Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/23/2012 2:25:44 AM EDT
OK, the "community" I mainly point my finger at in this case is Black. I work with several Black guys, and a few Black women. I always hear the Black guys, even the married ones, talk to each other about getting some strange, etc, like its no big deal. One Black women I work with said that her father told her to accept the fact that a man is going to cheat, on her wedding day. Now, I know that anybody can cheat, but it just seems like its expected in Black communty.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 2:34:21 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a cultural thing baby

Oh, and IBTL.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 2:35:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you think your black guy is messing around on you?

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 2:36:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I think that cheating is getting more accepted  through out America as a whole.  With that said, 2 black females in my unit just got busted for having sex with 2 married black males.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 2:47:39 AM EDT
[#4]
You cant have adultery without marriage.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 2:50:24 AM EDT
[#5]
OP won't except my friend request on facebook. I was going to cry, accept I decided not to at the last minute.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 2:52:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

OP won't except my friend request on facebook. I was going to cry, accept I decided not to at the last minute.

Hey, misspelling/confusion of words is more excepted in this community of firearms owners.

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 2:52:36 AM EDT
[#7]
IBTL

And, yes, data (that I quickly found using Google for what its worth) shows black men most frequently self-identify as cheaters.  With people of Scottish descent in second place.

ETA - Asians are the most faithful.

ETA - Scandanavian women cheat the most.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 2:53:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I remember hearing from Sunday School teachers that any sex before marriage (or after if you get divorced) is adultery.

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 2:55:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, misspelling/confusion of words is more excepted in this community of firearms owners.  

Yea, I can't spell for shit, nor do I plan on fixing it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 3:02:20 AM EDT
[#10]
the guys i work with, make no big deal about cheating on their wives and girlfriends. it's pretty sad to see a car full of kids in a Donk pull up and see dad with babies moma driving and then several other chicks show up later at different times. hell one guy make no excuses for the 9 kids he has and is trying his best for a 10th. he claims that if you have 10 kids here in Georgia, you don't have to pay child support, like he does anyways
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 3:05:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Isn't adultery only bad if you're religious?
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 3:05:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Does someone need a LOT of attention?

IBTL
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 3:12:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember hearing from Sunday School teachers that any sex before marriage (or after if you get divorced) is adultery.

No, that's fornication. That culture has tons of baby daddies but one word I never hear in the hood is "husband".
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 3:15:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes.
And if you believe Bill Cosby and Mayor Nutter then almost everything is acceptable in the black community and the culture really needs changing.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 3:18:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

No, that's fornication. That culture has tons of baby daddies but one word I never hear in the hood is "husband".

Fornication is between two unmarried individuals.

Adultery is when either one is married to someone else.  So an unmarried person can commit adultery.

UCMJ definition.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 3:19:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Morals vs. ethics.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 3:24:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, that's fornication.

Both are technically illegal in my state.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 3:24:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It should be bad no matter what you are. You make a promise, you should keep that promise. I think its pretty fucked up, and I'm not religious in the least.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 3:25:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 3:30:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
IBTL

And, yes, data (that I quickly found using Google for what its worth) shows black men most frequently self-identify as cheaters.  With people of Scottish descent in second place.

I think mistresses are pretty common in some parts of Asia. My buddy went with his wife to visit her family. He went to his sister in law's office and there was a painting of the company owner with both his wife and long term mistress in the painting.  

I thought you were going to post that penguins are monogamous and breed for life.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 3:30:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
OK, the "community" I mainly point my finger at in this case is Black. I work with several Black guys, and a few Black women. I always hear the Black guys, even the married ones, talk to each other about getting some strange, etc, like its no big deal. One Black women I work with said that her father told her to accept the fact that a man is going to cheat, on her wedding day. Now, I know that anybody can cheat, but it just seems like its expected in Black communty.

Ummm..... yes.

Take a look at European aristocracy through most of history.  Marriages were typically political and arranged.  It was practically expected that both partners would have paramours.  In THAT culture, adultery was acceptable.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 3:31:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fornication is between two unmarried individuals.

Adultery is when either one is married to someone else.  So an unmarried person can commit adultery.

UCMJ definition.

I submit to your definition, but you still have to have at least one of the parties in a marriage and that is more rare than hens teeth in the hood.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 3:40:44 AM EDT
[#23]
like most things in life there are acceptions...
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 3:45:34 AM EDT
[#24]
My first wife cheated on me with a married man. I am white and she was half white, half Chinese.
I would never cheat on my wife and I look at it like this. I think highly of myself and would not like ''myself'' if I was dishonest enough to cheat on my wife and children. Even if my wife and I hated each other I would not lower myself in such a way.  
I do see alot of other people who cheat every oppertunity they get and it has become somewhat typical. Most people justify their selfish actions by blaming someone else and never looking back. If they have ways of still liking themselves after doing such things then good for them.  I will stick to my way.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 3:49:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Walter E. Williams says its the liberal's fault...

and he is right.

Divorce rate among blacks were much lower pre FDR...
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 3:58:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 3:59:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Presently black divorce rate is higher than white divorce rate....
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 4:00:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Acceptable?
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 4:02:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I see what you did there . . .
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 4:02:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Presently black divorce rate is higher than white divorce rate....

How about white trailer trash divorce rate?
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 4:03:46 AM EDT
[#31]
I don't think skin color has anything to do with cheating.

I think that in more Progressive and Liberal societies, that Liberation of the body is more exceptable, yes.

That's kinda the point.

Loyalty is not necessarily of the body but more so of the heart and mind.

Honestly I could be completely emotionally loyal and in love with one woman, and have sex with a different woman every day for the rest of my life.

The two are completely different states of mind to me.

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 4:05:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 4:15:47 AM EDT
[#33]
yeah, if you live in a planned community called "the Glen" in Glenview, IL, it's totally acceptable. The demographic in this community is very well educated, very white and almost entirely young families. Many of the bedrooms are seeing a lot of daytime action when daddy is away at work, and when the mommies get together for "bunco" there are few secrets.

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 4:17:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 4:24:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Everything's acceptable in a garbage dump.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 4:34:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:
IBTL

I think mistresses are pretty common in some parts of Asia. My buddy went with his wife to visit her family. He went to his sister in law's office and there was a painting of the company owner with both his wife and long term mistress in the painting.  

Also very common in D.C.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 4:39:12 AM EDT
[#37]
OP is a racist, that "community" values 2 parent households and a life free from gov't dependence

/sarcasm
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 4:50:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Very much so from my experience
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 5:09:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Doesn't exceptable mean that the act is not tolerated?

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 5:22:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I think it is more common in the Swinger community.

Also I’ve read rumors on Penguins having illegitimate children on the side and refusing to pay child support!
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 5:35:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Monogomy isn't as big of a deal in many circles, so long as you provide for your family (which is seen as more important than who you have sex with).

Hell, japanese women expect the man to have a mistress after they pop out a kid......
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 5:41:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Its big in the HIspanic community
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 5:43:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
yeah, if you live in a planned community called "the Glen" in Glenview, IL, it's totally acceptable. The demographic in this community is very well educated, very white and almost entirely young families. Many of the bedrooms are seeing a lot of daytime action when daddy is away at work, and when the mommies get together for "bunco" there are few secrets.

Nothing worse than a bunch of desperate housewives getting together.  Women are just as bad as men, if not worse.  

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 5:45:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Now this is a good troll thread.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 5:46:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Best answer. Why is Arfcom so obsessed with black people?
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 5:54:16 AM EDT
[#46]
I thought this thread was going to be about France.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 5:56:35 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Best answer. Why is Arfcom so obsessed with black people?

It's a cultural problem.

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 5:57:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Monogomy isn't as big of a deal in many circles, so long as you provide for your family (which is seen as more important than who you have sex with).

Hell, japanese women expect the man to have a mistress after they pop out a kid......

Yes, but they don't want to know about her or they get mad.

My father's second wife was Japanese and he had Filipino girlfriend on the side.
He even was going to take me to meet her when I visited Oki, but we didn't when I demonstrated a large lack of enthusiasm.

Link Posted: 4/23/2012 5:57:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Yes.
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 6:06:10 AM EDT
[#50]
I heard its worse in (big) Johnson City.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top