Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 9/4/2012 6:48:30 AM EDT
Went dancing Friday night with a girl I used to work with.  Ended up on the couch at her house until 4am.  Things went really well IMO, then I sent her two messages Sunday and she never replied.  WTF did I do wrong ARFCOM?

I'm thinking I'll give her a call tonight or tomorrow to see if she wants to get lunch or something.

ETA:  NO pics.  You'll just have to take my word that she's gorgeous.

And we're both 20 if that helps.

DISCLAIMER:  No, I don't really come to arfcom for girl advice.  I'm just bored between classes and don't have anything better to do.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:49:39 AM EDT
[#1]
In and keep calling her every hour on the hour.

Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:50:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't be clingy. Nobody likes clingy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:50:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Girls are confusing? You don't say!
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:50:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:51:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In.

Haha good ol arfcom girl advice threads.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:51:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Made the couch,       FRIEND ZONE!
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:51:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

^This + your avatar =
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:51:20 AM EDT
[#8]
water is wet
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:51:23 AM EDT
[#9]
So you got to her place (presumably banged) and now she's nowhere to be found?

You win, dude.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:51:43 AM EDT
[#10]
If she didn't answer two messages I wouldn't bother even trying to call, but that's just me.  If she was the slightest bit interested she would put in the effort to answer a text message.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:52:04 AM EDT
[#11]
You're not supposed to call her back dude.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:52:21 AM EDT
[#12]
You gotta put out sometimes op.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:52:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Went dancing Friday night with a girl I used to work with.  Ended up on the couch at her house until 4am.  Things went really well IMO, then I sent her two messages Sunday and she never replied.  WTF did I do wrong ARFCOM?

I'm thinking I'll give her a call tonight or tomorrow to see if she wants to get lunch or something.

This is Tuesday.  What did you do Monday?

Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:53:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing involving her.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:53:20 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

This, and don't be desperate.  

She probably has a boyfriend and is busy calculating where to put you on the ladder.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:53:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

This, and don't be desperate.  

She probably has a boyfriend and is busy calculating where to put you on the ladder.  

She's single.

ETA:  We had already talked about going to a concert Thursday night.  I think I'll wait till tomorrow and give her a call to see if we're still on.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:53:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Don't make contact again.  If she's interested she'll call/text you.

As others have said...if you continue to pursue it makes you look desperate.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:54:45 AM EDT
[#18]
this is a clear sign she wants you to sneak in through her bedroom window at 3am wearing a ski mask.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:56:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Maybe out with friends, hanging with family over the holiday weekend, etc...

Just in case you should leave six or seven more messages...and some voicemail.....and get 1800Flowers ready to go......
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:56:22 AM EDT
[#20]
It was clearly a one shot deal and you blew it buddy...Should've went in for the kill that morning and got what was to be given cause that boat has sailed.......
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:57:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I wouldn't call her.  I would completely ignore her.  If she has any interest she will return your texts or contact you.  Hopefully you didn't get all crazy with the texts you already sent her.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:57:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
this is a clear sign she wants you to sneak in through her bedroom window at 3am wearing a ski mask.

It's how I met my third wife.

Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:57:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Act like it never happened. Either you'll spare yourself the embarassment of being called a clingy stalker, or it will turn her into one trying o figure out why you didn't call her anymore, or both. Chances are she was bored, wanted sex, and you were there, but she's not interested in dating. Like I said, act like nothing happened.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:58:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Maybe her mom and dad grounded her and took away her phone.

Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:58:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

If you sent her two messages already the ball is in her court (although that was one message too many).
Appear too eager and she will ignore you. Act only mildly interested.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:59:13 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Maybe her mom and dad grounded her and took away her phone.

Or she's working a late shift at Home Depot.

Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:59:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So you got to her place (presumably banged) and now she's nowhere to be found?

You win, dude.

Alibi thread?
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:59:30 AM EDT
[#28]
"Treat a hot girl like dirt, and she'll stick to you like mud". -Slackers

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 7:00:06 AM EDT
[#29]
This is not the ladyboy thread I was expecting.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 7:00:06 AM EDT
[#30]
You texted the next day.

Isn't there like a 3 day waiting period or something?
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 7:01:47 AM EDT
[#31]
See sig line.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 7:02:05 AM EDT
[#32]
If your messages did not consist of a detailed description of how and where you would like to violate her body and principles, that's what you did wrong.

Adjust and fire for effect.

*ETA*
Include cock shots. Chicks love cock shots.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 7:02:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Maybe your texts are getting lost in the matrix?

Carve your name and # into her car. Also ask her about the Thurs. concert in the same manner.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 7:03:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This is not the ladyboy thread I was expecting.

We're only on the first page....give it time!
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 7:03:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's how I met my third wife.

That's hot.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 7:05:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Desperation is a stinky cologne.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 7:06:28 AM EDT
[#37]
I guess maybe I am the only one that sees the problem with starting out with someone the way you did.  Maybe I'm just old fashioned though.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 7:07:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I realize that, but I sure didn't think I made myself seem desperate.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 7:08:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

yup
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 7:08:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I guess maybe I am the only one that sees the problem with starting out with someone the way you did.  Maybe I'm just old fashioned though.

We actually didn't have sex if that's what you mean. I'm old fashioned too.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 7:08:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That's why I don't wear cologne...
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 7:10:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well there is your problem! She wanted to have sex and you didn't. Now she thinks you're gay.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 7:10:30 AM EDT
[#43]
So did you actually hit it Friday night or just get her all worked up on the couche and leave her feeling frustrated?  If you hit it, then your performance might not be up to par.  If you didn't, she is probably kicking her self for wasting so many hours with a guy that doesn't have the balls to make a move.  It's a fluid situation, you have to read it right and respond accordingly.  Clearly you did not do this.  Your best bet is to consider everything with her over, don't think about her any more, and don't message her.  Let her contact you or Wednesday of next week contact her and tell her you would like to see her again.

ETA. The answer was posted as I was typing the question.  I'm would bet the lack of sex is the problem.  Unless she is an uptight religious girl, she most likely spent that much time on the couch with you hoping to get laid.  Most the girls I've dated this year are 19 to 23 years old and I can tell you they all want it as much as guys do.  Old fashioned = stick in the mud = friend zone.  I know because I spent most of my 20's that way.    Now that I'm 36 I'm making up for it.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 7:10:49 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Hoppes #9 covers that right up.

Link Posted: 9/4/2012 7:11:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing involving her.

Good.  Keep doing that until you hear from her.

Link Posted: 9/4/2012 7:12:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clearly she wanted you to take her, and you didn't. That's why she hasn't returned your texts.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 7:12:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

By old fashioned, you mean in the way that you sent her two messages?  Not one of them new-fangled phone calls?
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 7:13:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Don't sweat it, man. Occupy your time and thoughts with other matters. If you hear back from her, you're probably good. If not, move on.

Link Posted: 9/4/2012 7:14:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Text messages? This is how relationships work these days?  

I got no chance.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 7:15:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Don't sweat it, man. Occupy your time and thoughts with other matters. If you hear back from her, you're probably good. If not, move on.

Yeah there are only about 30,000 college aged girls in this town. . I'll survive.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top