BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 7:25:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
When is the FBI going to increase the minimum penetration standard from 12" to 16"?

Nom nom nom

If they do that I'm gonna have to gain another 25 lbs.

Eat Tactical.

Cracklins, biscuits, sausage gravy and grits.  

Damn it.  Now I am hungry.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 7:27:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Shooting doesn't require an elevated heart rate?

reloading does
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 7:27:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 7:28:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
correlation =/= causation.

There is no causal relationship between obesity and gun ownership. It just happens.

Actually, maybe it's something you could study for your dissertation!  

His screen name is ironic considering the topic at hand..
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 7:28:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I had the misfortune to go to a gun show on Saturday. Putting aside the mediocre overpriced gun selections, would somebody please explain to me why guns seem to attract land Orcas?

I can't count how many times I was jostled by guys who were 300+ pounds and more than a handful were pushing 400 and up. And the blubber and BO seem to go hand in hand, just like a few of those big guys are using canes to get around.

Why does this sport/hobby/interest act like a corpulence magnet? Is there a natural attraction between Hoppes No 9 and adipose?

Why do you care?  What's it to you?

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 7:34:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Shooting doesn't require an elevated heart rate?

Came here to say this...well pretty much
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 7:35:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Some of my best customers are fat. Their money is green. Best of all, a lot of big men are jovial. Maybe you need to lighten up and not pick on people.

Funny.
My wife says the same thing. When I was younger and not fat I was very serious and I'll tempered.  Now I'm older and fat I am a jokster.

Skinny people are cranky  

fuck you! no im not!

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 7:37:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 7:43:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Gun Shows are Food Deserts.

All that is available is doughnuts and full sugar Supersized Cokes.

We switch that to organic Kale and skim milk and there will be a BMI implosion.  Like magic!
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 7:48:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The past three visits I've made to my favorite gun shop (I go in, on average, around once a month), there has been the same land whale sitting on a bench inside the shop near the entrance.

He just sits there, occupying space - a LOT of space.

I imagine the statistical odds of me seeing him sitting there in that same spot on three separate trips (and I don't always go at the same time, or even on the same day) are very small, UNLESS he spends a shit
ton of time sitting there.

I know the owners, and AFAIK he has no connection to them.

The staff just seems to go about their business, paying him no mind, as if he were a mascot of sorts.

Very curious, that.

Maybe they provide him with a comfortable seat?

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 7:53:29 AM EDT
[#11]
This thread is making me hungry.............Whats for lunch?
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 8:07:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Guns fit a sedentary/disabled lifestyle.  You see lots of fat guys, just like you see a lot of old guys.  It's where they choose to spend their money.  So be it...

Where it gets comical is when the same heavy guys go full throttle into self defense or preparatory combat shooting.   Some of these characters discuss shaving time off draws or other maneuvers under the guise of 'it can save your life'.  This however is inconsistent with the type II diabetes that is being poorly treated.  A little introspection is needed here...

I enjoy reading the posts about where an individual is working his ass off and dropping large quantities of fat.  Face it, our bodies are tuned for famine rather than feast, and modern life provides a huge calorie feast at little cost.  I look at it this way, I can't fix my ugly mug, but I can keep lean and trim.  It will likely add 20 years of 'real living' to my life.  Of course, if something takes me out early, I'll regret not having gorged on fries and hot fudge sundays.

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#13]
I've got no beef with the land whales, its the assholes that stand in the middle of the aisles having a conversation. Usually there is enough room to move down both sides in opposite directions, and room to pass in the middle.

But NOOOO! !! You always get some assholes standing in the middle holding everyone up, then they get pissy if you ask them to move.

Fucking turds

Now granted when the whales do this, its game over

Side note: what defines a land whale?  I'm fat, 6 foot 270 (down from 300) , I don't wattle, and can sprint a 100 yards pretty quick...of course I feel like im going to die after wards, then again the smoking doesn't help that
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 9:26:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Side note: what defines a land whale?  I'm fat, 6 foot 270 (down from 300) , I don't wattle, and can sprint a 100 yards pretty quick...of course I feel like im going to die after wards, then again the smoking doesn't help that

Good for you!  Now quit smoking and get on those remaining 90...

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 9:30:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Don't worry, OP....you'll get fat, too.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 9:32:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm just glad that the ADA required my local gun show to widen the aisles.  We used to get a lot of traffic jams on people riding around on scooters.

That's the first thing I thought of!

There are always a few guys trying to navigate the bedlam on hoverounds.

I feel bad for them at first but then it gets irritating when they clog every new aisle you go down.

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 9:35:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Some of my best customers are fat. Their money is green. Best of all, a lot of big men are jovial. Maybe you need to lighten up and not pick on people.

Funny.
My wife says the same thing. When I was younger and not fat I was very serious and I'll tempered.  Now I'm older and fat I am a jokster.

Skinny people are cranky  

I am offended by that. where can I send my complaint on this hateful penguin guy?
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 9:41:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

...so not land whale status...but land seal status?

I knew my training would pay off
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 9:51:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

...so not land whale status...but land seal status?

I knew my training would pay off

Elephant Seal?
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 9:54:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
correlation =/= causation.

There is no causal relationship between obesity and gun ownership. It just happens.

Shut up fatty...errr skinny.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#21]
What is it with fags and their obsession with Heterosexual men?

Honestly, fuck OP I remember being young and in top shape and I never recall looking at another man and thinking he looks fat or he looks sexy because he is thin. Now women yes I enjoy looking at thin women with big tittles.

I just don't get where you fellows are coming from I guess.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 10:04:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I've got no beef with the land whales, its the assholes that stand in the middle of the aisles having a conversation. Usually there is enough room to move down both sides in opposite directions, and room to pass in the middle.

But NOOOO! !! You always get some assholes standing in the middle holding everyone up, then they get pissy if you ask them to move.

Fucking turds

Now granted when the whales do this, its game over

Landtuna?

I'm one inch shorter and 100lbs less.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 10:07:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My scientific research has revealed that there are actually 2-3 skinny people for every 1 fat person at each gun show, they are just obscured from your view... By the fatties.

This.  It's not just that the skinnys are obscured, but that you are conditioned to notice the manatees more.  

OP must not get out much.  They are EVERYWHERE.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 10:11:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Do you not leave the house often? There are fat guys everywhere.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 10:12:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm just glad that the ADA required my local gun show to widen the aisles.  We used to get a lot of traffic jams on people riding around on scooters.

American Dental Association?
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 10:15:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Free of charge, from giacutter:  your own handy-dandy General Discussion Hate Thread (TM)
Just fill in the blanks, and feel better as the hate flows!

I really fucking hate _________ people.  Those fucking __________ have no reason to live.  

Those ____________  really fucking annoy me.  I would be happy if it weren't for all those __________.

I LOLed.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 10:16:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Don't really see this at my local range, mainly a basic cross section of the population. Same goes for gun shows, though I haven't been to one in a couple years.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 10:26:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Sorry to have to be the one to say it, but,  You're there, bro.  

It's very hard to view oneself with any kind of balanced perspective.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 10:47:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Guns fit a sedentary/disabled lifestyle.  You see lots of fat guys, just like you see a lot of old guys.  It's where they choose to spend their money.  So be it...

Where it gets comical is when the same heavy guys go full throttle into self defense or preparatory combat shooting.   Some of these characters discuss shaving time off draws or other maneuvers under the guise of 'it can save your life'.  This however is inconsistent with the type II diabetes that is being poorly treated.  A little introspection is needed here...

I enjoy reading the posts about where an individual is working his ass off and dropping large quantities of fat.  Face it, our bodies are tuned for famine rather than feast, and modern life provides a huge calorie feast at little cost.  I look at it this way, I can't fix my ugly mug, but I can keep lean and trim.  It will likely add 20 years of 'real living' to my life.  Of course, if something takes me out early, I'll regret not having gorged on fries and hot fudge sundays.

Nice post, very well written.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice post, very well written.

Only he is wrong. Funny how people see a fat kid who is 40 years away from dying of a Heart attack and they feel outrage. Yet you can see a skinny malnurished and who are you more concerned with?
The Fat kid
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 11:16:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Only he is wrong. Funny how people see a fat kid who is 40 years away from dying of a Heart attack and they feel outrage. Yet you can see a skinny malnurished and who are you more concerned with?
The Fat kid

A skinny kid who eats his vegetables is gonna feel a heck of a lot better than a fat kid that lives off Big Macs.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 11:20:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 11:24:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The Fat kid

The "malnourished" guy probably isn't panting from the effort of writing his post...
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 11:28:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
All the fat people should have their guns taken away by the Gov.  

GD has to be the most judgmental place on earth.
< fat gun show guy? j/k

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 12:00:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I had the misfortune to go to a gun show on Saturday. Putting aside the mediocre overpriced gun selections, would somebody please explain to me why guns seem to attract land Orcas?

I can't count how many times I was jostled by guys who were 300+ pounds and more than a handful were pushing 400 and up. And the blubber and BO seem to go hand in hand, just like a few of those big guys are using canes to get around.

Why does this sport/hobby/interest act like a corpulence magnet? Is there a natural attraction between Hoppes No 9 and adipose?

I do not believe that the expression "land Orcas" represents an appropriate analogy.
Orcas are brutal killing machines. Local pilots have observed them killing brown bears and moose caught swimming between islands.

Orca attacks and kills great white

On the other hand, your comparison may be appropriate.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 12:33:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
runcible did a whole series of macros on this very subject.

Was that the fat people eating shit at the carnival thread? That was great!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 12:47:09 PM EDT
[#37]
I never trust a man without a vice.  I don't mean in his garage or shop.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 12:52:40 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

What's the GD obsession with fat guys

Everybody has to have someone to look down on. GD is only too happy to throw fellow gun owners under the bus. Equal opportunity biggotry.

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 12:54:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What's the GD obsession with fat guys

chubby chasers with repressed homoerotic tendencies.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 12:56:59 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm right between 350 and 400 and I'll say this (and no, I don't give a fuck).

Guns ensure that I'll probably never have to run after you, and make it less likely that I'll have to run away from you.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
What you saw was a cross-section of America.  Go ride a bus someday or actually hide down at the end of the row in wal-mart and take a look at the people who walk by.

I have done this.
People watching is one of my favorite past times.
If I get held up in an airport or some other transportation hub I find a seat with a good view and watch people go by.
After all of this I have come to the conclusion that there are many types of people in this world and most of them are ugly.

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 1:06:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The past three visits I've made to my favorite gun shop (I go in, on average, around once a month), there has been the same land whale sitting on a bench inside the shop near the entrance.

He just sits there, occupying space - a LOT of space.

I imagine the statistical odds of me seeing him sitting there in that same spot on three separate trips (and I don't always go at the same time, or even on the same day) are very small, UNLESS he spends a shit
ton of time sitting there.

I know the owners, and AFAIK he has no connection to them.

The staff just seems to go about their business, paying him no mind, as if he were a mascot of sorts.

Very curious, that.

I worked in a gunshop in Florida for awhile. We always had some folks who hung out. Usually retired fellows and LEO's. It's all good.
There is a gunshop/range up the road owned and operated by a family of corpulent human beans. Never seen em' without a sandwich. Coincidence? I think not.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't think it has anything to do with the gun community and everything to do with the state of America as a whole.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 1:19:29 PM EDT
[#44]
I bet percentage-wise, more of the people there were of relatively healthy weight, but you chose to focus on the fat guys.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 1:20:50 PM EDT
[#45]
here is a open call out to the arfcommer at the local gun shows
hey you on the scooter in the overalls and beard. every local gun show you are there
im 1 out of 400+ people... every single gun show you run into me with your scooter. not by accident because once you pinned me between your rascal and a table

not once have you said a word letting me know your general state of mind. I know it cant be sympathetic because not once have you said sorry to anybody
your an asshole. everybody hates you. I know this because I see you running through the aisle like a bowling ball in some demented game of bowling for fellow gun owners

ohh and you have excellent taste in vintage/antiques your throttle control seems to get pretty shakey around anything that you wish to look at.
if you have ever been at a gun show from Houston to Lake Charles
share your story im sure you have been ran over just the same
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 1:21:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I bet percentage-wise, more of the people there were of relatively healthy weight, but you chose to focus on the fat guys.

Because it was the fat guys rubbing sweaty arms and midsections against me.  The normals dont have that issue.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it was the fat guys rubbing sweaty arms and midsections against me.  The normals dont have that issue.

... Yeah that may leave an impression. I still submit that there were probably a lot more "normal" weight people to orca whales than you are remembering.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 3:31:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/24/2012 3:53:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 4:08:16 PM EDT
[#50]
inside every fat person is a skinny person....

regretting getting between the fat person and the desert table at the buffet
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top