Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2012 4:31:44 AM EDT
http://www.golfdigest.com/golf/humor/18-most-annoying-golf-partners#slide=1

If you play the game, you can totally relate. Funny stuff!

Link Posted: 7/8/2012 4:38:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://www.golfdigest.com/golf/humor/18-most-annoying-golf-partners#slide=1

If you play the game, you can totally relate. Funny stuff!

Link Posted: 7/8/2012 4:43:49 AM EDT
[#2]

I do #6.

Funny, but needs more Cartgirl!!!

Link Posted: 7/8/2012 5:01:37 AM EDT
[#3]
That cart girl is fucking hot!
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 5:05:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I've played with most of that list, and am probably guilty of the rest.

Link Posted: 7/8/2012 5:06:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They certainly are lovely...
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 5:08:26 AM EDT
[#6]
My step-dad does #1. It's his membership we play under but Holy fuck does it get annoying.

I give the cart girls a hard time but I'm only a couple years older than them. Makes it less perverted and just annoying.

I do 6, 7, and 8 too. And 14 is called a practice shot.
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 5:12:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I know everyone of those and I'm #6.

:)
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 5:20:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Too funny.

While I do not golf, I am a competitive sporting clays shooter.   There is a sporting clays equivalent to nearly every one of these.

No cart girls, though.  
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 5:42:06 AM EDT
[#9]
#6 & #12 here checking in, lol.  And damn, if all cart girls looked like that zero golf would get played.
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 5:50:15 AM EDT
[#10]
That's funny.  I've played with guys like that but it seemed like it's more the casual weekend golfers or the business guys who do that stuff.  I go out as a single most of the time because its interesting who you are going to meet.. Mostly, they are nice guys who love the game but most of them are older and that makes a difference.

That cart girl outfit is spot on if you play Willows Run in WA.
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 5:50:20 AM EDT
[#11]
About the only time I play golf is with firemen. Lots of drinking and lots of cigars.
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 6:03:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Fuckin hello #4 boobs.
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 6:06:45 AM EDT
[#13]
all i noticed was this

Link Posted: 7/8/2012 6:13:07 AM EDT
[#14]
I want to hit cigar guys and plumb bobbers with my cart.
Annoying assholes.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 6:22:55 AM EDT
[#15]
I am, Cigar Guy. . .

Volcano Guy almost killed his buddy on a local course ~15 years ago.  Missed a putt on 18 and was going to break his putter on the green.  He swung is putter back over his head and buried it in the top of his buddy's head.  He was apparently well known for this kind of antic.  His buddy had walked up behind him to place his own ball.  I was a couple of groups behind.  When I got to the green there was a huge pool of coagulated blood on the grass.  Those of you who have seen serious blood loss know what I am talking about.  There was a marshal standing near the green to explain things to the players since they had not had time to wash the blood from the green.  They cleaned it between groups shortly thereafter, but they never did stop play.  The marshal had seen the whole thing.  I never did find out if the guy survived and there was never anything in the local paper.  Rumor had it that the guy died and Volcano Guy was charged with manslaughter, but I could never confirm that either.  The entire event still creeps me out every time I play that green. . .
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 6:26:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Those same golf types must hang out in gun stores, gun shows and shooting ranges too.

There's also the player that always forgets to bring balls, tees, gloves, towels... and wants to know if you have "an extra". At every hole.

Link Posted: 7/8/2012 6:36:20 AM EDT
[#17]

Yeah...my cart girls never look like that

Link Posted: 7/8/2012 6:37:14 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

you need to go to charity golf events sponsored by a strip club

Link Posted: 7/8/2012 6:43:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

you need to go to charity golf events sponsored by a strip club

I'd start playing...
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 6:45:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Not a golfer, but that shit is funny.
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 6:47:16 AM EDT
[#21]
#11.... I know one.

Guy in my neighborhood is an honest-to-goodness hoarder of golf balls.  His wife keeps him in check, and makes him keep them all in his "den", but he has so many that it's insane... I have no idea how many digits would be in the final count.  And not just good ones, but old, worn out ones, too.  Nobody wants to golf with him because he WILL NOT leave a golf ball behind.  Ever.  EVER. EVER.  If his ball gets lost, he IS NOT GOING TO LEAVE until he finds it.

I feel bad for the guy.  Living with that kind of compulsion would suck.
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 6:57:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Number 7 checking in
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 7:14:18 AM EDT
[#23]
They left out the kids that retrieve your out of bounds ball that goes over the fence and then try and sell it back to you with a dozen other guys ob balls.

Used golf balls are serious business. Had a diver drown at the resort a couple of years ago whose job it was to get balls out of the ponds and lake. He was alone which was a big no no....
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 7:39:13 AM EDT
[#24]

Me too, he must work out.

Link Posted: 7/8/2012 7:45:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I looked because of your post.

You were right!!!
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 7:51:02 AM EDT
[#26]

Where is THAT COURSE!!??
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 7:55:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 8:13:58 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm a air counter
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 8:28:22 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm definitely #11!

My favorite ball to find are the neon green ones!

Sometimes when I'm waiting on a group in front of me or there is no group behind me, I will walk around in the rough and find some balls.

I do hate to lose balls but I will leave them behind if necessary because I know I will find more in the future!

Link Posted: 7/8/2012 11:25:23 AM EDT
[#30]
They left out one. The guy who is impatient and hits into your group because he thinks you're playing too slow. Even the guys in his foursome are yelling at him because he's yelling at them to hurry and almost running to get to his next hit.

Link Posted: 7/8/2012 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They left out one. The guy who is impatient and hits into your group because he thinks you're playing too slow. Even the guys in his foursome are yelling at him because he's yelling at them to hurry and almost running to get to his next hit.

I've scored a few free golf balls from people like that.
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 11:39:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Those guys usually don't like it when you take out your driver and hit their ball back to them.  
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 11:42:04 AM EDT
[#33]
The most annoying golfer is any golfer who lets you know he's a golfer.

To spend all day chasing a tiny white ball with an iron club...  sorry but I don't get the attraction.

Link Posted: 7/8/2012 11:45:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Watching the Greenbrier now...  I think Tiger would have "being partnered with Webb Simpson"  on his list. He hasn't made the cut twice when paired with Webb. That's pretty bad luck when it's only happened 9 times total.
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#35]
so basically, what ive read from the responses is that every golfer is one of those 18

Link Posted: 7/8/2012 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I am, Cigar Guy. . .

Volcano Guy almost killed his buddy on a local course ~15 years ago.  Missed a putt on 18 and was going to break his putter on the green.  He swung is putter back over his head and buried it in the top of his buddy's head.  He was apparently well known for this kind of antic.  His buddy had walked up behind him to place his own ball.  I was a couple of groups behind.  When I got to the green there was a huge pool of coagulated blood on the grass.  Those of you who have seen serious blood loss know what I am talking about.  There was a marshal standing near the green to explain things to the players since they had not had time to wash the blood from the green.  They cleaned it between groups shortly thereafter, but they never did stop play.  The marshal had seen the whole thing.  I never did find out if the guy survived and there was never anything in the local paper.  Rumor had it that the guy died and Volcano Guy was charged with manslaughter, but I could never confirm that either.  The entire event still creeps me out every time I play that green. . .

how is that even manslaughter?  sounds more like a pure accident.

Link Posted: 7/8/2012 11:53:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm definitely #11!  

Sometimes when I'm waiting on a group in front of me or there is no group behind me, I will walk around in the rough and find some balls.

I do hate to lose balls but I will leave them behind if necessary because I know I will find more in the future!

I was out golfing with my father and brother once and it was a slow day on the course. My dad hit his ball into the woods on the right side of the green. Since we had time to kill my brother and me just sat there drinking our beer waiting for him. He cam out on the completely other side of the green with 20 balls. He said he just kept finding them and wouldn't turn down free golf balls.
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 12:01:06 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm definitely #11!  

I was out golfing with my father and brother once and it was a slow day on the course. My dad hit his ball into the woods on the right side of the green. Since we had time to kill my brother and me just sat there drinking our beer waiting for him. He cam out on the completely other side of the green with 20 balls. He said he just kept finding them and wouldn't turn down free golf balls.

He just saved $40!

Link Posted: 7/8/2012 12:01:21 PM EDT
[#39]
The cart girl wasn't really interested in me?

Link Posted: 7/8/2012 12:01:50 PM EDT
[#40]

Back off dude, she's MINE.  

Link Posted: 7/8/2012 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've scored a few free golf balls from people like that.

Either that, or bury the guys ball with a quick runover with the golf cart.  After the 2nd or 3rd time he finds the top of his ball poking out of the ground he starts to realize it is no accident...
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 12:33:22 PM EDT
[#42]

Jebbus, I need to go back to playing golf.
I'd go 18 holes w/this.
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 12:39:04 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't play golf but my wife was a cart girl while in Nursing school.  I've heard some interesting stories.
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 12:45:06 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm not a golfer.

Link Posted: 7/8/2012 12:49:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm definitely #11!  

He just saved $40!

Seriously. Golf balls are stupid expensive.

Lucky a friend of mine has an uncle who lives off the first hole at local golf course so I get all the free balls I need.
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Hell, I need to go to a CC with cart girls like that.

I'm the Jack Hamm.  Every time I tee off I yell "POOOOOWWW!" or "BOOOOOMMMM!"
Link Posted: 7/8/2012 1:32:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
#11.... I know one.

Guy in my neighborhood is an honest-to-goodness hoarder of golf balls.  His wife keeps him in check, and makes him keep them all in his "den", but he has so many that it's insane... I have no idea how many digits would be in the final count.  And not just good ones, but old, worn out ones, too.  Nobody wants to golf with him because he WILL NOT leave a golf ball behind.  Ever.  EVER. EVER.  If his ball gets lost, he IS NOT GOING TO LEAVE until he finds it.

I feel bad for the guy.  Living with that kind of compulsion would suck.

This sounds like me with brass at the range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top