Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 6/14/2012 4:32:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure Mayor Sugarcookie here is surrounded by people armed with far heavier weapons than a mere handgun...
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 4:36:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like that mayor has been confiscating more than guns.  I'd hate to be a Hostess truck driver in Shreveport.  He needs to be pulled from office, what fucking country does he think he's in?
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 4:37:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Stay out of Shreveport, LA.  No problem there buddy.  I'll make sure to let all my gun toting buddies to stay out of that shit hole.
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 4:41:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I remember reading about this somewhere before some time ago but its always a nice refresher to always keep our guard up
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 4:41:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Judging from the last time I passed through Shreveport, I assumed that intelligence had been suspended in that lovely city.

Also, no guns were actually confiscated in the making of this "outrage".

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=10652408
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 4:42:35 AM EDT
[#6]
What a fuck stick. Suspended rights?  Wow. Just fucking wow
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 4:51:10 AM EDT
[#7]
The lawsuit will be so easy to win. So easy.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 4:53:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Only criminals don't use turn signals.

Nothing will make a good man feel like a criminal like talking to a police officer who doesn't respect people's right to liberty. Most of the officers I know would be proud to see a law abiding citizen that was able and prepared to defend themselves, one less shitty situation they'd have to take care of. However, police that see weapons as a problem, not criminals, are fooling themselves.
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 5:01:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I guess "disarmed for the duration of the traffic stop" just doesn't have the same ring to it as "OMGWTFBBQ!!! RIGHTS SUSPENDED!!!"
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 5:03:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Looks like that mayor has been confiscating more than guns.  I'd hate to be a Hostess truck driver in Shreveport.  He needs to be pulled from office, what fucking country does he think he's in?

The USA, obviously... where once you achieve a political position you have carte blanche to do whatever the fuck you want and get away with it.

This is one of many reasons why I don't wear my political affiliation or my support of RKBA on my vehicle or anywhere else on my person... because of shit pumps like this and cops that interpret the law the way they want to. Nothing will happen to the mayor or the cop. They'll continue to do what they're doing and laugh about it at the end of the day knowing they're violating people without any repercussions. Now that's freedom!!

Link Posted: 6/14/2012 5:36:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

They'll continue to do what they're doing and laugh about it at the end of the day knowing they're violating people without any repercussions. Now that's freedom!!

The tyranny of evil men.

Link Posted: 6/14/2012 5:51:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I guess "disarmed for the duration of the traffic stop" just doesn't have the same ring to it as "OMGWTFBBQ!!! RIGHTS SUSPENDED!!!"

How about search without PC or permission?
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 5:53:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 5:56:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I despise these articles written with a sensationalist twist.  Lay out the facts without embellishment, that is sufficient.  Then discuss solutions.

It certainly cheapens whatever facts are hidden within the sarcastic italicized comments.
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 5:58:31 AM EDT
[#15]
That mayor is thick.

Oh and Fuck Barrack Hussein Sugarcookie, Mayor Shreveport, LA
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 6:00:04 AM EDT
[#16]
no worries, won't be going there anytime soon, ESP now
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 6:00:20 AM EDT
[#17]
I have been stopped too many times since I got my CHL, and have never had a police officer feel the need to take possession of my firearms.  In my case, I actually followed the standard procedure of staying in the car with both hands visible on the steering wheel.  Likewise my pistol was not rapidly accessible (it was in a case on the front seat).

That said, for the duration of the stop, I believe that Texas also gives the police the authority to secure the weapon if they deem it necessary.

Link Posted: 6/14/2012 6:01:02 AM EDT
[#18]
I bought a gun from a guy there, i know he has FA and lots of LR guns,
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 6:03:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

THIS.
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 6:13:59 AM EDT
[#20]
This is old news. Robert is a straight-up, no bullshit guy.

The mayor is a douchebag who is a reflection of the general populace in Shreveport. That city is well on it's way to becoming Detroit 2.0

Link Posted: 6/14/2012 6:18:07 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I have been stopped too many times since I got my CHL, and have never had a police officer feel the need to take possession of my firearms.  In my case, I actually followed the standard procedure of staying in the car with both hands visible on the steering wheel.  Likewise my pistol was not rapidly accessible (it was in a case on the front seat).

That said, for the duration of the stop, I believe that Texas also gives the police the authority to secure the weapon if they deem it necessary.  

Are there states where you are required to exit the vehicle when you're pulled over?

I NEVER get out of the car. I've never been asked to exit the vehicle.

If i get pulled over I pull over as far as I can to give the co ample room to come to the door without risk of getting clipped by a car driving by.... or I pull into a parking lot if available.

I turn off the car and the radio and I have all my documentation in hand ready to present to the officer when they come to the door.

I don't ask questions and I'm respectful.

Generally I don't have any problems.

I see people pulled over and out of the vehicle and never understand why, unless they're asked to walk the line for being loaded on something.

Link Posted: 6/14/2012 6:20:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I despise these articles written with a sensationalist twist. Lay out the facts without embellishment, that is sufficient. Then discuss solutions.

Which is why I closed link before I finished the second paragraph.
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 6:25:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm sure Mayor Sugarcookie here is surrounded by people armed with far heavier weapons than a mere handgun...

Link Posted: 6/14/2012 6:31:54 AM EDT
[#24]
The dude fat fucking shit pile should be more concerned with his health than 'rights'.

How does a person fucking slob let themselves get like this?  He should have started questioning his health like 800lbs ago

Link Posted: 6/14/2012 6:37:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Good gosh, this story is nearly three years old.
Story from local TV station in 2009
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 6:39:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Isn't NAGR one of those "give us money and we won't do jack" groups?
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 6:48:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

THIS.

+2
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 6:48:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/images/CedricGlover.jpg

He is on Bloomberg's Mayors Against Guns panel but he himself (Glover) owns firearms.
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 8:08:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 8:10:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 8:21:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

yes, and the law also states the officer will return the weapon immediately at the conclusion of the stop.
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 8:39:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

An increasingly common line of thinking on this is that it is better to have the individual leave the firearm in the vehicle and step out in order to avoid any liability on the part of the agency, much like not accepting an entire wallet when asking for license, registration and proof of insurance. That way nothing ends up being reported "damaged" or "missing" after the stop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top