Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would rather go through it myself than let one of my kids make the trip.

This. I can't even fathom experiencing that.

No kidding. As a father of 3 that would just be devastating.

You know what really puts things in perspective, though?  

Back in the day-before modern medicine and premier medical insurance and services, and major hospitals and such-families would tend to be larger, with the deaths of one or more children being pretty common.  Diseases, farm machinery accidents, getting killed by horse, etc.  Tragic, but not unheard of at all.

Parents had to carry on while they made a living, and everybody just adjusted as best as they could.  No counseling.  No anti-depressants.  No encounter groups.  Just more work so everyone could eat.  Probably not enough time to even cry about it.  

Tough people they were.  Tough.

Times have changed, haven't they?  I think we're all more sensitive to this kind of tragedy now-and I'm not complaining about it, either.  Makes me glad I live in the era that I do.
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Lord, have mercy on that family.

Link Posted: 4/10/2012 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't even begin to comprehend the grief of that stupid, neglectful father.

Link Posted: 4/10/2012 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 4/10/2012 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If that happened to one of my kids I would have a hard time not running into the house and having a 12 gauge snack.

I wouldnt have a hard time. I love my kids more than anything on this mortal coil.
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 6:13:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Holy fucking fuck.
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 6:16:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Sickening and horrible. Hopefully, the family can recover and salvage their lives. The worst has probably yet to come.
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 6:20:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Any idiot that lets a 6 year old anywhere near a running woodchipper needs to be fed into it themselves.

No fucking shit. No way a kid should be any where near one of those.
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Nevermind.
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 6:38:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Prayers for the family

Dad should have hired a babysitter, since they weren't in school, then gone to work, very negligent. His 8 year old sister was there too.
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 6:41:29 PM EDT
[#11]
There was a guy locally at a paper mill that was in a debarker at the mil and didn't LOTO the machine. A guy came along and fired up the machine. By the time the dude running it heard the screaming it was too late. Uncle had to climb in and remove pieces of the guy for the mortuary.
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 6:43:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I will not read this story.  No fucking way.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I really feel for the family. I can't imagine how I could possible go on if that were my son. I would've probably ate a Gold Dot right then and there if I witnessed my own son chewed up.

Link Posted: 4/10/2012 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Doesn't really surprise me to be honest. One of my Soldiers let his 9 year old son try to cut up a tree with a chainsaw... the kid now has no left hand.
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 6:49:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any idiot that lets a 6 year old anywhere near a running woodchipper needs to be fed into it themselves.

Anyone who would have that happen to his child, would probably be very sorely tempted to follow him into it...

If not for my other kids I sure would.
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 6:53:42 PM EDT
[#16]
This is awful

Link Posted: 4/10/2012 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Branch went in, little guy freaked and hung on, fuck this thread im out.
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 7:03:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Horrible, and people are taking chances because there isn't money for professionals.

Do-it-your-selfers, have to live with the results.

Horribly tragic.

Thankfully everyone here has been respectful too.

Link Posted: 4/10/2012 7:19:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Horrible, and people are taking chances because there isn't money for professionals.

Do-it-your-selfers, have to live with the results.

Horribly tragic.

Thankfully everyone here has been respectful too.

This guy was a "professional" so he of all people KNEW better!

ETA: He owns a tree removal service and was on a job with his kids.

Link Posted: 4/10/2012 7:37:23 PM EDT
[#20]
This has got to be the biggest WTF incident I have heard of in a long long time.
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 10:22:57 PM EDT
[#21]
A lot of crazy stuff sure happens in Connetercut.
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 10:25:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Fucking hell...

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top