Site Notices
10/30/2014 3:55:04 PM
Author
Posted: 9/25/2012 3:49:50 PM

Back in '03 he was spot on about gold, gas, and the RE crash....
http://www.wsifn.com/instantfree/flashemail_092412.htm
dragonstalk
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/25/2012 3:53:01 PM
The Israelis aren't stopping there. Using a massive EMP (electromagnetic pulse) attack, they are going to shut down Iran's electric grid and Internet. Cellphones and telephones in Iran will no longer work. Same with the water systems... lights... all radio, TV, satellite and transportation systems.

Cars, trucks, and buses will be stuck in their parking places. Unable to start, run or move. Trains and planes won't start, their electrical systems fried.

what a fucking retard
HullBreach
Wants to be a Honey Badger when he grows up.
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/25/2012 3:56:52 PM
Originally Posted By dragonstalk:
The Israelis aren't stopping there. Using a massive EMP (electromagnetic pulse) attack, they are going to shut down Iran's electric grid and Internet. Cellphones and telephones in Iran will no longer work. Same with the water systems... lights... all radio, TV, satellite and transportation systems.

Cars, trucks, and buses will be stuck in their parking places. Unable to start, run or move. Trains and planes won't start, their electrical systems fried.

what a fucking retard

Yeah, unless the Izzys have some magic tech that makes EMP WAY more effective than testing has shown, this is bunk. I don't remember who did it but one of the "educationial" channels actually hauled some cars out to a testing facillity and hit them with some crazy powerful pulses and the damn things started up every time.

Power grids are very vulnerable though.
Qweevox
In matters of principal stand like a rock
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/25/2012 3:58:20 PM
I believe the Israelis would wait until after the election in the hope that they might get a more friendly U.S. ally in the White House. So nothing until after the election.
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear."---Thomas Jefferson
ModernDayIsraelite
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/25/2012 3:58:37 PM
Originally Posted By HullBreach:

what a fucking retard

Yeah, unless the Izzys have some magic tech that makes EMP WAY more effective than testing has shown, this is bunk. I don't remember who did it but one of the "educationial" channels actually hauled some cars out to a testing facillity and hit them with some crazy powerful pulses and the damn things started up every time.

I read a documentary on this kind of stuff, called One Second After. Go ahead and laugh it up you two.
This page intentionally left blank.
FlashHole
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/25/2012 3:59:48 PM
Originally Posted By Qweevox:
I believe the Israelis would wait until after the election in the hope that they might get a more friendly U.S. ally in the White House. So nothing until after the election.

The opposite might be true in order to influence the election. Isreal knows they will be hurting if Obama wins another term.

American by the grace of God
Conservative by the power of intellect
TrickyVic
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/25/2012 4:02:29 PM

what a fucking retard

This! If the guy is as far off on other predictions I'd keep my money in my pocket if I were you.
When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home
TrickyVic
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/25/2012 4:03:59 PM
Originally Posted By ModernDayIsraelite:

what a fucking retard

I read a documentary on this kind of stuff, called One Second After. Go ahead and laugh it up you two.

News flash! One Second After had many tech things wrong besides the EMP effects.
When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home
3Trip
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/25/2012 4:06:32 PM

what a fucking retard

Doesn't the same thing that makes power grids vulnerable, make cellular towers and radio antennas vulnerable to EMP as well?
"I'm gonna need to dip you in holy water"
ModernDayIsraelite
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/25/2012 4:08:45 PM
Originally Posted By TrickyVic:

what a fucking retard

News flash! One Second After had many tech things wrong besides the EMP effects.

I know....there is no icon for sarcasm...

This page intentionally left blank.
LWilde
Avast there, ye Swab!
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/25/2012 4:21:42 PM

what a fucking retard

Good book.
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.---Anon
LWilde
Avast there, ye Swab!
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/25/2012 4:24:16 PM
[Last Edit: 9/25/2012 4:25:04 PM by LWilde]
I refuse to get into another HEMP argument. I'll just leave this here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_pulse#Practical_considerations_for_nuclear_EMP

Feel free to argue your brains out.
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.---Anon
Tested
Wonderer of why.
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/25/2012 4:26:48 PM
A bit of inflammatory rhetoric in there if you asked me.
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty.

Benjamin Franklin
AJ_Dual
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/25/2012 4:39:25 PM
[Last Edit: 9/25/2012 4:43:10 PM by AJ_Dual]

what a fucking retard

The way to make it more effective is to use conventional explosive EMP weapons that instead of using a nuke blast to just spam EMP all over, is to use a conventional explosive to crush/collapse a highly charged coil. A.k.a. a Explosively Pumped Flux Compression Generator. They're only good for a city, or even just a few blocks of one, but if you've got good intel, and it's the right few blocks they could be just as effective, and without the geopolitical ramifications of "going nuke" first.

Of course being conventional explosives, and whatever sort of coil you can pack into a reasonable sized bomb that can be deployed from a strike aircraft, they're way less powerful, but you can put them exactly where you want them, and a LOT closer to the desired target.

And then there's no need for EMP at all, the carbon fiber strand bombs we used in the Gulf Wars to disable certain power grids worked quite well. No power, backup systems can't run forever, and even less if certain key infrastructure is damaged in conventional attacks at the same time. Pressure wash the lines down, and then re-energize them, and the wind just blows a loose strand back over again and, "ZZZT!".

If we've not sold the Israeli's either of these systems, I'm willing to bet either or both of them are within their technical grasp. Both take lots of "rocket science" but aren't as hard overall as actual nuclear weapons IMO.
Omnis vestri substructio es servus ad Chuck Norris.
crownvic96
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/25/2012 4:53:52 PM
Originally Posted By AJ_Dual:

what a fucking retard

The way to make it more effective is to use conventional explosive EMP weapons that instead of using a nuke blast to just spam EMP all over, is to use a conventional explosive to crush/collapse a highly charged coil. A.k.a. a Explosively Pumped Flux Compression Generator. They're only good for a city, or even just a few blocks of one, but if you've got good intel, and it's the right few blocks they could be just as effective, and without the geopolitical ramifications of "going nuke" first.

Of course being conventional explosives, and whatever sort of coil you can pack into a reasonable sized bomb that can be deployed from a strike aircraft, they're way less powerful, but you can put them exactly where you want them, and a LOT closer to the desired target.

And then there's no need for EMP at all, the carbon fiber strand bombs we used in the Gulf Wars to disable certain power grids worked quite well. No power, backup systems can't run forever, and even less if certain key infrastructure is damaged in conventional attacks at the same time. Pressure wash the lines down, and then re-energize them, and the wind just blows a loose strand back over again and, "ZZZT!".

If we've not sold the Israeli's either of these systems, I'm willing to bet either or both of them are within their technical grasp. Both take lots of "rocket science" but aren't as hard overall as actual nuclear weapons IMO.

WTF is a carbon fiber strand bomb?
AJ_Dual
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2012 10:11:47 AM
Originally Posted By crownvic96:
WTF is a carbon fiber strand bomb?

Sorry, it's graphite strands, not carbon fiber.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BLU-114/B_%22Soft-Bomb%22

Omnis vestri substructio es servus ad Chuck Norris.
dbrowne1
Zero Force Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 9/26/2012 10:15:04 AM
EMP ... airstrikes ... sharp sticks ... whatever. I just want one of them to skin their smokewagon and get started already, I'm sick of hearing all this posturing and threatening from both sides, while Obongo stands there trying to decide which side he's on.
As a general rule, I'm always wary of total strangers who have the authority to totally ass-rape my life - runcible