Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/1/2012 7:25:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy fucking shit. I thought there was gonna be some sort of semi comedic outcome.

Fucking run over? Did you go the hospital?

ETA: I own page 2 in epic thread.

This is still me as im thinking about this v

Link Posted: 6/1/2012 7:33:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Just shoot him now. Ask no questions
Link Posted: 6/1/2012 7:47:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

MYOB threads will become all the rage now.
You're either hero or a coward.

Or roadkill, apparently.

Link Posted: 6/1/2012 8:00:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Did you ever make a report?  

I called the fuzz and told them I got ran over (hit and run) but don't remember anything about the vehicle or driver.  They asked if I was ok and advised to call if I see anything suspicious in the future.
Link Posted: 6/1/2012 8:01:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why did you let him tailgate you in?  

if I dont recognize the vehicle I block the gate until it closes,im sure I've been seen as a asshole by some but fuck it the gates there for a reason

There is no way to do this unless you have a bus.  That gate opens 4 lanes wide, once it opens, anyone can get in/out until it closes.
Link Posted: 6/1/2012 8:05:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Holy fucking shit. I thought there was gonna be some sort of semi comedic outcome.

Fucking run over? Did you go the hospital?

ETA: I own page 2 in epic thread.

This is still me as im thinking about this v

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac5/pisceseye12/funny%20stuff/thomastankengine-ohshit.jpg

I did go to the hospital after a day.  I had so much adrenaline flowing that I didn't realize I was hurt until my girlfriend asked me what was wrong.  When I looked in the mirror I stripped naked, got in the shower, and scrubbed my wounds with betadine, a scrub brush, peroxide, then bandaged it all with gauze and Neosporin.  

I work in the medical industry and was a combat medic...  Dislocated jaw was the worst, I popped it back in socket...that hurt (even with the adrenaline).  Right now my elbow that got the tire over it is still the most sore, followed by my jaw.  I have a nasty scar that will be with me forever on my chin, and I don't think my big toe will ever be the same (half toenail now).  But the rest is healing up real quick.
Link Posted: 6/1/2012 8:15:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There's another thread on here about that cop that got his ass kicked and people watched.  A few weeks ago I saw a strange vehicle parked outside the gates of my gated community.  He didn't have any business being there, as residents have access, and visitors just have to call a resident to gain access.  This guy was just sitting there.  When I drove through the gate he followed me through and parked...and sat in his truck staring at a residence.

Before I tell you what I did I want to hear a few responses...what would you do?  MYOB, or.........

Remember, he couldn't get through the gate and was now inside sitting in his truck just staring down a residence, he obviously doesn't belong here.

- ETA Resolution -

Well, in hindsight I should have called the fuzz and walked inside and had a beer...

What I did, was walk up to the truck to ask the guy who he was and what he was doing there.  About 10ft from the truck the guy sees me, lets off the brake, steps on the gas, runs me over, goes through the gate and drives away.  Problem was either my head was bounced off the concrete, or it was hit by the truck.  I woke up a few seconds later bloody and battered and the last thing I remember is what I just posted.  I don't remember the license plate, description of driver, nothing.  Just that I was walking up to a truck.

Anyone who would run someone over and then drive off was/is no good...so I pegged the individual and his intentions.  I just should have never walked over there, should have called the cops and had a beer while they delt with it.

My only consolation is the fact that *maybe* I saved someone else from being injured far worse than what I was.

Evidently, you really did not expect that to happen.   Otherwise, you would have been prepared to shoot and/or dodge the truck.     I'm not going to say to never do that.   But, I will say don't did without being prepared.

Link Posted: 6/1/2012 8:54:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Without pics.

I'll hoist this.
Link Posted: 6/1/2012 8:59:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Without pics.

I'll hoist this.

Agreed.
Link Posted: 6/1/2012 9:20:12 PM EDT
[#10]
You approached a suspicious person in a running vehicle and let them run you down?
I only hope that your toe is one day the same as it ever was. Best of luck.
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 12:26:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're either hero or a coward. Choose your side now.

Ummm, no. That's not the way it works.
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 12:42:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

hero that MMOB
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 12:47:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Onlooker from outside the gate.
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 12:48:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Holy shit man. GLad you are okay. The good thing to come out of this is that dude probably figures you were able to give the cops a description of him and his truck and might not come back to do whatever fucked up shit he was going to do.  Makes me think he is a VERY bad person possibly plotting a rape or murder and he has probably done something bad before.   People don't run you over with a car to flee unless they have something to lose.

A good reminder that cars are a deadly weapon.

Link Posted: 6/2/2012 12:52:38 AM EDT
[#15]
is there a camera at the gate?
if not there should be
kind of pointless to have a gated community that doesn't have good security cameras
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 3:18:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Without pics.

I'll hoist this.

Agreed.

Yep.
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 4:38:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Without pics.

I'll hoist this.

Agreed.

Yep.

Link Posted: 6/2/2012 8:26:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Reasonable person test.  Approaching the vehicle does not pass this test.  Observe and report unless the situation changes.  What Zimmerman should have done.
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 8:38:27 AM EDT
[#19]
First guess was process server.

I used to do that all of the time when I was serving court paper.

You'd be surprised how short the wait time is on a gated community.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he was one. They don't make a psych test part of the licensing and I used to run into some very weird/crazy/shifty 'peers' when I was out serving.

Link Posted: 6/2/2012 8:43:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummm, no. That's not the way it works.

You, sir, are incorrect. That is most definitely the way it works on ARFCOM. It's actually fun to compare the responses of the same people in different "Hero versus Coward" threads, and attempt to make sense of their seemingly contradictory situational ethics.
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 8:50:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I did go to the hospital after a day.  I had so much adrenaline flowing that I didn't realize I was hurt until my girlfriend asked me what was wrong.  When I looked in the mirror I stripped naked, got in the shower, and scrubbed my wounds with betadine, a scrub brush, peroxide, then bandaged it all with gauze and Neosporin.  

I work in the medical industry and was a combat medic...  Dislocated jaw was the worst, I popped it back in socket...that hurt (even with the adrenaline).  Right now my elbow that got the tire over it is still the most sore, followed by my jaw.  I have a nasty scar that will be with me forever on my chin, and I don't think my big toe will ever be the same (half toenail now).  But the rest is healing up real quick.

So you were a combat medic but didn't have enough sense to go to a hospital after being run over by a car?  You could have suffered an unstable C-spine fracture and woken up permanently paralyzed the next day, ruptured spleen/liver and bled to death, etc.  I'm not calling you a liar but the story as a whole doesn't add up. <shrugs>
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 10:26:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you were a combat medic but didn't have enough sense to go to a hospital after being run over by a car?  You could have suffered an unstable C-spine fracture and woken up permanently paralyzed the next day, ruptured spleen/liver and bled to death, etc.  I'm not calling you a liar but the story as a whole doesn't add up. <shrugs>

Wow, nice to know you wish for a person whom you don't know to be paralyzed.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 10:27:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Without pics.

I'll hoist this.

Agreed.

Yep.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0087/9782/t/3/assets/slideFour.jpg?1116

I could post pics...but who would say they were pics of me?  Nobody here knows me or what I look like.  So then I post pics and get another "B.S., that's not you..." response.

You can exit the thread.
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 10:41:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Conventional ARFCOM thinking has always been MYOB and Never Invite the Man into Your Life.

That same line of thinking is how the Nazi's took over and killed 10's of millions

Link Posted: 6/2/2012 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Wow, that sucks. Glad you're ok.

I probably would have done the same thing as you.
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 1:17:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 1:18:07 PM EDT
[#27]
This made me laugh.
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 1:18:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Zimmerman him.

Laughed my ass off on this one
I woulda called the cops

lol
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 1:23:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Conventional ARFCOM thinking has always been MYOB and Never Invite the Man into Your Life.

That same line of thinking is how the Nazi's took over and killed 10's of millions

So if I don't go out tonight and fight street crime I'm helping the Nazis?  

This image of a grown man in a penguin suit using frozen fish to bring street justice to a gang of thugs suddenly entered my thoughts and made me laugh.
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 1:25:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 1:26:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where the hell do you get that from his response? Drama Queen much?

I was willing to go along with the story up until this.

Link Posted: 6/2/2012 1:31:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Without pics.

I'll hoist this.

Agreed.

Yep.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0087/9782/t/3/assets/slideFour.jpg?1116

I could post pics...but who would say they were pics of me?  Nobody here knows me or what I look like.  So then I post pics and get another "B.S., that's not you..." response.

You can exit the thread.

We can do a reverse image search.

Post up the pictures.
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 1:41:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably killing kittens, too.
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 1:53:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Knock on his window and ask him what he's looking for, because that's how I roll.

Don't see a problem with that

......until he shoots you in the face at point blank range.
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 1:56:42 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Knock on his window and ask him what he's looking for, because that's how I roll.

Don't you just love how many folks think it's cool to fuck with strangers?  

Link Posted: 6/2/2012 2:26:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Since you have a weird fascination with seeing the results of someone being hit by a car...and ARFCOM has a weird fascination with feet...here's my foot.  Foot was upside down when run over, tire was on the sole of my foot and road was on the top:

Link Posted: 6/2/2012 2:29:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Thanks for this object lesson in making use of available resources (police) to avoid injury/death.

Hope you heal quickly.
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Sorry to hear what happened to you. I think you had the right idea to do something but just took the wrong approach.

I have had people try and follow me through gates like that before and what I have done several times is to stop when I see what they are trying to do. They will either be stuck outside the gate or half way in but either way unable to proceed.

You can then either stay in your vehicle or step out and yell at them that they need to back up and use their own access card or call who they are visiting. Continue to block them until they do so. If they do not comply call the police and tell them you are now calling the police.

They few times I have done this the person either just backed up or honked and cursed me out and then backed up.
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:

When you are faced with any type of confrontation or possible confrontation, I am sure and reasonable police officer will tell you to MYOB and call the police.

Generally when you try to handle it yourself, you cause more problems from both you and the police.
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#40]
NVM
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 3:04:18 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He did no such thing.

Link Posted: 6/2/2012 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Since you have a weird fascination with seeing the results of someone being hit by a car...and ARFCOM has a weird fascination with feet...here's my foot.  Foot was upside down when run over, tire was on the sole of my foot and road was on the top:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/dyezak/f5059ed3.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/dyezak/05921cb9.jpg

Looks like I might need to drag down the flag.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 3:28:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Lesson learned, always take picture of suspicious vehicle with license plate before confronting.
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How did his statement in any way imply he wished harm on you. If anything, it was quite the opposite.
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 3:34:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't you just love how many folks think it's cool to fuck with strangers?  

Oh fer chrissakes, I don't charge up like billy bad ass.  I come up on him as a friendly helpful guy.  i.e., Hey, you looking for John?  What address you looking for? et cetera.
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 4:20:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/dyezak/f5059ed3.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/dyezak/05921cb9.jpg

Damn,

Good luck, maybe the details will come back to you and they can catch the guy.
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 4:22:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think maybe your head was run over.  That's not what I wrote at all.
Link Posted: 6/2/2012 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Geez, overreact much.  I didn't get that at all from his post.  Hell, I actually got more of a sense of concern than anything else.  

Link Posted: 6/3/2012 6:52:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Give the OP a break - he just got rund over by a truck and lived to tell about it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top