Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 8/17/2012 10:57:02 PM EDT
Takes place in Grand Forks ND

OC is legal here and to my friends credit, he isn't flamboyant about it and its usually partially concealed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayb80Rf1L04

Someone will have to embed for me, im on my phone so I cant.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 10:58:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 10:58:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:03:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Khaki guy with the drop leg was waiting for your friend to do something stupid. You can tell he wanted to get it on.

Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:04:40 PM EDT
[#4]
You know how I can tell these guys are full of shit?  Officers thought this guy was such a danger that they had to bring their shotgun out, yet turns his back on the guy within the first 45sec of contact.

I guess the tactical turn-around is tier 1.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:08:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like dude with the shotgun is just trying to be cool or maybe even uncomfortable with the shotgun (or maybe realizes he looks like a dumb ass for bringing it). He walks into frame nonchalantly and maintains no "threat" situational awareness, reason for my dumbass comment.

ETA: Yup
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:09:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Khaki guy with the drop leg was waiting for your friend to do something stupid. You can tell he wanted to get it on.  

I noticed that as well. What a shit bag. He's got the fo tactical pants, some stupid shit attached to his leg, and some danner boots.... Looks like he trying real hard to be pretend military he needs to chill the fuck out. I'm glad he handled that dangerous roller blader like a fucken man though....

Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:09:58 PM EDT
[#7]
They didn't stop him for his gun, they stopped him for wearing inline skates with brakes on them. How old is he, 2?

[Josh'n of course!]
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:10:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry but ITS for the Children excuse is lame. I should care that I am offending others or "scaring them".  LEO did not know it was an Open carry state?  Freaking Captain Khakis wants to throw down so bad.  Simmer down fellas it will be ok...pro second amendment.....ha
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:12:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Yes you have rights, no it's not a good idea to exercise them is one of the things that I'm getting from this. That and the fact that at least khaki cop wanted to shoot your buddy, the other 2 were just being dicks.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:12:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Khaki guy wanted to GO HAM!.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:15:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yes you have rights, no it's not a good idea to exercise them is one of the things that I'm getting from this. That and the fact that at least khaki cop wanted to shoot your buddy, the other 2 were just being dicks.

Seems like a standard response to the "its unusual and you should conceal for the children" line would be "well if more people did it, it wouldn't be so unusual".  Conceal vs. OC debate aside.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:15:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Funny how I keep hearing "I'm more pro-2nd Amendment than anyone" from cops who stop people for OCing.

Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:16:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm kinda meh about the video.  It doesn't really seem like anyone is acting out of line, except the police presence might have been

I understand that people who open carry are supporting our rights but I'd never consider open carrying myself and don't think it's a good idea as a ccw holder.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:18:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Funny how I keep hearing "I'm more pro-2nd Amendment than anyone" from cops who stop people for OCing.

To be fair, they're caught between this guy trying to protect himself while trying to keep peace with those who don't want him to.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:20:32 PM EDT
[#15]
"It's illegal to open carry" to "here is your gun back, have a nice day".  I get sick of these clowns trying to lie to the unknowing but if you can carry concealed you are less likely to ever have the interaction.  Since it was filmed it is clear the individual was wanting to get stopped.

Michigan is an open carry state and a shall issue state.  I was told by the local under-sheriff wanna-be hard ass that if anyone complained that a permit holder was armed because their weapon was visible that he would confiscate their firearm and concealed carry permit and they might get them back but only if he was ordered to return them by the county judge.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:21:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I watched on my phone at work so I couldn't hear much of the audio so correct me if I'm wrong.
But aside khaki guy and the cop not knowing it was an OC state that seemed to go ok.

Cops get "guy with a gun"  call they check it out and 7 minutes later guy skates off.

And no I'm certainly not a cop apologist guy or anti open carry.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:23:36 PM EDT
[#17]
So did this guy have like a helmet a go pro and a fanny pack roller blading open carrying? Knee pads and elbow pads?  Because that's how I'm picturing this.

I'd probably call the cops too
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:23:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
"It's illegal to open carry" to "here is your gun back, have a nice day".  I get sick of these clowns trying to lie to the unknowing but if you can carry concealed you are less likely to ever have the interaction.  Since it was filmed it is clear the individual was wanting to get stopped.

Michigan is an open carry state and a shall issue state.  I was told by the local under-sheriff wanna-be hard ass that if anyone complained that a permit holder was armed because their weapon was visible that he would confiscate their firearm and concealed carry permit and they might get them back but only if he was ordered to return them by the county judge.

Nowadays, it would be stupid NOT to film.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:25:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

too True

Is anyone else noticing how commone these types of videos are becoming on youtube?

On one hand I'm happy to see more people exercising their rights, on the other it really shows you that we are indeed already in a police state no matter how many try to deny it.

I like how he opene dup with "this is not an OC state".

This pretty much goes along with several of my LE encounters in Texas when I was legally carrying in my vehicle before I go tmy CHL.

"What on Earth are you doing with a FIREARM boy"

"That is illegal, I'm taking this right now"
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:25:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems like a standard response to the "its unusual and you should conceal for the children" line would be "well if more people did it, it wouldn't be so unusual".  Conceal vs. OC debate aside.

People should have never stopped OC'ing in the first place, they have rights they're not even aware of. That's the sad part, they just don't know. Instead of educating the people, the MSM is more content scaring them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:26:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You know how I can tell these guys are full of shit?  Officers thought this guy was such a danger that they had to bring their shotgun out, yet turns his back on the guy within the first 45sec of contact.

I guess the tactical turn-around is tier 1.

Probably realized real quick the call was some bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:26:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I'm kinda meh about the video.  It doesn't really seem like anyone is acting out of line, except the police presence might have been

I understand that people who open carry are supporting our rights but I'd never consider open carrying myself and don't think it's a good idea as a ccw holder.

This is not a police state. You should not be stopped and asked for your papers if you have not broken any laws.

when I was stopped by GFPD, cop noticed the barrel sticking out under my jacket, he asked for my CCW, saw it and told me to have a good day.

you dont need a permit to OC in ND,  in fact, you can OC at 18 in ND and its spelled out in state law. Just has to be during daylight and unloaded.

There is no reason he should have been stopped.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:26:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Unlawful search/seizure.

Textbook.

Detained without committing a crime, absent even RAS for a terry stop. A complaint of lawful behavior is not enough to detain someone, and neither is a complaint about potential unlawful behavior, unless there are other facts to corroborate it, EVEN when dealing with a report of an unlawfully carried firearm. (Florida Vs. JL), Further stated that there is no '4th amendment exemption for firearms'.... The state was saying that it MUST have the power to stop people that are accused of having firearms under the community caretaking provisions, however the courts REFUSED to grant an exemption to the 4th based solely on the accused possession of a firearm. Ruled stop was unconstitutional.

Officers unlawfully removed firearm from him.

Officers conducted a speculative criminal investigation by running the serial number 'to make sure it's not stolen', no doubt.

So.

Illegal stop
Illegal seizure
Illegal search

They're on a roll!
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:27:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be fair, they're caught between this guy trying to protect himself while trying to keep peace with those who don't want him to.

Excuses, excuses.

With the way they were acting, the firepower being displayed, Mr. Khaki Drop-leg Chuck Norris wannabe ready to go ham on him, cops who don't know the most basic  carry laws of their own state, and the usual apologist lines being tossed around by "Pro-2nd Amendment" cops, I'd say in this case they didn't give a fuck about either of those two concerns.

Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:29:27 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

He records everything, including a dash cam in his truck. It got him out of a ticket and proved he wasnt at fault in a car accident a while back.  With cameras so cheap, and so much he said she said, why not videotape everything?

Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:31:16 PM EDT
[#26]
These retards probably all have usernames here
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:34:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Sounds like your local douche/sheriff needs to get lawyer fucked.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:34:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Is it just me, or do you get uncomfortable at the thought of someone you don't know or like, especially in an authority position, handling your personal firearm?  On this video he just looked like he wanted to get a chance to play with somebody's gun.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:35:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

He records everything, including a dash cam in his truck. It got him out of a ticket and proved he wasnt at fault in a car accident a while back.  With cameras so cheap, and so much he said she said, why not videotape everything?  

Was that camera mounted to his skates?  I've heard of police arresting people with cameras mounted to their shoes.  Something like lewd behavior because they are able to film up under dresses.

Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:36:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nowadays, it would be stupid NOT to film.

I have a voice recorder app on my phone for just this reason. If I'm ever stopped, I want to have some sort of documentation of what went on.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:39:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like your local douche/sheriff needs to get lawyer fucked.

Yeah, the county prosecutor was in the room.  They make everyone who is getting a CPL issued each month come in all at once and sit through his spiel.  I was going to bring up open carry is legal but I hadn't had my CPL handed to me yet and mine was a special one with no state restrictions that would restrict me from areas others aren't allowed to carry in so I bit my tongue and kept my mouth shut.

Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:42:32 PM EDT
[#32]
It scares folks when you open carry. Not my fucking problem, here's the number to the local Psychologist referr them to him if they feel the need to pee their panties at the sight of a firearm. Am I free to go, am I under arrest, what are the charges.

Fuck Off.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:43:32 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

but the carrier wasnt making things unpeaceful..  keeping the peace means that, not showing up everytime some soccermomskank gets her panties twisted because of a piece of metal.

Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:46:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Is it just me, or do you get uncomfortable at the thought of someone you don't know or like, especially in an authority position, handling your personal firearm?  On this video he just looked like he wanted to get a chance to play with somebody's gun.

When I was detained for OC, I had an officer clear my G17 (Officers were issued G22s, BTW), he racked the slide, then removed the magazine. I'll say again. 1. Rack slide, 2. Eject magazine. The look on the face of the female officer as she was handed the weapon, then PROPERLY cleared it, was priceless.... I've never seen a cop give another cop the 'You #(%& retard!' look until then, and the face of the officer as a live round came out of the chamber was classic. Of course, moments prior, I was trying to tell the guy that it was still loaded, and he just told me to be quiet because he handles guns for a living.

Did I mention I have it all on audio?

Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:51:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck those that dont't want him to.  Who are they to take his or anyone else's rights from them?
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:54:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I was detained for OC, I had an officer clear my G17 (Officers were issued G22s, BTW), he racked the slide, then removed the magazine. I'll say again. 1. Rack slide, 2. Eject magazine. The look on the face of the female officer as she was handed the weapon, then PROPERLY cleared it, was priceless.... I've never seen a cop give another cop the 'You #(%& retard!' look until then, and the face of the officer as a live round came out of the chamber was classic. Of course, moments prior, I was trying to tell the guy that it was still loaded, and he just told me to be quiet because he handles guns for a living.

Did I mention I have it all on audio?

Exactly. Its too easy to fuck up when you're not paying attention. Would this guy in the op be within his rights to refuse seizure of his weapon?
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:56:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That's what I thought when I saw him take an old West gunfighter stance.  Wyatt Earp indeed.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:57:01 PM EDT
[#38]
That was ridiculous
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:57:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:

sad but true and a good way to CYA just in case
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:58:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck those that dont't want him to.  Who are they to take his or anyone else's rights from them?

I was speaking from the cops position. He had to respond to the call and say something to justify his stop.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:58:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Khaki guy wanted to GO HAM!.

Bolded it for you, man get with the times, GO HAM DEMANDS BOLD!!!1 Yo?
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:59:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

People should have never stopped OC'ing in the first place, they have rights they're not even aware of. That's the sad part, they just don't know. Instead of educating the people, the MSM is more content scaring them.

I read somewhere that back in the old days it was considered that only scoundrels and villains had a reason to conceal a weapon.
Link Posted: 8/17/2012 11:59:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Shotgun cop saw that it was bullshit right off the bat and just kind of hung out until he could go do something more important.

Khaki cop wants to get his first confirmed kill.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 12:04:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Shotgun cop saw that it was bullshit right off the bat and just kind of hung out until he could go do something more important.
Khaki cop wants to get his first confirmed kill.

All that training is wasted if you don't get to use it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 12:08:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read somewhere that back in the old days it was considered that only scoundrels and villains had a reason to conceal a weapon.

People in 'the old days' had some pretty fucking stupid ideas. Someone concealing has no intention of using it unless they need to. If someone has an intention of using a gun, why the fuck would they bother concealing it? Do mass shooters need to conceal their guns?
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 12:14:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

People in 'the old days' had some pretty fucking stupid ideas. Someone concealing has no intention of using it unless they need to. If someone has an intention of using a gun, why the fuck would they bother concealing it? Do mass shooters need to conceal their guns?

The villian quote meant that those with nothing to hide aren't afraid to open carry, vs those who do have something to hide and need to get from point a to point b without others knowing they're armed and are intent on using it. That's why the Colorado shooter had to keep his guns in his car, why the columbine kids hid theirs in trench coats, why Boothe  kept his in his pocket, etc etc.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 12:18:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Quick question, may or may not have to do with the thread. If a cop hears on the radio that they need to go investigate something, do they have to stop or are they required to follow up?
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 12:19:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Context, man.

It was a different attitude about carrying.  People didn't always think as they do today.  

Of course, you'd have to turn off the cartoon channel and read some books to get the concept.

The point being that a man with honorable intentions had nothing to hide.  

As for concealed carry, except for the few states that allow it without a permit, the permit requirement places a burden on law-abiding citizens while not affecting criminals at all.  There's your modern thinking for you.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 12:25:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Context, man.

It was a different attitude about carrying.  People didn't always think as they do today.  

Of course, you'd have to turn off the cartoon channel and read some books to get the concept.

The point being that a man with honorable intentions had nothing to hide.  

As for concealed carry, except for the few states that allow it without a permit, the permit requirement places a burden on law-abiding citizens while not affecting criminals at all.  There's your modern thinking for you.

I didn't read your post. Too busy watching cartoons.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 12:28:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I didn't read your post. Too busy watching cartoons.

Apology for knee-jerk reaction accepted.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top