Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:20:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So everyone on arf is going to get fat just to be assholes?

No, we're going to get fat to fight the real assholes.
Which side are you on?

I'm all for free speech. I just wonder how much of the support is actually about free speech, and how many people think it's about fighting gay marriage.

I'm on the side of free speech. But I still hate chicken

You are all for free speech but everyone that does not agree with your position on gay marriage is an asshole?

If they are deliberately going for assholism, yes.

I live in Utah, dude. Do you really think anti-gay is a novel thing?
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:20:57 AM EDT
[#2]
update: didnt even get close to the place by 10:30
betting they run out of food before 5pm
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:23:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

No not me.  I was already a fat asshole
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#4]
What day do all the gays show up and kiss n stuff?  That's a great day for Christians to turn out and buy them a lunch or hand out cold water, at least.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:26:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Could someone please explain the significance of today at Chic Fil A, versus other days?

Thanks in advance

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

"support Chick fil a day".....l.not company sponsored.

Thanks

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:26:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I only had to wait in line about 30 minutes, and there were probably 500+ people there. I agree with the other posters that the crowd was patient, polite, and orderly. The condiment stands were in order and there was no trash anywhere. The crowd and employees were in good spirits.

Days like today give me hope for our country.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What day do all the gays show up and kiss n stuff?  That's a great day for Christians to turn out and buy them a lunch or hand out cold water, at least.

This Friday

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:28:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You obviously are unfamiliar with new testament teaching on food.

Conversely, are you mad that Chik fil A is not out promoting stoning adulterers too?

oh! that's right...Old testament doesn't count anymore, right? That's helpful. As for the stoning, didn't realize it was ok to pick and choose which principles to run one's business by.

Abrahamic Law vs. the New Covenant = basic Christian theology.  Duh!  Go Google it if you're curious.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:31:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I only had to wait in line about 30 minutes, and there were probably 500+ people there. I agree with the other posters that the crowd was patient, polite, and orderly. The condiment stands were in order and there was no trash anywhere. The crowd and employees were in good spirits.

Makes you wonder if this was in the ghetto what would have happened?  

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:32:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I made the mistake of trying to combine finding the rescue dogs their home, and going to Chick Fil-A in one. The drive through line was flat out creating a hazard, and the line was around the building. I wasn't going to leave the dogs in a hot vehicle while I got some chicken. I'll just go tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:33:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Traffic jam in Wichita, KS do to lunch crown at Chick-fil-a's....

KWCH story
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:33:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Pretty soon, the political pundits will refer not to Red and Blue states, but Chik-fil-A states and Skittles states.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:33:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which side are you on?

I'm all for free speech. I just wonder how much of the support is actually about free speech, and how many people think it's about fighting gay marriage.

You are all for free speech but everyone that does not agree with your position on gay marriage is an asshole?

Your original quoted statement above says "EVERYONE on Arf is going to get fat just to be assholes."  You made the all inclusive statement not I.  

For the record, and I have stated this in another thread, I don't care what two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home.  I am not for gay marriage but have no problem with civil unions.  Frankly, we have more pressing issues to solve and debate than gay marriage.

Those that disagree with the majority of Americans on this issue do their cause harm by immediately engaging in name calling and suggesting that those individuals that do not agree with them are "haters" or "bigots."  The vast majority of hate and intolerance emanates from liberal and gay activists.  What you are seeing today at Chick-Fil-As across the nation is the majority's response to the liberal hate.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:34:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You obviously are unfamiliar with new testament teaching on food.

Conversely, are you mad that Chik fil A is not out promoting stoning adulterers too?

oh! that's right...Old testament doesn't count anymore, right? That's helpful. As for the stoning, didn't realize it was ok to pick and choose which principles to run one's business by.

If you dont like this subject why dont you go shit in another thread?  We are talking about our support for a restaurant owner and his right s to say whatever the hell he wants.  Personally I think the whole bible is a joke but thats not the point.

funny how that whole free speech thing works, isn't it...I could care less about his opinion, I care more about the millions of $$ going to hate promoting groups..and since he put it out there, I'll comment on it....but yea, i'm out, enjoy your bible chicken and sausage
Its not about hate for me. I actually completely disagree with his stance on gay marriage. What I do support is his right to say what he wants to say, its the first amendment. His personal beliefs should have nothing to do with where he can open his business up. Don't like his stance, don't eat there. What I do know is that that company does more good for people do to his personal Christian beliefs than any other company I know. Check out there scholarship program and the way they conduct business. Its a model for operating businesses like they should/use to be operated.

Quoted:

Quoted:
My child and I ate there for lunch. Here's to the First and Second Amendments

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc156/Sleeper362/DSC_0001-1.jpg

That is great.

I just now realized it sounded like I brought my SBR to Chik Fil A. I bought the CFA home and ate it at home. May go fix that post.

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:34:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

yeah Ive seen all the liberals posting this crap showing (again) their ignorance.

GR

Good - I hope they post it everywhere so we can LOL at their ignorance.  And they're always claiming to the "educated" side.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#16]
They are jam packed in Gainesville, mind you this is a liberal college town with a large gay population and an openly gay mayor. As others have stated, this is more about freedom than it is about gay rights issues. Pictures at the link.

http://www.gainesville.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Dato=20120801&Kategori=MULTIMEDIA0301&Lopenr=801009999&Ref=PH&pl=1

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:36:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which side are you on?

I suspect some folks are misconstruing not agreeing with the whole gay marriage thing as being anti gay, and that's the problem. I for one am opposed to it being referred to as marriage, and fully agree with Bill Clinton when he signed DOMA in '96. Having said that, I have gay friends, and I'm fine with their lifestyle choices, they're not mine, but contrary to many in the LGBT community I'm far more tolerant of them, then they are of my beliefs. As a matter of fact, a friend of the family who is gay, has been with the same partner for damn near close to 20 yrs, they're pissed that this is being made an issue, they're perfectly fine with "civil unions" as long as they have the same rights a married couple would have, and I fully support her and others who don't want to push the whole "marriage" thing. Those who are doing this are those same people who ask me and others to be tolerant, but they're not willing to reciprocate. Many in that community are doing this just to piss people off, and that I have no tolerance for.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:36:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
DONE....

My Hate keeps me warm at night

And my belly full!

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:37:06 AM EDT
[#19]
The lines at ours were so long I couldn't take the time to stay and wait lol.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:37:52 AM EDT
[#20]
My chickfilla mission failed, I had to get back to work, by 12:30 I hadn't been able to acquire a parking spot.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:38:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm totally with you.  Its embarrassing to see people making extra trips to a fast food joint just to make some lame political statement.

HERP DERP LOOK AT ME FEEDING MY FAT FACE IN THE NAME OF FREE SPEECH

Yeah, standing up for the 1st Amendment and the right to have your own opinion without government interference is so lame.

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:40:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Half the line, stops at red truck

Took 47 minutes to get my meal, worth it too
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:40:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The nearest CFA is a little too far for me to go after a midnight shift, so I will show my support by getting chicken at Culver's.

That's good enough in my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:42:11 AM EDT
[#24]
I decided to get some Chick Fil A today for lunch.

I was unable to enter the parking lot

The parking lot was full of cars, and there were lines forming in the street to enter from both directions.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:42:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Got lunch. I was in the drive through line for almost a hour. The line to get inside went from the building to the edge of the parking lot and wrapped around back to the building. There were so many people, they had to park in the Lowe's and Staples parking lots. It was good to see the turnout.

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:44:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Pretty soon, the political pundits will refer not to Red and Blue states, but Chik-fil-A states and Skittles states.

I like it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:44:07 AM EDT
[#27]
You know what else I like that I see in the pictures and I saw with my own eyes. There are black families and families of hispanics eating there too. I really think this country as a whole is tired of the Liberal oppression. I can't wait to see the sales figures for today.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:44:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Traffic jam in Wichita, KS do to lunch crown at Chick-fil-a's....

KWCH story

and of course they had to put their liberal spin on it at the end. saying its because of dan's stance against gay marriage; instead of the violation of the first amendment by gay shitcago mayor.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:48:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Big turnout for Chick-fil-A after stand against gay marriage

LOUISVILLE, KY. (WDRB) –– The call for support from those who agree with Chick-fil-A's stance on gay marriage is being answered at several local restaurants.

Chick-fil-A patrons crowded into the restaurant across from Mall St. Matthews in such numbers that traffic backed up on on Shelbyville Road.  The wait there was said to be about an hour.

The Chick-fil-A in Jefferson Mall also had a considerable backup.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/19169333/big-turnout-for-chic-fil-a-after-stand-against-gay-marriage
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#30]

And another Biblical scholar makes his ignorance apparent...
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:51:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Chick-fil-A Supporters Flood Restaurant
Southern Pines, NC

The local Chick-fil-A was packed with supporters at noon this Wednesday who turned out to show their appreciation for the restaurant's stand against gay marriage.

Traffic was jammed along Highway 15-501 where the restaurant is located, and a line of customers extended far outside the building.

“I’m here to support Chick-fil A,” says Gary Goshel.

http://www.thepilot.com/news/2012/aug/01/chick-fil-supporters-flood-restaurant/
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:53:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Chick-fil-A Supporters Pack Restaurants Not Men's Butts
Morgantown, WV

< okay, maybe I edited the title :) >

In Morgantown, lines of cars spilled onto Patteson Drive, and customers wrapped around the entire dining area inside the restaurant, into the entryway of the restaurant to order.

http://www.wboy.com/story/19169864/chick-fil-a-supporters-pack-restaurants
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:54:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Went today.  HUGE crowd in downtown Salt Lake.  The mallcops had to reroute the line around the mall.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#34]
I couldn't even get near the first Chic Fil-A due to traffic, so I went around south a couple miles to another smaller one.  I was able to merge into the 3rd circle of drive through line, and then squeeze out to park in the back corner of the lot.  In hindsight it would have been quicker for me to just stay in the car and continue the other two circles in.

Inside, the line was zig zagged 3 times across the store - but I was amazed how polite everyone was, directing me to the end of the line since I was the 'lost  newcomer'.  While in line - it looked like some hippies were walking up and setting up to protest with some signs - one of the managers quickly walked out and told them they would have to go to the other side of the parking lot.  Turns out their signs were in support of marriage between a man and woman - and they had some ironic statement about their clothes - to the effect of "you're looking at us cause we're dressed like hippies (now that we have your attention) we support the Bible, marriage is between a male and female."

I made sure to order some extra food, and I thanked all the employees loudly when I left - which the crowd in the store immediately started clapping for to show their support as well.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:55:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm totally with you.  Its embarrassing to see people making extra trips to a fast food joint just to make some lame political statement.

Yeah, standing up for the 1st Amendment and the right to have your own opinion without government interference is so lame.

I saw where some places like Boston and Philadelphia the mayors told chick fil a that they "werent welcome"
im not for or against gay marriage because I simply dont have a dog in that fight
but when somebody stretches their right to the 1st amendment and thats all he does and Mayors tell him his company isnt welcome in their town...yep I got a problem
support him not playing by the "rules" 100%
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:57:48 AM EDT
[#36]

I went yesterday.......

––––

But I did drive by one around 1pm and it was fucking packed!

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:58:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

No we're getting fat to PROTECT our assholes.......
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:58:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw where some places like Boston and Philadelphia the mayors told chick fil a that they "werent welcome"
im not for or against gay marriage because I simply dont have a dog in that fight
but when somebody stretches their right to the 1st amendment and thats all he does and Mayors tell him his company isnt welcome in their town...yep I got a problem
support him not playing by the "rules" 100%

Yep, that's my bitch too.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 10:59:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Really? Another fucking Chik Fil A thread? Can we consolidate these all into one thread so you can all jerk off in one place?

FWIW, I don't give a shit about the politics of the owner, I'm just sick of seeing 4 Chik Fil A threads on the front page everyday.

Fuck, the food isn't even good (though I'll admit the service and cleanliness are outstanding) at the fucking place.

Ha ha, you wasted post 1234.

Meh.

Eating chicken nuggets is a pathetic way to make a point.  We're suffering an obesity epidemic, and what do people do in the midst gay marriage/free speech controversy?  Demonstrate their position by consuming additional amounts of fast food.  Way to go, ARFCOM, show everyone that we're soldiers of the first amendment by eating at fucking Chick-Fil-A.

The whole thing is totally gay

Well, shooting fags will get you a trip to the pen so....given the choice I'll have a Spicy Hate Chicken Sandwich.....
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 11:05:41 AM EDT
[#40]
One here... Food was good as always. A little packed though.

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 11:07:58 AM EDT
[#41]

Notice the number of similar posts from Texas? The shops here in town are OVER RUN today. We're not going to take it anymore. People are fed the fuck up with the leftist agenda.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 11:14:05 AM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 11:17:48 AM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 11:18:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Bomb threat closes chik fil a down in martinsburg.

http://www.journal-news.net/page/content.detail/id/582561/Bomb-threat-called-in-to-Chick-fil-A-in-Martinsburg.html?nav=5006
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 11:20:57 AM EDT
[#45]
What was great is how well the staff was helping everyone get their meal as fast as possible. They had volunteers, everyone in the crowds were patient and helped call out names to speed everyone along as well. They had to shut down orders until they could catch up for a bit due to software issues but still not bad. Everyone was still really friendly
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 11:21:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

So, you're saying OWS wasn't there?

eta:  Some pics from east Colo Springs store 11:30 today.

Had to park this far away.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 11:22:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Had Breakfast there and going back now.

Update: still packed lined up around the building twice.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 11:28:32 AM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 11:32:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Love this.    Happening everywhere.  This is the local mall in Orem, Utah.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 11:35:59 AM EDT
[#50]
The location in my home town reported doing a full day's worth of business between 11-12.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top