Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you like your hobo rare, medium, or well-done?
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Guy was high on something, no great loss to society. But probably saved the state $15k+ in welfare. Of course the family will sue for wrongful death.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:37:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess this is the current topic on my subscriptions now?
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:38:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some one should have told him he isn't allowed to smoke on the subway.

They should charge him.

That would insulate him from negativity.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:38:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Electricity Hertz.

Watt a cruel demeanor you have.

He couldn't resist.

It happens when you don't stay current on proper etiquette
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:38:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Nothing anyone can do at that point. That must have been hard to watch in person.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:38:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Watts going on in here?

Joules and his girlfriend were having an argument about kirchoff's law.

He pretty amped up about it?

A little bit.    By his math, both legs of the circuit had equal resistance, but did not conduct equally.

I heard he was a serial fare jumper.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#8]
He found out that being a conductor on the railroad requires some safety training before certification.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:40:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Must have been some resistance to this.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:41:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would it really have the voltage to push through you if you were wearing shoes and pulled him off without touching any of the rails yourself?  Seems like it got him because of the amps and with good contact with two rails.

IIRC, the subway runs on about 600 volts at probably a few hundred amps. The potential is enough to probably get through your soles, especially if you have sweaty feet.

If that rail is DC, and rectified from 600VAC, it is ~848VDC.    We had an Opossum drawn onto our 848VDC bus bars once.  Several people lost their lunch during the clean up.

" we have a ground fault, and a fucked up smell in the VFD house"
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:41:47 PM EDT
[#11]
He's a real live wire!
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:43:10 PM EDT
[#12]
"hey I got your shirt"

"They're not helping him"

"Hey just move a little bit to your right"

hmm, guy was dead about a minute ago.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:45:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would it really have the voltage to push through you if you were wearing shoes and pulled him off without touching any of the rails yourself?  Seems like it got him because of the amps and with good contact with two rails.

IIRC, the subway runs on about 600 volts at probably a few hundred amps. The potential is enough to probably get through your soles, especially if you have sweaty feet.

If that rail is DC, and rectified from 600VAC, it is ~848VDC.    We had an Opossum drawn onto our 848VDC bus bars once.  Several people lost their lunch during the clean up.

" we have a ground fault, and a fucked up smell in the VFD house"

Don't hold me to this, but I seem to recall that big city transit authorities do their own in-house rail power generation from DC genny's.

ETA, after a bit of snooping around the net..........

NYC used AC to DC rotary converter gensets up until the late 90's. I believe it's all solid state now.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:46:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
"hey I got your shirt"

"They're not helping him"

"Hey just move a little bit to your right"

hmm, guy was dead about a minute ago.

Yeah, his body was still moving but he was already toast, you would think the smoke coming out of his head would be a clue,  
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:47:39 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

ETA: If not, surely you could make a big overhand knot in a jacket and pull it tight around his leg and drag him off of it.

He was probably dead within a few seconds, so even if it was safe to do that, I doubt it could have been done fast enough.

I also am curious about how dangerous it would be to try to pull him off though.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:48:52 PM EDT
[#16]
This week on Current Affair.....
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:49:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA: If not, surely you could make a big overhand knot in a jacket and pull it tight around his leg and drag him off of it.

He was probably dead within a few seconds, so even if it was safe to do that, I doubt it could have been done fast enough.

I also am curious about how dangerous it would be to try to pull him off though.

You would be down right beside him.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:50:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This week on Current Affair.....

Goooooood one!

ETA: you need to throw that sound track in!

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:51:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what  I figured. I'm surprised nobody was dumb enough to try it.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:52:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Would have been suicide.

Within a second he was probably beyond all resuscitation.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Percy didnt wet the sponge.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:55:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Question is wtf was he even doing down there?

Oh well, no real loss to society.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:56:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Electricity Hertz.

He couldn't resist.
What revolting comments.

I don't have the capacity to respond to your comment
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#24]
it was no accident, they tried to tell him to get out but he wouldnt listen

he was killed by his own stupidity, drunkeness, drugs, etc
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:00:35 PM EDT
[#25]
He had the capacitance to get inducted into the Darwin hall of fame.  Short trip.

Electrons have consequences.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They could have caused it. When you grab someone they naturally pull away. Looks like when he did he fell.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:03:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
SHOCKING!!!!!!

I see watt you did there.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:07:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They could have caused it. When you grab someone they naturally pull away. Looks like when he did he fell.

Ohm my!

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Don't they have a GFCI crackhead detector?
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:13:04 PM EDT
[#30]
He didn't even cry out.  

How is the electric chair cruel and unusual punishment?  Seems quite tame to me, the smoke notwithstanding.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:16:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Electricity Hertz.

He couldn't resist.
What revolting comments.

I don't have the capacity to respond to your comment

Let's not derail this thread from the current subject.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:18:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Another moron that can't hold the phone the right fucking way, or even keep it pointed where the action is, instead of everywhere else.

"Why isn't anybody doing anything? You cannot go in there, don't go in there!"

"I don't understand why nobody's fucking dooeeng anything!"

I don't see you doing anything, you worthless fucking whiner. Bitch about nobody helping, and then immediately tell people not to help

Also at the people that thought he was just fine until he started smoking. Bunch of fucking geniuses there.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:20:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
He didn't even cry out.  

How is the electric chair cruel and unusual punishment?  Seems quite tame to me, the smoke notwithstanding.

That guy was in a world of shit until he lost conciousness.  Electricity constricts muscles.  DC current locks them down hard.    He could not cry out, or move.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:21:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Another moron that can't hold the phone the right fucking way, or even keep it pointed where the action is, instead of everywhere else.

I don't see you doing anything, you worthless fucking whiner. Bitch about nobody helping, and then immediately tell people not to help

Also at the people that thought he was just fine until he started smoking. Bunch of fucking geniuses there.

"Hey I got your shirt!"

I was fucking rolling.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:24:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Hey I got your shirt!"

I was fucking rolling.

...but I'm sure she knows enough about science to tell you about "climate change".
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:26:56 PM EDT
[#36]
He wasn't very bright now was he? No big loss to society. Natural selection at its finest. I would have been more upset about my train being delayed.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:27:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Hey I got your shirt!"

I was fucking rolling.

...but I'm sure she knows enough about science to tell you about "climate change".

And enough economics to tell me what a great job the president is doing too.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:27:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Electricity Hertz.

He couldn't resist.
Ohm my God

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:33:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:33:58 PM EDT
[#40]
When he's burning, one of them is actually talking to him. She says "you just need to move to the right a little bit!"

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:34:22 PM EDT
[#41]
"OMG, YO"
After she said that, I was hoping she was going to jump down there and join him.
ETA: Watched it again. You can hear him starting to sizzle just before he pops smoke.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:39:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Second vid in OP.

At least they stopped the train or that guy would have been FUCKED!
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:44:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:45:49 PM EDT
[#44]
they might be talking to him because of that whole "oh holy fuck that was kind of traumatic and surreal" type of thing

i don't know

just a thought
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:46:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Second vid in OP.

At least they stopped the train or that guy would have been FUCKED!

Naa, he was already fucked.   If they did not stop the train he would have been a voltage divider.

Now back to humming Twisted Transistor by Korn.  I changed the words to Thermal Resistor.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:46:31 PM EDT
[#46]
I kept waiting for a high speed train to smack him.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#47]
YAWN.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:49:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Good shoot electrocute.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:50:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
they might be talking to him because of that whole "oh holy fuck that was kind of traumatic and surreal" type of thing

i don't know

just a thought

The last time I saw a person decapitated in a traffic accident I asked them how they were doing.

I'd hate for anyone to think me impolite.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 9:50:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Plenty more where he came from. Fry all you like, they'll make more.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top