Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/11/2012 6:48:11 PM EDT
Holy crap!  I went to pick up my son at a party, and on the way home, we saw an orange/red light in the sky...and we were actually trying to figure out if it was a star or planet.  About 4-5 minutes later, there were four of the exact same lights kind of spread out in the North/Northwest sky(NNW of here anyway).  Really looked weird.  I drove home, and we could not see them from our backyard, so my wife jumped in the car, and we drove to a church with a large campus about a half mile away so we could see.  Sure enough, the four bright lights...moving.  One seemingly moved near another, and then they disappeared rather quickly.  Then the other two moved near each other and disappeared like the first two.

I've seen satellites pass over...these were not satellites.
I've never seen aircraft that bright from that far away while staying solid bright the entire time they are in view and then disappear that quickly.
I've seen meteorites/shooting stars...these four objects were in the sky, in the same area, for several minutes.

What the fuck?????

Okay, flame away...I have my tinfoil on tight.  I also have two witnesses.

Also, there were no sounds, and I have no idea how far away they were.  But when we first saw them, they were really spread out.
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Huh?

Link Posted: 5/11/2012 6:49:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Swamp gas.
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#3]
That was Ron Paul going home for the weekend.
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#4]
A Raptor with small hands in a mini space ship reading the Book of Eli.

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 5/11/2012 6:49:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 6:50:37 PM EDT
[#6]
holy jeez! something landed in my back yard! brb going to investigate
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 6:51:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I wish I could do drugs too....
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 6:51:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Kinda helps to know where you are at.

TN is a fairly big place.

More questions below:

1.  At what time did you first see the lights?

2.  Do you remember everything that happened after you saw the lights?

3a.  Did you have a missing time episode?  

3b.  Are you sure?

4.  Does your anus feel sore?

Link Posted: 5/11/2012 6:52:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Google "Sky Lanterns"

Link Posted: 5/11/2012 6:52:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Well it fell out of the sky, landed just a little south of Moline.
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Military aircraft flares?  Any bases nearby your location?

Also, that aliens guy pic never gets old
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 6:53:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 6:53:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Kinda helps to know where you are at.

TN is a fairly big place.

Knoxville.  

No drugs or alcohol.  

Link Posted: 5/11/2012 6:53:45 PM EDT
[#14]
QUICK!!  .....Shine a laser pointer at them and see what happens
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Weather balloons
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 6:55:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Is your bunghole sore?
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#18]
It's great that you had the foresight to include enough information, like geographic location, as well as taking high resolution pictures and/or video so that the rest of us could witness such an event.

My wife says you probably saw flares, since she's seen them multiple times out in the desert and had a similar reaction.
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 6:57:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Is your bunghole sore?

Don't you watch the Simpsons?

The aliens told Homer "We have already learned all that we can about your species from anal probing."

Link Posted: 5/11/2012 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Google "Sky Lanterns"  

Doubtful.  Maybe, but I don't think so.  Again, they appeared to be really high in the sky...and I doubt sky lanterns would be big enough or bright enough to be seen that well for that long at the distance they "appeared" to be.  Then again, with no frame of reference, who knows how close or far they were.

Link Posted: 5/11/2012 6:59:39 PM EDT
[#21]
The only unusual object I saw in the sky today was a hot air balloon, very early this morning just after sunrise.
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Google "Sky Lanterns"  

Doubtful.  Maybe, but I don't think so.  Again, they appeared to be really high in the sky...and I doubt sky lanterns would be big enough or bright enough to be seen that well for that long at the distance they "appeared" to be.  Then again, with no frame of reference, who knows how close or far they were.

Where was your original viewing location in reference to the secondary location? What was the azimuth and elevation of the observation?

Some of my work is in multilateration, or determining positions from weak information
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Or Pelosi, Panetta, Boxer and Feinswein going home for the weekend.
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:13:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Google "Sky Lanterns"  

Where was your original viewing location in reference to the secondary location? What was the azimuth and elevation of the observation?

Some of my work is in multilateration, or determining positions from weak information

Are you shitting me?

The second time they came into view (actually, I only saw one the first time), I had traveled probably two miles north and another mile and a half or so to the east.  I'm going to guess the elevation to be probably 70 degrees or so above the horizon.  It was hard to tell if the elevation had changed a great deal from the first viewing to the second to the third...although, when they disappeared, they seemed to move up and away very rapidly.  

Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:15:03 PM EDT
[#25]
That white blotter'll fuck you up!
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Or Pelosi, Panetta, Boxer and Feinswein going home for the weekend.
Quoted:

West of the Rockies...You're on.
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Is your bunghole sore?

Why, yes it is, but I'm feeling froggy.
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:20:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Weird,  About twenty minutes ago my scanner picked up a couple of aircraft mentioning seeing a light in the sky.
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Coast to Coast starts in 39 minutes EST... OP should call in.  Use the name ARock so I know who you are.
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Were they somewhat equally spaced?

Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:25:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Sorry, that last rocket had more juice than planned
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#32]

Are you saying that our aircraft are being targeted and are having to deploy flares to avoid being shot down?  Over our own territory?  

Holy fuck.
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:26:21 PM EDT
[#33]
NASA will deny......
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Google "Sky Lanterns"  

Are you shitting me?

The second time they came into view (actually, I only saw one the first time), I had traveled probably two miles north and another mile and a half or so to the east.  I'm going to guess the elevation to be probably 70 degrees or so above the horizon.  It was hard to tell if the elevation had changed a great deal from the first viewing to the second to the third...although, when they disappeared, they seemed to move up and away very rapidly.  

For the most part, yeah, I'm shitting you. I don't expect people not like me to take information like that into consideration. It is useful information to me, though, and my wife hates the vivid detail I use to describe things.

With 2 measurements 2.5 miles apart, as well as some static observation to determine relative motion, you can get a pretty good idea of location. Using a GPS or phone, or even a piece of paper with a small sketch at each known location, you can take surprisingly good measurements of azimuth & elevation.

I once saw tanks doing night training while I was stargazing from an empty mountain in Idaho. A couple observations from known locations a few miles apart, and I "found" the tank training grounds out in the desert... Once I found what the place was, the strange lights moving around in the sky that night made a whole lot more sense.

Wife still insists they are flares. They are not that uncommon around Knoxville.
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:27:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Are you saying that our aircraft are being targeted and are having to deploy flares to avoid being shot down?  Over our own territory?  

Holy fuck.

Flares get fired off stateside pretty much daily.
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:28:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Unicorn shitting skittles.
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:31:35 PM EDT
[#37]
The Triffids are coming.

Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy fuck.

I forgot to add this.......
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:34:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy fuck.

QFT.

They used to pop flares all the time when I lived in the central part of the state.  Hell,  they fairly often broke the sound barrier.  Once in a while you could look up and see them doing close A2A.
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:49:56 PM EDT
[#40]
You doing your own shine again?
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 7:56:56 PM EDT
[#41]
X-class solar flare knocking down satellites.  AKA  

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

Link Posted: 5/11/2012 8:01:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Fucking UFO, there goes the nieghborhood.
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 8:09:17 PM EDT
[#43]
ADD kicked on, I am not reading that
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 8:09:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Who doesn't have a camera on them nowadays?

Link Posted: 5/11/2012 8:09:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Several of us on the forum had seen similar objects moving in the sky all over the US the last week of 2011.
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 8:18:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I am South of Moline,nothing to report.....yet.
Link Posted: 5/11/2012 8:26:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Who doesn't have a camera on them nowadays?  

Was getting my iPhone out as they started to move away.  The lights in the parking lot made it impossible to see them in the camera for the few seconds I was able to get out of the car and try to snap a shot.

Link Posted: 5/11/2012 8:27:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Several of us on the forum had seen similar objects moving in the sky all over the US the last week of 2011.

Was there any consensus on what they were?

Link Posted: 5/11/2012 8:27:54 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am South of Moline,nothing to report.....yet.

Don't fall out of your tractor.

Link Posted: 5/11/2012 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Man you drove back to a place to view them and didn't think to whip out the cell phone and video it I see you tried I guess

My cousin graduated from UT Knoxville today. I had to work or else I would have been there to see these aliens you speak of
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top