BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:09:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So everyone on arf is going to get fat just to be assholes?

I think most of us were already assholes and are just working on getting fatter.

I already AM a fat asshole so...
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:10:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll just leave this here.

I think you guys will look swell in those

Actually, I thought you could use them to contain your...  tolerance.

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:10:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm going as soon as the rain stops

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:11:10 AM EDT
[#4]
#4, no tomato, pepperjack cheese. I'll have a Coke with it and your delicious CFA sauce, please.

That'll be lunch today.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:11:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think most of us were already assholes and are just working on getting fatter.

EXP told me you were a chiseled Turkish sex god.

Now I am disappoint.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:12:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ummmm....Other cities and their mayors are threatening illegal restrictions on a company simply because someone had the nerve to voice their personal values. Since they are threatening to cause financial harm to Chickfilet because of this, those of us that support free speech and\or the owners position are going out of our way to support the company by purchasing their products.

There is no obesity "epidemic". Actually knowing what you are talking about is a good first step to making a successful argument.

Fine, I will retract the obesity epidemic statement.

Now, you show me exactly what these other cities and their mayors are doing that amounts to more than a hill of beans.  I'm want to see more than a bunch of smack talk and verbal threats.  People talk smack and threaten each other all the time.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:14:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll take one today post-sammich.  Maybe you'll see veins along with my abs.

http://prozacblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/mask_jawdrop.png

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:14:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now I am disappoint.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder little one.

Now I don't see your pichers loadin'
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:14:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll take one today post-sammich.  Maybe you'll see veins along with my abs.

http://prozacblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/mask_jawdrop.png

So, how you doin
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:14:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Ate at one about five minutes after it opened this morning.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:14:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Did an S-3 CFA meal run. Left at 1030 to beat the rush and only partially made it! When I got there, there was already a drive-thru line halfway around the bldg and it was a packed house inside (but no line to order). A very pretty but very snotty little girl took our order (big order with changes midstream), got everything right, and gave us a big handful of extral CFA sauce.

Man, I ordered the Spicy Deluxe and, at the recommendation from one of our capts, added bacon...HOLY SHIT!!! Took an already great sandwich to a new plane of deliciousness!!! I think I'll be going back after work and ordering two for dinner.

When we left, the line was ALL the way around the bldg and people were streaming into the store.

I think CFA will be here tomorrow...

This was in Stafford, VA, south of Quantico. No protests apparent.

ETA: Their coleslaw is very very good!  Also, no fatbodies in sight when I went in (and this is a semi-rural area!).
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:15:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now I am disappoint.

I'm a fatass who needs to buy Spanx.

but GunCollector can keep posting
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:16:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now I am disappoint.

I'm a fatass who needs to buy Spanx.

but GunCollector can keep posting

Yeah

About you being a fatass:

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:18:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really? Another fucking Chik Fil A thread? Can we consolidate these all into one thread so you can all jerk off in one place?

FWIW, I don't give a shit about the politics of the owner, I'm just sick of seeing 4 Chik Fil A threads on the front page everyday.

Fuck, the food isn't even good (though I'll admit the service and cleanliness are outstanding) at the fucking place.

I'm totally with you.  Its embarrassing to see people making extra trips to a fast food joint just to make some lame political statement.

HERP DERP LOOK AT ME FEEDING MY FAT FACE IN THE NAME OF FREE SPEECH

Ha ha, you wasted post 1234.

Meh.

Eating chicken nuggets is a pathetic way to make a point.  We're suffering an obesity epidemic, and what do people do in the midst gay marriage/free speech controversy?  Demonstrate their position by consuming additional amounts of fast food.  Way to go, ARFCOM, show everyone that we're soldiers of the first amendment by eating at fucking Chick-Fil-A.

The whole thing is totally gay

Whatever it takes.  I've never been big on Chik-Fil-A myself.  But I'll be participating,  as will my whole family and most people I know.  It's the times we're living in.  You have to stand up and do your part to defend those who share common interests at every opportunity.  It might just be you or something that directly affects you that gets attacked next.  

I'm not trying to bait you into an argument, honestly, but I'm genuinely curious.  Who exactly is "getting attacked" in this particular situation?  Is Chick-Fil-A really under any sort of meaningful threat?  The company is valued at 4.5 billion dollars, and did a shitload of business long before Mr. Cathy's recent comments.  What do they really stand to lose?

Now, if you see this a some sort of broader struggle for religious liberty, do you really think that ordering a chicken sandwich makes a damn bit of difference?  Do you really believe that defending Mr. Cathy serves your interests?  The guy is a freakin' billionaire, and part of him has to be laughing all the way to the bank over this.  You want to stand up for someone and you choose a fast food mogul?  Does anyone else see the alternate message that this sends?

The worth of the company does not matter. If you develop a crack in a dam, you fix it quickly to keep it from spreading. This is no different. If we stand by and let any company, that expresses their values based on biblical principles or contrary to the liberal agenda, be attacked without anyone standing up, then what is to stop them from eventually eliminating free speech all together?

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:19:48 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a great idea for a T-shirt   "I'm gay for Chick-Fil-a"  
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:25:50 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ummmm....Other cities and their mayors are threatening illegal restrictions on a company simply because someone had the nerve to voice their personal values. Since they are threatening to cause financial harm to Chickfilet because of this, those of us that support free speech and\or the owners position are going out of our way to support the company by purchasing their products.

There is no obesity "epidemic". Actually knowing what you are talking about is a good first step to making a successful argument.

Now, you show me exactly what these other cities and their mayors are doing that amounts to more than a hill of beans.  I'm want to see more than a bunch of smack talk and verbal threats.  People talk smack and threaten each other all the time.

So if you are going to open a business in, say....Shitcago, and the Mayor decides to attack your company on a national stage, stating they are going to keep you from opening your business, it is not a real threat? You do not think that the mayor of a major city has the ability to make you life a living Hell as a business owner? Health inspections, zoning laws, licensing......

If someone has a gun in their hand and says they are going to shoot you, are you going to wait until they do before you shoot them?

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:26:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Hilarious

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/01/kfc-loves-gays-john-goodman-funny-or-die_n_1728258.html
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:28:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Traffic is backed up on the highway for over 1-mile to get into the local Chick Fil A
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:30:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Hoo boy I stirred up a hornet's nest in the comments section of this Huffington Post article. Go here and join the fun:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-badash/chick-fil-a-5-reasons-it-isnt-what-you-think_b_1725237.html
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:30:13 AM EDT
[#20]
A have a relative that works at chick-fil-a.

He said this morning's crowd at breakfast time was busier than the busiest lunch or dinner time shift he has EVER worked.

He was glad he got off before the lunch crowd came.

I hope Chick-fil-a has the busiest day in franchise history.

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:32:27 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

One of the guys who works for me just popped in my office and said "We're ordering from Chick-Fil-A today, want anything?"

I like my team.

Just got my sandwich.

Apparently our Chick-Fil-A is twice the madhouse it normally is, with traffic backed up in both directions on the road it's on.

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:34:13 AM EDT
[#22]
I'll stop by this evening for some bachelor supper, even if the stuff does give me the shits.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:37:26 AM EDT
[#23]
I got me some hate chicken sammiches today. 45 minute wait.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:40:45 AM EDT
[#24]
I bought for everyone in my office today. I asked the girl at the drive through if she knew why we were all there.  She said yes and started crying because she was so proud to be an American.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:42:44 AM EDT
[#25]
g/f went there last night and got my a spicy chicken meal.  guess I will be going there for lunch today too.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:43:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

So if you are going to open a business in, say....Shitcago, and the Mayor decides to attack your company on a national stage, stating they are going to keep you from opening your business, it is not a real threat? You do not think that the mayor of a major city has the ability to make you life a living Hell as a business owner? Health inspections, zoning laws, licensing......  

If someone has a gun in their hand and says they are going to shoot you, are you going to wait until they do before you shoot them?

You make an excellent argument.  I really only intended to illustrate the stupidity of eating fast food as a form of activism.

I'm also a cynic, and I generally believe that the principles of guys like Cathy hinge heavily on their bottom line.  Publicity stunts do happen, as much as folks want to believe in a genuine impetus for his original statements.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:44:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Just got back.  I headed there at 11:30 and I'm glad I did.  It was packed when I got there and was simply jammed by the time we were finished.  I parked across the way in a bank parking lot which was lucky because the parking lot of the CFA was jammed and barely moving with all the traffic.

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:45:54 AM EDT
[#28]

taking 6 for dinner

eta: 1700 romeo

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:46:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
There isn't one within 15 miles of my house.  

There is 3 within 15 mins of my house.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:46:43 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm a racist, homophone, tea partier rightwing terrorist, also (gasp) white and christian, and I will be eatin some CFA tonight.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:47:00 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You make an excellent argument.  I really only intended to illustrate the stupidity of eating fast food as a form of activism.

I'm also a cynic, and I generally believe that the principles of guys like Cathy hinge heavily on their bottom line.  Publicity stunts do happen, as much as folks want to believe in a genuine impetus for his original statements.

It is not so much eating fast food as supporting a company buy purchasing their products. It just happens to be that their product is are fast food.

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:47:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm a racist, homophone, tea partier rightwing terrorist, also (gasp) white and christian, and I will be eatin some CFA tonight.

pray tell what is a homophone? Y U no like iPhones?
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:49:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Anything to piss libtards off.

I will be going to CFA in my gas guzzling Jeep, wearing a Gadsden flag tshirt, carrying a gun, and I will bring my 3 month old that libbs think should have been aborted.
If CFA sold baby seal meat i'd order that.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:50:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Really? Another fucking Chik Fil A thread? Can we consolidate these all into one thread so you can all jerk off in one place?

FWIW, I don't give a shit about the politics of the owner, I'm just sick of seeing 4 Chik Fil A threads on the front page everyday.

Fuck, the food isn't even good (though I'll admit the service and cleanliness are outstanding) at the fucking place.

You know you dont have to look at them. Are you the guy who listens for a rustling wrapper a mile away?
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:50:50 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Anything to piss libtards off.

I will be going to CFA in my gas guzzling Jeep, wearing a Gadsden flag tshirt, carrying a gun, and I will bring my 3 month old that libbs think should have been aborted.

If CFA sold baby seal meat i'd order that.

LOL

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:52:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

No, we're going to get fat to fight the real assholes.
Which side are you on?
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:55:40 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

taking 6 for dinner

eta: 1700 romeo quebec

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:56:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Closest CFA is 300mi past the DMZ ( CA/NV border ) or I could travel 537mi up to Salt Lick UT
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:57:57 AM EDT
[#39]
I just tried to go. Tried being the operative word. The CFA here in south Shreveport is COMPLETLY wrapped up. The line is two to three deep and extends out down the side of the restaurant. That end of the shoppIng center parking lot looks like the Christmas season as it is full of cars. People are parking and getting in line. Will try to post pics later.

I'll be going back around 4pm to maybe beat the dinner rush.

I'll be honestly surprised if they don't run out of chicken.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:58:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

pray tell what is a homophone? Y U no like iPhones?

It means dumbass who can't spell.

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 8:58:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Stopped by the local one 10:45AM. Drive-thru line already into the street.

Hit the deluxe with Provolone and Bacon.  I might be a fat asshole but I am a HAPPY fat asshole today.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 9:00:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, we're going to get fat to fight the real assholes.
Which side are you on?

I'm all for free speech. I just wonder how much of the support is actually about free speech, and how many people think it's about fighting gay marriage.

I'm on the side of free speech. But I still hate chicken
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 9:00:55 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

taking 6 for dinner

we're gmt-5 hear

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 9:01:31 AM EDT
[#44]
the ones in Wilmington NC have had lines out the doors and the drive thrus backed up most all day.  

*edit to add pic
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 9:01:43 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

taking 6 for dinner

we're gmt-5 hear  

Oh, I thought you were in MD.

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 9:03:54 AM EDT
[#46]
hooray for biblical principles!

Link Posted: 8/1/2012 9:06:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No, I'm using CFA as my periworkout nutrition today.

A chicken sandwich and maybe a peach milkshake to spike insulin before my workout and then two spicy chicken sandwiches with waffle fries post workout.  

Gotta make those macronutrients count!
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 9:07:13 AM EDT
[#48]
How much you want to bet the media focus will ONLY be on the protesters later on? If you guys claim huge lines, make sure you get pics.

I disagree with the owners view heavily but its his right to think backwards. If I liked their food I would be motivated to buy some to at least show support of the 1st.
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 9:07:39 AM EDT
[#49]

Yeah, fuck Jesus and free speech!  
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 9:09:12 AM EDT
[#50]

Hooray for first amendment

Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top