Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 3:49:07 PM EDT
[#1]
We ate Chick-fil-A for dinner.

Drive through line wrapped around the building at 5pm, inside was packed, people were parking in the shopping center as all the spots were filled.

They even put some picnic tables outside for more seating.

And through it all, the kids working were all just as polite and helpful as normal, smiling and joking around even with that mass of humanity all wanting food.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 3:50:18 PM EDT
[#2]
When Rahm Emanual and Roseanne Bar get on TV and attack my local mom and pop restaurant, I'll go eat there.

Good job troll.

Isn't there some sort of Olympic medal conspiracy thing you can work on?
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 3:53:07 PM EDT
[#3]
... Hopefully this is a preview of the polling places come November

Vote Mitt Romney for President!

NOBO2012
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 4:04:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This whole Chick Fil A thing is a bullshit marketing ploy.  Congrats sheep, you are lining the pockets of the uber rich.  Its pretty pathetic if you ask me, if you really want to do some good, go support your local mom and pop restaurant that is owned by Christians or whatever, I am sure they would kill to have the lines that Chick Fil A has.  

When the mayors of Boston and Chicago (and I don't know how many celebrities) talk shit about by favorite haunts, like Paninis Bar and Grill, Melt Bar & Grilled, Tommy's, or Swenson's, my ass will be waiting in line with the rest of NE Ohio.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 4:13:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
One of the guys who works for me just popped in my office and said "We're ordering from Chick-Fil-A today, want anything?"

I like my team.

Why do I always end up with the liberal idiots from the West Coast and upper mid west???  Fuck....
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 4:17:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

This whole Chick Fil A thing is a bullshit marketing ploy.  Congrats sheep, you are lining the pockets of the uber rich.  Its pretty pathetic if you ask me, if you really want to do some good, go support your local mom and pop restaurant that is owned by Christians or whatever, I am sure they would kill to have the lines that Chick Fil A has.  

LMAO. Yeah those Democrat politicians who are prohibiting CFA from coming to their States and Cites are in cahoots with CFA.

If I start smoking weed, I want your dealers #
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 4:19:33 PM EDT
[#7]

LOL

went for dinner

fire marshall busted in and tried to say too many people were inside

crowd started yelling, whistling, clapping

FM tried to start a line outside

no joy

we waited about 30 min from order placed to order received

best wait for a meal evah

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 4:19:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I went to Chick-Fil-a twice today. First for lunch at the mall and then a milkshake at a stand alone. I went through the drive-thru and was greeted with "Welcome to Chick-Fil-A, we only have nuggets left."

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Stood in line for 25 minutes to get lunch.

Then went and stood in line for about an hour for dinner.

Managers said it had been like that since they opened and they called in every employee that could get to work.

Today was a good day. Gave me a great feeling that maybe not all people suck, to see this many people stop what they are doing, park a block away and stand in line for some chicken, good chicken but fast food is just amazing. Everyone was so nice, there was even a couple guys open carrying I was so afraid I would be shot I had mine concealed. It's amazing, such a large group of people, some with guns, how come no one got shot? How come no one got into a fight? How come everyone was so damn nice? Something wierd is going on.

A giant to all those that participated today
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 4:27:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Easily over 100 cars I would say at the one near my house.   If it wasn't for working a double today, I would have been more than pleased to wait in it (or wait for a spot to park to go inside to order).

I'll make up for it tomorrow morning if they get a delivery of chikin' in time for the continued support.  

/It's a free speech issue for me.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 4:33:16 PM EDT
[#11]
The family picked me up some Chik-fil-a today when they ate there ate lunch.

Today restored my hope for America a little bit. I think the bleeding hearts done fucked up and awoke the sleeping giant that is the Moral Majority. Today, we reminded the left that America still believes in Conservative principles.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 4:36:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Today restored my hope for America a little bit. I think the bleeding hearts done fucked up and awoke the sleeping giant that is the Moral Majority. Today, we reminded the left that America still believes in Conservative principles.

I feel the same way about today.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 4:37:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, those tolerant commies: Martinsburg, WV Chick-Fil-A Bomb Threat

Springfield, VA, was off the hook for lunch with a line down the block and the drive-through clogging traffic. In true Chick-Fil-A fashion, they were impressively efficient and moved people through fast. I can't imagine any other fast food place that could have handled the crowd so well.  And they were just as friendly and helpful as usual.

So inclusive...and understanding...

Ironic, that's home of the ATF NFA office.

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 4:40:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Bought dinner for my family on the way home. Also a bunch from work went there for lunch.  Also it set up the stage for me to rant about free speech  being one sided, and how out of control our tyrannical, nanny, police state government has become.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 4:44:50 PM EDT
[#15]
It is amazing the dedication to the cause especially considering that half of the people showing up today have wild chickens running around their yard that they could catch and eat for free.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#16]
45 minutes from start to finish but it was well worth it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 4:48:27 PM EDT
[#17]
It was backed up today as there was a line out the door.  I'll go later this week or this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 4:51:02 PM EDT
[#18]
At Chick Fil A now with the family. Had to wait about 15 minutes for a table even now at 845pm.

I must say that even after these workers have been run ragged all day, there are nothing but smiles here.

I love Merica'!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 4:56:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Even the one here in Fresno is a madhouse right now. Few hundred people in line outside and the drive through line is backed up about a half mile down the road.
As of right now there are about 12 cops down here trying to direct traffic.
Pretty wild
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I hope everyone is like this on election day.

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 5:05:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Line out the door and into the parking lot, drive-thru wrapped around the building. Lines kept growing as we were eating. I loved it!! Everyone was actually really friendly, people talking with each other in line, being courteous! Was kinda weird!

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#23]
I shared with the dags.......

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Just got back from DC, and met the family at our local Chick-Fil-A for dinner.

Couldn't park in the parking lot because the drive-thru line wrapped around the building, spilling out of their parking lot.  Had to parking in the lot across the road.  Ordering line area was solid people, with the ordering lines spilling back into the dining area.

Saw many people I know eating there, including an old friend open carrying his HK USP45.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
LWRCI owners love some CFA

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 5:43:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Oak park mall location in overland park is packed!!!

Out the door and cars lined up for a long time.

Any members in here with me?
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 5:45:42 PM EDT
[#27]
I went about 6:45 at the one on the North East side (Castleton).  Lots of people.  Took about 45 minutes to get through the line and get my food.  Totally worth it though, was good to see so many young people out in support.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#28]

7:45 PM in the rain!  

Glad I moved back to TN

ETA: We had Ice cream, that's pretty much all that was left on the menu
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#29]
The line of cars at our Chick-fil-a went about 500 yards in both directions.  I took pics to post here, but they look just like all the other ones that were posted.

The funny thing is the super butthurt of the handful of liberals I am friends with.  Their own tactic was turned against them.   I hope this is a sign of what is coming in Nov.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 5:49:39 PM EDT
[#30]
My BIL went to the same CFA for dinner that I went to for lunch.  They had been closed for 2 hours.  Sold out of everything.  No food, napkins, straws, etc.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 5:52:51 PM EDT
[#31]
I couldn't make it today but I understand the KC locations were all packed.  Victory smells like chicken.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#32]
One of our Chick-fil-a ran out of food
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 5:56:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Went to the one in Arlington, VA at 1350 hrs today.

-Long Lines.
-Moved quickly
-A hipster (sexual assignment ws suspect) taking pics while I was in line
-I was in uniform and smiled and waved
-No protesters
-Lots of love for the hate chicken

That is all
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 5:59:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Drove the family through after church this evening.  At 8:15 pm the line was still 20-25 cars deep (the line of people was out the door by at least 50 feet).  They were out of fries and shakes, so I got our sandwiches and sodas then drove through the Wendy's next door for fries and frosties.

That's right, ARFCOM; I got both
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 6:08:44 PM EDT
[#35]
I had a spicy chicken sandwich and lemonade for dinner

The line was incredible. Got in line at about 5:50, got out the door with my food at about 7:15. The manager that was outside keeping drive through traffic from running over the line standers said that it had been a busy but good day. She also mentioned that lots of locations in the South-east had run out of food and shut down already (this was about 6pm mountain time).
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 6:14:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Went in at a quarter to 4pm today.  Didn't get out till after 5pm.  Spent over $20 on food for me, Wife, and 22-month-old.  Worth it!  

Took pics, too.  Will upload and post eventually.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 6:16:44 PM EDT
[#37]
I noticed most people in those pics are white. Therefore according to liberal logic.

Chick Fil A is also RACIST
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 6:17:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Stood in line for 25 minutes to get lunch.

Then went and stood in line for about an hour for dinner.

Managers said it had been like that since they opened and they called in every employee that could get to work.

Today was a good day. Gave me a great feeling that maybe not all people suck, to see this many people stop what they are doing, park a block away and stand in line for some chicken, good chicken but fast food is just amazing. Everyone was so nice, there was even a couple guys open carrying I was so afraid I would be shot I had mine concealed. It's amazing, such a large group of people, some with guns, how come no one got shot? How come no one got into a fight? How come everyone was so damn nice? Something wierd is going on.

A giant to all those that participated today

Love it.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 6:18:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yes, the whole thing is just like the attack on Pearl Harbor, and you're a Marine storming the beaches of Iwo Jima with a chicken club sandwich in one hand and a hand-spun milkshake in the other.

Whatever floats your little fantasy cruise boat, bro.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 6:22:46 PM EDT
[#40]
I think this picture of my 2 year old son playing on the playground at an Central Florida Chic-Fli-A about sums it up. [Notice the line out the door ]
Everyone turned out today to say, it is NOT OK to perverse marriage.
In these crazy times, people need family, marriage is the glue which holds a moral society together.
It is not to be trifled with or attacked by biological/mentally ill deviants!
Thank you to everyone who sent this message today!!

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I think this picture of my 2 year old son playing on the playground at an Apopka Chic-Fli-A about sums it up. [Notice the line out the door ]
Everyone turned out today to say, it is NOT OK to perverse marriage.
In these crazy times, people need family, marriage is the glue which holds a moral society together.
Thank you to everyone who sent this message today!!

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa170/jfaulk79/Jett.jpg

I thought it was about freedom of speech, not gay marriage?
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 6:36:50 PM EDT
[#42]
It is a lot of things.
Freedom of speech is definitely at play here.
How about the bigotry and intolerance toward Christan beliefs.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 6:38:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It is a lot of things.
Freedom of speech is definably at play here.
How about the bigotry and intolerance toward Christan beliefs.

You're the one calling people like my sister perverse and mentally ill. Guess that pendulum has a versatile swing, huh?
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 6:38:27 PM EDT
[#44]
NPR today: "CFA's are certainly busy today, but it's unclear if business was up..."  Riiiiiiight.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Just got home from a shift on the ambulance, both Fayetteville Ga. locations were absolutely packed this AM, got my usual breakfast "one of their awesome chicken biscuits" and at 9PM this evening "after my shift" I wanted to get a chicken sandwich on the way home.

Tried the south Fayetteville Ga. location, I would have to park in a neighboring business if I could possibly find a spot, to simply walk in and make order.

Wasn't happening, so I went north to the fayetteville Dwarf House, at least 80 vehicles in the dual drive thru's and again, you could not get into the parking lot, the large shopping center behind it was used as alternate parking and there were tons of vehicles there.

They even set up a blood bank bus and the firemen from the City of Fayetteville were there eating and enjoying the atmosphere.

I eventually drove north to the hood "Riverdale in Clayton County" to find there location to be packed but manegeable and only about 25 vehicles in the drive through, sandwiches were as always, awesome!

Yup......this is really hurting them.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
NPR today: "CFA's are certainly busy today, but it's unclear if business was up..."  Riiiiiiight.

HA! None of the local media could even ignore this. NPR is just plain sad, not sure if business was up?! I am willing to bet that the CFA I went to today (TWICE) made more money today than they do in a month. Based on the never ending lines that went out both doors and a drive thru line that never seemed to get smaller and every employee that is employed there was on duty.....yeah business isn't up. Bunch of losers.

I'm tempted to go back tomorrow or I may wait for  Friday
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Stopped by after work for a peach shake.  Got there about 3:50 pm.  Drive thru line wrapped around building and out to road.  The LEO directing advised to go inside, so I did.  Had to park in the overflow lot.  There were at least 25 people at the counter, either ordering or waiting for their food.  At least 10 employees behind the counter, and I'm sure many more in the kitchen.

The one down the road from the office has two drive thru lines, so it's usually packed at lunch.  Today, though, the line was backed up down the road at least a mile.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Called between work and the gym.  They sold out before I could get over.  Tragic.  Go CFA.

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Went for dinner.  Long line but well worth it.  My stupid brother-in-law came with us and he smarted off some redneck BS when we saw a couple guys open carrying.  Pissed me off.  However, my chicken sandwich and lemonade fixed my mood.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#50]
8:50 PM and the place is completely packed!  It is a freaking party!!!

Two drive up lanes all the way around the building.

Man this is fun!!!

I think the gay lobby miscalculated this one.

Patrick
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top