Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 78
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 5:45:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Had one heck of an evening after I logged off last night. Got nailed directly by that crazy line of thunderstorms that was moving across the mid Atlantic. Been without power since midnight, and they say it could be Wednesday before we get it back (I'm optimistic though). 95 and no ac sucks, but thank god for my Honda Genny...

May be a couple days before I make it back on.

Edit: posted more info in this thread if anyone interested.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_17/657990_.html&page=1&anc=11234369#i11234369
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 6:15:27 PM EDT
[#2]
got ground slammed by a hacker today(along with tiny and another, they both lived due to hacker going down the list and me being the first on server to die)
lost all my gear(again, yay another 2 days of murdering in towns for rekitting)
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
got ground slammed by a hacker today(along with tiny and another, they both lived due to hacker going down the list and me being the first on server to die)

Happened to me two days ago. The reoccurrences have pretty much ruined the game for me...
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I somehow broke my leg and am bleeding out at the ATC at NE Airfield. On a set of 3 stairs. This game is wearing on me .
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 7:19:26 PM EDT
[#5]
OK, this just rocks.

Been playing with the crossbow.

1. Silent, attracts no zombies.
2. Can pick up shot bolts that stick in things, or loot them from zombies after they are killed with a bolt.
3. Bolt stack in inventory (don't know how high yet)
4. Zombies are ALWAYS one shot kills with the crossbow.
5. Human players will go into shock and be unresponsive weh shot with just one crossbow bolt, easy to finish off.

I have had no trouble finding bolts. Thej only down side is recovering bolts in tall grass is tricky, like anything else you drop in tall grass in this game.

I am really liking this thing!
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 7:51:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I believe that has been stated by the Devs to be the case.

Check out Armaholic and see if you can dig up config variables.  That place is pretty good for all things ARMA.
It may be as simple as turning the server to Veteran config but manually setting 3rd person on.

I've looked at their FAQ, articles, and searched their forum.  I've also googled the file name and looked at every link that references it.  

I'm to the point of changing settings at random and rebooting the server.

As for the spidey sense, we could try turning off the friendly setting on ours (mousewheel nameplate) and that might do it.  We'd have to be much better at comms to avoid shooting each other.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ughhh....

Just got the most bullshit death EVVAR!

Riding a bike down a hill going like 70kph, a rabbit runs out in front of me and manages to collide with the front tire of my speeding bike.

For some inexplicable reason, this sends me and the bike tumbling forward and kills me.

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 7:56:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Happened to me two days ago. The reoccurrences have pretty much ruined the game for me...

We're about halfway to our renewal date.  If are thinking of ditching this server for a dedicated one or another host with better control, we could start banning everyone that's on when a hack occurs.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 7:56:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ughhh....

Just got the most bullshit death EVVAR!

Riding a bike down a hill going like 70kph, a rabbit runs out in front of me and manages to collide with the front tire of my speeding bike.

For some inexplicable reason, this sends me and the bike tumbling forward and kills me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmu5sRIizdw

Just realized that I gave my speed in KPH instead of MPH. I was going ~ 120 ingame speed. It was a bigass hill.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 7:59:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We're about halfway to our renewal date.  If are thinking of ditching this server for a dedicated one or another host with better control, we could start banning everyone that's on when a hack occurs.

The hacking hes talking about happened no another, much larger, server.

As for ours, I say we stop being so squeamish when it comes to banning people who are very likely cheating. DayZ devs aren't responding to our requests so we should just do it ourselves and be done with it.

Worst thing that can happen is the server get blacklisted and we get another one. The constant hacking on our server is starting to make the game much less fun.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 8:16:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The hacking hes talking about happened no another, much larger, server.

As for ours, I say we stop being so squeamish when it comes to banning people who are very likely cheating. DayZ devs aren't responding to our requests so we should just do it ourselves and be done with it.

Worst thing that can happen is the server get blacklisted and we get another one. The constant hacking on our server is starting to make the game much less fun.

I'm in agreement here.

If three players report a hacker, I'll issue a 3 day ban.
If five players report a hacker, I'll issue a 7 day ban.
If someone catches a hacker on fraps/chat/other proof, I'll issue a permaban for our server.

I'm not interested in what you think someone did yesterday or last week.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#12]
In reference to this thread, several server admins/owners agree that offensive language in player names is sufficient to issue bans under the racism/hate speech rule.

Subsequently, player MrClean4Hire has been banned for impersonating an AR15.com forum member who committed suicide, classified as hate speech.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 8:39:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone notice this in the new patch notes?  Mags will become much more important.

* [NEW] Player Syncing system replaced (increased performance and ammo quantity tracking)
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 8:53:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Anyone notice this in the new patch notes?  Mags will become much more important.

* [NEW] Player Syncing system replaced (increased performance and ammo quantity tracking)

Yep, stock up on your SD mags now.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 8:55:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
As for the spidey sense, we could try turning off the friendly setting on ours (mousewheel nameplate) and that might do it.  We'd have to be much better at comms to avoid shooting each other.

IMO the mousewheel is redundant. We already avoid FF with comms pretty exclusively, it's certainly more effective than waiting for the nameplate to pop-up when you're that close to people (and the mousewheel is useless at night).
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 8:59:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
In reference to this thread, several server admins/owners agree that offensive language in player names is sufficient to issue bans under the racism/hate speech rule.

Subsequently, player MrClean4Hire has been banned for impersonating an AR15.com forum member who committed suicide, classified as hate speech.

Good. He should have been banned solely for that, not to mention the myriad number of hacks he's been accused of.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 9:25:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Please do you have it on video? DId someone take a screenshot of the playerlist?

Was it like my video below.....

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 10:00:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please do you have it on video? DId someone take a screenshot of the playerlist?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmg1Et-1RaA&hd=1

If you can, let me know the exact time (and date if not the current day) something like this occurs along with the player list.  Capturing the GUIDs of people online at the time is easy, digging through old logs - not so much (they contain a timestamp, not a datestamp, so I have to manually count days backwards).
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 10:02:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you can, let me know the exact time (and date if not the current day) something like this occurs along with the player list.  Capturing the GUIDs of people online at the time is easy, digging through old logs - not so much (they contain a timestamp, not a datestamp, so I have to manually count days backwards).

Had to do that the other day.  Huge pain in the ass.

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 10:02:54 PM EDT
[#20]
BTW, this is what I'm considering moving to if we abandon HFB.

VPS Option
Unmanaged VPS
3GB Dedicated RAM
4 x 3.6GHz CPU
100GB HDD Space
1Gbps with 10TB Bandwidth
Windows Server 2008 Std

$50/month

ETA: 1-2 Business Days

We would get full RDP to the server, allowing us to patch as needed.  I'm finding out if they can allow us to set time zone as well.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 10:06:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Had to do that the other day.  Huge pain in the ass.

Yeah, I painstakingly collected GUIDs for everyone online over a 4 hour period trying to determine the hacker for an event a couple of days - only to realize 90% of the way done that I had the wrong day.  

Just for reference, that came out to ~140 GUIDs (not counting arfcommers) out of roughly 1000-2000 lines of logs manually scanned.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 10:21:04 PM EDT
[#22]
I should have got this game sooner. You watch these walk through vids and it looks challenging but doable. I get the game they remove your firearm, expand the detection radius, triple the zombie spawn lol. I have not been able to locate one item in my 4 attempts so far, 30-45 minutes each stalking through empty towns(not one barn, shit house, shed or enter-able house) to finally be detected from the other side of a house and be chased for 5 minutes by what appears to be every zombie from the town.

I hope they reduce it a bit as it is a pain in the ass when you have 20 Zs walking cross patrol patterns that would make any CSM jizz in their pants lol.

So, what am I doing wrong?
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 10:30:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can someone message me the server info so I can play with you all

Ditto. Please/thank you.

I'd like to know too if there is room.

Just got shot in the head in Balota Airfield tower while grabbing some loot and lost everything. Playing alone sucks.

TS3 INFO:  IP:  ts.tagaming.net, no password.

When you get in, poke someone and they will tell you how to get in with us.

can't find it on Six Launcher server list  
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I should have got this game sooner. You watch these walk through vids and it looks challenging but doable. I get the game they remove your firearm, expand the detection radius, triple the zombie spawn lol. I have not been able to locate one item in my 4 attempts so far, 30-45 minutes each stalking through empty towns(not one barn, shit house, shed or enter-able house) to finally be detected from the other side of a house and be chased for 5 minutes by what appears to be every zombie from the town.

I hope they reduce it a bit as it is a pain in the ass when you have 20 Zs walking cross patrol patterns that would make any CSM jizz in their pants lol.

Low crawl - you will be 10 feet from them and they wont see you.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 10:37:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can someone message me the server info so I can play with you all

Ditto. Please/thank you.

I'd like to know too if there is room.

Just got shot in the head in Balota Airfield tower while grabbing some loot and lost everything. Playing alone sucks.

TS3 INFO:  IP:  ts.tagaming.net, no password.

When you get in, poke someone and they will tell you how to get in with us.

can't find it on Six Launcher server list  

TS3 = Teamspeak 3.  Google it.  It's a voice comm software.

It won't be listed in Six Launcher server list, it has nothing to do with it.

You need the TS3 client to join the TS3 server we use for voice comms.

When you get into the TS3 server, you will be told how to get in with us and where we are playing.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 10:43:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 11:14:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

thank god he is gone.
As far as my hacking death, I caught it on my fraps buffer but due to how that works and me closing the game, it deleted the footage instead of saving it

If you guys use fraps, the buffer feature is amazing. I record a 30s buffer, so if I hit record because something just happened, the 30 seconds before it gets saved to

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 11:18:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I somehow broke my leg and am bleeding out at the ATC at NE Airfield. On a set of 3 stairs. This game is wearing on me .

I desperately need help at NE Airfield... immediate bandage/epi or something
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 12:57:20 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I desperately need help at NE Airfield... immediate bandage/epi or something

I'd help you but I'm at NW airfield logged out ATM. I usually hang around NE airfield but I was trying to get an M4 SD. Do you ever get on TS? We were all there at the NW airfield in a group of five of us for a while.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 1:16:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Prone around zombies, avoid towns without enterable builds (see below), aim for barns, supermarkets and deer stands. And get on teamspeak.

http://picacid.com/arma2/loot_en.html

Look at this map, and click on the yellow circles. Learn what the loot spawning buildings look like and what types of loot they spawn.

http://picacid.com/arma2/loot_en.html

This page also shows what spawns where, with pictures of the structures.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 6:48:17 AM EDT
[#31]
I went vehicle hunting after most of you guys logged last night.  Confirmed that the red car went poof.  Oh well.  Ran down the whole west side of the map.  Came across a tent and used a grenade from the tent to smash it

Proceeded on down south and found another tent

Checked it out and it had an M4a3 CCO suppressed and ...a L85A2  

I am now a happy camper, I'm not totally useless at night.

Found no vehicles on the west side.  Ran over to NE to meet up with RX7 and we pitched an additional tent somewhere then went to go play in Berezino.  Raided the place without incident.  Stocked up one of the tents then I had to log.

Not too shabby.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 9:12:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

VPS Option
Unmanaged VPS
3GB Dedicated RAM
4 x 3.6GHz CPU
100GB HDD Space
Windows Server 2008 Std

$50/month

We would get full RDP to the server, allowing us to patch as needed.  I'm finding out if they can allow us to set time zone as well.

Being as that looks like a VPS server, probably doubtful they can change time zones.  I think there are some server apps that allow VPS servers to do that, but I've heard it's not common.

How many slots does that VPS provider offer for that Package?  I would think 40 or 50 by that pricing.
I wouldn't be averse to chipping in for a full dedicated box that we could run multiple servers on.  Maybe 3 servers with different settings for people to go back and forth on?
Beginner set up with all the noob stuff turned on.
Mid Level with some of the stuff turned off ( CH off, 3dp ON, Ranging ON)
High Level with Hardcore settings. NO CH, 3DP, Map points, etc.

We have a regular enough crew that 5-10$ per person per month would pay for this easily I think.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 11:29:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

VPS Option
Unmanaged VPS
3GB Dedicated RAM
4 x 3.6GHz CPU
100GB HDD Space
Windows Server 2008 Std

$50/month

Being as that looks like a VPS server, probably doubtful they can change time zones.  I think there are some server apps that allow VPS servers to do that, but I've heard it's not common.

How many slots does that VPS provider offer for that Package?  I would think 40 or 50 by that pricing.
I wouldn't be averse to chipping in for a full dedicated box that we could run multiple servers on.  Maybe 3 servers with different settings for people to go back and forth on?
Beginner set up with all the noob stuff turned on.
Mid Level with some of the stuff turned off ( CH off, 3dp ON, Ranging ON)
High Level with Hardcore settings. NO CH, 3DP, Map points, etc.

We have a regular enough crew that 5-10$ per person per month would pay for this easily I think.

Adam McKissock, the guy who runs HFB, mentioned to me when I was on their TS help line that it would be possible to change the server timezone through a VPS option.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 11:31:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Adam McKissock, the guy who runs HFB, mentioned to me when I was on their TS help line that it would be possible to change the server timezone through a VPS option.

I thought thats what we had currently, an instance of a VPS.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 11:35:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Adam McKissock, the guy who runs HFB, mentioned to me when I was on their TS help line that it would be possible to change the server timezone through an UNMANAGED VPS option.

It is, but because it is "managed", we don't have RDP access.

Forgot to mention the "unmanaged" part. Fixed in red.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 11:37:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Adam McKissock, the guy who runs HFB, mentioned to me when I was on their TS help line that it would be possible to change the server timezone through an UNMANAGED VPS option.

It is, but because it is "managed", we don't have RDP access.

Forgot to mention the "unmanaged" part. Fixed in red.

gotcha.  I was like...wait lol.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 11:40:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Adam told me that they will be implementing their own system of changing timezones on VPS instances because he didn't like the way other hosts were doing it.

They jumped head-first in to middle-manning some game server hosting and are showing it through lack of support and lack of knowing WTF they're doing.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 1:22:34 PM EDT
[#38]
finally found wood and matches, helped my roomate to get near where im at, but somehow when he was running from zombies, his pack dropped. so i found him some food and water, he still has his ak, and a 1911 now, almost grabbed a glock for him, but he wanted the 1911 instead.  found 100 rounds for the m249, not sure if we will find the mg, but if we dont die, might drop to the arf guys if we ever run into them. is the airbase the best place to find a tent?

then gonna take him to the market where im at, its been spawning packs.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 1:30:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Was on a diff server sniping out over elektro and noticed what looked like a ghillied rifle in the top floor of the nearest FD building.  Went to investigate and found an M40a3 on the top floor, PKM on the second floor, m16+acog+m203 on the first floor with a ton of mg36 ammo around it.  Both the M40a3 and PKM are hacked weapons since neither spawn in DayZ.  Really sucks because that M40a3 is zero-able and looks awesome. I hope that's a weapon they implement in the future.

Anyway, fucking hackers.  Don't they realize any one of the DayZ staff can probably just type an item ID in the DB and figure out if someone is carrying around something not on the loot list?  Not worth the risk, IMHO.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:00:18 PM EDT
[#40]
I just logged into a Russian server and a guy was facing me right in front of me as I logged in at the NW Airfield. I unloaded an entire DMR mag from my M14 AIM into him and he didn't die and I did. Lost a shit ton of good gear.

Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:02:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I just logged into a Russian server and a guy was facing me right in front of me as I logged in at the NW Airfield. I unloaded an entire DMR mag from my M14 AIM into him and he didn't die and I did. Lost a shit ton of good gear.

This is why you never, EVER, go to a russian server, or even go near a russian in game. Russian servers are notorious for having loads of hackers.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

There is a bug that will spawn your own character in front or beside you.

If you kill it, you can kill yourself.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 2:26:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a bug that will spawn your own character in front or beside you.

If you kill it, you can kill yourself.

It's like The Portrait of Dorian Grey, only with zombies.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 3:24:44 PM EDT
[#44]
I've been raiding Starry every so often when I have a few moments - nothing of interest except a frag every couple of runs.

So today I log in and decide to go look in the giant metal barn building - nothing there, but I hear guns shots so I sneak over to the west side, top floor.  There's a guy running around with a horde of zombies chasing him.  He loses them in a big building and then runs to a smaller one.  I wait and as soon as he runs out I put a suppressed round from the Bizon in him.  He drops and of course logs immediately (no kill).  After 5 minutes of waiting, I log too.

I log back in later, and am about to head down and raid the tents when I heard zombies chasing something and look down to see the red car (not our server) pulling up to the building outside the big, low barn.  A guy gets out and runs inside.  So I move to where I have an angle and chuck a frag.  I must have got him because I got a kill.  I threw a second just to be sure and to see if I could blow up the car.  I headed down to try and search him, but I aggroed a zombie and my weapon was stuck in the "down" position so I couldn't fire to defend myself.  Once I realized I couldn't shoot, I tried to log but I logged back in dead.    Bizon and M4 CCO gone.

I decided to log into our server and ended up in Electro.  Found the crossbow, and have been sniping my way all the way to Berezino.  I'm starting to like it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 3:30:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I've been raiding Starry every so often when I have a few moments - nothing of interest except a frag every couple of runs.

So today I log in and decide to go look in the giant metal barn building - nothing there, but I hear guns shots so I sneak over to the west side, top floor.  There's a guy running around with a horde of zombies chasing him.  He loses them in a big building and then runs to a smaller one.  I wait and as soon as he runs out I put a suppressed round from the Bizon in him.  He drops and of course logs immediately (no kill).  After 5 minutes of waiting, I log too.

I log back in later, and am about to head down and raid the tents when I heard zombies chasing something and look down to see the red car (not our server) pulling up to the building outside the big, low barn.  A guy gets out and runs inside.  So I move to where I have an angle and chuck a frag.  I must have got him because I got a kill.  I threw a second just to be sure and to see if I could blow up the car.  I headed down to try and search him, but I aggroed a zombie and my weapon was stuck in the "down" position so I couldn't fire to defend myself.  Once I realized I couldn't shoot, I tried to log but I logged back in dead.    Bizon and M4 CCO gone.

I decided to log into our server and ended up in Electro.  Found the crossbow, and have been sniping my way all the way to Berezino.  I'm starting to like it.

Killed by zombie.........noob.......
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 3:37:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Says the guy killed by a bunny.

Second time that has happened to me. Usually it happens after climbing up or down a ladder.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Says the guy killed by a bunny.

Second time that has happened to me. Usually it happens after climbing up or down a ladder.

That bunny was a vicious Kamikaze death machine....
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 4:41:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Won't anybody help ol' Kstanton out? I'm bleeding bad at NE Airfield... I'm begging here!
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Won't anybody help ol' Kstanton out? I'm bleeding bad at NE Airfield... I'm begging here!

Asking on TS would be more likely to garner results. I can't as I'm not at home.
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 6:29:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

If no one has yet, I can try to make it to you from Berezino.  I've got blood bags and a crossbow.
Page / 78
Top Top