Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/27/2012 1:02:07 PM EDT
No smiley this time. It was funny the first couple of times but now it's getting out of hand.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/philadelphia-to-consider-resolution-condemning-chick-fil-a.html

The Philadelphia City Council will consider a resolution condemning Chick-fil-A for what one city leader called “anti-American” attitudes that promote “hatred, bigotry and discrimination.”

City Councilman Jim Kenney sent a letter to Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy telling him to “take a hike and take your intolerance with you.”

“My effort is to allow people to understand that in certain segments of corporate America there are folks who are using their dollars to promote hatred, bigotry and discrimination,” Kenney told Fox News.

He is introducing a resolution to “condemn this anti-American attitude of trying to deny civil liberties that every American enjoys.”

Kenney joined the mayors of Boston, Chicago and now San Francisco in blasting the Atlanta-based company for supporting a biblical definition of marriage – a union between one man and one woman.

Cathy told Baptist Press that he is “guilty as charged” when it comes to supporting traditional marriage.

Kenney said individuals who do not support gay marriage should understand there are consequences to their belief.

“If he really, truly believes what he believes, that is his right to do so,” he told Fox News. “But there is often a price to pay for that.”
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 1:03:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't care, will continue to eat there.

If people expect me to boycott companies for having an opinion, they should also expect me to boycott cities for having them as well.

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 1:07:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I say pass a resolution that says Philadelphia is a shithole. I'm headed to Chik Fil A tonight.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 1:08:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I say pass a resolution that says Philadelphia is a shithole. I'm headed to Chik Fil A tonight.

They already did so when they voted democrat.

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 1:10:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I hate Filthydelphia and their so called "politicians."
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Don't care, will continue to eat there.

If people expect me to boycott companies for having an opinion, they should also expect me to boycott cities for having them as well.

+1

San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia. Four cities I need not visit, ever.

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 1:11:13 PM EDT
[#6]
The closest one is in Erie, Pa.  That's close to 100 miles away.  

Too bad, I love chicken.  I'm always looking for a new place to try.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 1:11:30 PM EDT
[#7]
So, they are saying  that Christianity is anti-American?

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Heading to CFA in he morning for breakfast.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 1:12:09 PM EDT
[#9]
change philly to berlin and chikfila to a jewish owned business and it correctly sounds like something worse.

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 1:20:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I hereby propose that ARFCOM draft a resolution condemning the City of Philadelphia for being a stinky communist infested urban shithole.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 1:21:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

we are eating there tomorrow
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 1:22:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I hereby propose that ARFCOM draft a resolution condemning the City of Philadelphia for being a stinky communist infested urban shithole.

motion seconded.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Sounds like a bunch of tolerant libs being tolerant of everybody.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I am not crazy about Chick fil a, but I'm gonna start eating there more often.

Fuck political correctness.

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 1:26:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Chick Fil A is headed for record profits.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 1:26:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Philly is a parasite living in, and off, what is otherwise a nice state. Every time someone mentions some new state tax or tax increase is being proposed, my first question is "So what does Philly want money for now?" We should just give it to New Jersey and be done with it.

So no manner of sheer asshattery that comes out of that place surprises me in the least.

I may just hop on the interstate and go to Erie and get me some CFA...the interstates that are still free to drive on, despite Philly pushing for a toll on them a couple/few years back to pay for their own city road improvements.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Another good reason to stay below the MD line.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 1:35:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yes, it is now anti-American to be anything but agreeable with opinions that aren't yours.

So much for the 1st amendment.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Don't be so quick to judge.  Only half (generous) of people living in Filthadelphia like that shit hole, the rest of the state hates Philly.  

I live in the Philly suburbs, and there are a couple Chik-fil-a's that border the city.  One of them, which is RIGHT on the border, is the worst Chik-fil-a that I have ever eaten at do to the lackluster employees when the manager is not present.  However, it still beats any McDonalds/Wendys/BK/etc that I have ever been in.  

I might even dare to say that there is blatant racism in that Chikfila, but my food is always good so I'm not going to complain about them ignoring white people.   (seriously, it's the Cheltenham Chik-fil-a, if anyone else eats there...and are white, they will probably notice as well).
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 1:37:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

City of Brotherly Love, huh??
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 1:43:05 PM EDT
[#21]

What is the point of all of this?
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Go eat at Chik-fil-a.  The gov't wants them to have a surge in sales, and claim that the "gov't made that happen".
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

City of Brotherly Love, huh??

Yes, it's become another Detroit.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 2:03:18 PM EDT
[#24]
What is un-american is politicians sticking their nose in a religious problem. If the the owner of Chick fil A wants to be a bigot then if this is still the USA he has that right end of story, let the public decide if he should stay in business by supporting or not supporting it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 2:05:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Cut all federal funding to Boston, Philly and Chicago due to

blatant US Constitutional violations.

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 2:07:44 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm glad my little burg won't be pulling this crap.

I'd hate to eat Chik for lunch every day to make a point.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 2:40:39 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll eat at Chick-fil-A twice as much and boycott Philadelphia, Chicago and San Francisco.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What is un-american is politicians sticking their nose in a religious problem. If the the owner of Chick fil A wants to be a bigot then if this is still the USA he has that right end of story, let the public decide if he should stay in business by supporting or not supporting it.

?!?!??

How is he being a bigot?!?! They hire and serve teh ghey!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 4:43:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Bullshit on the part of the gooberments.

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 4:45:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

As well as traditional family values. Mental disorder right there.

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 4:47:03 PM EDT
[#31]
As the result of this whole kerfluffle, I ate dinner at chick-fil-A last night for the first time in years.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 4:49:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Here's what Chik-Fil-A should do. Mount a campaign and tell everyone in Chicago, Philly, and wherever that if the current mayor loses in the coming election, everyone in that town gets free Chik-Fil-A sadwiches for a year.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 4:52:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

That's my take,  probably with a "if we don't like your free speech, you can't have it".  In Philly if you are Bung Hole Bandit you get to be relevant.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 4:54:58 PM EDT
[#34]
He chooses to believe different from those who are politically correct.............and I ate at Chik-Fil-A today and will continue to do so

Quoted:
Quoted:

?!?!??

How is he being a bigot?!?! They hire and serve teh ghey!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 4:57:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Philly is a parasite living in, and off, what is otherwise a nice state. Every time someone mentions some new state tax or tax increase is being proposed, my first question is "So what does Philly want money for now?" We should just give it to New Jersey and be done with it.
So no manner of sheer asshattery that comes out of that place surprises me in the least.

I may just hop on the interstate and go to Erie and get me some CFA...the interstates that are still free to drive on, despite Philly pushing for a toll on them a couple/few years back to pay for their own city road improvements.

New Jersey don't want it we have enough issues of or own.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#36]
I don't give a fuck.

I don't give a fuck.

I don't give a fuck.

I don't give a straight fuck, a sparkly purple fuck, or a completely non sexual in any way fuck

All this gay marriage shit is fucking ridiculous. Retarded. Ludacris. Just flat out gay as shit.

Who gives a fuck what Chik Fil A thinks or supports? They're not banning gays from working there or eating there or anything. The owner was making a comment and he is well within his right to say what he thinks thanks to that pesky freedom of speech thing.

Don't like it? don't eat there. Just like I won't buy a washington post or support companies with views I don't like. Jesus christ. It's a fucking free market. You can do this kind of shit

But chicago "banning" chik fil a and Philly condemning them in a resolution or whatever the fuck they're doing is fucking stupid as shit and completely gay ass dicks

The fact that all this bullshit is coming from 3 of the most liberal cities does nothing to help.

As i stated earlier. I DO NOT GIVE ANY FUCKS.

Now shut up and get back to making your delicious chicken and waffle fries.

fuck
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#37]
All this crap over a fucking chicken sandwhich

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 5:04:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Thank you for the increase in chicken sales. These politicians are going to put the cows out of business when it comes to advertising.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 5:09:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

motion seconded.

The gentleman from KS votes yay.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 5:09:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Those mini chicken biscuits were great this morning, as usual. With

hot sauce of course.

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 5:17:34 PM EDT
[#41]
And gays say there's no "gay agenda." Bullshit.

It's not about flaunting their weirdness. They've got politicians in their pocket now persecuting someone for their Christian beliefs, doesn't matter that they serve food to gays all day long w/o a problem.

This chick-fil-a drama is the fruition of the gay agenda.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 5:20:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I don't give a fuck.

I don't give a fuck.

I don't give a fuck.

Lol

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 5:22:47 PM EDT
[#43]
CFA exposes the real racists for who they are.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 5:26:12 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Fascists being fascist

If you have an opinion we don't agree with...

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 5:28:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Here's what Chik-Fil-A should do. Mount a campaign and tell everyone in Chicago, Philly, and wherever that if the current mayor loses in the coming election, everyone in that town gets free Chik-Fil-A sadwiches for a year.

Brilliant.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 5:28:32 PM EDT
[#46]
I don't think I'm a complete American male unless the likes of Philadelphia and San Fransisco have actually BANNED me from the city limits.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 5:28:39 PM EDT
[#47]
I say fuck Philly but I felt that way before.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 5:41:53 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Amen, CF ought to say "fuck you Yankee's, you don't deserve our yummy chicken, excellent customer service, and tasty goodies, we're packing our shit and heading back south"

Link Posted: 7/27/2012 5:43:28 PM EDT
[#49]
They throwing any churches out?
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 5:45:34 PM EDT
[#50]
A resolution condemning something?   From the Philadelphia City Council?!?!?!?

I just don't know how Chik Fil A will be able to carry on.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top