Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2012 4:48:49 PM EDT
Anyone have good or bad things to say about the ammo pre-orders that Sportsmans Guide always has?

They seem to have good prices on these pre-orders all the time.

If you have done a pre-order, how long until you received the ammo?
Are people still waiting for pre-orders?

I just havnt heard anything about it and seems like some good deals.
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I did my first with the 7n6 5.45 earlier and got worried when i got an email to extend it.  I got really worried when I saw the charge go across.   But I logged in and they were preparing to ship it..  I should get it tomorrow..
Link Posted: 9/25/2012 5:53:48 PM EDT
[#2]
it's not a matter of receiving your pre-order; it's a matter of waiting for it to get cancelled after you're conned into buying one of their shitty memberships

eta: maybe someone has a different experience. they cancelled two of my backorders on a product that they were still taking backorders on.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 6:54:02 AM EDT
[#3]
They can take up to a year to fill back orders.  Some eventually get their stuff, others just get cancelled.v  You may have to "renew" your back order from time to time.  One misstep & you're off the list.  Always seemed like too many silly hurdles to jump just to save a little money on merchandise that might never show up anyway.  If you like internet games then you might not mind the process.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 7:09:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I learned that they are an awesome company to deal with IF you only order in stock products.
To determine if a product is in stock add it to your cart.  When you look in your cart it will either say "in stock" or "backordered untill ..."
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 7:11:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They can take up to a year to fill back orders.  Some eventually get their stuff, others just get cancelled.v  You may have to "renew" your back order from time to time.  One misstep & you're off the list.  Always seemed like too many silly hurdles to jump just to save a little money on merchandise that might never show up anyway.  If you like internet games then you might not mind the process.

I've always had good luck with SG but yeah, you have to play silly games.

I know I ordered some back-ordered XM193 for ~0.19/round in January of 2008. As the year hurtled Obama closer and closer to the White House, prices were going through the roof but I watched my e-mails and maintained my order which was moved-back and moved-back. Finally in November they were selling the same product at $0.60/round and they sent me a letter saying they didn't know when it would be delivered but I had 10 days to call a number and confirm that I wanted to wait. I received the letter 7 days after it was dated I called and confirmed and a week later my ammo was on my door step
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 7:20:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Hurm. I just did pre-order the 1000 rounds of Wolf 55gr .223 for $215. I hope it shows up this year.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 7:22:53 AM EDT
[#7]
On a backorder, I had to wait 2 years to get some Webley .455.
And on a great price on .223 Wolf, $99 a case, they cancelled it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 10:50:56 AM EDT
[#8]
play their games and you get your product for decent prices. Ive got $700 worth of ammo on backorder with a estimated shipping date in november on half of it. Not a big deal but for the lowest price to be found right now, by the time it actually ships I know ill be saving money on what the price will shoot up to.
Link Posted: 9/26/2012 5:44:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
play their games and you get your product for decent prices. Ive got $700 worth of ammo on backorder with a estimated shipping date in november on half of it. Not a big deal but for the lowest price to be found right now, by the time it actually ships I know ill be saving money on what the price will shoot up to.

Agree. A few years ago I was buying quite a bit of ammo from SG and it was often back ordered. Ship dates would routinely get extended...sometimes by 6 months or more but I always got the ammo for the agreed upon price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top