Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2012 3:32:45 PM EDT
It's hard to watch. Turned the Redskins game on instead. They suck a degree less.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 3:33:45 PM EDT
[#1]
stick with it, its getting better.

and WFAG about the Redskins???????????
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 3:33:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate Ron Paul, don't have a nice thing to say about Mr. Fancy Shoes, but his son is giving a great speech.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 3:34:00 PM EDT
[#3]
But his first name is 'Rand' and his last name is 'Paul', how cool is that?
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 3:34:21 PM EDT
[#4]
nothing wrong with Ron, its his moron followers who piss me off.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 3:35:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok I tuned back in to Rand. Hope it improves.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#6]
"between chin and bellybutton"......... who wrote that shit for him?
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 3:41:26 PM EDT
[#7]
He's a tool.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 3:41:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

That's what I hate most about politicians.  None of them write their own shit.  Don't any of them have thoughts of their own?  Are any of them even the slightest bit eloquent?

Link Posted: 8/29/2012 3:50:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what I hate most about politicians.  None of them write their own shit.  Don't any of them have thoughts of their own?  Are any of them even the slightest bit eloquent?  

Trust me when I tell you, you don't want your candidates writing their own speeches... /shudder
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 3:51:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/29/2012 3:52:28 PM EDT
[#12]
What I wonder is if any of their writers have any eloquence. I listen to JFK speeches and marvel at the eloquence, it's like night and day compared to this generation of politicians.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/29/2012 3:56:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What I wonder is if any of their writers have any eloquence. I listen to JFK speeches and marvel at the eloquence, it's like night and day compared to this generation of politicians.
Quoted:

Quoted:

The challenge for a speech writer is working with the candidate's ability to deliver the speech. You don't write Shakespeare for Stuttering John. JFK was a gifted orator who could deliver those speeches. Gifted orators are few and far between these days. Depressing.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 3:58:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I would say when their teleprompters were working, both Bill and Obama could read very well.

Link Posted: 8/29/2012 4:01:56 PM EDT
[#15]
They lack that vision thing.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 4:04:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

yeah Ron Paul is great. Loves the wikileaks bastards, constantly bitching about government control while putting shit in bills that force the rest of the country to pay for his pet projects and voting against those bills so that he can still claim a perfect voting record.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#17]
LOL at not even making it past the first page before Ron Paul hijacks a Rand Paul thread.

Link Posted: 8/29/2012 5:33:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Oh yes yes yes... Those Paul characters... Not very good speakers.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 5:34:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Trust me when I tell you, you don't want your candidates writing their own speeches... /shudder

Christie wrote hos own last night...
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Nothing wrong with Wrong Paul,other than being an anti-Semitic nutbar and crazy uncle in the attic.

Link Posted: 8/29/2012 5:40:05 PM EDT
[#21]
I wish Rand the best,  it's too bad his old man is such kook.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It was OK, better than most candidates. I wrote speeches for a couple governors, corporate CEOs, members of Congress, etc. Every one of them thought they were gifted writers and orators. Usually had to let them fall on their faces once or twice before they learned to listen. Speech writing is not like writing prose. Writing for the ear and writing for the eye couldn't be more different.

Huckabee is speaking now, not sure if he wrote his remarks or not. If it wasn't him, whomever wrote his speech knows his delivery style and crafted it well. Part of it is Huckabee is a good entertainer that knows how to read an audience and morph to it, part of it is timing, cadence, and inflection.

The best speech in the world will sound like shit if not delivered by the right person, and the best orator can only do o muchif asked to deliver tripe. Most people overestimate their ability to deliver a speech, and worse, too many think they can go off script and ad lib. I always loved showing a client h video after they went off the reservation. The visible cringe is bust a gut laugh worthy.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 6:56:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It was OK, better than most candidates. I wrote speeches for a couple governors, corporate CEOs, members of Congress, etc. Every one of them thought they were gifted writers and orators. Usually had to let them fall on their faces once or twice before they learned to listen. Speech writing is not like writing prose. Writing for the ear and writing for the eye couldn't be more different.

Huckabee is speaking now, not sure if he wrote his remarks or not. If it wasn't him, whomever wrote his speech knows his delivery style and crafted it well. Part of it is Huckabee is a good entertainer that knows how to read an audience and morph to it, part of it is timing, cadence, and inflection.

The best speech in the world will sound like shit if not delivered by the right person, and the best orator can only do o muchif asked to deliver tripe. Most people overestimate their ability to deliver a speech, and worse, too many think they can go off script and ad lib. I always loved showing a client h video after they went off the reservation. The visible cringe is bust a gut laugh worthy.

Church sermons every week for thirty years should get you somewhere.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 7:02:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Church sermons every week for thirty years should get you somewhere.

Excellent observation!
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 8:26:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing wrong with Wrong Paul,other than being an anti-Semitic nutbar and crazy uncle in the attic.

No wonder the best we can get is romney/ryan.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 8:30:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Rand Paul was and will be the only speaker that actually gets it.

Some prefer slick politicians instead I guess.
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Rand Paul was and will be the only speaker that actually gets it.

Some prefer slick politicians instead I guess.

My parents were fawning over many of the speakers today, but they don't really care much for Rand Paul.  They look at politicians too superficially.  I think that is the norm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top