY so, mostly there were obama signs, but there were plenty of McCain / Palin also.

Right now... absolutely NONE.  ANYWHERE.

Now, the only thing I can figure, is that people feel the division in the air.  And it's not just healthy disagreement, it's downright UGLY.  4 years ago, I suffered vandalism to my property because of my McCain support.  I had also heard about vehicles being vandalized, but I did not personally have any stickers on my cars (I knew better).

I am thinking that people are PETRIFIED (on both sides of the camp) of reprecussions based on their political support.

Again, I find it very odd that there is NOTHING up, anywhere.  It's as if we were in the middle of April or something, and not 40 some-odd days from the election.

ETA:  As for me, I am not willing to subject myself or my family to any such attacks, so other than voting, I am not displaying my support for Mitt.  It's just not worth it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 9:00:15 PM EDT
[#1]
NY's a lock for Obama.  It's a waste of Romney funds to try to win this state.

Better to spend the same money in Ohio instead, or PA or FL or somewhere.

We won't see local ads, either, just national ads on cable and such.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 9:21:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
4 years ago at this time everywhere you turned, people had signs on their lawns.  I'm in NY so, mostly there were obama signs, but there were plenty of McCain / Palin also.

Now, the only thing I can figure, is that people feel the division in the air.  And it's not just healthy disagreement, it's downright UGLY.  4 years ago, I suffered vandalism to my property because of my McCain support.  I had also heard about vehicles being vandalized, but I did not personally have any stickers on my cars (I knew better).

I am thinking that people are PETRIFIED (on both sides of the camp) of reprecussions based on their political support.

Again, I find it very odd that there is NOTHING up, anywhere.  It's as if we were in the middle of April or something, and not 40 some-odd days from the election.

ETA:  As for me, I am not willing to subject myself or my family to any such attacks, so other than voting, I am not displaying my support for Mitt.  It's just not worth it.

Some republicans fear vandalism.
Most are barely resolved to even vote for Romney, much less show support for him.

Zero voters either think it is in the bag or are not bothering to vote. Shine has worn off.

I have seen 1, count em 1 presidential campaign sign in a neighborhood dominated by Obama signs last go around.
That one sign.... Gary Johnson (and no, it isn't mine).
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 9:24:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 9:29:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Ohio's going for Obama. I can kind of tell unfortunately. They are running the same "Romney hates working people" ads, 24/7 here.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 9:31:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Yea same down here just a couple of signs here and there for the local boys.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 9:35:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There are VERY FEW around here, but I've seen three in the general area - and all are Romney/Ryan.

I'm seeing tons more Obama signs in this part of Virginia this time.

That and the polls make me think it's going to be a long 4 years.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 9:48:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some republicans fear vandalism.
Most are barely resolved to even vote for Romney, much less show support for him.

Zero voters either think it is in the bag or are not bothering to vote. Shine has worn off.

I have seen 1, count em 1 presidential campaign sign in a neighborhood dominated by Obama signs last go around.
That one sign.... Gary Johnson (and no, it isn't mine).

I think fear of vandalism is alot of it. This is the first election that I've ended up in a heated argument with family members (Mom's side is populated by libtards). In fact, it's to the point that I don't give a shit if I talk to those idiots again.

But back to the signs.... Around here there are a few, but not as many as usual. Of course there are a couple Obama zealots. One has his yard plastered with Obama signs, and the other drives around in one of those Toyota VW Minibus ripoffs painted flat black with the "FORWARD" slogan/logo hand painted down each side.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 9:51:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ohio's going for Obama. I can kind of tell unfortunately. They are running the same "Romney hates working people" ads, 24/7 here.

If Ohio was a lost cause for Romney, you wouldn't see any Obama ads.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 9:55:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There are VERY FEW around here, but I've seen three in the general area - and all are Romney/Ryan.

Is it just me, or in 2008, was NoVA basically Obama signs all over the place?  But this year its basically nothing at all, with maybe the occasional Romney sign?

I have a hard time seeing Obama winning VA this time around.  Who knows though.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:00:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Now, the only thing I can figure, is that people feel the division in the air.  And it's not just healthy disagreement, it's downright UGLY.  

I think you are spot on right there. I don't think we have been this divided as a nation in the last 50 years.  

Not seeing anywhere near as many signs / bumperstickers for the national races, just local.

Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:03:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Not many here in San Antonio.

Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:09:56 PM EDT
[#12]

This time in 2008 my area was full of Obama signs. My old street had an Obama sign on almost every front lawn.

This time... NOT A SINGLE ONE.  And while I'm not in a fully libtarded area of Illinois I don't see the same hope n change wave. Those people have jumped off the bandwagon.

I firmly believe all of this polling showing OBama way ahead is bullshit and just designed to keep people on our side from voting. No coincidence that these polls showing that Obama has it already wrapped up came out just when early voting starts.

Don't fucking believe the MSM polls, this is just their latest dirty trick.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:14:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:16:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Pretty mild around here too, although we have an anti-gay marriage referendum coming up and the anti-anti-gay marriage folks have done a good job getting their signs out.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:16:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Havent seen but a handful of Romney / Ryan  signs

and not one obama.

Which kinda spoiled my plan of buying a bunch of "N" stickers and putting it on the obama signs.

"N"obama

I have also been signing any credit card recipts with NOBAMA
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:20:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I was thinking the same thing today while traveling for work. Passed several towns, saw barely any signs, none for the presidential, but a few for local and state gov.

Last election it was overrun with those signs everywhere for obama and mccain.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:25:08 PM EDT
[#17]
All I've seen are some bumper stickers, about equal for each candidate.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 10:28:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This time in 2008 my area was full of Obama signs. My old street had an Obama sign on almost every front lawn.

This time... NOT A SINGLE ONE.  And while I'm not in a fully libtarded area of Illinois I don't see the same hope n change wave. Those people have jumped off the bandwagon.

I firmly believe all of this polling showing OBama way ahead is bullshit and just designed to keep people on our side from voting. No coincidence that these polls showing that Obama has it already wrapped up came out just when early voting starts.

Don't fucking believe the MSM polls, this is just their latest dirty trick.

Sorry dude I don't think its a trick. I've almost given up on people in this country. I don't mean this in a melodramatic way, either.

I simply think that the ignorant libtards and others that support and vote for that slimy cocksucker outnumber the intelligent good intentioned working folks.

They all want to give the "black man" another shot, because, its racists if you don't.

Fuck 'em

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:02:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

i don't see Oh going to obama. Not seeing the bumperstickers and yard signs like last time.

Ohio went right in '10 and i dont see any reason for it to go back left in 2 years.

but then again, there is a lot of out there.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:33:55 PM EDT
[#20]
I ordered my Romney yard sign a month ago. Still hasn't showed up.
Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:44:07 PM EDT
[#21]
This entire election is much lower key.

Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:45:14 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

If Ohio was a lost cause for Romney, you wouldn't see any Obama ads.

Good point.

Link Posted: 9/27/2012 11:55:07 PM EDT
[#23]
only yard sign I've seen is for heller who seems to be leading the senate race.

I put the empty chair out recently haven't really noticed any of those.

I don't think I care anymore I have done my research and know who I will vote for.

Life will continue and I shall adapt and overcome any adversity before me.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 12:18:17 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I ordered my Romney yard sign a month ago. Still hasn't showed up.

I'm still waiting for decals a month later.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 12:35:00 AM EDT
[#25]
There was an Obama sign down the road in my (rural) area.
The next day it was gone.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 2:02:12 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Not many here in San Antonio.

Yep, mostly local stuff. Seen a few Romney yard signs, nothing for O.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 2:05:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

People hate admitting they were wrong. Look for a landslide for Romney.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 2:10:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope you're right, but i'm feeling kind of down this go around. In 2008 I bought into the Arfcom hype about the bad polling and all that, and Obama blew away McCain. Don't want to get my hopes up again. Only big difference I see this time around is that a metric ton of people that voted him in last time likely won't even vote this time.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 2:22:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Here in the counties west of Atlanta, I see very few stickers on vehicles, and even fewer yard signs.

Georgia is a firmly red state so I'm not concerned Obama will take Georgia. But it does seem odd that there is almost no outward indications that an election is just over a month away.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 2:28:45 AM EDT
[#30]
No one is excited about Romney, Obama supporters think it's a lock for O
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 2:41:25 AM EDT
[#31]
There are almost no campaign signs and even fewer bumper stickers here in Michigan either. I put an empty chair in my front yard for my campaign sign. It has drawn an lot of attention and several people have told me they liked the idea and decided to do the same.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 2:43:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Voter apathy is a motherfucker.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 2:43:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope you're right, but i'm feeling kind of down this go around. In 2008 I bought into the Arfcom hype about the bad polling and all that, and Obama blew away McCain. Don't want to get my hopes up again. Only big difference I see this time around is that a metric ton of people that voted him in last time likely won't even vote this time.

He has a record this time and it's not good.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 2:45:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This multiplied by times who knows what. My brother and sister will vote for the businessman this time; not the "community organizer".

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 2:46:25 AM EDT
[#35]
I can't get the Romney/Ryan idjuts to send me mine that I paid for weeks ago.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 3:04:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

My sign came in two days. You sure about that?
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 3:41:26 AM EDT
[#37]
All I have seen have been for Obama & Biden and I've seen dozens but I am behind enemy lines.  Several very large signs to punch the Democrat ticket # 10 for all positions.  GR-RRRR  I suspect more signs will be placed in the next 2 weeks.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 3:43:04 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My sign came in two days. You sure about that?
I ordered a yard sign and a bumper sticker.  Has to be at least 2 weeks ago.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 3:50:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Educated Voter apathy is a motherfucker.

I wish the only people who voted were informed on the issues.  Those who make up their minds walking into the polling place, go "eeny, meany, miney, mo" on the ballot, or who vote tribal identity are the ones ruining the country.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 3:55:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 3:55:25 AM EDT
[#41]
If you go into Syracuse then you will see 'O' bumper stickers aplenty, of course they are on Toyota's and more often than not next to one of the many flavors of LGBT stickers. I grocery shop in Cicero and have only seen one Obama sticker in the parking lot in recent months, and I think it was an old one. The community where I live you won't see the stickers or the signs. I have not seen any political signs in relation to the Presidential campaign, aside from a Ron Paul. Up until a couple months ago there was a Gadsden flying in the swamp randomly! There are local candidates like county treasurer and the congressional candidates signs up in two yards, but again, not many at all. The big place to stick the signs was down at the intersections, but now there are none. Not even the local candidates.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 3:58:39 AM EDT
[#42]
The last time we as a nation have seen such a concerted effort by the media to pave the way for their boy, Jimmmah Cahhter was running against Reagan.  Go out and vote.   If we do get mittfor brains, the butthert on the left will be much more than epic.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 4:00:58 AM EDT
[#43]
There are always lots of signs in NH: 4 years ago my (70% Republican voting) town was plastered in Obama signs, this time round there are no Obama signs, lots of regular sized signs (for Mitt and candidates for governor, house, senate, and local office) and a few large signs for each of Mitt, the house candidate, and the Governor candidate.

Obama even spoke at our high school a few weeks ago and there were no Obama signs and lots of Mitt signs.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 4:02:50 AM EDT
[#44]
I don't display any political signs, and I don't talk politics except in good company. It's not worth an ass kicking or worse.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 4:07:41 AM EDT
[#45]
We can only hope that the apathy and complacency of the Obunghole worshippers spells a low Democrat turnout.  Saying that you're going to vote for Obama to a pollster isn't the same thing as actually getting off your ass and going to the polling station.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 4:09:40 AM EDT
[#46]
I haven't seen a single sign here in central MO, except for a few local elections.  Lots of folks at work have Obama stickers on their cars, but some of them are left over from 08.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 4:12:42 AM EDT
[#47]
I haven't seen any obama signs around northern DE, last time the trash was everywhere.  The shine done worn off.  Have seen some Romney signs though.
Link Posted: 9/28/2012 4:12:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm seeing tons more Obama signs in this part of Virginia this time.

That and the polls make me think it's going to be a long 4 years.

Are you in a college town?  I travel a lot of the state and don't see a whole lot of presidential election posters.  In my area (80miles SW of DC) I see more local political signs.  Over all there's more Romney stuff......the 2008 Rock The Vote frenzy may only still exist in the minds a few student activist.  There will be a lot less VA voters, this will hurt the O more.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 4:14:23 AM EDT
[#49]
There are 2 Romney signs up on my street.

Link Posted: 9/28/2012 4:14:48 AM EDT
[#50]
I don't drive a long commute, but I've seen exactly four Obama 2012 bumper stickers this year.

In Maryland?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top