Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/28/2012 3:26:33 PM EDT
Shame on you Nebraska ! (i have to take your women to the range)

Ok.. So I have this friend on here, that I met through the Internet ! He is a member here, was deployed last year and that is when we have known each others.

He has this Internet friend.. A real nice Christian lady from Nebraska, who has been sending care packages for deployed soldier with her family over the years.

Anyway... Point is, he knew she was in my area for a few months during the sommer, and he suggested I could assist her in visiting some places etc..

Anyway, after a few outings seeing historical landmarks, cathedrals and castles (stuff she wanted to see) today we went first to a WWII fort, and then..... Shooting !

Yes, even if she is not into firearms, she is a real conservative (prolly more than me) , pro 2nd amendment, local tea party supporter, and she REALLY would share GD views about Obama...

But guess what.... None of you losers did bring her to the range back in the US, and beside her fathers shotgun, she had never fired another gun before !

So today, I brought a sporting 22lr pistol (for a start), a glock17, a M&P9, a beretta M9, a 22lr AR, a supressed Mk18mod0, a SiG550, and a 1860 Henry rifle replica in 44wcf ( because she told me her brother is into 19th century reenactment) !

We started with the handguns at 25m and she did good with the 22lr, and not too bad with the 9mils..  Except with the M9, but it's a known fact that the wide grip doesn't fit tiny and delicate hands hahah.

Then we went to the 50m range, and i wanted her to start with the 22lr but apparently I had forgotten to sight the red dot in, and since we had not much time left, we just skipped it... So actually, the first rifle she ever fired, was a fully automatic Issued SiG550 (hard to beat, right ;) ? ) and she did good with it.. Groups where less than 2 inches wide at 50m, and I was happy with that, for a beginner.

She then went to the supressed mk18mod0 and she did as good with the aimpoint as she did with the sig iron sights ! She was only a bit bothered by the overgased AR though.. I really need to get one of those gas buster or seal one myself.

At the end she fired the Henry rifle like a champ, with full loads of black powder !

SO GUYS, SHAME ON YOU that I have to do your work and introduce your fellow Nebraskan women to the art of shooting firearms. But you can send me more anytime ;)

I have a bunch of pics, but she requested approval before posting them (women gonna be women I guess :) )

So for now I'll just post the one she posted on her own Facebook. I guess this one gets a free pass :) (pics up in an edit in a few minutes)

(she has no eye pro here, but she otherwise used them for the whole time. Prolly removed them for her pics)

Ok. She was the 8th arfcommer, or related arfcommer that I take to the range since I am registered here.

Please guys, don't ask me for other range reports etc as she is a very conservative and Christian woman, and anything of the kind is apparenlly not part of the plans. hahah (yeah, you can make fun of ME for this. I'm game. But please keep it respectful for her. She might drop here to have a look)
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent choice of rifle. Needs more eye protection.
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 3:30:53 PM EDT
[#2]
She looks cute.
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Excellent choice of rifle. Needs more eye protection.

Addressed in an edit. She had them all the time. I think she might have removed them for the pic. Not sure. I didn't take this one.
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 3:34:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool. Sounds like fun...
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 3:39:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like a good time was had shooting.

She's got you pretty worked up Shung. You usually don't make typos. :P

Link Posted: 7/28/2012 3:41:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Looks like a good time was had shooting.

She's got you pretty worked up Shung. You usually don't make typos. :P

Hahah ok. Fair enough
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 3:41:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Sweet..

But tell her to stop putting sun block in care packages
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 3:42:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sweet..

Copy that. Wilco
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 4:07:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice Shung.  I wish I could shoot a F/A sig.       Looks like a blast.

So far the only autos I have gotten to fire are an old M16A1 and a mac10.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 4:19:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sweet..

No sir!

Tell her to keep taking good care of her skin.  I know too many women that look like sun spotted old hags at 40 from the sun.

My wife just turned an age "near" 40 and she still has a perfect complexion.

My two daughters were born in Nebraska.  Go Huskers!!

Link Posted: 7/28/2012 4:31:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like a great day!
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 4:33:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Looks like a great day!

Was ! The WW2 artillery fort was great too ! Gonna post some pics tomorrow !
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 4:45:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I could have fixed that problem, had I known about it. Send her to the HTF, everyone I've met here so far is GTG.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#15]
reppin' my home state, bitches
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 5:13:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I could have fixed that problem, had I known about it. Send her to the HTF, everyone I've met here so far is GTG.

If she is willing to shoot more when she gets back in the US (sept) or want to get her carry permit etc, I'll be sure to direct her to the NE HTF ! Thanks !
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#17]
That 550 is awesome. Always wanted to take one for a spin.

Looking at getting What sig is calling a 551-a1 in the future.
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Good for you.
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 5:22:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Still waiting for the Stearns and Foster range report.
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#20]
550/Pe90 is a nice rifle for a woman to shoot for the first time. Love my Swiss Arms.
Fun day for you.
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 9:28:58 PM EDT
[#21]
What are the specs on the female???

Link Posted: 7/29/2012 3:17:51 AM EDT
[#22]
She's deserved at least a SiG550 if that talks to you ;)
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 3:34:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'd guess a dance/gymnast core chassis model. Not a combat chassis model.

</scifi nerd>
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 3:48:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

</scifi nerd>

Wow... You know her ? She s a classic dancer and teacher.

I applaud your skills Sir
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 3:52:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

</scifi nerd>

Wow... You know her ? She s a classic dancer and teacher.

I applaud your skills Sir

! No, I dated a dancer for a while though
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 4:15:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Good on you Shung, it's always a good thing to see the fairer sex introduced to guns in a positive way!
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 5:51:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Check her birth certificate. She's too slender, not enough muscle for a Nebraska woman. Looks more like a starved Colorado gal.

Looks like she was having fun on the range!
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 7:40:02 AM EDT
[#28]
I think she is just keeping in perfect shape for her passion and work !

another one with the Mk18

and the Henry

there sure is one future lucky man in Nebraska somewhere ;)

Link Posted: 7/29/2012 10:09:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Oh btw. Can any of you give me clues on what kind of state is Nebraska regarding rights to carry ?

Shall issue I hope ?

What you need to do for a carry permit ?

Link Posted: 7/29/2012 11:18:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Sonofabitch, I was just in Omaha for 3 weeks and didn't meet any women like this.
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Very cool, Shung!

Link Posted: 7/29/2012 12:43:56 PM EDT
[#32]
She's not very old...good on you to teach her how to shoot!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2012 3:29:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

She's old enough to run her own business,  travel overseas for good things and to be a very intelligent and honest woman.. She is full of win, as GD says. And now she is a shooter too

I hope she'll find somebody worth all lf this out there in NE. You guys sure need to be on top of your game ;)

Link Posted: 7/29/2012 4:39:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Oh btw. Can any of you give me clues on what kind of state is Nebraska regarding rights to carry ?

Shall issue I hope ?

Nebraska is 'shall issue', pretty typical as far as regs. 5yr license ($100 fee- kinda high) that requires a course (classroom & range) application, fingerprints, etc.

Seems like a cool young lady. I also would love to visit Schweiz again.
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 7:01:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shall issue I hope ?

Nebraska is 'shall issue', pretty typical as far as regs. 5yr license ($100 fee- kinda high) that requires a course (classroom & range) application, fingerprints, etc.

Interesting. Thanks. Il let her know ! She might do it, hopefully.

Since she can't carry here, I provided her a pepper spray and asked her about a knife, for as long as she stays here.
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 7:03:52 AM EDT
[#36]
So when my wife and I come to Switzerland, can we come shoot a fully auto Sig 550?

Great pics man, good on you for taking her to the range.
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 7:07:07 AM EDT
[#37]
There are people in Nebraska??
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 7:10:09 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shall issue I hope ?

There are, however, cities that have further restrictions, Omaha is one example.

Link Posted: 7/30/2012 7:20:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Check her birth certificate. She's too slender, not enough muscle for a Nebraska woman. Looks more like a starved Colorado gal.

Looks like she was having fun on the range!

Well apparently half of our skinny women have been stolen by the Swiss!
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 7:22:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Holy crap, Shung.  Are you shooting real black powder out of that Henry?  Looks like my muzzle loader going off.
Have to wait 10 minutes for the smoke to clear before you know if you hit anything.
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 7:24:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 7:27:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

She's old enough to run her own business,  travel overseas for good things and to be a very intelligent and honest woman.. She is full of win, as GD says. And now she is a shooter too

I hope she'll find somebody worth all lf this out there in NE. You guys sure need to be on top of your game ;)

She can shoot and blow shit up with me any time she wants!
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 7:47:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Lovely young lady Shung, I'll bet it was a nice visit!

I'll look you up if I ever decide to travel outside of CONUS. I'd love to shoot F/A!

Link Posted: 7/30/2012 9:15:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Holy crap, Shung.  Are you shooting real black powder out of that Henry?  Looks like my muzzle loader going off.
Have to wait 10 minutes for the smoke to clear before you know if you hit anything.

Yes. These were full loads of swiss2 black powder (2grams)

Cleaning is a pity though
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 9:17:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So when my wife and I come to Switzerland, can we come shoot a fully auto Sig 550?

Great pics man, good on you for taking her to the range.

Of course. I have hosted as many as 8 arfcommers at the range, and will keep offering the same.

I have a FFL SOT from Texas next Saturday. He is a friend of a member here (HKAG)
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 7:06:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Hey, I do my part to take pretty Nebraska girls shooting!

Seriously, if she is interested in shooting have her get in touch with us at the NFOA when she gets back (see my sig line) .
Link Posted: 7/30/2012 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Very cool! But why didn't you show her the proper grip on that Henry so the follower wouldn't hit her hand and hang up a round when levering?
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 4:43:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Hey, I do my part to take pretty Nebraska girls shooting!

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/alemonkey/IMAG0609.jpg

Seriously, if she is interested in shooting have her get in touch with us at the NFOA when she gets back (see my sig line) .

Thank you for the offer. I will let her know. She lives closer from a big city now, and I think it would be good for her to have her ccw. Apparently her father is willing too.
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 4:44:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Very cool! But why didn't you show her the proper grip on that Henry so the follower wouldn't hit her hand and hang up a round when levering?

She was struggling with the weight of the gun.. I showed her the proper position, but apparently it didn't suit her body mechanics.. So I just let her handle it like she felt comfortable with ;)
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 5:12:34 AM EDT
[#50]
I took plenty of girls to shoot back home in Nebraska.  Didn't have as nice of a collection as you though.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top